Tainted Souls {Damon Salvator...

By hogwartsmylife

Lyanna Gilbert, cousin of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, moves in with Aunt Jenna along with Elena and Jermey. Sta... More

Cast+Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Finale
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Finale
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-Finale

Chapter 38

1.9K 35 4
By hogwartsmylife

38| Ghost World

I woke up and heard chattering coming from downstairs. Jermey and Alaric was supposed to be doing something about the historic today with Elena as for me, I wanted to see Damon.

Pulling my hair into a messy bun and I grabbed my leather jacket and car keys. Taking my phone and rushing out of the house, not to even say good morning to anyone.

Once I arrived I knocked on the door but no one answered, then I opened the door and I saw Damon getting burned, oh my god! I ran over to the curtains and closed them, causing Damon's flesh to stop burning. He was chained and I tried to help him out of it.

"Where's your daylight ring Damon?" Damon looks at me and points to upstairs and I ran up his room and grabbed his ring and ran back down as fast as I could. I gave it to him and Damon places it on his hand and sighs,"What the hell was that?! Are you that desperate to end your life?! Do you know you could've killed yourself?!" I shoved Damon at every question.

"I didn't do this Lyla! Someone did this to me and tied me!" I sighted and sat on the couches.

"Well who would do this? Stefan must've done it as a game or something." Damon shakes his head and makes himself a cup of bourbon.

"I already asked him, he didn't do this." He takes a drink from the cup and sits across from me,"How come you didn't tell me you were planning on resurrecting your sister?" Crap.....

"Just didn't seem like it was your business Damon. It was mine. You don't have to know everything of my life." Damon sighs and looks st me.

"Now that you're in my life-" I cut him off and stood up.

"In your life?! Damon, we're just friends! When will that get into your thick dead skull, that we're just friends?! I need to leave....this is not healthy for us or me. I need to be normal and this isn't normal."

"Lyanna...."

I shake my head and left the Salvatore House. I caught up with Jermey, Alaric, and Elena at The Grill. We sat outside and Elena was trying to get everything wrapped around her head or at least trying to save Stefan.

"Do you think it's even possible to contact Lexi?"

"I don't know. I didn't have an emotional connection with her. I never even met her."

"Can we just drop it, please?"

"No, I can't drop it, Ric. I don't know what else to do."

"Don't you think we have a few too many dead vampires in our past to be sitting here thinking of them watching us?" Jeremy looks at the empty chair as me, Alaric, and Elena can see it's an empty chair.

"Is Anna here right now?"

"No, no. I'm going to go, uh, check my work schedule." He gets up and leaves. Stefan arrives and sits down in Jeremy's seat.

"Hey, guys. Who forgot to invite me to the family summit?" Stefan sees the journals and takes one and looks through it.

"Hmm? Wow. All these words. I forgot how much I used to care."

"I didn't." I ate my ceased salad in silence listening between these two.

"You know, Elena, it's probably best you not torture yourself with memories from the past. It's best we both just move on and accept things as they are."

"You don't have to be here, Stefan."

"You know what, Alaric, you're right. I don't. But Elena's here, and I look out for both Lyanna and Elena now. Besides, there's going to be people everywhere tonight. So there's going to be lots to eat." Elena and I looked at him, shocked but he laughs,"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Loosen up."  Stefan gets up and leaves. Elena looks at Alaric.

"I can't drop it, Ric." Elena says to Alaric and I get up,"Lyla, where are you off to?"

I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk alone in silence. I walked into The Grill and took a seat, Matt came up to me and I didn't want to see him. Instead I went off into the girls bathroom and I saw a ghost or something but I saw Lexi. She smiles at me and I hug her.

"Lexi! Oh my god, you need to help Elena with Stefan, please!" Lexi smiles and nods her head.

"Yes I will. But one thing I should tell you, I'm rooting for you and Damon. Don't give up on him, not ever, because from what I see when it's real you can't walk away no matter how much people don't like you with him, you can't walk away. Promise me you'll remember that Lyanna, promise." I nod my head and hug Lexi once more as she leaves the bathroom.

I walked out but I saw Alaric and Damon drinking together with Mason Lockwood. I took a seat next to Alaric and hushed him.

"I am never going to hear the end of that damn necklace." Mason is still there, drinking from a shot glass as I glare at him and Damon just looks down on his phone.

