Until Death Do Us Part {KHR}

By randomcitizen_58

In a world where summons and humans make contracts with one another, not many humans had the gift. The gift w... More

Target 0: Warnings - Please Read!
Target 1 - Prologue
Target 2 - Raven
Target 3 - Chains
Target 4 - Questions
Target 5 - Tsunayoshi
Target 6 - First Impressions
Target 7 - Arena
Target 8 - Lal Mirch
Target 9 - The Immortal Skull
Target 10 - Breakfast
Target 11 - Unexpected
Target 12 - Are You Okay?
Target 13 - Confidential
Target 14 - Letters
Target 15 - Preparing
Target 16 - True Motives
Target 17 - Shopping
Target 18 - Melbourn
Target 19 - What Happened?
Target 20 - Ready, Set...
Target 21 - The Airport
Target 22 - The Flight
Target 23 - Morning
Target 24 - The Ballroom
Target 25 - The Ties Which Hold Us
Target 26 - Day Two
Target 27 - A Day Out
Target 28 - The Dinner
Target 29 - Three's a Crowd
Target 30 - The Ceremony
Target 31 - He Knows
Target 32 - Storm
Target 33 - Sun
Target 34 - Gentle Rain
Target 35 - Cloud
Target 36 - Lightning
Not-So-New Year's Omake Special
Target 38 - Chaotic Rain
Target 39 - The Meet-Up
Target 40 - Kawahira Pt. 1
Target 41 - Kawahira Pt. 2
Target 42 - What to do, What to do...
Target 43 - Hot, Hot, Hot!
Target 44 - Encounter
!Message Wall!

Target 37 - Mist

1.5K 83 8
By randomcitizen_58

{&}"...Thank you," Verde said, graciously taking the coffee from Tsuna. It was the second day of the two of them being together in the household, and they had come to quite a mutual understanding of each other.

After Verde's small moment of opening up to the brunette, he seemed to recede back into his shell. He accepted Tsuna's presence, but that doesn't mean he liked it in any sense of the word. He didn't, but at least the scientist wasn't as bothered by it.

Tsuna didn't expect the man to accept it easily anyway. God knows how long the Arcobaleno were all left without anyone to care for them. That didn't give Verde the right to act like a pain in the ass, though.

He was stubborn; set in his ways too much to stop. Boy, was Verde stubborn.

Suddenly, the front door creaked open. "Mou, Verde," the voice, now recognised as Mammon, stated blandly. "They need you out there. Some kind of code is needed to proceed."

The green-haired male raised his glasses higher up on his nose. "I'm on it," he replied, packing up his laptop and notes before leaving promptly. The mist Arcobaleno turned toward the Sawada just as the front door was shut.

"Mou, you're with me now," they stated, walking over to the table to sit down.

"How come?" The brunette asked, setting down his own beverage on the table.

"Well, they also need Lal Mirch out there and everyone else has already taken care of you. I'm unneeded until further notice, mou, so I got sent here."

Tsuna nodded. "I see. Is there anything you would like to do, Mammon-san?"

The mist cocked their head to the side, mouth slightly open. "Me?" He asked. Tsuna just nodded and drank from his cup. No one has asked... Not since her anyway... Mammon thought to himself.

"I think... I want to go to an aquarium," Mammon said. "A human aquarium. I've never been to one."

The Sawada blinked in surprise, but his eyes soon softened and he smiled wistfully. "I haven't been to one in a long time. I know just the place if you can take us there." The mist Arcobaleno nodded.

"Mou, this will cost money, won't it?"

The brunette just laughed.

---

"Mou, the colours are so much bolder here on Earth..." Mammon complained though it was slightly difficult to tell. His voice was monotone and blank as always.

The two of them were walking towards Okinawa Churaumi aquarium. It is the best aquarium in Japan, and one of the largest in the world. It hosts hands-on exhibits of seashells and starfish, and the world's largest living coral exhibit to name a few.

The Churaumi aquarium's main attraction is the Kuroshio Tank that houses numerous whale sharks. Tsuna had been thinking of going to an aquarium closer to home. Mammon had other plans.

It was just coming up to ten o'clock in the morning, and the aquarium was open until eight o'clock at night. So, they could look around for a bit. The Sawada stumbled around, a wave of wanderlust hitting him as he saw all the places he has never visited before.

It was new. Somehow, for the first time, that was okay.

Mammon just... stared. He wondered. How could someone so pure, so innocent, have the aura of a veteran soldier? He knew the others could feel it too- the air of confidence and experience, the hollowed eyes and the faraway gaze. The secretive smiles and pained glow when he heard certain words or saw certain things.

He dismissed it rather quickly. He wasn't going to get anywhere just staring, and they did come here for the aquarium after all.

Mammon saw the food carts out of the corner of his eye.

The Sawada saw him taking a peek at them- sometimes the boy was just too sharp -and a smile bloomed on his face. His skin seemed to radiate in fact, light tan against pinky pale as he grasped Mammon's hand.

