Tainted Souls {Damon Salvator...

By hogwartsmylife

Lyanna Gilbert, cousin of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, moves in with Aunt Jenna along with Elena and Jermey. Sta... More

Cast+Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Finale
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Finale
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-Finale

Chapter 34

2.2K 42 5
By hogwartsmylife

34| The End Of The Affair

I looked at Elena and tried to comprehend what she had told me just now.

"So your saying you knew the truth about Damon this whole time and didn't bother to let me know that he liked you?! Elena!" Elena frowns a little bit and I sighted.

"He used to like me Lyla, but he loves you. I've seen what he's done just to find you, just to love you. Yes, it's true his ways are gruesome but you can change him Lyla. I've seen it." I rubbed my face and sighted. Im honestly gonna consider this to be the worst time to see my sister.

"Honestly.....why didn't you tell me? At least I would've known the truth!" I exclaimed, as I chugged down some water.

"If I had told you, would you have fallen for Damon Salvatore?" I shake my head and Elena smirks,"Exactly. Lyanna I know you better than anyone and I know when you came to Mystic Falls you didn't want to be in love or involved in anything that had to do with romance, but you met Damon and he sort of changed that one thing about you that you didn't want. You have to give him a chance without even giving him a hard time, you must give him a true chance," I tired to protest but Elena shakes her head and pulls up her finger,"Bup-Bup-Bup! I don't want to hear it. I know you and you'll deny anything but you love him Lyanna and you should be fine with the fact that you love him. Embrace it now." I sighted and looked at Elena before hugging her.

"You always knew more advice on romance than anyone else I've known." Elena smiles and then there was a sudden bright light. I stood up and hugged Elena once more.

"Go Lyla, there's a life waiting for you. Go and be adventurous! I'll be watching over you my sweet sister." I let a tear slip down my face and stepped into the light that I had walked towards.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head." I heard a voice saying and I shake my head a little bit. Damon is lying on the bed beside me with his hands behind his head. My  head is on his chest. I suddenly wake up and sits up in bed, surprised.

"Aah! What are you doing?! Get out! Damon, what the hell!"

"You know you were dreaming about me. Explains the drool." He grins, pointing towards a spot on his black shirt. I looked at him in a groggily morning look, which is 50% disgusted by my drool.

"Ugh. Oh, my God. You wish!" Well I was talking to my dead sister through the teddy bear about you Damon, and the bear was now at the end of my foot on the edge of the bed. I looked over my alarm clock and groaned,"Six a.m. Seriously? Do you really have nothing better to do at six a.m.?" Damon gets off my bed and starts to head towards the door, hinting to leave.

"Fine, don't come with me to bring Stefan home. See ya." Wait what? No no no! I wanna come! I stood up and closed the door before Damon could get out.

"Wait. Wait, wait, wait. What? What are you talking about? Where is he?"

"Windy city."

"He's in Chicago? Well, how do you know?" I crossed my arms and glare at him. I think I'm making it a habit to cross my arm and glare at Damon. It's all I've been finding myself doing to him lately, glaring and crossing at him a lot more often than I should be doing it.

"It came to me in a dream. I was naked. You would have loved it. Start packing." I glared at him and grabbed one of my bags and started adding random clothes into it. That cheeky thing was grinning, cheeky bastard.

"Is he okay at least?" I asked grabbing my bag and placed the teddy inside. It only works at night if I touch it and not during the day, so I'm fine when I place it anywhere.

"Well, let's just say he's not there to meet Oprah."
He opens one of my drawers and takes a pair of my sexy underwear. It was red and I had them once for my ex....well he gave them to me but that's besides the point! I walked over to him and see him holding up my sex underwear and no I didn't wear those when we had sex, I was wearing my granny panties.....ok not that anyone needed to know that,"Ooh. Put these in the "yes" pile." I walk over to Damon behind him and takes it from his hands and puts it back in the drawer, rolling my eyes at his childish behavior.

"You can wait downstairs. I'm sure Alaric would gladly make you coffee with bourbon inside of it, unless you've fed." I take off my top in my closet and I could feel Damon was still in the bedroom.

"I haven't fed just yet, but I've had my own coffee of fair share." I put on a white shirt and a brown leather jacket with skinny jeans, my hair up in a messy bun and make up free plus the sneakers.

"Okay. Well you can wait downstairs for me Damon." Damon inhales sharply and looks at me as I cane out of the closet.

"Actually there's something I've been wanting to mention to you, I just don't know when I'd have another chance to tell you." I looked at Damon and nod my head.

