Chronicles of Avatar ||Azula...

By MGCJoan

Mia, and her brother Kyo, are finishing their marathon of Avatar: Last Airbender, When they are asked a quest... More

Chapter 1: Is This Narnia Or the Matrix?
Chapter 2: The Avatar Has Returned
Chapter 3: Agni Kai
Chapter 4: The Earth Kingdom Sword
Chapter 5: Roku's Island
Chapter 6: The Water Bending Scroll Katara Stole
Chapter 7: The Storm
Chapter 8: The Blue Spirit and the Dragon Empress
Chapter 9: June
Chapter 10: The Siege of the North
Chapter 11: Return of the Blue Spirit
Chapter 12: Journey to Ba Sing Se
Chapter 13: The Teashop
Chapter 14: Tale of Mia
Chapter 15: Two Sides
Chapter 16: The Crossroads of Destiny
Chapter 17: Awaking
Chapter 18: The Painted Lady
Chapter 19: "Wasting Time!"
Chapter 20: The Runaway
Chapter 21: The Puppetmaster
Chapter 23: The Day of Black Sun, part two, The Eclipse
Chapter 24: Suckers
Chapter 25: Changing
Chapter 26: Fears
Chapter 27: Into the Inferno
Epilogue: "A Very Sweet Ending Please."
A Question that doesn't need to be Answered
COA Meme Land
Azulo Art!
Thanks (more art!)
How to tell the Avatar you're building a city.

Chapter 22: The Day of Black Sun, part one, the Invasion

1.4K 38 3
By MGCJoan

[A/N: I know the last chapters have been lacking Azulo but there was nothing to write. You'll see in a little while.]

————Kyo POV————

Just another lonely day in my cell— I sat leaning on the bars, Azula put me back in there and never came back.

It had been about a week and she hadn't come by, I was getting restless. I kept asking myself why but I knew the real reason. When we kissed she ran off and tried to ignore me the rest of the time, no doubt it was the same thing right now.

I was pulling my hair out hoping I didn't just ruin it. At the moment I was squeezing the bars tight thinking about how afraid she looked when she pulled away.

'I shouldn't have pushed her!' I thought before my cell door squeaked open.

I immediately looked up to see Azula.

She seemed like she was in thought and she seemed rattled. I didn't say anything as she stood in front of me in my dark cell with a basket in her hands looking down at me.

"I brought you some food." She stated, placing it down.

"Thank you." I tried to smile through my nerves.

"You should thank me. I didn't have to come here." She replied, looking to the side sounding annoyed.

"Yeah, I guess you didn't. Why did you?" I asked, opening it to see she brought me a sandwich and tea.

She didn't respond, I looked up at her to see she was looking to the side but wasn't blushing, no she was in her plotting face.

"Azula..." I reached out and gently touched her hand.

She gasped and immediately pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I tried not to sound like I was going crazy as I now held the bars. She seemed to be shaking." I-I'm sorry." I stumbled again as my eyes widen in fear.

"Oh, stop saying that." She snapped making me jump. "It's my fault." She whispered, "I'm the fool." She continued looking at the floor. "I shouldn't be telling you this!" She rose her voice directing it more to herself.

I could tell she was mad at herself, confused but mostly annoyed at herself for liking me. She looked up at me with a squint, I didn't say anything I just looked in her gold eyes. They glimmered gold in the little light that was in this room, seeming troubled.

"Kyo, I'm not for you. And you're definitely not for me. So this has to end right here, right now." She whispered trying to sound aggressive but I couldn't bear to here her voice breaking with every word.

"Azula, it's okay to feel this way." I said, making her close her eyes and face down.

"No, no, you don't understand, if my father finds out he'll never look at me the same. He'll think of me as weak." She crouched in tears, holding her face.

If I could I would have gave her a hug but these bars were definitely in the way. I knew this was messing with her whole life but this was no way to live. "Then we'll hide it, he'll never find out." I tried to convince her, as she was biting her lip trying not to cry.

"No, no, no. He'll find out. I know he will." She looked back at me, swiping her tears away with her sleeve.

