Chapter 8: The Blue Spirit and the Dragon Empress

"We haven't been able to pick up the avatar's trail since the storm, but if we continue heading northeast-" Gei explained to Zuko before a Fire Nation war ship boarded.

"What do they want?!" Zuko hissed with his arms folded.

"Perhaps a sporting game of Pi Sho." Iroh replied with a smile as he kicked my ass on the game.

"The hunt for the Avatar is given prime importance. All information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao." A soldier said holding out a poster of the Avatar.

"Zhao has been promoted? Well good for him." Iroh said, as I hit my own forehead for being so stupid in Pi Sho.

"I've got nothing to report to Zhao, now get off my ship and let us pass." Zuko growled at the soldier.

"Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area." He firmly replied.

"Off my ship!" Zuko shouted, having enough of Zhao.

"Excellent, I take the pot. But you're all improving I'm sure you will win if we play again." I laid back in my defeat, again.

                      _________________

"Is everything okay? It's been almost an hour and you haven't given the men an order." Iroh walked up, with his sleeves together.

"I don't care what they do." Zuko snapped back.

"Don't give up hope yet. You can still find the avatar before Zhao."

"How Uncle? Zhao's resources, it's just a matter of time before he captures the avatar. My honor, my throne, my country. I'm about to lose them all." Zuko looked at the sunset with his fist clenched, his eyes narrowed. It was all just about to fade away.

                      ________________

Later that evening, when I was pouting about how bad I sucked at Pi Sho— Zuko came in my room without warning. I looked up stunned from my bed, it came out of nowhere.

"Mia, I need to ask a favor of you." He said closing the door. He held a bag in his hands, I couldn't see what though.

"Sure." I replied, still being bummed out by how good Iroh was.

"You might not like it. I need your help to rescue the Avatar." Zuko said, like he wanted a reaction, and he got one.

Tuns of thoughts ran through my head, how was I going to make it threw this. What they did would be hard for three people, nonetheless I still agreed.

"You'll need to put this on. But not here." Zuko said, throwing me the bag. I looked in to see a mask of the Dragon Empress and black clothes.

                       ________________

That night Zuko and I headed out, and put on our Blue Spirit and dragon Empress stuff, and headed out to save the Avatar.

A wagon was coming up and was going to the fortress so we hopped on as quiet as possible. We got under it and waited till he got to the check point.

When we got there the guard looked around, and was about to signal the man to keep moving when he thought he heard something. He looked under the wagon to find, nothing. We had moved in the cart while he searched the out sides.

"All clear go on in." The guard said, letting us in without knowing.

Once we got in the fortress we hopped off and went in the sowers. The trench went through the first gate, we quickly went to the second gate top were we slipped by the guards unseen or heard.

At The last gate, we went through the gate wall top. I could hear Zhao giving a speech down in the courtyard. "—The Avatar. I am here to tell you that he is now my prisoner!" The soldiers chanted, no one saw us slip by.

Then we finally came to it, the prison hold. I whistled to get the guards at Aang's door off. Only one came but Zuko quickly threw a fire blast at him and hung him up the ceiling.

We ran up and Zuko grabbed a jug, I don't know how he got it. While I unsheathed my sword. I cut at a guard's legs, he threw a fire ball at me, I moved to the side at the same time of nocking a guard over and cut his back.

Meanwhile I looked back to see Zuko had taken care of the rest. Zuko opened the door and went in, I could hear Aang scream because he thought Zuko was going to kill him.

"Who are you? What's going on? Are you here to rescue me?" Aang asked as he walked, following Zuko.

Zuko and I signaled him took keep moving.

"I'll take that as a yes." Aang replied. "My frogs! Come back and stop thawing out." He shouted as half frozen frogs jumped out of his jacket. Zuko out grew his patience and grabbed Aang's caller to drag him away. "Wait! My friends need to suck on these frogs!"

We went threw the same way we came in and we were almost threw the first gate when the alarm rang.

"There on the wall!" A guard shouted. I came up with an easy way to get out of this problem and I was going to take it. Aang was about to run off, I saw Zhao watching and I knew it was just about time.

I ran up and grabbed Aang and held his neck with my sword. "Trust me." I whispered to Aang.

Zuko got behind me, and seemed to know already know what I was planning.

"Open the gate." Zhao ordered.

"Admiral, what are you doing?" The general next to him asked.

"Let them out! Now!" Zhao spat, and it was working.

They opened all the gates, and all we had to do was walk backwards.

When we were just about to the forest, I timed it just right where I ducked and moved to the side with Aang. The arrow went right pass the side of my chin and grazed it. But I went and looked over to see Zuko still got nocked out.

Aang quickly made smoke for cover and looked down to see Zuko's scar. He gasped at the sight of him, he then looked up at me and realized who I was.

"Just go. I'll tell him you got away." I said, looking back to make sure he was a sleep.

"Why are you doing this?" Aang asked, with his little boy wide eyes.

"I don't believe in what Ozai says; your the real Fire Nation people's only hope. Go!" I shouted pointing at the forest.

Aang didn't quite know what to say, he looked back before running off.

I grabbed Zuko and got out as fast as I could.

I took us deep in the forest where I sat Zuko down and waited for him to wake up.

"Where is he? Where's the Avatar?!" Zuko shouted at me once he got up.

"Gone. I couldn't stop him." I replied, still looking at the ground.

"You're lying! You could have done something!" Zuko shouted getting even more furious.

I just looked up at him, a tired face stopped Zuko in his tracks. He clenched his fists and turned around.

"We should head back." He softly said, before grabbing his Blue Spirit mask.

                  _________________

"Where have you two been, Prince Zuko? You missed music night! Lutiniet Gei sang a string love song." Iroh said as we boarded.

"Did he now?" I replied with a grasping tone as I sat down and lead my head on his shoulder to lean on Iroh.

"I'm going to bed, no disturbances." Zuko said walking to his quarters. But right before he was about to go in the ship he stopped. "Mia, thank you." He stated with his back still to me, but I could see he meant it.

"You're welcome." I replied still leaning on Iroh.

"Why, what did you two do?" Iroh asked after Zuko walked off. I kinda chuckled and acted like I didn't hear Iroh's question.