"Uh, yeah sure. What's up?" I lean against the wall and looked at Damon. His body language, he wants to deliver some bad news or something.

"I think that maybe I'm being too fast on you....that maybe why we've been struggling to cope together is because we're moving too fast." I nod my head and sigh.

"I've been feeling that way as well Damon. I just think that we're better off as friends," I saw the way his face dropped for a moment and then coldness appears in his eyes,"Unless you don't feel the same way then?" I couldn't really know what to say. Question or not. I mean at the moment things are shaky between us, working together to get Stefan back really put a troll on well whatever we are.

"No, no. I think it's for the best either way." I nod my head and grab my bag. Damon leaves my bedroom and I sighted, making my way down the stairs holding my bag and lettting it go down with a thump on the floor. I saw Damon resting his ass on the couch and I glared at him, putting a hand on my hip.

"You has time to rest your ass but didn't have time to  help me with my bag? That's heavy? Do I even have to mention it?" Damon shrugs and stands up.

"You didn't have to pack like we're taking a trip to Vegas, which by the way we're not." No shit, Mr. Obvious. Damon takes my bag and I walked into the kitchen and saw Jermey smirking at me. I grabbed a water bottle from the drive as Alaric subtly tried to pour alcohol into his coffee.

"Where are you going Lyla? On a pre- Senior High School Honeymoon?" I glance at Jermey and Alaric nods his head.

"Don't tease your sister, I think Damon has a lead on where Stefan and Klaus might be." Jermey shrugs his shoulders and passed me. I feel like he's slipping through my fingers without knowing so.

"And I hope to God that the location is correct because if not....I may strangle him in his sleep." Damon come into the kitchen and smirks.

"Or I may just turn you into a vampire." I mocked a laugh.

"Ha ha ha. Very funny Damon." Damon grabs himself the bourbon bottle and leave without saying anything. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my water bottle and sighted at Alaric,"You'll be ok, Jermey too?" Alaric nods his head and sips on the so called coffee in his mug. I nod my head and slowly get out of the house, before getting into Damon's car, I looked back before getting into Damon's car.

———-
I looked out the window and sighed, watching every grass and tree we're passing. Currently Damon was driving towards Chicago and we're on the highway.

"I sure hope we find him, 'cause it would suck if the last memento of Stefan was that crappy old bracelet." I touched my bracelet and sighted.

"Can't you at least be nice to your brother for once? He risked his life to bring you the cure, just be nice when your talking about him, besides it's an antique, Damon. Like you." Damon grabs something out from the back seat and hands it to me. I looked at it, it had a brown leather cover and I gasped.

"Read this. Paints a pretty little picture of Stefan's first experience in Chicago." Damon grins and I looked at him.

"This is Stefan's diary. I'm not going to invade his private thoughts. Just like I used to do with Elena when she hid her diary."

"You need to be prepared for what you're about to see."

I didn't say anything, instead shaking my head refusing to take the diary. He opens the diary and places it in front of the steering wheel.

"Here's one. March 12, 1922," He starts reading, changing his voice,"I've blacked out days. I wake up in strangers' blood. In places I don't recognize. With women I don't remember."He looks at me with a faked shocked expression on his face,"Ahh! I'm shocked! Stefan's not a virgin?" I glared at him and rolled my eyes.

"Gee Damon, you'd make a great comedian....maybe never," I take the diary form his hands,"Eyes on the road, Grandpa."

"Fine. Back to my game. Tell me if you see a Florida plate."

Damon hands me the diary and I opened the diary up and started to read a page. After a while I laid the diary down, not wanting to read any further and laid my feet on the car, but the glove compartment opens and Damon looks at me. I shrugged my shoulders and resumed to reading the diary.
————-
We arrived in Chicago and I can't say I didn't like the city. We happened to be walking inside a hall of a building of apartments.

"Stefan could live anywhere in Chicago and he chose this? It's seems a bit dangerous..."

"Well that was Ripper Stefan when he used this apartment besides there used to be an all-girls high school around the corner, but it shut down for attendance issues. Weird." I glared at Damon and I just wasn't in the mood of his stupid sarcasm joke. I just wanted to see Stefan and try to convince him to come home with us. That's the only reasons why we're even here in the first place.

"If you're trying to scare me into giving up and going back, it's not going to work." Damon puts his index finger to his lips in a motion to keep quiet and I only sent him glares even more.

"Shh." Damon breaks the lock and opens the door. He walks in and I walked in, causing our bags to be placed on the bed,"Here we are. Stefan's second personality home." We looked around

"He obviously hasn't been here."

"Tour is not over yet."