"Let's go get something to eat," the brunette suggested, grinning so hard that his eyes turned to crescents. The mist just nodded mutely in agreement. Being around this kid sure is taxing, mou... he thought to himself. There was no bite or hostility in the statement.

There were stalls everywhere. It was a simple set-up, but street food seemed to be popular. Candy floss, sugary treats ranging from mints to large lollipops, and even a couple street performers.

Candied fruits and chocolate-covered bananas were also present. They all looked delicious.

"Hey, Mammon-san, did you know that takoyaki originated here in Osaka?" Tsuna asked, pulling him gently toward one of the stalls.

"Mou, drop the 'san'. It makes me feel old, mou..." the mist replied instead. "No. What... What is takoyaki, mou?"

Tsuna was more than happy to explain.

Mammon himself didn't see the point of going around and spending money on food or little trinkets he didn't need. Money didn't grow on trees. He learned that the hard way.

A cardboard plate was thrust into his face unexpectedly. "Here, try them!" The day wasn't going to be as bland and taxing as he originally thought, he supposed, looking at the low price tag on the board.

---

Sometimes, it's not the place that makes a memory special. It's not the places or the landscaping that make someplace on the Earth special. It's the people you go with that make the memories of going places so fond.

That's what she would say to him, he supposed, but he couldn't help but imagine Tsuna saying those words instead. That made them much sweeter and kinder and gentler, in ways he couldn't begin to describe.

It would take time for them all to trust him fully, he knew, Lal even more so. Verde was still trying to accept this new unseen interruption in his life, and the mist couldn't blame him.

Sawada Tsunayoshi was an enigma. He could be the most considerate person he's ever seen, but he could also be stubborn. He was sensitive but strong, and the contrast made Mammon shiver.

But, right now, Sawada Tsunayoshi was amazed. His tanned face was illuminated with the cool-toned lights at the aquarium. His eyes glittered, and a giggle escaped him every time a fish or some other creature swam by his face.

Mammon supposed that this would be one of those moments humans call "appreciating the little things". He didn't see the use in it himself, but if he had a lifespan of a mere 80 years, he would do it too.

Especially considering that humans spent the years of their lives from 50 to 80 being sick and old and immobile. He could see it, once he considered the fact that humans didn't tend to appreciate youth and life from the years of 0 to 15, sometimes 20 or even 25.

Humans were expected to grow up young in their broken society. They were expected to make the most out of their young years and their childhood, while the same adults who were telling them that were making them think about test scores and grades as if they were the only things which spelt out their worth.

Adults didn't seem to remember how crushing it was to work hard on something and get a bad grade for it, to be told that people don't think you're doing enough when you've given it your all.

They don't remember the confusion and despair when people would tell you to "grow up" if you were too playful and giddy but told you to "loosen up" if you were serious and responsible. They don't remember the self-destructing thoughts when the low, low number on those pieces of paper seemed to be worth more than your life.

They didn't remember. They didn't understand. They didn't care.

"Wao, such a pretty fish," Tsuna gushed, placing his palm on the glass. Mammon stepped back a bit, just to see the full picture. Mammon was always creative. He, as the mist Arcobaleno, had to be for his illusions to work.

He always had an eye for fine art and fashion, from colour theory to painting to sculpting. And this picture right in front of him.

With Tsuna's shadowed figure being lined by a soft blue glow from the aquarium, hundreds of breeds of fish and plantlife swimming and moving behind him, and the small additions of other visitors just dotted to the sides, letting Tsuna be front and centre-

Well, it was a sight to see. Even as Tsuna continued to move about, and skipped along to different tanks and attractions with his hand clasped firmly around Mammon's wrist, that image was still burned into his mind. He would remember it for years to come, he knew.

Fine art was made to be appreciated, after all.

-----

It's gentle and forgiving; it's noticing the little things they do; it's butterfly kisses peppering their skin; it's using your words as a weapon, and then crawling back to beg for forgiveness the next day; it is dates to the aquarium just to see their face light up with awe and wonder; it's spending money to give them the things they deserve. It's describing nightmares in the early morning; it's feather-like touches to keep you grounded; it's a love that cracks every once in a while, and rebuilds itself every time.

--={&}=--

:^))
This chapter is shorter than most of my usual ones lol. I'm just trying to make them as long as I can, and as long as I am comfortable with, really.

The last chapter is Lal Mirch's, as you can already guess ;>>
After that, we'll be back on track and done with these filler chapters/non-important to the plot ones. Finally, something y'all can look forward to ig

-Bell

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 5.5K 70
All it took was a plane crash, and Kise Ryota was no more. Strangely enough, he didn't feel sadness, only regret. Regret for not checking his engine...
549 42 6
"I'm sorry." Reborn paused as he took a deep breath, "You summoned the strongest demons." He vaguely gestured to himself and the other dumbstruck dem...
201K 4.9K 23
The story takes place three years after the Curse of the Rainbow Arc. Tsuna finally agreed to be the Vongola Decimo. He and his Guardians are now in...
216 6 5
The Guardians of Vongola Decimo have never expected something big like this nor does everyone around the Sawada Family. An unexpected appearance, whe...