Just Like Porcelain

By Poolparty34

My body went cold and everything slowed down. They say that your life flashes before your eyes, but all that... More

Chapter 2 :Please stay
Chapter 3:Broken inside
Chapter 4:Home Sweet Home
Chapter 5:I'm here for you
Chapter 6:The peace never lasts
Chapter 7:Not as bad as it seems
Chapter 8:Murderer in the house
Chapter 9:Don't smile
Chapter 10:It's only a theory

Chapter 1:The End Starts With A Bang

224 6 10
By Poolparty34

Okay here is my second book on Wattpad. Hopefully it will be a lot better than my first. :)

This chapter is dedicated to my best friend! She's truly amazing! She's always there for me and can make me smile when I never want to. She's weird, wild, sweet, hilarious, and I love her! She's has many, many books on Wattpad and they are all amazing. You should definetely check them out!:) So do enjoy.

 On the side is Juliette!

Chapter 1

The End Starts With a Bang

 "How about this one?" I question, turning around to ask my best friend Juliette. I'm standing in what looks like tornado alley, right after a storm. There are clothes, accessories and shoes thrown across the room. Almost every inch of this room is occupied with clothing or accesories. The only clear parts of the room, is where I'm standing, in the middle of the room and where Juliette is currently sitting, on my bed.

Juliette turns her head up, away from the Vogue magazine she is reading. Her blond hair falls into her face. She automatically crinkles her nose. "I'm sorry Abi but, that...thing makes you look like a hobo. Yeah, a hobo."

I turn to the mirror in horror and couldn’t help but agree with my friend. "Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I ever even bought this dress."

Okay, you are probably thinking Juliette is a total bitch but, in reality she's a real sweetheart with a huge sarcastic and joking side. I love her to infinite and beyond. She's my other half, the sister I never had. We've been best friends since we were six.

"I'm not sure either. Maybe it was really cheap and bought it because you could. You definitely didn’t try it on."She smirks. I can tell by her eyes, she thinks this whole, ‘me in an ugly dress’ situation is highly amusing. “Unless your fashion senses have gone way down the drain.”

I roll my light blue eyes and sarcastically reply. "Yeah, that sounds about right,"

Juliette gets up and places her magazine on the bed. She starts to walk through the disaster zone, every once and awhile bending down and shuffling through a pile of clothes.

"Ugh! Why does getting ready for a party have to be so damn hard!" I sigh, pulling on my dirty blond hair. I'm getting more and more frustrated by the second. We’d been at this for two hours already! Two hours! And we haven't  found an outfit for Juliette or me.

"Not sure hun. We are girls, so stuff is a lot more complicated for us."

"It's so not fair!" I whine.

"You're sounding like you're two again," Juliette jokes, turning to me to give me a wink. I stick my tongue out at her.

"You're such a bitch!"

"But you love me that way!" She giggles, throwing me another wink.

"You bet!" I smile, loving how easy it is to go from insulting each other to saying we love each other. It's one of the reasons why I adore our friendship. No insults are ever taken seriously. 

I plunk down on my bed giving up on the idea that we would ever find me an outfit for  me tonight.

"Oi!" Juliette lets out a small, shrill scream.

"What?" I sit straight up, crossing my fingers that she has found something.

"Try. This. On. Now!" She shoves a black lacy dress into my hands. The material was soft and silky. 

"Okay, okay. Calm down!" I laugh at Juliette, the overexcited. I turn my back to her and strip down to put the dress on. The dress is easy to put on since I just only have to slip it over my head. I pull down on the ends of the dress to even it out. 

"Okay how do I look?" I question, turning around.

"You look gorgeous! This is why I’m jealous of you!" She smiles. "With your red pumps, smoky makeup and slightly curled hair every guy is going to have their eyes stuck on you."

"I seriously look good?" I ask, a hopeful smile appearing on my face.

"Hell yeah! Stop underestimating your beauty."

I smile as a light blush rises up on my cheeks. "We better get started since we only have an hour and a half and we still have to get  you ready!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Damn, we look fine," I smile. It's an hour and a half later and we're both standing beside each other, looking into my mirror.

"Hell yeah! We look smokin’," Juliette says, giving her reflection a kiss. I roll my eyes at her.