He goes toward a wall shelf panel next to the refrigerator, puts his hand to the edge of the panel and pulls. The panel swivels open to reveal a dark back room. Damon motions to it, walks inside, and pulls a light cord. The light reveals there's a lot of alcohol on shelves against the back wall.

Elena: Stefan hid his alcohol. What a monster.

"Look harder." I moved closer and sees a list of names, starting with Giuseppe Salvatore, John Beach, Randy Smith, Danah Leach, Terrilyn Henson, Catherine Marid, Matthew Wagner, Michael Reddinton, Christian David, Dianne Wagner, Ashley Holliday.

"It's a list of names." I said, touching my hands over the cravings.

Damon: Mm-hmm.

"These are all of his victims? From his ripper days?"
The names are written in three columns and are about a hundred in number. Damon looks at me as I intensely stare at the names.

"Still handling it?" I seemed momentarily shocked, then turns around and speaks to Damon.

"What were you doing in the 1920s? Paving the way for women's liberation?" Payback is a bad bitch and baby I'm the baddest.

"I was around. Chicago's a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own." I looked at Damon disgusted. Damon leaves the room and I follow him.

"Where are you going?" I crossed my arms and Damon turns around and looks at me.

"His old stomping ground." Damon puts on his jacket and I tried to grab mine but he takes my jacket away from my reach.

"I'm coming with you." I stayed and

"No. You stay here and whip up an actual plan. I'll come back when I find him." I glared at him.

"We're supposed to be working together Damon. There's a chance that Stefan may listen to me. It's a small chance but it's possible. And by the way, this whole looking for Stefan thing is actually my plan Damon, you just came up with the road trip."

Damon shakes his head and throws my jacket on the bed. He leaves the apartment and I sighted out in boredom. I glanced down at Stefan's diary and took it, making myself comfortable on the bed and started rather reading it myself.

April, 1922. Lexi found me last night. Dragged me off the train tracks. Thinks she can make me care again.
June, 1924. Lexi's driving me crazy. More animal blood, more misery.
1935. Cravings are there, but it's easier. Lexi's on to her next project: getting me to laugh.

I smiled as I turned each page. Stefan has gone through things that we all intensely regret doing in the past. I know I do. I heard a noise coming out from outside the door and it didn't sound like Damon's voice at all. I grabbed Stefan's diary and my jacket, hiding the bag somewhere, and quickly went into the hidden room where Damon showed me earlier.

"What a charming little homestead. Do you feel that? Is anybody here?" Klaus, he's here? My heart beats quickly and I had a worried look on my face. If Klaus knows I'm alive and somehow I'm alive, he would kill me in this moment.

"It's been vacant for decades. People must break in all the time. Why'd you bring me here?"

"Your friend, Liam Grant, the one who drank his wife's blood...I never could figure out why you wanted his name. And then you told me your little secret. It was all part of your special little ritual."
I looked over at the list and sees Liam Grant's name on the wall.

"To write it down."

"And relive the kill...over and over again."
Klaus opens the hidden door and I tried my best not to make any noise,"You believe me now?"

[Stefan enters the closet to see the list. He turns his head and is surprised to see me standing here. I looked at him with hope and tried to smile a little bit. Stefan stands motionless looking at me. Klaus walks back into the apartment.

"Look what I found." I looked at Stefan and my mind was creating all sorts of scenarios, but Stefan takes a bottle and gives it to Klaus and I let my nerves steady.

"1918. Single malt." Stefan stands in the doorway of the secret room.

"My favorite. Let's go and find someone to pair it with." Stefan looks at me once more and closes the closet behind him.

Thank you Stefan. So much.
————

I hid behind a desk, with a vervain dart in my hand. I heard someone coming but as soon as I was gonna attack, I saw the black boots immediately and placed down my weapon.

"Finally, I called you an hour ago Damon." I said, standing up and brushing the dirt off my jeans. Damon drops the bag on his hand and walks over to me, engulfing me in a hug.

"Are you ok? Did he hurt you? Did Klaus find out Lyanna?" I shake my head as his hands cups my face, Damon sighs and kisses me on the forehead, lingering there for a moment, before having us lay in the bed.

"Did you find anything or have you wasted an hour for nothing?" Damon looks at me and sits up, motioning towards the bag.

"You should wear the clothes I got you. You smell a bit and you didn't pack what I got you." I sat up in the bed and nod my head.

"So you do know where's Stefan then?" Damon gets off the bed and I look at the bag in his hand.

"I had an hour to realize what a bad idea it was to leave you here alone, process it, and move on. Are you sure you're okay?" I nod my head and he gives me the bag.

