My new 6 stepbrothers

By Madi__x

Isla Pyle is a 17 year old girl. Who's life has changed dramatically in such a short space of time. Isla's m... More

Summary
Characters
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N

N I N E

23.5K 560 169
By Madi__x

Daxton's POV

For Isla's first time driving in America, shes actually a pretty good driver.

Throughout the whole ride me and Isla made small conversation. I think if Bella wasn't with us we probably wouldn't of talked much if at all.

This car journey has definitely proved mine and the boys theory to be right, Isla is definitely a private person and there is something big she isn't telling us.

Now I can't speak for anyone else but whatever Isla is hiding the eagerness to know is definitely eating away at me and I know the boys are also itching to find out what.

I hope we find out. Either way we would support her and not judge her. I know that sometimes we can be overwhelming I mean ask anyone who knows us. Yes we can be annoying, we can be careless, we can be players and list goes on and on but something that people also know about us is that even know we are all this stereotypical teen boys is that we always
Put family first no matter what. Even though we hardly know Isla and Bella, I can definitely speak for the boys behave in saying that we love them just as much if they were blood. We have always wanted a sister to protect and now we have two little sisters to protect let's just say we take that job position very seriously.

We finally arrived at the beach. It is a golden sand beach. The tide was around midway out and the place was crowded. Colourful umbrellas were scattered randomly throughout the long beach. People running up and down from the water to their belongings. Shouting and screaming of excitement could be heard over the peaceful sound of the ocean blue waves crashing against the shore.

"Islaaaaa PLEASE PRETTY PLEASEEEE can we get some ICECREAM!!" Bella jumped up and down while eyeing up the closes ice cream parlour.
"Of course Bellaboo." Isla replied with her thick British accent.

Isla decided that she wanted to explore and take some photographs. When she mentioned this I thought I would take this as an opportunity to make a conversation and hopefully, fingers crossed start some sort of a friendship.

"So you enjoy photography,huh?"
"Uh huh" she bluntly answered.
"You'll have to show me some of your work and then maybe I could try and paint one. If that's obviously okay with you."
"Wait you paint?"
Omg I actually got more than two words out of her at on time. Just call me a miracle worker.
"Yeah I do. It calms me down ya know?"
"That's so cool. I used to do a lot of art before I got a camera but now I mostly enjoy photography." She smiled slightly before turning her attention back to taking a photo of the beach.

Yes that's right! I got two sentences and a small smile. It maybe small but it was a bloody smile never the least.

I decided to take this opportunity to ask her about any other hobbies or things she did in England. I know that she did figure skating as Jaden messaged me in the car telling me about the discoveries they had discovered in her box.

As we slowly made our way towards one of the many ice cream parlours that are placed along the beach front I decided to pluck up the courage and ask a question to Bella then hopefully if my plan works redirect my question to Isla so then she would have to answer it.

"So Bella in England did you do any activities or anything like that?" I innocently asked her.

Bella looked up at Isla as if asking for permission to tell me or not. This put Isla in a very awkward position as you can tell she doesn't want Bella to tell me but she doesn't know how to tell Bella not to say nothing with me stood there waiting patiently for an answer.

Bella being the smartest 5 year old I know answered my question quickly but not giving to much away.
"I did a couple of things but I was very young then so I guess.... it doesn't count." She shrugged before turning back to the ice cream.
"What about you Isla?" I asked casually like I didn't plan it all along.
"Umm...... no not really mostly painted and did photography." She lied.

I knew the truth. I just hoped that she would of told me her self. It kinda hurts that she lied but I have this feeling that she isn't the type of person to lie unless she really had too.

Another thing I noticed about Isla is that she never looks any one in the eye. Apart from Bella of course. But even when she is talking to you she will not look in your eyes. She always has her head hanging low and looking down.

"Are you excited to start school in a couple of weeks?" I asked as I couldn't bare the silence anymore.
Bella wasn't talking as she was to busy scoffing down her chocolate ice cream. Isla had mint choc chip while I had also the chocolate flavour.
"Umm.... I guess." She shrugged.
"Well don't worry because you have Laken and jaden in the grade above and me, Braxton and Blake in the same grade as you. We will look after you." I smiled
"Oh um no that's fine I'll manage."

After ice cream we walked around a little. I showed them a couple of little stores which have really nice things in I also showed them which way the mall is. It was actually quite a nice day just walking around the beach front.

Now it was time to head back. I have to report what I have found out from the boys. Before leaving I quickly sent a text to Greyson telling him we are on our way back and should be home in about 30 minutes.

The car ride was actually to my surprise a lot less awkward than before. Through the day small conversation was made and I think I really do think that Isla is starting to warm up to me. It maybe really slowly but I think she is.

