Just a Machine(Connor X OC)

By TalleyBear

In this current generation Androids are the top selling things in the market. They are basically slaves, and... More

0.0*Rewritten*
0.1
0.2
Character Description(s)
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
1.4
*Important Question*
1.5
1.6
1.8*Explicit Content*
1.9
2.0
2.1
Suggestions.. please?
2.2
2.3
Important Note(I'm sorry)
Author's Note

1.7

76 3 0
By TalleyBear

*I was wondering what you guys would think if I wrote smut into this story..?*

*Slight mentions of self harm in this chapter.*

Chapter Seventeen; Elijah Kamski:

Beth leaned against her couch, her eyes staring at the TV. She was watching an old movie, that her father had given her, along with an actual VCR.

It was the movie Mary Poppins, and was very entertaining. Beth was entranced with the movie, lost in the glory and beauty of the movie.

A frantic knock at the door interrupted her focus on the film. She groaned, wanting to ignore it, but as more knocks sounded, she sighed."Coming..!"

She paused the movie, before feeling compelled to be annoyed with whoever had interrupted. Reluctantly getting up, she walked over, unlocking and opening the door.

The person at the door made her freeze.. it was Liliana. Her dark brown curly long hair, tied into a ponytail, keeping her hair out of her face. She looked just as frantic, as her knocking implied, as she hurriedly came into the house.

"Liliana.. what the hell are you doing here..?"Concern flittered in Beth's voice, shutting and locking the door. The Android sat on the couch, shaking a little, as she looked up at Beth.

"Did you save Simon..?"

Beth was taken back by the question,"Who..? Wait..! The Android on the roof.. yeah, I wanted to help him..."

Liliana stared at her, and if her LED was still there, it'd be blinking yellow."Why..?"Beth stared into the Android's eyes, still trying to comprehend the whole situation.

"I don't know..."

"Don't lie to me, Beth.. I know when you lie."It was true. Liliana could tell when Beth was lying, not just because she's​ an Android, just because she knows Beth, more than she knew herself.

"I.. I saw you with them... I figured if you were with them, they couldn't be that bad..."Liliana nodded before getting up. She walked over to Beth, looking down at the shorter girl, with kind eyes.

"They aren't.. except for North... But she has her reasons for hating humans so much..."

"I don't really blame her.. humans are assholes."Liliana snorted at that."I.. Lili..?"Beth used her older nickname for the Android.

"What..?"

"I'm sorry..."Liliana stared at her confused, before Beth elaborated on what she meant.

"For.. shutting you out... It was really selfish of me.. blaming something, that was my.. fault, on beings that are mostly polite and nice to people..."

"It's okay."Liliana's voice was soft, her eyes shining with emotion."No.. it's not. I hurt you.. I don't deserve any forgiveness.. especially from you.. you've helped me too much, to have to forgive me--"

Liliana wrapping her arms around Beth, quickly shut the petite girl up. Beth's​ words caught in her throat, and she, after staying frozen for a couple seconds, hugged the Android back.

"I know you miss him..."Liliana whispered,"I miss him too."Beth knew who she was talking about right away, and felt an array of sadness and grief wash over her.

"It was my fault..."Beth could feel her eyes start to well up."No it wasn't."Liliana stated, looking down at the shivering blond in her arms.

"..."

"No one is to blame.. except that damn drunk driver."Beth's​ tears slipped down her face, before she hugged the Android tighter.

"I know.. but if I hadn't--"Liliana shushed her gently, moving over to the couch, Beth still clung tightly to her."It wasn't your fault, Beth... It was an accident.. accidents happen every day."

"Why..?"Beth was still crying, her emotions overwhelming her. Liliana felt artificial tears form in her eyes, making her shake her head.

"Beth.. let me see your wrists..."Liliana pulled away from Beth's shivering form. A sense of dread filled Liliana as she realized something.. something that would break her mechanical heart if it was true.

"Why?"Beth looked up, noticing the look in Liliana's eyes. She looked sad, and upset, and Beth felt more tears slip down her face, as she realized what Liliana was thinking.

"Beth."The petite blond nodded hesitantly before moving back, and pulled off the bracelet that normally lied on her left wrist.

It revealed a few self inflicted scarred cuts, that were probably a couple years old. Liliana's heart broke at the sight of her friend's wrist, feeling sadness wash over her.

"Why, Beth..?"Her voice was soft, as she gently grabbed Beth's left hand, to inspect the marks. Said girl, looked down, staying silent.

"Why, Beth.. would you do this to yourself..?"Liliana questioned, lightly touching one of the scars with her fingers, making Beth shiver at her touch.

