Cowardly Warrior | Taehyung ✔

By drawfavs

She broke many hearts, but only fell for one man - Kim Taehyung. But would he even want to be with her after... More

Royals
Friends
Time of my Life
Truth
Hobi
Ways of the Warrior
Makeup
Advice
The Duel
Promise
Letter
Erden
Identity
Joon
Killer
Plan
Drugs
Message
The Cheater
Annoucement
Cousin
Ball
Who Are You?
Classism
Border
Collar
Sunset
Gossip
Balcony
Night
Rage
Tree
Lies
Equal
Reveal
Reputation
Perform
Problems
Vigilante
Deal
Smile
Envy
Fictional
Maze
Risk
Charming
Black Swan
Water
Candle
Money
Tracks
Stolen
Choice
Cage
Expensive
Nightfall
Honest
Kingdom
King
Within
Thunder
Power
Nation
Crown
Traitor
Different
Destiny
Change

Bookshelf

1.7K 136 16
By drawfavs

"The Warrior?" I pretend to not know what Joon means but I obviously knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Yes, The Warrior! I remember you in that marketplace square when you defeated that royal.. what's his name.. oh yes, Chim! I recognized your fighting style," Joon explains, gesturing with his hands.

     Chim... I wonder where that bullying rascal has been up to? It feels strange that Joon is pointing out someone from my past that used to be so significant but I barely have thought about in years.

      I don't even deny that it's me he's talking about. "B-but how do you remember? That was over seven years ago?" I'm bewildered.

    Joon grins. "You protected my cousin. I was too afraid to step in but you saved his life. Thank you so much." He bows and sits on one knee, with his head facing the ground.

    So the poor village boy that was wrongfully accused of stealing... was Joon's cousin? This world was so way too small.

     "It was no big deal..." I shyly replied.

     "It was. I'm in debt to you. And I've been hearing about you for a long time. It's my pleasure to finally speak to you."

      I was confused. "Wait, you heard about me? People talked about me?" I point to myself.

Joon chuckles. "Talked about you? More like they're still talking about you. Since that day you defeated that royal bully Chim, your name The Warrior became renowned around the kingdom. People wondered where you went and if you were still around, but I finally recognized you."

I was stunned with what he said. I had no idea people still cared and talked about that one act of bravery I did seven years ago.

"So how do people refer me? Like in a bad way or good way?" I asked, trying my best not to sound that desperate or curious. But I failed because I was very desperate and curious.

Joon smiles cheekily. "In a lejindary way. I've heard about you from so many people . You're a real hero amongst kids."

I grin, a bit proud of my past. "Thank you so much for telling me this. Well, have a good day," I bow and wave to him. I turn away but he stops me.

"Wait, Aman don't leave yet!" Joon stops me.

I turn back around, my eyes widen twice their size. "How do you know I'm Aman? What sort of genius are you?" First, he recognized me as The Warrior and then immediately my other identity, Aman? Was he gonna find out that my real name is Amira and my real gender, too?

Joon chuckles. "I'm flattered you think I'm smart, but your scarf has lowered and I can see your entire face. So yeah I recognized you again."

My face flushes. I have to be more careful about my scarf especially since it gets loose and lowered very easily.

I nervously laugh. "Well please don't tell anybody."

Joon nods. "Fine, I won't. But you have to come with me."

I roll my eyes but comply. If Joon leads me to an unknown area, I'll ditch immediately.

I follow him until we reach his father's shop.

    "Well what the hell are we doing here?" I ask.

      Joon asks, "Do you mind waiting here for a few hours while I make something in the back room?"

     Chinua was staying really late at the women's academy so we had a few extra hours to spare before I needed to head back. I cross my arms. "Fine. But give me something to do so I won't be bored."

    Joon scratches the back of his head. "Well we got a bunch of game toys, instruments, books..."

     My heart flutters immediately upon hearing the word "books". In the palace, I was very limited with what I was allowed to read and know about. I had to sneak novels from my parents and as I got older, it was harder to do so.

     "Can I see the books you got?" I enthusiastically asked.

    "Sure, but you know how to read?" Joon raises his eyebrow.