Isla's POV

Of course just my luck. Daxton has decided that he is coming with. Bella seems excited about it so I guess I would just have to suck it up for my little sister. I would do anything to see Bella smile.

I was so excited to be driving my new car that Calvin got me. This is my first time driving my baby. This will also be my first time driving in America. I am so scared.

When we finally made it to our destination which was this beautiful golden sand beach. I don't think I did to bad at driving if I say so my self.

The car ride was quite awkward to be honest. We made small conversation. You could tell Dax was really trying to make conversation with me but with me being the social awkward, private person I am, I only gave him blunt one word answers. I do feel quite bad about being so blunt with him as you could tell he was really trying his best but I'm just not that type of person which opens up to someone.

Daxton did seem like a really nice guy.

When my mum first told me that Calvin had 6 sons, 6 bloody sons who were all in the same school as me. My first thought was oh brilliant 6 cocky, players who thought they were better than everyone else. And to be honest with my self I was wrong they don't seem like the stereotypical teen boys I thought they were at all.

I could tell that Daxton was very curious about our life back in England. To be honest I want to think that it was all innocent and he was just curious and that was that but I can't help this feeling deep inside me thinking that there is more than just Dax asking curious questions. I think it is just me being the typical paranoid over-thinker I am. But to be fair if you had gone through what I have been through in my life you wouldn't blame me at all for being paranoid, not trusting people and over thinking everyone's actions including my own.

Throughout the day I felt like I had gotten to know Dax a lot more. He's actually a really nice guy. I have gotten to know him and his personality. It's quite similar to mine or my old one until I came closed off to everyone. He's got a bubble personality, a goofy, crazy side to him but also a sincere side to him.

I also found out we have similar interests. We are both very creative people. I think he is very different to when he is with his brothers. I found out over the short period of time I have known them that all the boys have their roles in their little brother group. It's quite funny to watch.

When all the boys are together I have observed that:
Greyson acts like their father. He is the wise one who always has the advice and always is the one that breaks up any argument that anyone has.

Jaden is the quieter one of the group. They are all loud. But he definitely is the quieter one. He likes to stick his headphones on and ignore them when he gets bored.

Laken however is definitely the nerd of all the brothers. He's the popular, cool, tech nerd. If any of the boys have a problem with technology  they always run to him for help.

Then there's Blake. He is the badass don't give a fuck one. He's the one who you would run to if your in a bad situation. I also think he could be quite smart if it involves a plan on breaking the law.

Braxton though is the one who you would catch in the gym. If you can't find him I bet you 99.9% of the time he would be in the gym. All the boys are sporty but Braxton is definitely the one who's life revolves around sports.

And finally Daxton is definitely the comical one. He makes everyone laugh by being his stupid self. He acts stupid and crazy but really he is quite smart. Me and Dax have more in common than anyone else. He is artistic and has a personality I can relate to.

Finally making it back to the house after a long but fun day. I helped Bella out of her car seat. She was exhausted. I carried her inside on my hip while she snuggled her head in the croak of my neck. On my other side hung my camera bag.

Dax held open the front door while I slowly made my way through the house. In the front room all 5 boys were sat there as if they were waiting for us to come home. Now it might be my paranoid, over thinker self but it look very suspicious.

"Aha you guys are home how was you day?" Greyson sweetly smiled.
"It was good." I smiled without eye contact.

Greyson hesitantly reaches to grab Bella out of my arm. I don't know why he was so afraid I wasn't going to bite his hand off. I offered him her as she was getting heavy. Me being the weak ass I am couldn't hold her much longer.

"What do you want for dinner? We were all thinking Chinese." Greyson question.
"Sounds good." I smiled before making my way towards the stairs.
"Oh and before I forget." I stopped walking and turned to face the boys.
"Blake's bimbo girlfriend is coming over tonight hope you don't mind." He sheepishly said.
"HEY! She's NOT a bimbo!" Blake shouted from the sofa he was sat on.
All the boys were trying to hide their sneers and chuckles.
I simply nodded.
Bella quickly awoke from her rest when she heard what Greyson said.
"Ugh I dwn't like hwr!" She stropped. Which caused all the boys to burst out in laughter and Blake to stare at her in disbelief.

I silently laughed at my sister before ascending the stairs to my room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.9K 30
*Under Editing* All my life I thought I knew who my family was . . . boy was I wrong. I've grown up with the family I thought was mine, the Jones. Bu...
541 34 15
Katherine Evans, the first girl in all five generations of the powerful, american mafia. Once known as a bubbly, sweet, adorable little 5 year old. W...
201K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...
12.1K 297 23
Alessia is a 14 year old girl, her whole life she has been protecting her little brother, but one day their mother gets killed and they have to live...