My Step-Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 19: Into The Woods

69.3K 1.8K 1.6K
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

"A cabin?" Ethan asked.

"Kind of. It's a holiday home, so basically a really big cabin." Dad explained.

"We're going there tomorrow?" Brandon asked, scrolling through his phone.

"Yup. There's a lake behind but there's only 4 rooms," Rose explained. "You guys will have to share. Two people in each. Your father and I will get one, and you guys decide how you'll share. There's 8 of you so-"

"8?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah, your cousin will be there too."

Andrew nodded and went back to looking through the TV.

"Brandon and I will share a room." Ethan said, and Brandon shrugged. "I'm fine with that."

"I want a room with Andrew and Alex!" Daniel quickly added, leaving Jayden and I.

"Do I have to be with her?" Jayden complained.

"Hey! It's an opportunity to get along and bond. You guys can share it with your cousin too, so it'll be fine," Rose said. "You guys will meet him at the cabin."

"I thought you said it was a big cabin, Why is there only 4 bedrooms?" Ethan asked.

"The living room, lounge, kitchen is big. The land is big, it's just that there's not that many rooms. We're just a big family," Dad responded.

I looked up, "How long are we staying?"

"Two days. Not that long. So you guys should start packing."

***
It was a 2 hour drive. I stayed quiet the whole time, looking out the window. Jayden had his headphones on and had his eyes closed. I could see Brandon on his phone, and besides Ethan, the rest were talking.

"They said there was a lake, right?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, we should go there," Alex replied.

"Evan, wanna join us?" Andrew teased.

Evan? Really? "No thank you."

"Do you really not know how to swim?" Daniel asked, laughing.

I didn't reply. It just made them laugh more. "You're such a baby, Par."

"I prefer Evan," I quietly mumbled, sighing. I hated that name. I really did. It was annoying.

"We're here," Ethan said.

"Finally!" Brandon exclaimed, rushing out of the car. "Hey, this place isn't bad."

I was the last one out, and the house was actually bigger than I thought. I went in, and the inside was beautiful. It looked very cozy, and just plain comfortable.

"Boys, go look at your rooms!" Rose told them. "Evanna, you should go too."

I nodded and went to the hallway only to find Ethan and Brandon arguing with Andrew, Alex, and Daniel.

"We should have the biggest room! We have three people!" Andrew shouted.

"No, we're the oldest, we get it," Ethan growled, glaring at them.

"That's not fair, Ethan! Just because you're the oldest doesn't mean you get everything!" Alex yelled.

"I'm gonna give you guys one more fucking chance to leave." Ethan said.

"We should get the bigger room. It's not the end of the world if you don't get the biggest room. Besides, we have more people than you!" Daniel argued.

"We get the bigger room, end of discussion," Brandon stated, leaning against the wall.

"That's not fair!"

"Did I ask?"

I stood there, not wanting to get in the middle of it. Eventually, they gave up, and let Ethan and Brandon get the bigger room-which seemed unfair.

The rest of us got equal size rooms which were smaller than Ethan's. The room I was staying in was at the far end of the hallway. When I walked in, I saw Jayden sprawled out on the bed that was in a corner. He was on his phone, his suitcase on the floor. I decided to take the bed in the opposite corner. I put my bag down and sat on my bed. I went on my phone until Dad called everyone down to eat lunch.

I started walking down, only to be knocked into by Ethan. I was the first one to the stairs, but last one down. I sat next to Jayden because I had no other choice-all the seats were taken. It was obvious he hated it.

"After eating, you guys can go and look around. Just stick together and don't get lost, okay?" Rose said.

"Okay," Ethan mumbled.

Rose glared at him, "Don't lose any of your siblings. Stay together. Don't go far. I'm trusting you."

"Okay, Okay."

"Brandon, you also have to watch them." Dad added. He just groaned but nodded. After eating, we went upstairs for a little while.

"Kids! Come down! Your cousin's here!" Rose shouted. I was in the middle of organizing books, so I was the last person to come down. When I was finished, I went downstairs.