"I.. I couldn't handle it.. after Cole.. died... I did it.. but I regretted it afterwards... I felt selfish..."

Liliana looked up at Beth's tear streaked face."Why did you feel.. selfish?"The Android watched Beth's behavior and reactions carefully.

"Because.. I even thought about.. leaving dad alone.. I knew he was hurting to.. and yet I was selfish.. and tried to leave him..."Beth wiped away her tears, looking up at Liliana, who was now crying too.

"You weren't being selfish."Beth sighed as she felt Liliana's hands move to rest on her cheeks. Liliana moved her thumbs to wipe away the remaining tears.

Beth nodded moving back to hug Liliana once again, wrapping her arms tightly around the Android. Liliana smiled, hugging the smaller girl back.

"Beth.. I want to stay longer.. but I have to go.. it was risky enough just staying for a few minutes..."Beth gave a sad sigh, as Liliana pulled away, speaking in a gentle tone.

"Okay..."Beth whispered in response.

"I.. I want you to come back with me."Liliana spoke, making Beth's head snap up."Lili.. I can't.. Not that I don't want to.. but it's too risky.. plus, I doubt the Androids would appreciate you bringing a human to them..."

"I guess.. but still, I wish you could come with me."Liliana said starting to walk towards the door."Maybe I will.. one day."Beth said lightly, Liliana smiled over her shoulder.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Beth pulled up the residence of Elijah Kamski, to the right side of her father's car. She spotted Connor in the passenger seat, while her father was pacing back and force outside the car, on the phone.

Seeming to hear the roar of her motorcycle's engine, both looked up. Connor met her eyes, as she took off her helmet and put it in the compartment.

Beth offered him a smile, making him give a not very robotic smile in return. Connor glanced back at the Lieutenant, who was still talking on the phone.

Connor got out of the car, shutting it behind him, while Hank finally got off of the phone, looking apprehensive."Is everything okay, Lieutenant..?"

Beth walked up to Connor's side, looking up at her father as he answered."Chris was on patrol last night.. he got attacked by bunch of Deviants.. said he was saved by Markus himself."

"Is Chris, alright..?"Beth asked glancing at Connor, trying to figure out his expression.

"Yeah.. he's in shock, but he'll be alright... What the hell..?"Hank answered, muttering the last part to himself.

Beth stared at him for a second, realizing how much her father's view point, and her own, had changed on Androids these past few days.

"I have a bad feeling about this, Lieutenant..."Connor spoke, sparing a glance at Beth as he felt her stare on him."A bad feeling, huh..? You sure that ain't a glitch, Connor..? You might wanna get that fixed."

"Dad..."Beth didn't bother continuing her critique of her father's behavior, as they arrived at the entrance.

Hank rang the doorbell, and there was no answer. Hank sighed, about to ring the doorbell again, but the door finally opened. It was a female Android, with blond hair and blue eyes, and was one of the older Android models.

"Uh..."Hank stared awkwardly at the Android, for a second making Beth roll her eyes."I'm Lieutenant Anderson, this is my daughter, Beth.. and this is Connor."

"We're here to talk Elijah Kamski.. we just need to ask him a few questions." Beth took over, smiling politely at the Android.

"Please, come in."The Android gave a smile back, opening the door to them."Okay..."

"Take a seat.. I'll inform Elijah, of your presence."

The Android walked away, Hank almost immediately complying with the Android's request.

"Seems Androids haven't been a bad thing for everybody. Nice girl..."Hank spoke softly, to Connor.

"Yeah, she was..."Connor responded, surprising Beth as he referred to the Android as a she, when before he would refer to them as its.

Connor was looking at something before he spoke again."Amanda..?"Beth heard, walking over to him, and glancing up at the taller Android.

"Who's.. Amanda..?"

"The name.. of that woman."Connor pointed towards the picture of a dark skinned woman. Beth nodded, not believing him fully.

Hank didn't seem to hear, or he ignored it, and spoke again."You're about to meet your maker Connor. How do you feel..?"Connor's LED flashed yellow.

"Elijah Kamski, developed the first Android.. it it will be interesting to meet him..."Connor answered still inspecting the room they were in.

"I wish I could meet my maker face to face.. I'd have a couple of things I'd wanna tell him."Beth snorted, shaking her head."Me too..."Connor glanced down at her as she spoke.

He looked like he was about to speak, when the Android who greeted them came back out."I've informed Elijah of your presence. Please, this way."

The Android left them into another room, with a pool in it. A man was swimming in it, and to be honest, Beth thought the water looked a little too red.. she hoped it was just the lighting.

"Elijah Kamski..?"

"I'll be with you in a moment..!"Kamski responded, still swimming. Beth sighed glancing at the other Androids in the pool. They were the same model as the one who opened the door.