     Joon still thought I was poor and uneducated, like I told everyone else. Quick, Amira. Think of a good lie! "I have some rich friends. They took pity and taught me," I explained.

     Joon nods. "Every minute with you, I learn something else obscure... well anyways, we have quite a selection." He points to a small room with a bookshelf.

     My eyes scan the giant bookshelf. There were a huge array of books about sewing, cooking, drawing, pictures, history, fiction, science... I finally picked a book about herbs and what to apply for certain ailments. I was really bad at identifying herbs but I wanted to improve.

For hours, I switched reading between the different books. I was in the middle of an erotic romance novel, when Joon walks into the room.

"What ya got there, Aman?" Joon snorts.

I look up and my face blushes. "N-nothing..."

He snatches the book from me. "His hand slipped underneath her robe, feeling her feminine charms... the heck are you reading?"

I point at him. "Hey it's your book! I found it on your shelf, Joon."

Now it was Joon's turn to be embarrassed. "Alright alright. Anyways, I've finally made it," He reveals.

"Made what, exactly?" My curiosity was increasing with each second, forgetting the humiliating moment from seconds ago.

"This." From his back, one of his hands reveals a beautiful black cloth. He gives me the cloth, and I immediately identify what it is.

        "It's a mask," I run my fingers along the gorgeously crafted detail.

      Joon nods. "I made this especially for you. This mask has several ways to knot so it will be tight but not suffocating and will definitely not slip off. Unlike your scarf..."

      I'm embarrassed but put on the mask anyways. It takes me about fifteen seconds and I'm able to tie it. Most comfortable mask I've ever put on. I look in the mirror besides the shelf, and it flawlessly covers half my face. And it's was very stylish, too.

     "It's really exquisite and unique... but why would you do this for me?" I question his generosity.

     "Like I told you, you saved my cousin and me, I was indebted to you and no debt goes unpaid. I think this mask will be great to use when you defend the poor," he explains.

     I nod slowly but I'm puzzled. "H-how do you know I've saved people before? Besides you and your cousin."

    "Like I also told you, many people have been talking about The Warrior since the day you defeated the bully royal in the market place. There were a few civilians that suspected you were back this year, because bystanders described a masked person defending random people on the street. And you saved me and I immediately identified you."

    I'm amazed by his intelligence on figuring the truth of one of my identifies, but I really needed to head out. "Well, thanks so much. I'll be leaving now," I nod and put the mask in my sling bag.

    "Wait!" Joon calls out and steps in front of me. "I want you to bring The Warrior, your hero identity back, Aman," he demands.

    I'm bewildered. "Why do you exactly want that?"

     Joon sighs and explains. "I was always so quiet and withdrawn as a kid, but you inspired me to defend myself. The way you stepped in and protected my cousin in the marketplace... I realized that I needed to stand up for myself and others too. That's why I refuse to give my money to those old gang thieves today. You gave me that power, Aman," Joon gazes sincerely into my eyes.

      "I'm really flattered but I'm not sure..." I look away.

       "You need to help other people, too. Although we're in one of the richest kingdoms, there's still a lot of poverty and corruption that occurs. You can become a symbol of power that can give the poor the strength to fight back. My cowardly cousin, who has never fought before, took defense classes after you left," Joon explains.

     "I-I don't know. Thanks so much but I have to go, Joon." If I didn't leave his dad's tailor shop soon, then I'd be late arriving to the women's academy.

      Joon nods and bows. "Please think about it. It would be my honor to create masks for you to hide your identity."

      I bow back. "I promise I will think it through. Thank you so much for your kindness." And then I head out of the shop, into the darkness of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

292K 17.2K 20
❝I wish we could've met a totally different way. I hate to admit it, but I won't deny it... I wish you would fall for me the way I feel I'm falling f...
108K 8.5K 50
Y/n, a sweet, cute and flirty girl who was forced to meet Jungkook but on her way of meeting Jungkook she ended up meeting Taehyung, an unsmiling, sm...
6.3K 496 6
When love and duty collide, when your heart and your head are at war with each other, when the air from your lungs seems to escape, how do you escape...
52.2K 3.5K 43
You were in love with his scent the moment you met him and you knew you wanted to be with him the rest of your life. The only problem was he already...