(Durarara!! - Shizuo x Reader...

By Ahmelyie

COMPLETED!! Summary/Preview: (F/n), an expert assassin, was hired by Orihara Izaya to dispatch his rival sinc... More

A/N:
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 1
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 2
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 3
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 4
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 5
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 6
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 7
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 8
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 9
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 10
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 11
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 12
[Assassin's Arc] Chapter 13
A/N 2: First Transition of Arcs
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 1
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 2
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 3
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 4
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 5
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 6
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 7
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 8
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 9
IMPORTANT (not an update)
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 10
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 11
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 12
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 13
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 14
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 15
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 17
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 18
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 19
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 20
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 21
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 22
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 23
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 24
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 25
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 26
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 27
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 28
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 29
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 30
[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 31
A/N 3: Second Transition of Arcs
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 1
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 2
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 3
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 4
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 5
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 6
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 7
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 8
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 9
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 10
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 11
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 12
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 13
[Claudia's Arc] Chapter 14
A/N 4: Last Transition
Denoument - Ending - Finale - Grand Finale

[Berserker's Arc] Chapter 16

80 8 3
By Ahmelyie

[Fumi's POV]

I turned my head towards the kid to see his expression and the way he reacted to the truth is expected. He is confused and disbelieving. His eyes were wide and his mouth was shaking.

"You mean, the bandits attacking and looting our villagers are the villagers themselves?!" he exclaimed and the old lady immediately covered his mouth.

"Not too loud, my son," she said to him while gritting her teeth. "Someone will hear us outside.

"But... but... I don't understand..." he said in a soft voice, "why are the villagers harming each other?"

This is going round and round. Why am I even trying to vent my knowledge to a kid? Just because I can't be in action, I've gone so pathetic that I will beg a kid to listen to my problems? This is going to be more problematic. A kid in half-matured age... I don't know.

I sighed and muttered, "This is why I don't like speaking to 10-year old brats!" I complained, "This is becoming more problematic."

"What your attitude, Fumi!" mother scolded me, "You chose to tell him yourself, didn't you?"

"I wouldn't tell him if he didn't find me and start shouting at me!"

While I was having a little quarrel with my old lady, the kid approached me and said, "I'm am sorry to hurt you... but I'd like to hear your story, mister..."

"Why would you? Wouldn't it be better if you don't know anything?" I tried to dissuade him rather brashly.

As if he would throw a tantrum at me, he suddenly pleaded, "I want to know everything! I can't be the only one who doesn't know!"

"Right, sonny. Everyone in the village knows except the kids, and your big sis, too," mother agreed to him. I sighed and proceeded with my story.

"Well, you asked for this, so don't complain to me if it's boring or it's too much that your brain get a hold of it," I said. I was quite rude because the kid is being persistent, trying to know things out of his league. Even if he found out about, he couldn't do anything harmful because people will either not believe him or just make him shut up for good.

"You better be good in your history class for this because this is a dark history." Nonetheless, I begin to tell him the story to the extent that we, the villagers, and the bandits at the end of the hierarchy web know.

-

It all began approximately ten years ago, when the village of Archen Hannes is still functioning. They have their own connection to the nearby villages, cities, the government, the country, and the rails. They are recognized as an official middle-class village. It means that their ways of living are in the middle of urban and rural methods.

A smaller village with slightly greater population is located behind Archen Hannes. It is called the Kabuyano village. Since the train station do not reach their place, the villagers have to walk a great deal across the Archen Hannes in order to reach the train station.

In that place of seemingly poor standard students, rose five great chemists greater than the respected chemists in the capital region. Those five were the only ones recognized by the government and the Health Department due to their innovative and successful medical inventions. Their team is led by a young, handsome, dependable, smart, and competent man named Omitaka Tatsuhiko. He had absolute rule not only over his pharmaceutical team, but also over their entire laboratory. He is a man respected by many, including all of his co-villagers. The other four are loved as well. Being a part of their medical team is a dream of many girls in their village.

Omitaka Tatsuhiko is a symbol of pride. Everyone in their laboratory acknowledges him and never questions his decisions. After all, he never once failed in combating new and unidentified strains of viruses and diseases. He is referred to as the "Master Curer" by other specialists. His vaccines are something.

One day, a new and unidentified strain of virus came across Archen Hannes. The Health Department entrusted the Master Curer and his team to research on the deadly virus and come with a preventive vaccine that can save countless lives. Omitaka and his team worked diligently on the vaccine day after day, until one day, the Health Department grew impatient of the results and rushed the team.

