Chapter 22: The Day of Black Sun, part one, the Invasion

[A/N: I know the last chapters have been lacking Azulo but there was nothing to write. You'll see in a little while.]

————Kyo POV————

Just another lonely day in my cell— I sat leaning on the bars, Azula put me back in there and never came back.

It had been about a week and she hadn't come by, I was getting restless. I kept asking myself why but I knew the real reason. When we kissed she ran off and tried to ignore me the rest of the time, no doubt it was the same thing right now.

I was pulling my hair out hoping I didn't just ruin it. At the moment I was squeezing the bars tight thinking about how afraid she looked when she pulled away.

'I shouldn't have pushed her!' I thought before my cell door squeaked open.

I immediately looked up to see Azula.

She seemed like she was in thought and she seemed rattled. I didn't say anything as she stood in front of me in my dark cell with a basket in her hands looking down at me.

"I brought you some food." She stated, placing it down.

"Thank you." I tried to smile through my nerves.

"You should thank me. I didn't have to come here." She replied, looking to the side sounding annoyed.

"Yeah, I guess you didn't. Why did you?" I asked, opening it to see she brought me a sandwich and tea.

She didn't respond, I looked up at her to see she was looking to the side but wasn't blushing, no she was in her plotting face.

"Azula..." I reached out and gently touched her hand.

She gasped and immediately pulled away.

"I'm sorry." I tried not to sound like I was going crazy as I now held the bars. She seemed to be shaking." I-I'm sorry." I stumbled again as my eyes widen in fear.

"Oh, stop saying that." She snapped making me jump. "It's my fault." She whispered, "I'm the fool." She continued looking at the floor. "I shouldn't be telling you this!" She rose her voice directing it more to herself.

I could tell she was mad at herself, confused but mostly annoyed at herself for liking me. She looked up at me with a squint, I didn't say anything I just looked in her gold eyes. They glimmered gold in the little light that was in this room, seeming troubled.

"Kyo, I'm not for you. And you're definitely not for me. So this has to end right here, right now." She whispered trying to sound aggressive but I couldn't bear to here her voice breaking with every word.

"Azula, it's okay to feel this way." I said, making her close her eyes and face down.

"No, no, you don't understand, if my father finds out he'll never look at me the same. He'll think of me as weak." She crouched in tears, holding her face.

If I could I would have gave her a hug but these bars were definitely in the way. I knew this was messing with her whole life but this was no way to live. "Then we'll hide it, he'll never find out." I tried to convince her, as she was biting her lip trying not to cry.

"No, no, no. He'll find out. I know he will." She looked back at me, swiping her tears away with her sleeve.

"I love you. Don't do this."

She crouched again as she heard this and looked away, letting out the tears one more time before putting on her brave face and getting up.

"Goodbye Kyo." She looked back at me as she put a hand on the door.