My Step-Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?

79.1K 2.3K 1.2K
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

It was an hour drive. When we got there, the place was decent sized. I brought all of my stuff in, following Lilian. I went inside, and it looked really nice. The walls were decorated nicely with pastel colors, and Lilian talked to the front desk lady.

"Hello, Evanna. I'm Flora. You can come to me anytime you need."

I thanked her, and we went inside. Inside was bigger than I thought. There were kids running around, some just sitting and playing games, and some kids eating at the dining table. There were kids as young as 3, and as old as my age. I'm pretty sure this orphanage was for kids 3-15 years old. I admired the surrounding. It was pretty cool. It was homey and looked comfy. Except for the screaming kids.

"Guys! Hey!" Lilian shouted, getting the attention of everyone. They all stared at me.

"Ooh! She's pretty!" A 4 year old boy said. Okay, that melted my heart. He was adorable.

"This is Evanna. Be nice to her, okay? Talia, can you please take her to room 3G?" Lilian asked.

A girl my age came up to me, smiling. She had shoulder length, wavy pink hair, and gray/blue eyes. She was pretty. She was a little shorter than me.

"Hi, I'm Talia."

"Hello."

Stupid Evanna. Is that really how you introduce yourself? She probably thinks your weird.

Shut up, thank you.

She led me into a decent room. It had blue walls, and three beds.

"This one is yours!" Talia said, pointing to the bed in the corner.

"Thank you," I mumbled, and brought my stuff over there.

Talia sat on her bed and grinned. "So, how old are you?"

I realized that my birthday was in 2 days. "12 about to be 13."

"Cool! I'm 13."

"I like your hair," I complimented.

"Thanks," she blushed. "Oh, there's another girl, her name is Kylie. She's 11. There used to be another girl, right where you are now, but she got adopted. Lucky her."

"Oh... do you like it here?"

She chuckled. "It's nice. Lots of friends. Great food. It's fun here, but I really want to be adopted."

"How long have you been here?" I asked, not wanting to be rude or anything, but just really curious.

"My whole life. My parents didn't want me... Kylie has been here for a year."

"Oh..." I would have said something, but I didn't know what. I didn't want to say sorry because it feels like pity.

"Hey! Hi! Hello! You're new! What's your name?" A girl asked. She had short blonde hair, and green eyes. She had freckles and dimples on both cheeks.

"Evanna."

"Geez, Kylie. Calm down. You're scaring her."

"Sorry!"

After a while, we've talked more, and I stared getting comfortable being around them. I finally laughed, which felt good.

"Hey, aren't you hot in that?" Talia asked, pointing to the flannel jacket I was wearing.

"N-no. I actually catch colds very quick," I lied, even though I was hot. I've become pretty good at making up excuses. I've been doing this for a long time.

"I haven't had a cold in like 4 years!" Kylie said. "Oh.... I think I jinxed it. No!"

I smiled and Talia just rolled her eyes, "if you stay with her 24/7, she'll get annoying."

Kylie gasped, and put her hand on her heart, "You wound me, Talia."

For dinner, we all had to go down and eat. It was pizza. I didn't want to eat at first, but I haven't eaten in days. I was used to it, but Talia kept telling me to eat.

After taking a bite of my pizza, I found myself eating another slice. I guess I was hungry.

That night, I slept okay. I didn't have any nightmares like I did yesterday. It was just normal sleep. The next morning, I woke up earlier than Kylie and Talia. I started getting ready for the day. When I walked out of the bathroom, Talia was awake, hitting Kylie with a pillow.

"Wake up! I swear, this girl never wakes up."

I chuckled and walked over to my bed.

"Evanna?" Lilian asked, coming into our room. "Hey, uh, we got contact with your father. He wants to take you in. Do you want to talk to him?"

I nodded. He wants to take me in? But he cheated on my mom... ugh! Everything was complicated.

"Dad?" I asked into the phone.

"Evanna," He said. It's been so long since I heard his voice. I realized how much I missed him.

"Hey, Dad," I said, so happy that I could hear his voice.

"Do you want to come live with me?"

"Yeah," I answered. I didn't know why I answered that. Maybe because he was my dad and it seemed like the answer anyone would say. I don't know.

"I remarried. I have a family. I'm sorry about everything," Dad said, carefully choosing his words.

"It's fine, I understand," I replied. I try to be as understanding as possible, because everybody has their own situation. It would be rude to put down someone's situation for your own opinion. At least that's what I think.

"I'll pick you up today, if that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine. Oh, where are we going?"

"New York."

☆━━━━━━━━━━☆

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Really short, I know. Sorry!

Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 549 25
(For some problems I couldn't put the whole description here so please kindly check the first chapter as I am gonna upload the description as a chapt...
259K 5.4K 43
After the tragic death of her mother, Skylar is forced to move in with her 5 older brother, who she has never met before. With the new wealth, loss o...
3.2M 78.7K 44
"𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝'𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐛𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐮𝐧." ▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪...
28.9K 996 40
After being born in to an unfair world Olivia tries her best to get by with what she has. But after she learns of an unnerving secret her world begin...