"I love you. Don't do this."

She crouched again as she heard this and looked away, letting out the tears one more time before putting on her brave face and getting up.

"Goodbye Kyo." She looked back at me as she put a hand on the door.

I wanted to run after her, I wanted to shout for her to come back but I knew none of it would work.

She quickly opened the door and closed it just as fast leaving me alone again.

I let out air as I leaned my head against the bars, the fear that, that could actually be it was sinking in. I then smelt the tea she gave me and reached over for it.

I need tea right now.

As soon as I took the pot out I saw a silver object shine. I grabbed it and saw that it was a key. And not just any key. I gasped at the thought of Azula letting me go.

——Mia POV——

After what happened with Hama, Zuko spent the time Aang was freaking out to heal. He was doing better yet I still worried about him specially since the invasion force just showed up. "Are you sure you're up to this?" I asked Zuko, the fleet had arrived at the docks Toph made.

"Mia, I'll be fine." He smiled back, gently touching my hair.

I sighed, he wasn't fully healed and he still groaned in pain every now and then. And you can't blame me for being so protective, he literally died!

"Hi, Katara." Huru waved to Katara with his weird mustache.

"Huru, it's so good to see you." Katara exclaimed, running up and hugging him.

"Toph, Zuko, Mia, this is Huru. When we met him his town was controlled by the Fire Nation, so he had to hide his earth bending." Aang said, making me and Zuko skittishly laugh because we knew exactly what he was talking about.

"No way, is that?" Toph asked like she was getting ready to fight.

"Hippo happy to see blind bandit." Hippo expressed as he lifted Toph.

"Yeah, I missed a lot. I don't know who any of these people." Zuko whispered over to me.

"Be glad, because if they did they'd all want to kill us." I smirked with a hand on my hip, making him scratch the back of his head and embarrassedly try to laugh it off.

"Yeah."

———Kyo POV———

I put the key in my man bun not long after my cell door opened and the guard came in with food. He looked down at the food and glared back at me before smashing the plate on the ground along with the tea and other food. "Earth Kingdom, trash." He growled, I grinned at him. He was going to get it later. This whole place was going to get it.

——Mia POV——

When it came round to explaining the invasion plan Sokka was way too nervous. "Don't worry, you'll do great." Hakoda said before Sokka completely messed it up.

"Let me start from the beginning. Katara and I found Aang in a iceberg now I didn't like Aang at first but I learned to love him over time. Then we went to the southern air temple where Aang used to live. And then we met the Kyoshi warriors-" Sokka said after he realized he messed up and was trying to explain everything. I couldn't help but hide a snicker as he took that deep breath and ranted like a fast paced Siri.

"Wow he meant the beginning beginning." Katara whispered.

"Which I really really hated him but he and Mia the Earth Kingdom girl who I thought was a really bad backstaber but it turns out they're good now—"

"Thank you, Sokka. It's okay, why don't you take a brake?" Hakoda said before he killed it. "When this is finished, the Avatar will have defeated the Fire Lord. We will have control of the Fire Nation Capital, and this war will be over!" Everyone cheered, everyone but Sokka who now looked depressed.

After I got ready I realized that Zuko wasn't around. I found him at the beachside staring at the rising sun.

"Hey." I smiled putting a hand on his shoulder. "You okay?" I asked as he looked back at me.

"Mia, how many times do I have to tell you. I'm fine." Zuko smiled putting his forehead to mine looking in my eyes.

I looked down at the sand knowing I need to give him slack. "It's just when all that happened..."

"I know. It's okay." He reassured not moving away.

"I love you." I looked back at him in the eyes, he grinned before kissing my cheek.

"Do you think Aang will do it?" He asked, moving me to a side hug.

"Do what?" I asked back.

"Take out the Fire Lord." He bluntly replied, not looking at me.

"To be honest; no."

"I was thinking the same thing. I just hope he does the right thing in the end."

Not to long later we got on the ships and headed for the gates. When we got there the plan worked just fine.

"You really outdid yourself this time, son." Hakoda said as we were in the subs.

