My Step-Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 17: Swimming Accident

73.1K 2.1K 746
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

"You guys are going?" I asked, trying to cover up my nervousness.

Dad just told us that Rose and he will go away for the night. "Yeah, just for one day, that's all."

"Do you have to?" I stammered, fidgeting with my hands. My stepbrothers could see right through me.

Ethan smirked, "Have fun, we'll be fine."

I wanted to say something, but he shot me a glare, making sure I kept my mouth shut.

"We'll leave tomorrow morning, so you guys can order pizza or something."

The next day, I was up early, saying goodbye to them.

"If anyone bothers you, give us a call, okay?" Rose said, giving me a warm smile.

"Bye! Love you sweetie!" My dad kissed my forehead. As soon as they left, I wished they never did.

"All day to ourselves, Evie," Ethan said, coming down the stairs with a smirk. "What should we do?"

"Nothing?" I squeaked, wanting to disappear.

"You look like I'm going to beat you up or something," Ethan said.

"Y-you're not?"

"I never said that."

"I-I didn't do a-anything..."

He came closer to me, chuckling. "Do I really scare you that much?"

"N-no..." Wow Evanna, so believable.

He raised his fist and I flinched-hard. He laughed and put me into a headlock. "I'm not gonna hit you, loser." I squirmed, trying to get away from him, but he tightened his grip. It was getting harder for me to breathe each second, and when my vision started to cloud, he let go of me.

***

"Who said you can eat?" Brandon asked, as I looked in the fridge. Closing the fridge I murmured a quick sorry and sat down on a chair, working on my math book.

"I'm bored," Daniel mumbled, switching channels on TV.

"Wanna throw Evanna into the swimming pool?" Ethan asked, grinning.

I looked up, fear clouding over my face. "W-what?"

Brandon grinned evilly, and walked towards me. I hopped off my chair as fast as I can and dashed to the stairs. Before I could even go up one step, Brandon grabbed my arm and yanked me onto the floor. I landed painfully, and Brandon slung me over his shoulder.

"Wait! Brandon please!" I screamed, as everyone else rushed outside, excited to see what would happen. "Brandon please!" I begged.

"What? Can't swim?" Brandon asked.

"Please..." I whimpered.

7 years ago

"Mom! Dad!" I shouted, running to them.

"Don't run, Evie. You're gonna get hurt," Mom chuckled, putting down her magazine.

"Evie, sweetie. Wanna go with me?" Dad asked, and I nodded eagerly. Dad went to the deep end, and I followed him.

"It's deep..." I said, looking down at the clear water. My water ring dropped, and worry overcame me.

Dad jumped in, and the water reached up to his neck. "I'll get it!" He went underwater, and I watched him. Suddenly, I someone knock into me, and I fell into the water.

At first, I went up to the surface, trying to breathe, but the water dragged me down. I kept sinking and sinking, all the shouts becoming muffled. I felt like I was floating, but I couldn't breathe. I could make out a figure jumping into the water and swimming to where I was. My eyes started to close, and the last thing I saw was someone grabbing me.

I woke up, coughing water out of my mouth. A lifeguard was looming over me, staring at me with worry. He gave me a warm smile, "Are you Okay?"

"Evanna!" I heard my mom and dad shout. They rushed over to me and helped me up. Mom was crying, and dad hugged me. "Oh sweetie, I'm glad you're okay."

Mom hugged me too, and said, "Are you okay? Oh honey, I was so worried..."

*

"Brandon please! Let me go!"

"As you wish, princess," Brandon said, and threw me into the 13ft deep pool. I screamed as I hit the freezing water. I tried swimming to the surface, but I couldn't. I was terrified. Fear clenched my heart as I sank deeper. Soon, I couldn't hold my breath any longer. I heard a big splash from the pool and I was dragged to the surface. When I was pulled onto the ground, I took deep, quick breaths, trying to get oxygen flowing again.

I heard laughter from the other side of the pool. Ethan was soaked, so I knew that he was the one who pulled me out. He was laughing along with the others. Daniel was recording, and I felt like crying.

"Loser."

"Baby."

"Scaredy-cat."

I wrapped my arms around me, trying to keep myself warm while going inside. I went to my room, water dripping off of me. I hopped into the shower as fast as I can.

***

"You should have seen your face!" Brandon laughed, taking a slice of pizza. I was forced downstairs after my shower for some reason. I wasn't allowed to eat anyways.

"It wasn't funny!" I said, getting mad now.

"Yes, it was."

I don't know where I got this confidence from, but I didn't think about anything. I slammed Brandon's plate into his face, and the pizza fell onto his face.

"Asshole!" I screamed and ran upstairs. As soon as I locked the door, I realized how much trouble I was in.

"You fucking bitch, open the fucking door!" Brandon yelled from the other side. He started banging on the door, scaring me.

"You just made the biggest fucking mistake of your life!" Brandon yelled once again, and I honestly felt like he was going to kill me.

"I'll break down this fucking door, Evanna."

So, I did what not-normal people's would do. I climbed out of the window. I jumped onto the tree which wasn't that far, and started climbing down. Rose and Dad weren't coming until tomorrow morning and it was only evening. I was too scared to go back home, which just shows how much I'm actually scared of him.

All I could think of was how and he'd beat me up. I didn't have to go home... maybe I could just stay somewhere. I walked for about 10 minutes left to my house, and I found a park. It wasn't big, but it was fine. I could just stay up all night here. I had my phone so... I mean this is way better than staying with the devil himself. There were some kids here so I wasn't alone. Well for a while at least.

I sat on the swing and started pushing myself.

"Hello," a voice said. I turned around to see a girl my age, sitting on the swing next to mine. She had straight blonde hair that was up to her waist. Her eyes were sparkling green, and she had freckles. Her voice was sweet and gentle, but you could hear hints of shyness.

"Hi," I said, giving her a warm smile.

"I'm Summer."

"That's a really nice name," I complimented.

"Thanks, and your name?"

"Evanna."

"That's way nicer than mine! I love your name."

I smiled, "Thanks."

She blushed and looked down, "So, how old are you? I've never seen you around this neighborhood."

"I'm 13-I just moved."

"Oh, that's why. I'm also 13. What school are you going to? Maybe we can see each other."

"I actually don't know. My dad didn't tell me yet."

"I go to Willow Creek Middle School. It's kind of close. If you walk from this park it's like 10 minutes," she said.

"Do you have a sibling? Did you come here by yourself?" I asked.

"No, I'm an only child. I'm actually here because I had a fight with my parents and..." she trailed off, realizing what she said.

I didn't know if this would make her feel better, but I blurted, "I ran away from home."

She looked up, "me too." Her face turned relieved and calm again. "Are you going back tonight?"

"No, I might just stay up. I'll probably be here all night."

"Can I join?"

I grinned, "sure."

I think I made a new friend.

***

Hello everyone! Its Grace. So I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading!

Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.5K 48
The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died giving birth to her. Being neglected and...
7.3K 195 22
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
1M 33.2K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
155K 8.4K 56
❝We are never going to be family.❞ • • • Three half-siblings, living in different situations, with enough hate to kill each other. By some joke of th...