My Step-Brothers

gracegxlee tarafından

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... Daha Fazla

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 12: Birthday

77.6K 2.1K 1.5K
gracegxlee tarafından

E V A N N A

"No!" I heard Jayden growl. "I'm not celebrating with her!"

I was trying to focus on my book, but I got distracted by my mom's picture. I missed her so much. I can't believe I have a stepmom. I felt so mad at myself. 

"If she's going to celebrate her birthday with me, I'm not going to the party!" Jayden yelled and I heard footsteps and the slam of a door.

"Jayden Ryder Smith do you want to be grounded on your birthday?!" Rose shouted.

"I'm already grounded! What's the fucking point?!"

"Jayden! Watch your language!" Rose shouted again, but I heard Dad trying to calm her down.

My birthday's going great so far...

After a while, I came downstairs and stared at the beautifully decorated living room. It had a Happy Birthday hanging on the walls, and on the table was a beautiful cake. I smiled as I walked over to Rose. "This is awesome."

Rose grinned, "we always do this for birthdays." I frowned, remembering what Jayden had said. "Don't worry about him," she said, reading my mind, "he'll get over it. He just has to get used to everything."

I nodded, and went upstairs, only to be slammed in the hallway wall. Jayden pressed his forearm onto my throat, making it difficult to breathe. His icy glare intimidated me, making me want to shrink in fear. "Listen, bitch," he sneered, "this is my birthday, not yours." He was 5'5, and I was only 5'2. He was taller, and stronger.

"Y-you're overreacting," I managed, each second making it harder and harder to breathe, "it's just a birthday."

That only fueled his anger. The pressure of his arm was so hard, it started to hurt. "Don't do anything you'll regret."

He removed his arm and walked back into his room, leaving me trying to catch my breath, trembling. I felt weak and pathetic. I couldn't defend myself.

***

I was finally turning a teen. I felt happy, until everything crashed down again. My mom, I missed her so much. I fidgeted with the bracelet she got me, tears in my eyes. I hated my life so much right now. Everything was a mess. I was stuck in a empty hole, with nothing but darkness. I was trapped in what felt like a nightmare that would last forever.

But stories have happy endings, right?

Sadly, not all of them...

Since everything was going so wrong, my depression hit me harder. It was like the days after my mom's death. I hated myself. I hated my life. Depression told me, hey, it would be the perfect time to hate everything about you, huh?

When I looked at myself in the mirror, I could point out everything I hated about myself. I felt ugly, and fat. I wished one day, I would be like every normal person, and wake up to see someone that I actually liked.

One tear escaped from my eyes, followed by another. At that moment, I didn't know why, but I hated myself.

"Evanna! Come down! Let's celebrate!" Dad shouted. I wiped my tears and washed my face, hoping it wouldn't be obvious that I cried. I went downstairs, a fake smile plastered onto my face.

All the boys were there too. Jayden had a smile on his face, but he rolled his eyes when he saw me. His smile turned into a strained and forced one, and I sat down next to him on the floor. Everyone else was on the couch, and our parents were off to the side, videotaping us.

They turned the lights off, and started singing happy birthday. It was my first birthday without my mom. She always used to stay home from work on that special day, and spend the whole day together.

"Happy Birthday dear Jayden and Evanna..." I felt Jayden tense at my name. I knew he was angry.  We blew out the cake, and our parents had huge grins. "Aw, my little boy is a teen now!"

Rose hugged Jayden as he rolled his eyes jokingly. "Congrats buddy!" Dad added.

"He's not a baby anymore!" Ethan joked, causing his brothers to laugh. Jayden turned red and glared at them. My dad hugged me and kissed my forehead.

"My little girl's growing up. I love you."

"I love you too, dad."

Rose also came and hugged me. "I got you a present!"

"Y-you didn't have to..."

Rose chuckled, "you're part of our family now!"

We started opening our presents. I had two, and Jayden had 3. Jayden opened his first. From my dad, he got a new watch. "Thanks!"

He opened Rose's, and it was a shirt. "Really Mom?" There was humor in his voice, though. "I love it."

Rose smiled, "I'm sorry. I could have gotten you a better one but I spent all my money..."

"On what?" Jayden asked.

"Evanna's welcome and birthday present."

"Oh," Jayden mumbled, avoiding my gaze.

Jayden started opening his presents that was from his brothers. He unwrapped the wrapping paper, and opened a box to see nothing. His face fell as he picked up a paper. "Have this box:)"

Jayden snapped his head up to his brothers who were laughing. Rose and Dad were trying not to laugh either. I covered my mouth with my hand, but few giggles escaped.

"Open yours!" Dad said.

I smiled and opened my present from my dad. It was Zombie King, the sequel to Zombie War. I grinned and hugged him. I've wanted this game since I was 11.

"She plays video games?" I heard Daniel mumble.

When I opened Rose's gift, it was a Kilsnan Laptop, and my eyes widened. These were like $10,000. My mouth hung open, speechless. So were the boys. I could feel them staring at my laptop.

"T-thank you," I stuttered, smiling.

"Wow, my gift seems like nothing compared to that...." my dad chuckled, and I said, "I love your gift too."

I hugged Rose and thanked her again. I ate a slice of cake, and brought my gifts upstairs. I was checking out my laptop, when Jayden came into my room.

"Give it," he sneered.

"W-what?" I stammered.

"Give the laptop to me. It's mine."

"No it's not."

Jayden rolled his eyes, and he walked closer to me. "My mom gave it. It's my birthday. She spent more on a stranger's gift than her own son. It's mine."

"No!"

Anger flared inside his eyes. "You're going to regret shouting at me."

He threw me off my chair and onto the floor. He pinned both of my hands on the ground with his, and put a knee on my stomach. "It's mine. You ruined my life. Everything you get is mine. Don't talk back. Don't fight. Got it?"

He put more weight into his knee making my stomach flare in pain. There was no way I could escape. I could have shouted, or tried to fight, but I couldn't. I was scared. "Y-yeah..."

Jayden smirked, satisfied. He got off me, and walked to the door, grabbing my laptop in the process.  "I'm going to make your life a living hell."

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

7.3K 195 22
Since forever it's always just been 13 year old Amelie and her Mum. They may not have been rich in money but they were rich in happiness and they wer...
172K 4.3K 55
brothers. (2021) Fourth Edition (2023) After 12 years of being in foster care, Diana Watson has had enough of the failing system. She is moved into h...
1M 33.2K 73
Here's a bombshell for you: I have eight brothers. Eight extremely attractive, smart, mischievous, crazy overprotective brothers. Well, step brothers...
262K 5.7K 46
Valerie Johnson, a 13 year old girl struggling with mental health. Her mother, Madison Johnson. Does not believe in mental health, her mother is very...