"Everyone's downstairs in the lounge." Dad said.

I went down the stairs, hearing laughter coming from downstairs. When I went in the lounge, everyone turned to look at me.

I stared in shock-frozen.

"W-what is she doing here?" Owen asked, pointing his finger at me.

Fudge.

"I forgot to tell you. She's our stepsister," Jayden said. "You know her?"

"Holy shit," Owen mumbled, also staring at me in shock. "Yeah, we went to the same school."

"Oh, he's our cousin," Jayden told me, a blank look on his face.

Owen's my step cousin? No effing way. Why is everything going wrong in my life?

Owen's shocked face turned into a grin. "Well, I guess we'll be seeing each other more often."

Kill me now.

***

"Teacher's pet," Owen said, making all the boys laugh. We were outside now, and I was trailing behind, listening to them make fun of me.

"Of course..." Jayden mumbled.

"Oh yeah," Owen said, slinging his arm around me, "We're going to the same school now. I moved."

Seriously?

"Can you please not bother me?" I hated that I was begging him, but my life was getting worse each second.

"Scared?" Owen smirked, "I missed having someone to bully. Why'd you leave in the last week of school?"

I pushed his arm off of me and kept walking.

"She killed her mom," Jayden answered.

My head snapped towards him and I stared at him in disbelief. "W-what?"

Jayden shrugged, "You did. She died because of you."

I looked down, trying to fight back my tears.

He has a point. It was your fault.

"Are you crying?" Jayden asked in disbelief and laughed. "You're such a baby."

"The only friend she had was Claire," Owen said, busting out laughing.

"Claire?" Jayden started laughing too, "As in Claire Stevens?"

"H-how do you know her?" I asked.

"She goes to our school," Jayden replied.

A little hope sparked in me. If I'm going to the same school as them, I'll probably meet Claire again!

"Let's head back guys," Ethan said, and we followed him.

"Dinner will be ready in 10!" Rose shouted.

I went upstairs to my room and to my bed. Owen came in, smirking, "Hm, I think I wanna see you in pain."

"Owen, please don't do this." I said. I'm pathetic. I'm weak. I can't do anything against him. If I fight back, it'll make him angrier.

"Do what?" Jayden asked, coming into the room.

"I just wanna have fun with Evanna, isn't that right?" Owen said. "Wanna join?"

"Eh, I have nothing else to do," Jayden shrugged.

"I didn't do anything!" I said, fear creeping up my spine. Jayden closed the door and locked it.

I backed up against the wall as they came closer to me, with grins on their faces. They were heartless and cold. I didn't understand why they would do this. I tried running.

I ran past them and to the door. I fumbled with the doorknob, trying to unlock it. As I was about to open the door, someone grabbed my hair and threw me in the ground.

"That was a stupid move," Owen said, his lips curling into a small smile. He grabbed my hair again and slammed me against a wall. "Jayden, how hard can you punch?"

Jayden grinned, "Let's find out."

He punched my stomach, harder than he had ever before. I doubled up in pain, feeling my breath get knocked out. Almost immediately a punch landed on my face, making me fall into the floor. And then, another punch. Owen lifted my chin and met my eyes. "Please," I whimpered, pain exploding in my body.

Owen just smiled, "I missed hearing you beg for mercy." He slammed my head against the wall, making my vision go dark for a second. "You are really pathetic."

Jayden came over to me and hauled me up by my shirt. He threw me into a wall, and stared at me with his cold eyes.

"You." He hit my head.

"Are." He yanked my hair.

"Nothing." He elbowed my stomach and I fell from exhaustion and pain.

***

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading and supporting me! :)

Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 197 22
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
lost love By mfjazzy

Teen Fiction

4.1K 139 33
Carmella living in London with her abusive step dad thinking life could not get any worse after her mum died the only person she thought every truly...
270K 12.5K 56
Despite years of abuse by a close family member, Maya is starting to learn the meaning of trust and love with the help of her new family. She's made...
1.3M 35.9K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...