"One of you will pay for this, right? Cheers." He downs the shot.

"Let's get to it. I killed you. You want revenge. Get in line." Damon says and I looked at him.

"Actually, I want an apology." Alaric lets out a hearty laugh and I let out a big laugh. Mason is never gonna get anything from Damon.

"Good luck with that."

"Don't you have a family to haunt? You know your nephew has turned into a mindless hybrid Minion."

"That's why I'm here. To help Tyler."

"Well, sorry to break it to you, buddy, but Tyler can't be helped. At least not while Klaus is alive. Which is, like, always."

"Not necessarily. Not if you found a weapon that could kill him."

"There is no weapon that...What do you know?"

"I know you need to apologize."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"Are you incapable of remorse? Just apologize!" I smacked Damon's head and he rubs it, Damon glanced at Mason and starts his somewhat apology.

"You're right. I didn't have to kill you. I do a lot of things I don't have to do." Mason laughs.

"That's good enough." Mason gets up and Alaric sighs, taking down his shot.

"Meet me at the old Lockwood cellar. Bring a shovel," He looks at Alaric then back to Damon,"Come alone."

"What, you're going to bury me alive?"

"Don't tempt me."

He leaves. Damon looks at Alaric and back to me. I shrugs and take my first and final shot in my mouth. Damon leaves the pub and I followed behind him, not really drunk. Damon gets in the car and I sigh, looking at him clearly annoyed.

"Are you going to pick me up or will I need to drive myself near the woods and find you two in the cellar?" Damon looks at me and starts the engine of his car. I was simply waiting for a respond but instead I got something else.

"You know, when I kill someone, they're supposed to stay dead." I glanced at him and turn my body away, leaving Damon to drive away.

Like I said, we're complicated with each other right now.
————-
I made my way into the Lockwood Old Cellar, with a shovel of my own. I see Mason and Damon lighting up three lanterns.

"I'm surprised you showed." I grinned and lean over on my shovel.

"Yeah, well this girl needs to do something other than sitting around and mopping a lot." I grinned at Mason and he grins back at me.

"Too bad we haven't finished what we started." I walked seductively to Mason and draped an arm around his shoulder.

"And what's that Lockwood? My kidnapping or the part where you try to convince me to have sex with you even though I was your nephew's date to Ms. Mystic Falls. Ohh, well too bad, I'm not interested." I pushed Mason away and grabbed a lantern.

"You put a snag in my only other Klaus lead. So I'd say I'm highly motivated." Mason rises and hands Damon one of the three lanterns.

"Mikael? Yeah. That didn't turn out so great, did it?"

"How do you know so much?"

"There's not much to do on the other side but sit around and watch other people screw things up."

"What are we looking for?"

"There's an old Lockwood family legend about a weapon that can kill an Original vampire. Like the rest of their secrets, they kept it buried." We approached a wall and Mason tries to break the wall with the shovel but it doesn't work. Damon grins and steps Mason aside.

"Oh, come on, give me the thing. Move." Damon takes the shovel and uses his vampire strength to break the wall. Soon he's broken a hole in it and then we stick our heads and the lantern through to see what's on the other side.

"Go for it."

"You first."

"What, you think I'm leading you into a trap?"

"The thought crossed my mind." I sighted and pushed past them, rolling my eyes as I walked through the wall.

"Your both pussies to trust each other. Are you sure your both men? And I don't mean by the size of your dick." I remarked and they both followed me. As we walked through the hidden part of the cellar I could hear Damon and Mason talking considering they're walking right behind me.

"I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Your motives are deceptively pure."

"You talk the talk, but I know you'll do anything for your brother. You won't screw me over as long as we have the same agenda."

"I'm supposed to believe you're not going to screw me over?"

We suddenly stop and see that there are different directions now.

"All right. Which way?"

"I don't know. Flip a coin."

"Aren't you supposed to be all-knowing?" Damon remarks and I sight. Honestly we don't have no damn time for his childish tantrums.

"I'm a ghost. I'm not God. Go left. This beauty will stay with me on the right." I glared at Mason and places my hand on my hip.

"Uh no, I'm going with Damon. Just because your a ghost doesn't mean you get to control me." Me and Damon go onto the left but there's nothing there.