Soon after, the new vaccine was released after the first successful attempt. It yielded excellent results. The Health Department, in cooperation with the government released the vaccine, knowing that it only passed the first attempt. Omitaka tried so hard to argue not to release the medicine right away, but the government didn't hear him out. The people of Archen Hannes are afraid of the outbreak, and the few released expensive medicines were sold out only by the villagers of Archen Hannes. Then, they immediately injected it on themselves. The news of the new strain spread out and the other villages want the vaccines.

In several weeks, Omitaka's team observed abnormalities on their lab rats' activities. Those rats and guinea pigs injected with the medicine started to have skin diseases and unquenchable thirsts before they writhe in agony. In a few hours, they vomited purple and died.

The team members immediately reported the Master Curer. Horror filled his eyes upon seeing what happened to the lab rats. He hurriedly analyzed it and found out that the dying virus used to create the vaccine is stronger than the immune system of the patients. His knees trembled and he fell on the ground at the thought of the massive panic and the countless lives it can take from Archen Hannes.

He immediately reported his findings to the Health Department, discussed with the government. To prevent the panic, they decided to disclose the information. Not long, the villagers of Archen Hannes revealed the same symptoms the lab rats had before they died.

A plague befell all of the villagers. Their relatives from other villages went to Archen Hannes and discovered what happened. After investigating the event to themselves, they concluded that the vaccine created to combat a powerful strain caused the inhabitants of Archen Hannes to perish.

The people, in order to avenge their loved ones' meaningless deaths, they revolted against the government. The politicians found one unjust way to appease the residents – to blame the fault to those who formulated the vaccine.

Without doubt, the residents' relatives themselves want the medical team to suffer. The politician, being the ones who are truly at fault for pressuring Omitaka's team and releasing an unsafe cure, washed themselves from crime. They announced the public execution of Omitaka and his team on live television, much to the people' satisfactory. They are executed using their own creation. Ten shots of vaccine to each of the four members live, and twenty shots for their leader. They died slow, painful, and agonizing deaths.

Of course, the people of Kabuyano revolted to the government to oppose the execution. However, without unity, a leader capable of commanding everyone, the police armed forces have easily driven the citizens back to their village and silent them.

After the execution, the horde of relatives appeared to be satisfied for avenging their loved ones' deaths and they returned to the different villages and cities from which they came from. Archen Hannes village is demolished, cleaned, and officially removed from the list of official villages. It was a dark history. No one goes to Archen Hannes after the incident has been cleared. The people of Kabuyano remained in their own village cowering to the government.

However, as months passed, a savior arrived. A man with similar bodily and facial features set foot at Kabuyano. He looks a lot like Omitaka, except he doesn't have the right human emotions. It is easier to say that he is cold and his reasoning is inhuman, as if he doesn't have a human heart. He introduced himself "Ayuno Komihara", the long lost half-brother of Omitaka Tatsuhiko and that he came to avenge his brother's death.

The villagers are skeptical towards him at first, but afterwards, they begin to trust him because of his performances, decisions, plans, and utter despise towards the government, the Heath Department, and the people who demanded Omitaka's execution. The villagers thought that he is the leader they need to make a powerful revolution and decided to put him on top. No matter how long it takes, and what he does, the villagers swore to him utmost loyalty and obedience.

He may have not yet led a revolution in those ten years, but the villagers have faith in him and will do everything in order to make the people who trampled on Omitaka and his team suffer to their deaths.

-

"It's a double revenge story in short, and we're just caught up in it." I looked on the brat who's about to doze off on me. "Hey listen!"

He snapped and answered. "Yessir! I know that Archen Hannes was rummaged by a plague before!"

I raised a brow at him while the old lady went outside the room to fetch us drinks and snacks. "Huh? Are you even listening? These are important people and events in history!"

"...But you haven't told me about the villagers and bandits. I'll get sleepy if I listen to all-"

"Then, if there's a need, I'll go shout at you until I finish!" I spat angrily at the brat. Like I've mentioned before, I hate speaking to 10 year old brats. My bandit colleagues won't spend time with me because I am broken and they have work. I only have either an old lady or a brat to listen to me, so I don't feel satisfied until I tell the entire story, but I will not tolerate listeners who sleep at me.