"Beth, are you alright..?"She glanced up at Connor as he spoke to her, his brown eyes flurrying with concern. Beth hadn't even realized she had spaced out, until he spoke.

"Yeah.. I'm fine."He didn't look to believe her, but nodded.

Elijah finally got out of the pool, an Android bringing his robe to him. As he got it on, Hank addressed him slowly.

"Mr.Kamski..? I'm Lieutenant Anderson, this is my daughter Beth, and our partner Connor."

"Ah.. what can I do for you Lieutenant..?"

"We'd just like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind..?" Beth answered, making the man look at her, which made her tense up.

His gaze was creepy, raking over her small body with no hint of shame. Connor, noticing her discomfort, stepped closer to her, where he was practically in front of her, blocking Kamski's view of her.

Kamski smirked as he took in what the Android had just done. Her father looked angry, barely able to contain it, as he watched Kamski smirk.

"I'd appreciate it if you stopped staring at my daughter, and just answer our questions."Hank's tone was firm, and held no room for bullshit in it.

"Of course.. what would you like to ask..?"

"We're investigating Deviants.. I know you left Cyberlife years ago but, I was hoping you'd be able to tell us something we don't know..."

"Deviants..."Kamski started, "Fascinating, aren't they..?"

Beth moved around Connor, so she could see Kamski while he spoke.
"Perfect beings with infinite intelligence, and now they have free will..."

He was still watching Connor's protectiveness​ of Beth, noticing how the detective Android, intentionally tried to keep the young detective out of his view.

"Machines are so superior to us, confrontation was inevitable..." Beth narrowed her eyes at him, glaring intensely, as he looked at Connor.

"Humanity's greatest achievement threatens to be it's downfall. Isn't it ironic..?"Kamski spoke, very cryptically.

"If a war breaks out between humans and Deviants, millions could die, Mr. Kamski."Connor spoke up, having been silent."It's quite a serious matter."

"All ideas are viruses that spread like epidemics... Is the desire to be free a contagious disease..?"Kamski asked.

"Listen, I didn't come here to talk philosophy. The machines you created, may be planning a revolution."Hank spoke, annoyance evident.

"Either you can tell us something that'll be helpful, or we will be on our way." Beth said, grimacing as Kamski's gaze returned to her.

Connor glared at Kamski, making the former CEO smirk again. The petite blond glanced up at Connor, noticing the glare planted on his face.

He looked down at her, noticing the look in her eyes, and seemed to calm down a little, the glare softening.

Kamski smirked again, not failing to notice the interaction."What about you, Connor..? Who's side are you on?"

"I have no side..."Beth watched Connor's face, realizing that the Android was basically lying through his teeth.

Kamski gave a short laugh."Well, that's what you're programmed to say... You think I didn't notice your interactions with.. Beth, since you got here...--"

"--So, you.. what do you really want..?" Kamski's tone darkened.

Connor's LED flickered yellow."What I want.. is not important..." Beth touched Connor's arm lightly, trying to calm him, while she simultaneously gave another glare towards Kamski.

"Chloe?"Kamski addressed the Android that had let them in. She walked over, her face blank, her eyes staring forward, seeming to almost blindly follow orders.

"I'm sure you're familiar with the Turing test. Mere formality, simple question of algorithms and computing capacity."Kamski positioned Chloe to stand in front of them, her arms by her sides.

"What interests me.. is whether machines are capable of empathy." Kamski started.

"I call it "the Kamski test", it's very simple, you'll see..." He spoke, before looking towards Chloe."Magnificent, isn't it..?"

Beth felt creeped out, even as his gaze was now directed towards Chloe, who seemed to have no reaction. "One of the first intelligent models developed by Cyberlife."

"Young and.. beautiful forever. A flower that will never wither..."Kamski turned Chloe's head towards his, the Android just staring blankly, not protesting at all.

Even though Chloe didn't actively show it, there was a hidden look in her eyes. It showed she was disturbed by his touch, but her programming would not allow her to object.

"... But what is it really..?"He let go of Chloe. "Piece of plastic imitating a human?"Kamski turned to a drawer behind him, speaking again.

"Or a living being..."

They watched the man warily as he opened the drawer to grab something out of it. "With a soul..." It was clear what it was as he grabbed it, and turned around with a gun.

Kamski gripped the gun in one hand, while he placed the other onto Chloe's shoulder. Chloe was pushed onto her knees before them, not even attempting to run.

"It's up to you to answer that fascinating question, Connor." Kamski moved to the RK800's side, putting the gun into his hand."Hey..!"Beth yelled out, putting her hand on her gun, but Kamski ignored her.

