The Lies That We Tell

By emliarad

❝𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐢�... More

𝐚𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐬
𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬
𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥
𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚
𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫
𝐡𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞
𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝'𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲
𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞
𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐞
𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩
𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫
𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐠𝐫𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥
𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐜𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐣𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐠𝐚𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐜
𝐬𝐞𝐱 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝
𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧
𝐜𝐨-𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤
𝐮𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐝
𝐭𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐫 𝐪𝐮𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰
𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬
𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬
𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭
𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭
𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥
𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞
𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐧
𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬
𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐣𝐨𝐲
𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭
𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐭

3.7K 196 40
By emliarad

He was walking towards his next class with Katie and Isaac when he suddenly heard yelling and realized that there was a fight going on near them. Seeing his friends walking towards the voices, Quentin followed them.

Unlike some students who kept yelling 'fight, fight, fight!' over and over again, Quentin couldn't care a less about the fights. He wouldn't be surprised if those idiots had a bet going on about who was going to win. It was easy to guess that one of the fighters was Theo and he was right.

There he was fighting in the hallway. Again. Still, he was more surprised to see who he was fighting with. Marco was actually a pretty nice guy and although he wouldn't say that the two of them were friends, they talked sometimes at school and he never said anything about his sexuality.

Quentin wasn't stupid enough to start fighting with Theo. Instead, he only wanted to get Marco out of there so he wouldn't get hurt even worse. Somehow, he managed to do that and he heard Theo yelling something to Marco but didn't pay attention to him.

He went to the bathroom with the black-haired guy following behind and started to clean his wounds. Luckily nothing was broken and he only had few bruises here and there but still, it didn't look good.

Once they were done, he asked why did he fight with Theo in the first place and got a simple answer. "That motherfucker called my Mom a slut! I'm gonna kill him!"

For some reason, it wasn't a secret that Marco's mother was a stripper in her early twenties but had stopped when she got pregnant with her only child. Everyone knew that and most of the students didn't judge or even care but people like Theo were ready to do anything to make others angry, hitting in their weakest spots.

Quentin started to dislike the new guy more and more each day and it has already been months since he arrived. Now, he acted like he owned the school, had sex with different girls almost every day and treated everyone else like trash.

"Don't listen to him, he's an idiot with no brain. Theo knows nothing but some rumors about what happened eighteen years ago. Don't waste your time on him," Quentin told him, cursing Theo in his head with all kinds of names as he made Marco feel like this.

"Yeah, you're right. But it just makes me so angry, the whole damn person makes me want to put him in the hospital every time he talks!" Marco said, his thick Italian accent being even stronger when he was angry and Quentin feared that he might just do that.

"I know that and you're not the only one. But remember that he's like a little child who does anything to get attention and once he realizes that no one cares about him and what he says, he will stop."

Surprisingly, Marco laughed at his weak attempt of a joke. "That's true. You're actually pretty funny. It's a shame that some people only see who you have sex with." Quentin didn't know what to say to that so he only gave a weak smile as an answer.

Fifteen minutes later it was all forgotten and they were now in the math class. Usually, Marco would sit with his friends in the back with his team, including Theo, but now he stayed with Quentin and Isaac. Quentin assumed that it was because he didn't want to be near Theo but didn't mention him again.

Quentin was bored after ten minutes so he did what he always liked to do when he was getting bored: stare at Isaac. It wasn't staring in the creepy 'I am imagining you naked in my bed'-way but now he only looked at the details in his best friend's beautiful face as if he had never looked at him before.

"Stop staring, you weirdo," Isaac's voice woke him up from his thoughts. Blinking, he realized that he had been staring a little too much but instead of being ashamed or shy about it, he laughed and gave him a cheeky answer.

"Why, don't you enjoy it? I can look at you a bit longer if that helps." Of course, Isaac didn't take him seriously as this had happened before. He would know when Quentin was serious and now wasn't time.

"You need a boyfriend or get laid, I don't know. I just know that you clearly need someone to entertain you so you wouldn't have to flirt with me," Isaac joked. He knew that Quentin had slept with two guys but only had one boyfriend named Charles who he broke up after only a few weeks of dating.

What Isaac didn't know was the fact that he was the reason for his best friend's break up. It might be cruel but Quentin was only trying to forget his feelings for Isaac with no luck. He had ended the relationship that wasn't going anywhere. Charles was the first person he ever had sex with but it didn't feel any special.

He was ashamed to admit that the other guy's name was long forgotten after his first, and last, one-night-stand. The only thing he remembered was drinking a lot, dancing with strangers and waking up next to one guy. Very naked. Needless to say, they didn't do the whole 'how do you feel'-thing. After that drinking didn't sound as good and he had tried to do his best to avoid it.