"Now, now," the lady said as she returned and gave us our snacks. She and the kid helped me sit up and she fed me. "Don't go shouting; you'll strain yourself." Then, she looked at the kid.

"Forcing yourself to listen to history must be tough," she told him, then she spoke to me, "I'll tell him the rest of the story so calm down and rest yourself."

"Ya' saved me some trouble..." I said as I sip the soup. With my wooden braces on, it's irritable to move and I feel lonely. I guess I am half happy that brat dropped by.

-

[Kimura's POV]

Aaron is rubbing his sleepy eye in order to stay awake. I admire his will to know the truth, but like my son said, the truth is too much for him. Still, I told him the rest of the story.

"Just a year ago, Ayuno Komihara resided in Archen Hannes. He made sure that the place is safe and he made some of us live here together with him," I told him. "Kabuyano is quite cramped as we increased our population and people brand us as losers."

"That is terrible!" Aaron exclaimed, pouting like he's not listening earlier at all.

"Isn't it?!" I agreed subconsciously, then I remembered that this kid is not listening to Fumi's story halfway so I asked, "How about Omitaka Tatsuhiko and Ayuno Komihara, do you know them?"

He thought hard about it as if seeking answers to the corner of his mind. "The first one is um... the scientist brutally executed live for making a dysfunctional vaccine that brought disease to Archen Hannes villagers, and the other one is... his half-brother who wanted to avenge him and lead Kabuyano people...?"

"You heard it, right!" I happily said, then told Fumi, "See, he was listening to you."

"I am," he said as he ate after shortly praying to himself. "It's just that I get a bit sleepy."

"Oi!" Fumi said and I hushed him.

"... About the villagers and bandits thing?" Aaron asked again.

"It's just a distraction ordered by Komihara. Strong men are made to do that," I said, looking at my poor son caught in a nerve wracking fight. "One of them is my poor son."

"That's an extreme kind of distraction," Aaron commented. "I thought we'd be done in since big sis is not around."

"That's not it," my son intervened. "We're ordered not to attack by our leader. But man, your sister's strength is really something! I thought I won't open my eyes anymore after I fought her."

Aaron smiled, proud of her sister. "Of course! Sister is our Protector! She has the Berserker's blood!"

Our minds went blank. My son was first to ask, "What are you talking about, kid? Berserker? Protector?"

The young one looked surprised, taken aback, disbelieving. "Huh? You don't know about the legend? Isn't it supposed to be taught to everyone?"

Fumi snorted. "Don't be silly kid; quit day dreaming."

"It's about the first man bestowed by the Gods of Nature the strength that will protect us for centuries. He berserks when faced a strong problem or a strong opponent and obliterates them," the kid explained.

"That... story sounds familiar," I said upon realization. "It is s fantasy story Ayuno Komihara created to answer the children's questions and keep them from the truth. Ayuno Komihara must also be responsible for Leena's superhuman abilities."

Aaron also tried to connect the clues. "If that is true, Ayuno Komihara-san has a connection with the big sis. However, big sis only have memories of this year. I often think that big sis is a different person because she looks way different from us, natives."

"Fumi-san, do you know where Ayuno Komihara-san lives? Even how he looks is okay to me."

"What? Don't expect us underlings to know what the higher ups are up to. We don't know how they look like, especially where they live," Fumi retorted and remembered something. "If I recall correctly, men are talking about how Ayuno Chikara's name resembles that of Ayuno Komihara's."

"That's it!" Aaron pound his fist on his palm, determined to unfold the truth with his own hands. "I've got questions and the only man to answer them is Chikara-san!"

Before he can exit, I stopped him and warned him. "Do not ask Chikara and never mention anything about what we talked about?"

"Why not? This can be my only chance to know the truth! Big sis can be in trouble," He restlessly explained.

"I understand how you feel, but you will be in danger if they found out you know about it," I told him. "They don't know that we know that much and that is why they never did anything terrible to us. Even my friend Mirae doesn't know. It may be a mistake to tell you the truth, but you can be safer if you know something. All you have to do is just keep it a secret."

"Okay..." he said, looking down at his feet, still confused.

I smiled at him. "Now, go home. Your uncle Chikara must be looking for you."

-

[Aaron's POV]

I did as I was told. I went home and never said a word about it. I casually waved at my uncle as I arrived home.

"What took you long?" he asked in a friendly manner, "You got lost in time playing at Kimura-san's place?"

"Yeah! I had lots of fun!" I exclaimed, showing him a pure happy smile.

