Arranged | P.JM FF

By KookieMonsterForTae

"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
- Final - 41

12

13.7K 544 66
By KookieMonsterForTae

  ↑                                ↑
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

         ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

The dining area was now packed; Couples, families and a few single people occupied almost every table as waiters wandered about, taking orders and transporting food.
What you didn't notice at first glance was a live band playing at the far end of the area. It was a romantic song, fitting for the aura of the time and setting.

  You had changed quickly into something more fitting than your comfy loose t shirt and jeans. You wore a tights and a black dress, lined with velvet at the end of the mini skirt and portion of the collar just beneath a white lace and fishnet flower design that continued down to your half sleeves. A sewn in belt at the waist for decoration tied it all together. The whole outfit with black heels made Jimin stumble on his words when you exited the bathroom.

  Back at the now bustling, chatty dining area, you and Jimin had luckily gotten to a two person round table next to the humongous window at the back end early enough before the herds of people came in.
You were lucky to even get a seat here because everybody wanted to sit here near the windows, displaying an astonishing view of the lit up city down below, and with the evening dark sky, it was perfectly picture worthy.

  The menus were already laid out on every table alongside some silverware and swan napkins at which you smiled at, impressed.
Picking up the gold painted menu, you opened it and scanned your eyes all over the choices they had.
You really couldn't decide on what to get. If you were honest, you were a picky eater, so you didn't want to get anything you wouldn't like or certainly wouldn't finish.

  "So, what are you going to have?" Jimin asked, placing his menu down, probably already done with his order.
"Um.." you dragged the word, pursing your lips, still reading over each dish.
"Op, waiters here" he remarked and your heart rate suddenly picked up the pace.
Out of all in-use tables he had to come to ours right now.

  A waiter arrived, dressed in a black satin waistcoat on top of a white button up shirt. He had a cute black bow tie and held a notepad in his left as a stainless cloth was draped over his right forearm.

  "Good evening. Have you decided on what you would you like?" His pencil hovered over the notepad, looking between the two of you, a polite worker type smile drawn on his face.
"Yeah, I'd like the Hawaiian shrimp truck special with rice please" Jimin said, passing him the menu while you hurriedly looked for something good to order.
"Drink?"
"Sparkling water"

  Jimin was already done with his order, and now the man waited for you.
You bit the corner of your lip, "I'll have what he's having" you glanced to Jimin and back to him.
"Ok" he scribbled some notes down, "your food should arrive soon. There's a buffet over there," he pointed back to the buffet "so feel free to grab a plate and take back some side dishes to your pleasing" He kindly took your menu also and you smiled in return.
"Thanks," Jimin said.
The waiter left, and again the silence induced your table, excluding the murmuring and band in the background.

  You sat, twiddling your thumbs while your fiancé stared around, trying to get familiar to the place. And here came the same dreaded, how do I start a conversation again?
But looked like you didn't have to worry about that anymore since Jimin took the first step.

  "This place is packed"
"Hm" not a very interesting topic.

  "So, you liking it here so far?"
God, is why's he acting like some distant relative you haven't seen for a long time?

"Yeah, I mean, aside the single bed."
"Aw cmon, I don't bite. All the time" he smirked and you felt a blush sear through your cheeks at his comment.
"Mh hmm," you cleared your throat as to just show how nervous you were, "t-the band is really good"
"Yeah. It's a nice song," his head tilted to the side and back, arch of his brow raised as well as a corner of his lip. "Romantic."
"You like romantic songs?" You chuckled, un-expecting of that.

"You question that?"
"Well, I dunno, I would've thought you had a different music taste"
"Like what?"
"Hmm," You hummed, "maybe classical music"
"Classical?" He repeated in an offended tone. You were confused, "you don't like classical music?"
"I mean, if I were 50 years old I would!"
"Hey! It's a fair assumption! I mean you like Shakespeare," you held one hand out, "you could like classical music" you held the other hand out.
"That has no correlation!"
"Yes it does!"
"Ok, I see this dinner is something we not only need for our stomachs, but for finding out things about each other. Because you clearly don't know anything about me"
"Then let's talk about each other" you conceded.
"Hm, Why don't we go grab something from the buffet first? There's gonna be no food left if we don't go now" Jimin proposed, looking at the crowds around the buffet.
You nodded in agreement.

  The food selection was unlimited. From salads, to vegetables to rice - whatever you wanted, it was right here.
Grabbing a clean plate from the pile, you both moved along until you found something you wanted.
Not wanting to fill up too much, you just got a few leaves and vegetables, just barely filling the plate to the edge.

You finally got everything you thought you would want and was heading back to the table when you saw Jimin standing a little away from the buffet as if waiting for someone.
Your eyebrows pushed together.

"What're you doing? Why aren't you back at the table yet?"
You noticed he was holding his filled plate in his hands, so he couldn't want anymore food.

"I was just waiting for you. You know, in case anything happens" he told you slowly, as if not wanting to, eyes wandering the ground. 
You couldn't help but smile. "Who are you taking gentleman lessons from huh?" you joked.
He chuckled nervously while you headed to the table, smirking as Jimin trailed behind you like a lost puppy.