"Or not...You have trust issues. Anyone ever tell you that?" Damon and I walk a little further and suddenly sharp wooden poles move out from the walls and go through Damon's body. There's vervain on them. Mason leaves and I gasp, dropping my lantern.

"Yo. Help a brother out? Mason?" I kneeled down and Damon still has the stakes in his body. Mason comes back with a shovel,"Oh, I'm having a bad day."

"Sorry. Thought you might need this." He breaks the long stakes with the shovel and removes them. I didn't even bother looking but explored even more into the cellar. I stopped as Damon and Mason came behind me and we are still walking through the caverns. Suddenly Damon hits an invisible barrier while Mason and I continue walking foward in front of him.

"God! This is not happening." Mason and I turn around, seeing that Damon cannot get in.

"What now?"

"I can't get through. It's like I'm not invited in. Wait!"

"I'm not stopping just 'cause you're stuck. I'll let you know what I find."

"Yeah, but...Lyanna you can get in right? Just tell me what you see if you see anything."

"Looks like you're gonna have to trust me. After you my beauty." I fake a smile and walked in front of Mason.

"Don't touch her you bastard!" I half a smile at Damon's remark and shake my head. I can take care of myself Damon. We reached a part and I stared at it in awe.

"So? What'd you find?"

"It's in..." Before Mason can answer Damon's question, he suddenly starts to disappear.

"No, no, no, no. No, where'd you go? Mason, Mason! Lyla, Lyla, did you see anything?! Just come back to me now."

I walked quickly as I could back to Damon and went passed the barrier. Damon and I walked out of the cellar and Damon take out his phone.

"Who are you calling Damon?"

"Alaric."

Me and Damon were sitting apart from each other and I sighted. Alaric finally came to me and Damon. I stood up and handed Alaric a lantern.

"You're here. It's about time." Damon rubs off some dirt from his pants.

"Didn't have anyone else to call?"

"No, actually, I don't. 'Cause I need a non-vampire to get in the cave, even though Lyanna can't tell me cuz she's still in state of shock if there was anything, and other than Elena, you're pretty much the only one I trust."

"Well, you have a crappy way of showing that."

"Look, if Mason Lockwood can get over the fact that I killed him, can't you cut me a little slack, Ric?"

"I shouldn't have to get over it. I was your friend, Damon. You shouldn't have done it in the first place."

"Well! Sometimes...I do things I don't have to do."

"You're going to recycle that same crap-ass apology you gave Mason Lockwood?"

"Yeah, well...I didn't mean it with him." Damon grins and I slap him on his arm. Alaric looks at him and then turns his flashlight on and looks at the hole. We all walk back inside. Once we reached the destination Damon pulls me back and stops me from going inside with Alaric,"I just wanted to get you to myself." I shrug and lean against the opposite wall of Damon.

"We're friends, we shouldn't be all romantic around each other." Damon uses his vampire speed and comes in front of me, whispering into my ear.

"No, but we can be romantic with privacy, and a bedroom just the two of us, unless you don't want to have sex and just be romantic simple in my bedroom." I bite my lip and looked carefully at Damon.

"And no one will find out, can you promise me that Damon? Can I trust your word not to tell anyone?" Damon wraps his arms around my waist and grins.

"And one more thing, we're only friendly around each other in front of our family members and friends. Otherwise if we're in my room or yours, we can do whatever we want." I nod my head and sigh.

"I promise, that sounds good idea friend." Damon grins and his fingers railed on the sides of my hips.

"So was Mason screwing with me, or is there something in there?" After a while we don't heard Alaric saying anything,"Ric. Ric?"

"I found something."

"What is it?"

"I have no idea."
**********
Soooooo....seems like now Lyanna and Damon will possibly have a secret relationship. Of course the end of Season 3 is near in a couple more chapters and I have HUGE plans for it! Huge plans! It'll make y'all shook and at the edge of your seats! Other than that all you have to do is keep waiting and reading.

Expect an update in 2 hours! So keep on your notifications on.

Comment, Rate, & Vote! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 40.2K 56
"She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together." - J.D. Salinger, A...
794K 19.4K 41
𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒄|| ❝She looked incredibly playful, as though she no care in the world, and Kol thought that she looked most beautiful at that time,❞ Or...
1.9M 46.8K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...
1M 27.6K 50
"Are you mental? We have locked these kinds of people here for hundreds of years for a reason" "I know; but she is our last resort" In the years when...