The Prince and the Maid | KTH...

By enasthetic

My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too... More

The Prince and the Maid
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Epilogue

Part 6

42.1K 2K 476
By enasthetic

"I'm so sorry this whole situation turned out this way, but I could never forgive you or your parents for what you did to us," a distant voice echoed around the cold, empty room.

I looked down at myself.

My hands and legs were chained.

I cried and cried, continuously rubbing my eyes, hoping that all of it was just a dream.

I couldn't bring myself to believe any of it. But it really happened and the past cannot be changed no matter how desperately I wanted it to.

It felt as if my life, my heart was brutally ripped from me.

I began to have trouble breathing and I suddenly blacked out.

I gasped and sat up on the bed. I was panting so hard and I clutched my chest. It hurt.

I bit my lips and cried again.

Whatever life I lived before this, I never want to go back to that. Ever.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I walked into Taehyung's room to wake him up to find that he was already awake.

I was surprised. It was only yesterday that I saw him sleeping so soundly as if he's dead. But now?

"Why are you already up before I could wake you?" I shuffled towards him and stood next to his bed.

He grinned softly and gently held my hand, "I was just so excited to have you as my personal tutor that I couldn't sleep actually."

I got confused. "What do you mean?"

He shifted towards me and looked down at my hand, "Well... I asked Lady Anne to appoint you as my teacher and told her how you helped me with my lessons. I could only understand them when you taught me, so..."

Oh.

Wait, what.

"Hold up, don't you already have a tutor?" I sat down on his bed next to him, furrowing my eyebrows.

He looked up at me, "No. I didn't want to be a nuisance to anyone."

And yet you're asking me.

I sighed, "You dumb prince. People should be grateful that you're being a nuisance to them. You're the future king, are you not?"

He nodded, looking lost.

His hair looked so freaking soft, I wanted to pet him.

"So, you're the most significant person to everyone. Your education is very important. Who says that you'll be a nuisance. Every prince or princess has tons of tutors to teach them. It's fine to do what you want, okay?" I tilted my head, leaning a bit closer to him.

He pursed his lips and nodded.

I smiled and huffed out a breath, "Good. So when should I go over to your study room?"

He eyes sparkled, "So you agree to becoming my tutor?"

I giggled and got up, "I don't have a choice, do I?"

He held back a huge smile, pursing his lips, "I always study after breakfast, so we'll meet then."

I nodded and left his room to go make his breakfast.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Ooooh, you sly girl. He already fell for you. I can tell from his actions," Xiao smirked as we walked down the hallway after having our breakfast.

I gawked at her, "No way. He's just happy to have someone teach him the difficult concepts. Plus, it's only been a few days, he couldn't possibly-"

"You know, I nursed you when you were unconscious," she interrupted. "He would come inside your room every three hours, even during the night to check up on you. He would look so worried for you."

He did?

I flushed and my palms became sweaty.

"Nono, I should turn a blind eye to this matter. I don't want it to be awkward between us," I urged myself.

"All the more reason to devote myself as his maid," I whispered softly.

She looked at me concerned and then turned away, "Okay, I'm going upstairs. Try not to have too much fun, got it?" She cackled and blasted off before I could yell at her.

"This girl..." I shook my head and walked towards the library.

The hallways were very long and it felt as if I had been walking for hours. I already wanted to go back to my bed and call it a day.

"Hey, Violet!" A mellow voice called out.

I turned around to see Jimin running towards me.

"Hi," I smiled a little. "Can I help you."

He bent down to his knees and panted.

"How long has he been running?" I wondered.

"Yes," he smiled at me. "I'm going to the town to buy some rare ingredients for dinner per Lady Anne's request tomorrow and I was wondering if you could accompany me."

Tomorrow? I remembered tomorrow was Saturday and I didn't have anything to do during the day so it was perfect. I could explore the town as well.

"Sure, I'd love to," I chimed.

He grinned from ear to ear, "Then, meet me at 10 am at the front door tomorrow, okay?"

I nodded and he asked me, "How are you adapting to your new life here?"

I chuckled, "Well, I'm doing amazing. Thank you for caring."

"If you need any help, you can always call me, okay?" He winked and I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"Sure," I laughed and we parted ways.

I finally arrived in front of Taehyung's study room. That sign that said 'Taetae's chamber of misery' was no longer there.

I brought my hand up to knock, but the door suddenly opened and he came out of his room crashing into me, causing me to stumble backwards.

He caught me before I fell on my head and stared into my eyes with his wide ones. My poor heart can never take a break around him, huh?

"What the heck?! You scared me to death," I squealed.

He positioned me upwards and pulled away, "Sorry, you were taking so long to come here and I was about to go search for you." He looked worried.

I sighed and pulled his hand, guiding him into the room.

We both sat down and I opened his science book. "I just met Jimin on the way and talked with him for a while."

He snapped his head towards me. I got startled by his action, jumping back.

"Did he flirt with you?" He was wide-eyed.

"N-No... He just asked me to go with him to the town tomorrow to pick up some things."

He leaned back, saying "Ahh..."

Was he jealous? No way...

He looked up at me worried and leaned forward, "By the way, why are your eyes puffed? Did you cry?"

I blinked my eyes several times and cleared my throat. "I had a nightmare. It's nothing," I brushed it off.

He suddenly held my face and caressed my cheek, "Whenever you want to talk to someone, remember that I'm here."

My heartbeat quickened its pace and I blushed.

I laughed awkwardly and snatched his book, "Let's begin our lesson, shall we?"

A/N: The concept photos ಥ_ಥ

I want the E version 😭

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 13.9K 45
Your dad married again to a woman with a son. You don't know that in a short period of time living with your step brother, you already had feelings f...
962K 36K 27
❝ Sometimes, it's hard to tell you how much you mean to me. A lot of times I don't say anything at all but I hope someday you will understand, having...
341K 24.9K 87
☪︎ a kim taehyung fanfiction * *     ⊹ ˚ . . ┊ ┊ ⊹ · ✧  ❝ Welcome to Matchmaker. An app where no...
125K 11.5K 74
"...you hold all my secrets and you are the one thing that can destroy me if you choose to." -Kim Seokjin He spent his entire life doing what he was...