The waiter arrived back at your table, placing down your two orders.
Poor man, having to carry two heavy plates, you thought. Being a waitress yourself, you knew the struggle.
"Thank you" you nodded at him and he gave you a small smile before going to retrieve your drinks.
Shortly before he came back, you took a bite of the food while it was still hot.

"How is it?" Jimin asked you, preparing his knife and fork.
"Mhh" you indirectly replied, stacking your fork with more of the food.
"I take it it's good?" He chuckled at you.
"It's amazing!"
"Your drinks" the waiter placed down two tall glasses and a bottle of cold sparkling water in a metal bucket of ice.
He bowed and left.

"Here" Jimin passed you a glass of sparkling water he had poured for you.
"Thanks" You took a sip, feeling refreshed already.

"So..." you started, swallowing the last of your shrimp bite.
Jimins head shot up.
"You haven't exactly told me any details about this business trip"

He nodded, his cheeks puffy, full of unchewed food and you felt head over heels for how adorable he looked right now.
The chatter had increased, so to hear what Jimin was saying you had to lean in a little.

"So, he's basically he CEO of a radio company and we're going to be discussing how we can come together to benefit the both of our companies"

You nodded, just hearing that.

"The meeting is going to be held in his company building on the second and third day of our stay." He lifted his now empty fork, waving it around while he continued talking, "It'll have to over lap the fourth day as well if need be"

"So, you're gonna be gone for the whole day?" You asked, feeling a tinge of disappointment.

"No, not the whole day. The meetings are just in the morning at around 8 to late afternoon. So we can explore Seoul during the evening. What happened to your grumpy rump not wanting to come here" he laughed.
You clicked your tongue, "I can't be bothered to hold a grudge anymore. Plus, this is an amazing hotel"
He took another bite of his shrimp, nodding.

"So, maybe after this we can do something" You knew there was a gallery, a library and heck even a game centre for the children.

"Like what?"
"Oh, I don't know, explore the hotel?"
"Sorry sweetie, I have to sleep early because of my schedule tomorrow"
Your eyebrow quirked. "Sweetie?"
"You don't like it? How about baby girl?" He smirked.
You scoffed humourlessly. "I think sweetie is better"

He smiled, showing his teeth, and this was the first time you noticed, but he had a cute front crooked tooth that bent the other way slightly.
You admired it, wondering how, even with this tiny flaw, it made him even more perfect.

"Something wrong?" He asked, watching as you stared at him longingly.
You shook your head, snapping yourself out of your daze. "No, no nothing"
He smiled, hiding it by looking down.

  ~ ▌▌~

Because Jimin felt bad that he rejected your offer of going somewhere after dinner, he proposed that you two simply walk around the hotel for another day when you can actually explore the places here.
You saw the casino, the library and even the pool upstairs which was packed with people having a great time, laughing and swimming.

"We should come here sometime" you suggested.
"Can you swim?"
"What are you trying to say?" You looked up at him, a smirk on your face.
"I dunno, it's just that if you almost drown, I can dive in and save you like the hero I am" he whispered.
You chuckled, "Oh so you want me to drown on purpose?"
"Almost drown"
"So, almost die" you emphasised.
He laughed through his nose.

You took a deep breath in and out, feeling relaxed just by the sight.
"I feel like we're going to have an amazing time here" Jimin said, flustering you when his hand stroked your farthest shoulder gently, leaning into you.
Instead of pushing him away, you let him continue to be so close to you, returning the gesture by also leaning into him.

"Oh, they're so cute" you turned around and saw a teenage girl mutter to her mother as they walked past you.
Jimin cleared his throat, taking his hand off your shoulder hastily before you two distanced from each other.

"Ehe, lets say we had back now hm?" He suggested finally, slowly bringing his arm back to himself.
"Yeah, lets go" you scratched your head, turning the other way and walking to the hotel elevator.

~

The dreaded time of day; night.
And night meant sleep. You bit your lip, remembering that you have to sleep with Jimin.

He entered the room in a plain white sleeveless shirt and a black tracksuit with two white stripes running down the sides. You hadn't seen him wear casual clothes, ever until now; and it was like a hidden treasure to you.

You couldn't stop yourself from watching as his muscles tensed and relaxed when he picked up your bag, placing it to the side out of his way as you hadn't really unpacked yet, tired after the days moving in.

You gulped.

"You shouldn't wait up for me. I'm going to be finishing the paperwork assigned to me for a little bit before actually going to sleep" his voice snapped you out of your daze as he went to take a seat at the wooden desk.
"Uh, ok. Yeah sure." He's so hardworking.

Getting yourself comfy in bed, you faced the desk that Jimin was currently at, scribbling onto a paper.
After watching his back for a little, your eyes felt heavy and they closed slowly.

As you were still conscious, you heard when Jimin mutter lowly, "Goodnight, Y/n"
You smiled before replying back, "night Jimin"
He smirked.

                                                             𝟚𝟘𝟞𝟙 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 281 50
"I want... I- stay. I want you to stay," I stuttered the words, admitting them softly. "You come by and then you leave. You don't stay. You don't sta...
12.9K 1.1K 33
When Eloise's father tells her that he has arranged a marriage for her, she is outraged. But then she meets the man she is supposed to marry, and dec...
119K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...
657K 19K 63
We've been friends since we were 17. That's how our friendship starts. He's a married man now. "Where are you?" - he asked on the phone. "Home. Why...