I'm in the black lacy dress, red pumps, smoky makeup, and slightly curled hair. Juliette has a hot pink shoulder dress on with a black belt. She has black strappy shoes on. Her blond hair is dead straight and like me she has smoky makeup on.

"Well then lets hit the road." I sing, grabbing the keys to my car. We walk out the door and into my Audi A6. Juliette cranks the music up so high that I'm positive the whole neighborhood can hear it.

"You really want to make every person in this neighborhood know what music we're listening to?" I laugh, looking over at my friend, who's currently dancing in her seat.

"Why not? Tonight we're going to show the world what we're made of!" She fist pumps the air. I laugh again, that's my Juliette.

"Go-Go-Go-Go Go insane, go insane! Throw some glitter, make it rain!" Juliette sings along to the radio. I join in right with her.

 "Let me see them hands, let me, let me see them hands!"

We turn onto a new street and I can automatically tell that this is the street where the house party is on. There are cars parked almost everywhere and there's music blasting from a house down the road. I find a parking space at the end of the street. Juliette and I get out of the car. Juliette does a little stretch, prepping herself for the craziness of the party.

“Shame we have to walk so far in these heels,” I groan, wishing there was a parking spot closer to the house. I'm not a fan of walking, and heels do not add to my joy. Juliette nods her head in agreement.

 We give each other a knowing look and start our walk to the door. We walk down the road, up the pathway and to the door, swaying our hips. We open the front door and walk in. Juliette was right, every guy was looking our way. 

I smirk. We definitely look good. Juliette and I look at each other, the look that says "See you later." Juliette winka and blows me a kiss before heading off to the bar to get herself a drink. I push my hair behind my ears, take a deep breath, place a smirk on my face, then walk up to a random guy and pull him to the dance floor. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan as I lean against the wall, my feet are in pure agony. I'm dying to take my shoes off and throw them out the window. I had just stopped dancing a couple minutes ago, when I started thinking that my feet were going to fall off. I bend down to my feet and slip my shoes off. There's instant relief as I place my bare feet on the cool floor. 

I look towards the doorway and I can see into the other room. A crowd of people are surrounding a table, where two girls are stumbling around on, singing drunkenly and laughing hysterically every once and awhile. I smirk at them, they are so wasted. 

I lean my head against the wall and sigh. I wish I could be going all out but, I promised that I would drive home tonight and there is no way in hell that I would risk Juliette and my life, just for a night of fun. I hear a thump beside me, someone has joined me. I open my eyes lazily and roll my head over to see who it is.

I look straight into the eyes of a boy. His emerald green eyes are staring at me, questioningly. His chestnut brown hair is messy, but in a hot way. His slightly muscled arms are crossed and his eyebrows are arched.

“What’s a lovely lady like yourself doing over here by herself?” He asks, a smile playing at his lips. I look at him and then down at my feet and shoes, making my hair cascade into my face.

“My feet were killing me,” I say. “They were about to fall off.”

“I’ve heard high heels are a killer,” He smiles, flipping his hair out of his eyes.

“You have no idea,” I laugh easily at him. We lapse into a period of awkward silence. My head spinning with sentences. What should I say? I’ve always been terrible at conversation starters. 

“Want something to drink?” The mystery guy asks. I turn my gaze and attention back to him.

“Sure,” I smile. I bend down to pick up my shoes and then get back up to follow him. Maybe I'll have some fun with this!

Following the guy, I twist my way through the crowd of mainly drunk people. Every once and awhile I  look around to see if I can spot Juliette. I haven't seen her since we walked in the door. I'm not worried though, whenever we come to parties we always lose track of each other.

I turn into the kitchen area, there isn’t much action going on here, which is nice. I can finally take a breather without anyone cramming up against me. I turn towards the fridge where the guy I’ve been following is standing. I start walking over towards him but, me being the klutz, I trip over someone's shoe and fall straight on my face. I lay on the floor, dead embarrassed, my cheeks burning. Why did I have to make a fool out of myself in front of a cute guy?

“I thought the guy was supposed to catch the falling girl,” I mumble, my face still on the floor. I hear a chuckle from above.

“I guess I’m not a gentleman after all.”

“Definitely not.” We stay silent for a bit. Me still sprawled out on the ground. “Aren’t you at least going to help me up?”