"So you know where he's going to be?"

"Yes, with Klaus. So I'll distract Klaus and you deal with Stefan."

"Okay. Thank you."

"But you're going to have about five minutes tops before that hybrid freak rips my heart out. So please, tell me you can do this."

"I can do this."

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this completely.
————-

Damon pulls up to a bar and looks at me, before getting out. As soon he reached inside the bar, I got out of the car and walked to the side of the car, waiting for Stefan to come out.

It was obvious I was scared and terrified. I haven't seen Stefan for months, excerpt in the hidden room, and now.....it's kind of scary a bit.

"You shouldn't be here." I snapped Gn head off the ground and looked at Stefan. He looked well but he seemed horrified at the thought of me being here.

"Where else would I be Stefan?"

"What do you want? Damon won't be able to distract Klaus for long." I moved closer to Stefan and sighted.

"Come home." I embrace him and is about to stake him in the back with a vervain dart but suddenly Stefan spins around and grabs my arm, hard.

"How much clearer can I make it?" I feebly drop the dart on the ground and wince in pain due to Stefan's strength,"I don't want to come home!" Stefan let's go of my arm and I looked down at my, now, bruised arm. After we calmed down and mainly it's Stefan, we talked a bit more,"Klaus is obsessed with siring these hybrids. The second he knows you're alive, he'll figure out why it's not working."

"Look, I know you're trying to protect me, but I can't let you do it. Come with me, Stefan, please.

"And what do you expect if I do? Huh? It's never going to be the same, Lyanna. Elena's dead, nothing ever going to be the same."

"I know that. You don't think I know that?! She was my sister for God's sake!"

"I don't think you do. I've left bodies scattered from Florida to Tennessee. Innocent people. Humans."

"Lexi found you like this before. In the twenties, and...and she saved you." I muttered.

"And you know what I did after that? I spent thirty years trying to pull myself together. To a vampire, that's nothing. To you? That's half your life."

"I can't give up on you, Stefan, Elena wouldn't have gave up on you."

"Yes, you can. It's done. That part of my life is done. I don't want to see you. I don't want to be your big brother that you look up to. I just want you to go."

Stefan leaves the parking lot and I went into Damon's car and grabbed my jacket, placing it around my body, I don't need Damon finding out Stefan hurt me now, even if it means wearing long sleeves in the summer that's fine with me but Damon cannot know about this, ever. I glanced down at my bracelet that hung around my wrist on my jacket and looked out the window.

Damon came in and looked at me concerned, he was leaning to kiss my cheek but I turn aha my head and shake my head.

"Just drive Damon, please." Damon started the engine and took us back home.

I'll never forget this Stefan. Elena would've been disappointed in you completely.
***********
Soooooo.......that happened. Hopefully Elena will appear towards the end of the next chapter. I was slowly trying to make sure that everything was okay but obviously when I finish school or every summer I'm going to try and edit it all once I complete this book.

So Stefan hurts Lyla and I don't just mean physically but emotionally. She basically thinks of what Elena would've done if she was alive. They don't happen to be talking about Stefan much when Lyla visits Elena in her sleep cuz at this point Elena is basically dead and she wants to hear everything going on with Lyanna and Damon, so basically their ideas of talking comes up along the way. Sure they talk about Stefan a bit but y'all don't see it. Umm basically now Lyanna and Damon are just 'friends' but their friends can tense the tension of romance between these two no matter how hard they try to be friends it's literally impossible.

So, College, it's gonna be hard for me to update as much as I'd love to. So right now I'm thinking in between like to update twice a month, because my education is important to me & I need to focus on my classes as well. I'm still learning my way around the campus and meeting new people. And then I go home, eat, study & repeat. So basically the updates will be slow, I'm sorry if it'll cut down to once a month but try to understand that College isn't like High School and that my studies are important to me.

Other than that as usual,
Comment, Rate, & Vote! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 4.7K 28
"Baby I know places, we won't be found. And they'll be chasing their tails trying to track us down." [Season 3a&3b] Lone Book in the Bliss Finnstock...
710K 27.1K 45
"𝚒 𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚑𝚎𝚕𝚙 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚢𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏 𝚒 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚏𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝚒 𝚋𝚎𝚐𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚜�...
121K 2.4K 32
Maya Lockwood is the opposite of normal. She is friends with werewolves and vampires and deals with the ups and downs of their crazy lives on a daily...
314K 5.9K 23
BOOK 1 : The Goddess of Wisdom Series - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - It was all new for her. For him, It was going over the same pain Again. = = = =...