The Disguised Billionaire

By EnjoyLiveLove

When your parents tell you that you have to move halfway across the world for reasons they can't seem to tell... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Meeting Them In Gloria Jean's
Chapter 2: Hanging Out
Chapter 3: Followed
Chapter 4: The Blaming Game
Chapter 5: The News
Chapter 6: I Officially Hate Chase Mitchell Peterson's Guts
Chapter 7: Halifax, Here We Come!
Chapter 8: Our Arrival In Halifax, Canada
Chapter 9: Twin Brother Say What?
Chapter 10: The First Day Of School
Chapter 11: I'm Dead
Chapter 12: Accepting Her and Horrible Introductions
Chapter 13: He's There For Me
Chapter 14: Revelations
Chapter 15: My Favorite Habbit: Lying
Chapter 16: A Sisterly and Brotherly Moment
Chapter 17: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 1
Chapter 18: A Day With Chase Peterson - Part 2
Chapter 19: Fake Dating?
Chapter 20: The Confirmation
Chapter 21: Closure? Uh... I Guess?
Chapter 22: The New Students
Chapter 23: Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 24: This Kiss
Chapter 25: And The Plot Thickens
Chapter 26: House Hunting
Chapter 27: Never Have I Ever
Chapter 28: Hangover
Chapter 29: The Truth - Part 1
Chapter 30: The Truth - Part 2
Chapter 31: The Heartbreak
Chapter 32: Okay, What?
Chapter 34: The Meeting
Chapter 35: Feelings
Change of Plans
To Make or Not To Make?
Sequel
Other Novels

Chapter 33: Bright Colors

10.9K 351 25
By EnjoyLiveLove

His shocking words made my incapability to speak wake up to life. It was completely unexpected, to be fully honest. It was just like, poof! Surprise! Like, what?

And look at him! How can he keep a straight face after he told me what he said? Can't he be, I don't know, more like me? Nervous, panicked, fidgety? Ugh, why does he have to be so freaking perfect?

Please tell me how this beautiful guy in front of me possibly have feelings for me.

I just continued staring at him, and that's when I noticed that he's a bit uncomfortable already. I mean, I'm literally just staring at him without saying anything and he's staring back at me with a gleam of hope in his eyes. Okay, woah.

"Well," he started. "say something. You're killing me in suspense here."

I snapped out of whatever reverie I was in and stared somewhat doubtfully at him. "I'm the girl you like?" I laughed in mere amusement. "Now that's a great joke."

He frowned at me. "Yeah, is it really that hard to believe? And no—it's not a joke."

"Wait, no?" He nodded his head. "So it's not a joke?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly.

How can that be possible? I mean, seriously, how?

He just chuckled and pulled me closer to him, trapping me in his tight and nice embrace. "I like you, Amber. You and only you." He whispered, his words making me shiver slightly—in a good way. It held a silent and solemn promise, making it even more special. I can't even explain what I'm feeling right now except for being totally overwhelmed.

He pulled away, but kept me close in front of him. "Even if you don't reciprocate the feelings, you're still the only girl I'll ever like—or love, depends on how everything goes by."

I still said nothing. Frozen like a wood. My mouth is running dry and a lump started to form in throat. I am still rendered speechless. Everything feels like a dream. It's seriously so surreal, and this is the one thing I never expected coming my way.

"I think you won't be saying anything quite awhile, so I guess I'll keep talking." He heaved in a big breath and release it loudly afterwards. "Amber, I know I probably sound stupid right now, and it's not a secret that I'm already making a fool out of myself, but I really want you to know that I like you. So damn much. I absolutely don't know if you feel the same way because you still haven't said anything, but I'm seriously nervous as hell. I can't promise you that I'll be the best guy ever, but I can promise you that I'll be the best guy who'll be by your side whenever you need me. I know that everything I'm saying is so cheesy, but—"

"Chase?"

He stopped talking and just looked at me questioningly. "Yeah?"

"Shut up."

I pulled him closer and kissed him. He seemed shocked at first, but he kissed me back after awhile. He pulled me even closer, not leaving even a single space between us. I snaked my arms around his neck and played at the nape of his hair. The kiss seemed so passionate, so real, so. . . dream-like. It held so much emotion and he really kissed me like he really means it. If he wasn't holding me right now, I'm pretty sure I'd be falling because of how much my legs feel like jell-o. My heart is even thumping violently in my chest, and I feel like there's a massive butterflies occupying my stomach.

He pulled away first, but he rested his forehead against mine. He gave me a heart melting smile and I smiled back with the same enthusiasm. "I like you too." I said and pecked him on the lips once more.