“Right I guess that would be nice,” He replies. I hear footsteps come my way and then a hand is tugging on my arm, pulling me up. I pull myself up with him and I'm soon on my two feet again.

“Sorry about...uh, that. I just left you there,” He says while rubbing the back of his head anxiously. I give him a reassuring smile.

“It’s okay. You gave me time to think.”

“About?”

“The deteriorating standards of humans,” I smirk up at him. He lets out a soft laugh, a shy smile spreding across his face.

“Maybe we should start over.” He sticks his hand out. “Hi, I’m Drew,” I put my hand out and shake his firm hand.

“I’m Abigale! Nice to meet you Drew,” I smile shyly. 

“Let me ask you something real simple. What’s your favorite colour?” Drew asks, putting his hand back to his side.

For the next hour Drew and I talk, leaned up against the kitchen counter. Drew is really nice. He has an easy going attitude that draws you to him like a magnet. By the middle of our conversation I felt like I’d known him longer than an hour. 

"Hey, why don't you give me your number?" I ask, a nervous smile playing on my lips. 

"Sure," he smiles back. He grabs a piece of paper off the counter, pulls a pen out of his back pocket and writes down his digits.

"Here you go," he smiles, handing me the paper.

"Thanks." I say. I close it in my hand, and I look back up at him, my blue eyes catching his. 

For a moment, we stare into each others eyes. He takes a small step towards me, his gaze never breaking. He cups my face between his hands and slowly brings his face closer to mine. My eyes flutter shut and my lips pucker. His lips are right above mine, his warm breath on my face. Just as our lips are about to touch, someone jumps onto my back making me stumble backwards. 

Once I catch my balance, I spin around to come face to face with Juliette.

"What the hell Juli?" I yell, my heart beat still going from Juliette’s attack and the almost kiss.

“I’m bored!” She sings loudly, putting an emphasis on bored. “I want to go home. Now!” 

I glare at her as she pouts at me. I put my hands on my hips and say “What if I’m not ready to go home?”

She looks confused for a moment before a look of uncertain comprehension draws onto her face. “But I’m your best friend and I’m tired!”

I sigh loudly. It's probably better if I get her home before she gets even more wasted. "Fine, we'll go home." 

Juliette pushs herself past me, heading for the door. I mouth a sorry to Drew. He shakes his head as if saying it’s no big deal, then mouths a call me. I give him the thumbs up and then march off towards Juliette. 

I catch up to Juliette and then take her by the arm, so she wouldn’t trapeze away. I push open the front door and walk out into the humid air and to my car. I push her into the passenger seat, buckl her in and drive off.

It's silent for a couple of minutes while Juliette presses her face up against the window. Every once and awhile she makes gasping sounds as if fascinated by the houses and cars that we pass. 

She eventually turns her head away and starts singing a song about a monkey who once stole her apple pie. I can’t help but laugh a little, wishing I was able to film this. I can’t wait to make fun of her tomorrow. 

"Juli, why don’t you calm down a bit," I laugh, patting her leg with my hand.

"Party pooper!" She pouts and crosses her arms, glaring at the ground.

We once again lapse into silence, but no long after, Juliette starts rambling about something I can’t make out, probably her new, drunk secret language. I shake my head. Juliette is such a weird drunk. 

“Come on Llamas! You can do it! Get away from those evil alpacas! Run, my precious ones,” Juliette screams, her first comprehensible sentence. I swerve the car, startled by her scream, but right away get the car back into the proper lane. I start to laugh all over again. I turn to look at her and tell her to shut the hell up.

My eyes glance at her but, something outside the window catches my eye. A black sedan is slowly closing in on use. I freeze and my breath catches in my throat. All I do is let out a sharp gasp, hoping this is a dream.

Thank you for reading! :) Means a lot!

Hoped you enjoyed.

Vote, comment, fan! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

519 91 17
"911 what's your emergency?" "My name is Juliette and my sister has had a drug overdose." *********** She wears strength and darkness equally well, T...
1.2K 10 37
Haley is like every other girl. She has family problems, confusing guy drama, and a best friend to help her fight the world. But when Haley is involv...
207K 8.7K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
1.7M 113K 45
{Highest Ranking: #1 in Short Story} Liam Walker's life changes drastically when he watches his best friend Allison Parker get hit by a car. The inj...