"Yeah congratulations, Sokka you managed to create a worse way of travel than flying." Toph groaned sounding like she was about to throw up.

"Helmet?" The Duke asked holding it out before Toph grabbed it and made the famous puking sound. The Machinist explained the way the sub worked making me give a long yawn.

We soon resurfaced for air, we all stood around Aang before he took off to fight Ozai. "So this is it huh?" Aang asked with a sigh at us.

"Are you ready to let the world know the Avatar is alive?" Sokka asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm ready." Aang firmly replied.

"I hope you kick some serious Fire Lord butt Twinkle Toes." Toph said, with a grin putting her fists together.

"Aang, what are you going to do when you face the Fire Lord?" Zuko asked, Aang seemed rattled but couldn't answer before Hakoda announced for us to get back in.

We all went back in and left Aang and Katara alone, I was hoping the whole time Katara didn't mess it up between them.

We all then went to the loading bay waiting to dock. "Everyone in position. Earth benders into your tanks. This is going to be a rough ride." Hakoda ordered before Toph and the other earth benders did so. It was a long time and there was no sound. It was getting more annoying with every second, almost unbearable thinking about what would await us when that hatch opened.

I looked over to Zuko and we shot each other worried looks before I went back to sweating from the heat and all these people bunched together.

Finally it opened and we heard a battle already going on. The tanks moved out before the foot soldiers.

Next was us, I ran with my sword unsheathed looking for my first target. I saw a fire bender not to far from me, as soon as I was close enough I swung my sword to his side.

He shot a blast of fire at me, I quickly moved to the left and completely dodged it. I then kneed his gut before cutting his chest, I then moved on to the next opponent.

He shot three fire blasts at me, I jumped up and dodged the other by sliding down. I was at his feet so as I was getting back up I kicked his face.  Before landing on my feet I swung my sword at his stomach. I looked back to see it completely worked.

I looked around to see we were advancing except for the battlements knocking out a lot of our support. I then ran back to where Sokka, Zuko and Katara were. "Sokka we got to take out those battlements. It's our only chance." Hakoda stated before Sokka gave off a smirk.

"I've got an idea."

His idea was to fly on Appa and take out what we could of those battlements. Katara iced in one, Sokka and I cut the guns off another. We then landed to take out the last one.

"You two take out that battlement. We got this one. Watch each other's backs." Hakoda said, referring to me and Zuko.

We followed him till he told us to burst in from the door while he snuck in the back. Zuko kicked the door down and the two soldiers turned to face us. Me and Zuko didn't hesitate to charge.

I had my sword ready before one shot a long burst of flame at me. I moved to the side and almost got to him before he kicked more fire.

I moved back but went right back and cut his side before cutting his gut. Hakoda jumped in from the window and we both turned to see the fire bender punch Zuko in the chest with fire.

He yelled in pain before me and Hakoda took the fire bender down.

"Zuko?" I asked collapsing by his side.

"I'm fine. Let's go." He groaned trying to get up. I put a hand on his shoulder, he clearly was hurt.

Hakoda and I put his arms around our shoulders taking him to Katara.

"Zuko!" Katara gasped as we got closer. She immediately began to heal him. "He'll be okay but he has to take it easy." She said, looking up at me.

While I was pullling my hair out, he was injured again.

"Katara can you look after him?" Hakoda asked.

"Yes." 

"Then let's return to the fight." He finished putting his helmet back on.

———Kyo POV———

I began to pace around my cell thinking about freedom. I could finally see my sister and the Ggang again. I looked out at my tiny window eagerly waiting for the eclipse.

Waiting for the perfect moment. For the time of the eclipse, I was going to escape no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
4.7K 176 28
"You love him, don't you? I see the way you look at him. It's like he's your whole world. I can't possibly blame you for falling in love with someone...
1.4K 44 9
Akela Kwin. A girl dedicated to her country, her family, and tradition. Raised to be the next Queen of the Air-nomads, she has always had pressure...
114K 2.1K 74
Miarri, (I will eventually change her name to Kida so that's why in some chapters you'll see Kida instead of Miarri or Mia) otherwise known as Mia by...