His smile widened and pulled me in for a tight and bone crushing hug. "You just made me the happiest and the luckiest bastard on Earth." He whispered on my ear, then he kissed my forehead afterwards.

I chuckled and pushed him to the side playfully. "Shut up." I said and he grinned at me.

"Not quite happening, really. Because whenever I'm with you, I just can't seem to stop talking." He winked at me and I laughed.

"Uh-huh, okay." I replied and it was his turn to laugh.

"Come on, I want to show you something." He said as he dragged me further down the shore. We reached a cabin like on the furthest side of the beach with lights everywhere and lanterns lined up on each side, forming a pathway.

"Wow." I said. "This is amazing, Chase."

He grinned and his eyes lit up brightly like the lights surrounding the place. "Really?" He asked with a hopeful expression.

I laughed softly. "Yes, really."

"Well, I'm glad that you think it is." He replied quietly with a trace of smile on his lips.

Seriously, I can't believe he exerted this much effort for just one confession that might be the sole reason for his happiness, or his sadness. Is he really willing to risk everything—even his feelings—for that one girl that might not even be worth it in the end? He said that he'll take every chance he can get, but will he really? I mean, judging by all the things he's done, I think he definitely will.

Walking behind me, he whispered, "Let's go inside."

He guided me through the pathway he made, and slowly opened the door when we reached in front of it. He stepped aside and gestured inside using his left hand. I peeked inside and a small trace of light illuminated around the room, making it fairly dim inside. I turned to look at him and he gave me a genuine smile.

I haven't seen that smile for a long time.

I walked inside slowly and the small trace of light turned bright, making everything in the room visible. There are heartstrings hanging on the ceiling, and a lot of heart shaped designs surrounded the room. A slow smile reached my lips and I looked around in wonder.

"Chase. . ." I trailed off, not knowing what to say anymore. He just keeps rendering me speechless.

He gave me a grin. "No need to say anything. Come."

He made me follow him further down the room, until we reached the end of it and I saw a bunch of picture of us formed in what looked like a face of us both.

"You did this?" I asked and he nodded his head enthusiastically.

Woah, really? I'm pretty sure it took him awhile to make this. I mean, look at it! This is amazing! Beyond amazing, in fact.

I walked closer to it and ran my fingers through the photos. My eyes skimmed each and every one, until I landed on one certain photo that empowered my interest. A smile formed on my lips as I watched it intently.

It was when we were having a play on school and Paige took a picture of us on stage. I was Juliet during that time, while Chase? Yeah, his role was a tree. It was hilarious, seriously. I mean, it's not everyday you get to see Mr. Hot Shot get a tree as a role on a play.

I laughed. "I seriously can't forget this day. What a fun day it was."

He scowled, but you can still see the humor radiate in his eyes. "Shut up."

"Your role was a tree, oh my gosh!" I laughed again.

"Yes, but a sexy tree." He winked at me and I burst out laughing some more.

"Whatever, think what you want think." I replied and returned my attention to the photos in front of me.

"Come, I want to show you something else." He said as he dragged me out of the cabin and towards the shore.

We just stood there, staring at the dark night sky in front of us. The stars twinkled at the sky and the moon is shining brightly in front of us.

"What are we looking at, really?" I asked and he grinned at me.

"Wait for it." He replied.

After a while, bright colors surrounded the peaceful, night sky. It glowed and glowed and it didn't stop popping in the sky.

"This is amazing, seriously." I said and he chuckled.

"There's more." He said softly.

It stopped all of a sudden, but after awhile, a bunch of it appeared on the sky again. But this time, I was surprised on what was with it.

Because on bright, colorful colors wrote on the sky:

'Amber Lee, will you make me the happiest man alive and be my girlfriend?'

***

Heeyyy, I'm so sorry it took awhile for me to update, I was just so busy with school. It's such an ass, seriously. So yeah, that's it.

And oh, this book is also like, really close to its end. There's only two more chapters left plus an epilogue, and TDB is officially over. Omg, I'm not ready to say goodbye to Chase and Amber yet :(

Anyway, I love you guys! <3

Lots of love,

Lu xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1M 320K 62
Kayla Andrews was living a simple life even as the daughter of one of the richest men in the society, she still tried her best not to dwell under her...
2.4K 416 36
when emma goes to her uncle's place to live with him until her high school gets over she thought she could live a life without any fear and nobody t...
BEHIND THEIR MIEN By

Mystery / Thriller

92 26 20
Life takes unexpected turn when a common nurse Natalie and a billionaire Nathan find their paths crossed in unexpected mystery that is set to destroy...
1.3M 41.2K 30
Highest Ranking in Romance ~ #31 (Tuesday 16th May 2017) COMPLETED I was trying to run away from my past, instead I got caught by him. Amber Grey is...