Then, he stood up. "Since you're home, I better work at my basement. Call me if you need something," he said as he motioned to his favorite place.

I grabbed his shirt, wanting to spend time with him. "Won't you play with me?" I flashed him a cute puppy dog face.

He turned around and bent to me. "Tomorrow, we play, okay? You must be tired."

Knowing that nothing can be said better, I just nodded and watch him lock himself again. I sat on my bed and thought about many things. I may have been quite tired from listening earlier, but I got every little detail.

It is surprising to know that the Berserker Tale uncle told me was all a lie, and it is horrifying to know what past the villagers had to experience. The villagers being the bandits themselves is even more confusing, but I am worried about the big sis. She is alone in Ikebukuro. Is sis born like that? Fast and strong? If the Berserker Tale is truly fake, then what about big sis?

I tried to remember anything about my past, but it seems that I can't recall anything at all. Just like the big sis, I only have memories of this year.

I shook my head as I begin to feel it spin. Then, I remembered the pinky promise I made with Malana. First, I have to see what uncle Chikara is working on in his basement. Then, that might answer the rest of my questions. The only problem is: Will uncle let me into his basement?

I shook my head again after imagining what might happen if I try. Nonetheless, I have to be brave for Malana, for big sis, and to those who are still innocent. I mustered my courage and took the stairs down to the basement, only to confront the huge door blocking my way. As I lift my fist to knock, my fist is terribly shaking. I bit my lower lip. Will I make it?

-

[Chikara's POV]

As I locked myself inside my basement, I felt my abdomen burning. I grabbed my table and retched blood in it. I froze. This is a symptom that I am not going to last much longer. It has begun. A month is too long for me to last now. That is why I must complete my preparations and begin my movement.

I grabbed the tissue on top of my desk and wiped my blood away both on my mouth and on the desk. My basement is not a very pleasant place. It is old, unkept, and it reeks of lab rats.

As I finished cleaning myself, one of my most trusted and awaited man came. I heard him whistle a special one so I knew he is one of my men. I opened the secret door for him and let him enter.

"Ah, you came, my man," I welcomed him with a smile on my face. He is one of the higher ups I can just show my face to. He is also the head of the fugitives.

"You look well," he said to me, looking dead with his emotionless eyes. Then, I retched some more blood. Luckily, I didn't make a mess.

"Running out of time, Ayuno Komihara-sama?" he said.

"Ah, please don't call me with that name," I said to him, gesturing him to remember it. "It's Ayuno Chikara in this house, 'kay? Call me that while we're alone."

"I see. You're still fond of your two man ways," he flatly said. "How is the revolutionary invention you're talking about going? You mentioned to me the need of a pure child's blood back then. Haven't gotten it?"

"Sort of... I can't find the right timing..." I said uncomfortably.

"The old lady and the girl kid left. You have the chance to yourself to make that boy bleed-"

A loud knock came from the house door connected to the basement. I know it is Aaron so I gestured my man, Kyosuke, to hide as I entertain the kid. I sauntered to the door and opened it a little to talk to the kid. "Yes, Aaron, what's the matter?"

Aaron is fidgeting a lot and it took him a while to speak, "I feel lonely. Can I stay here? I've never once saw what you've been working on."

Thinking that this might be my long awaited chance, I didn't think twice and let him in, only to lead him to an old hospital bed. He must have been surprised I let him in and I can see he is also excited so I made things quick.

"Why is a hospital bed he-"

Just as he asked, I gestured Kyosuke to hit Aaron hard in the nape. I caught the kid as he fell and checked if he's unconscious before I lay him on top of the hospital bed.

Kyosuke came out of his hiding place and dusted his shirt.

"Well done, Kyosuke-kun," I applauded him. "Now, help me get his blood for our project, all of it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.5K 23
This takes place around the same time as the Durarara but after the main plot... I'm guessing it is an AU... Kaya Ryugamine, adopted sister of Mikad...
36.4K 652 31
Selective members of class A gets invited to Shikoku island south of Japan. To focus on hero training by helping and protecting the islanders living...
49.7K 2.1K 16
*******Completed******** After some "unknown" incidents, Izaya Orihara forgets himself, the people around him, and his relationships. Although he has...
2.3K 87 28
With Izaya finally dead at the hands of Shizuo, he's left a ghost that's stuck haunting his murderer. All the while he watches as Shizuo spirals into...