Hank pulled Beth towards him, away from Kamski, shaking his head at her.

Kamski moved Connor's hand, that way the gun was pointed at Chloe's head.

"Destroy this machine and I'll tell you all I know... Or spare it.. if you feel it's alive.. but you'll leave here without having learnt anything from me."

"Connor, don't..!"Beth called to him, but the Android seemed to be in a trance."Okay, I think we're done here. Come on, Connor. Let's go. Sorry we got you outta your pool."

"What's more important to you, Connor..?" Kamski asked,"Your investigation, or the life of this of this Android..?"

Connor stared down at Chloe, looking into her eyes. She stared back, blankly, like an obedient machine. Her eyes showed a hint of fear, but besides that, she didn't seem to have any reaction.

"Decide who you are. An obedient machine... Or a living being, endowed.. with free will..."Beth wanted to step in, but Hank held her back.

"That's enough! Connor, we're leaving." Hank said, trying to prevent the situation from going any further.

"Pull the trigger.--"

"Connor..! Don't..."Hank spoke, trying to reason with Connor. The Android was motionless, still staring down at Chloe.

"--And I'll tell you what you want to know."Kamski spoke, waiting for Connor's decision.

"Connor, please..."Beth spoke up walking towards the Android. Luckily before she could put herself in the line of fire, Connor let out a shaky breath, moving the gun away from Chloe's head.

He moved the gun, to where Kamski could grab it. The former CEO reached out to accept it before speaking. "Fascinating... Cyberlife's last chance to save humanity.. is itself a deviant..."

"I'm.. I'm not..."Connor didn't even want to say the word Deviant. He couldn't bring himself to say it.. because he knew it was true...

"You preferred to spare a machine rather than accomplish your mission..." Kamski helped Chloe off of the ground.

"You saw a living being in this Android.. you showed empathy."

Kamski touched Chloe's shoulder, and in response she walked away from them. They watched Kamski closely, Beth now back at Connor's side.

His LED was flashing bright red, so she reached out to grip his hand in her own. He looked down at her, but didn't move his hand, rather he squeezed her hand gently.

Kamski ignored the interaction between them this time."A war is coming.. you'll have to choose your side."

Kamski looked Connor in the eye."Will you betray your own people or stand up against your creators?"Connor's grip tightened."What could be worse than having to choose between two evils?"

"Let's get outta here..."Hank interrupted, pulling Connor's shoulder. They all started walking away, Beth and Hank, giving one last glare towards Kamski.

"By the way!"Connor stopped at the door."I always leave an emergency exit in my programs.. you never know..."

Beth gripped his hand harder pulling the Android behind her and out of the building."Why didn't you shoot..?" Hank asked when they were finally out of the building.

"I.. I just saw those girl's eyes.. and I couldn't... That's all."Connor answered, turning around, an letting go of Beth's hand.

"You're always saying you'd do anything to accomplish your mission.. that was our chance to learn something, and you let it go."

"Yeah, I know what I should of done..! I'm sorry.. okay.?!"Hank seemed to think for a moment, before speaking.

"Well.. maybe you did the right thing."

Hank smiled, before walking away. Connor stared at where Hank was, before he felt Beth grab his hand again.

"Beth..!"Hank called out, turning back around."Yes..?" Beth looked at her dad, waiting.

"Fowler, said we should both go home and rest, and come back tomorrow."

"Alright... You coming with Dad or me, Connor..?"The Android looked down at her."I'll go with.. you."

Beth smiled pulling him by his hand, all the way to her motorcycle. Hank watched amused, before speaking up."Don't have too much fun..!"

She playfully stuck her tongue out at him, unlocking the compartment to get to the helmets. Grabbing one, and handing the other to Connor, she put the helmet on.

Her father pulled out ahead of them, driving off after smiling at them through the window. After they both got on, Beth revved the engine, before following along.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

*Sorry for taking so long*

*There will be a time gap of about a week in this story, but I'll try to explain what happened inbetween this chapter and the next one.*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 56.2K 105
"Miss (L/n), you and Anderson have been assigned with an android from Cyberlife for these cases." "Really? Well...alright. When will he or she arrive...
28.5K 813 14
"My name is Connor. I am the android sent by CyberLife" Connor is a prototype android sent by the foundation CyberLife. He has one mission and one mi...
4.6K 139 11
Detective (y/n) (l/n) was recently assigned to investigate deviant cases with lieutenant Anderson. But things get interesting when an android, sent b...
4.6K 222 7
Set in an AU where Cole never dies from the accident and lives a happy, quiet life with his dad, Hank Anderson. Connor is the android sent by Cyberli...