"Sure, you're busy after school?" Quentin winked, making his best friend shake his head laughing. Even the teacher seemed to be annoyed with them. She told them to be quiet because apparently, their whispering bothered everyone else's studying.

Time went by slowly and Quentin was almost falling asleep while the teacher talked about the great mystery of math. Suddenly, he heard the teacher yelling for Theo's name before excusing herself out of the class.

Before he could ask what happened, Marco explained the situation, knowing very well that Quentin was half-asleep and hadn't paid any attention to what had happened in the class.

"Theo walked out of the class without saying a word, a cigarette in his hand and she ran after him." Of course, she did, it's not like she had a whole class here waiting to get out.

Ten minutes later, the teacher came back to class with no other than the golden boy himself who wore the same black leather jacket that Quentin had seen on him every day. "Sorry about that, the situation has been handled. We still have time to talk about today's subject so please, take your books and pencils and start taking notes."

Quentin being Quentin, he simply couldn't listen anymore and started to have a conversation with Isaac and Marco. Usually, he didn't have trouble concentrating, not much at least, but now he only wanted to go home with Isaac and cuddle in the bed while watching movies.

"Quentin, I have told you to stay quiet and yet, you keep talking. Now, come to sit here in front of my desk and if you don't, you mind as well leave the class. There's no need for you to come back to my class."

The whole class became silent like everyone was waiting for his answer. Nothing happened for a few seconds until Quentin seemed to realize that she was, in fact, very serious.

"You can't blackmail me!"

"If I see that you being there will disturb others or my teaching, I am allowed to remove you from my class. But now I am being nice so I gave you an option." After staring the teacher a minute or so, he felt eyes on him.

Knowing that his whole grade was at risk, he stood up and walked to the seat she was referring to but not before looking at Isaac with a disappointed look. They had always sat next to each other in every class they shared and were practically brothers, partners-in-crime.

"Good. Same goes on you, Theodore," he said and again, the class was deadly silent as everyone watched the boy sitting in the backseat.

"Sit there or leave." The teacher simply said and pointed at the seat next to Quentin before continuing the class, not waiting for his answer. She didn't seem to care what Theo did since she was getting tired of her students' childish behavior. Quentin understood why because he couldn't stand half of the people he went to school with.

One thing was sure, the last thing he needed was an asshole like Theo sitting next to him. Surprising everyone, the boy actually did what he was asked and silently sat down next to Quentin in the front row.

Must be the first time sitting here, he thought. Theo was a very stereotypical popular boy who thought that his reputation was gone if he sat anywhere else but in the back of classes.

As he sat down next to Quentin, he didn't talk or even look at him. Good, there was no need to pretend to like each other's presence even if they were forced to sit next to each other.

It was almost the end of the class when Quentin started to talk. Turning to look at the boy sitting next to him, he went straight to the point without much of a hello. "You smell like cigarette."

"Aren't you genius one, maybe it's because I had one before coming here. Or maybe I ate it, who knows?" Theo answered sarcastically which was new to him. He didn't look like one to use humor or sarcasm a lot but they hadn't exactly had a proper conversation after the first day. What could Quentin know about his sense of humor or the lack of it?

"Can you not smoke? At least, avoid it before coming here sit next to me because let me tell you, that smell gives me one hell of a headache," he was now whispering so that the teacher wouldn't start complaining again.

Theo snorted which annoyed him because it was clear that he didn't take him seriously when he was very much bothered about the smell that was all over the boy. As he answered, he just had to ignore everything Quentin had just said.

"What about you? Still a cocksucker? A f*ggot?"

Quentin tried not to be affected by those names but they still hit him. He might have been out of the closet since he was thirteen and was never ashamed to admit that he liked boys but it still hurt that some people judged others so easily.

Luckily, the teacher told them to stop talking and Quentin ignored the boy for the rest of the class. Maybe rumors were true because as far as he knew, Theo Peterson was the biggest asshole he had ever met.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.8K 1.2K 45
Emilio always despised gay people, doing unforgivable things to them when he was in high school. The tables are turned when he falls in love with a b...
279K 10.3K 26
Charlie Holloway has great friends, good grades, a steady part-time job he actually likes, and athletic ability that makes him a star in two sports...
224 9 7
his first day at new school didn't go as well as mark planned. He's had many problem in the past, due to his sexuality. He thought they would accept...
731 13 38
[Recent Note: I'm not really proud of this story at all now, it's way too long and boring, you're free to dismiss it.] This story is heavily inspired...