Tainted Souls {Damon Salvator...

By hogwartsmylife

Lyanna Gilbert, cousin of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, moves in with Aunt Jenna along with Elena and Jermey. Sta... More

Cast+Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Finale
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Finale
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-Finale

Chapter 24

3.7K 75 20
By hogwartsmylife

24| Brave New World

I woke up and laid in bed. Today was the day Elena was in charge of the High School Mystic Falls Carnival and I wasn't in much of a mood to do anything not after what happened last night. Especially with Damon. I've never seen a drunk and demanding side of Damon combined into one. Elena happened to get me out of bed and now I'm stuck placing teddy bears and Team Jacob T's on the railing of a game booth.

I didn't really want to be here but I guess no one can say no to Elena. Bonnie was around and so was Jermey, but he isn't in such a good mood. Then we got good old Stefan. I couldn't help but look around and saw some boys staring at me. Sure I was beautiful but it wasn't reserved for anyone but myself which honestly I find great because I don't have to try to look good for someone on daily basis. Bonnie was handing me some of the prizes and she tried to make small talk with me.

"Have you talk to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" I sighted and shakes my head.

"No Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay? I'm sick and tired of it Bonnie I just want a normal high school experience for one day, according to Elena Gilbert in chapter two section three, we shall have a normal teenager high school experience. Said so by the girl herself, Elena Gilbert." Bonnie looks at me and I shrug my shoulders.

"You hate him don't you?" I grabbed a Jacob T and hanged it.

"With all my freaking heart." I gritted through my teeth. And half it was a lie, we all know I kissed Damon Salvatore, twice, and that I may like him, but I'm trying to have a normal high school experience. Can't do that with a vampire in my life now can I?

I stepped down from the high ladder and Elena came around with her clipboard.

"Everything's ready in this booth?" I nod my head and Elena rubs my arm,"Perfect! Caroline would be so proud. We have to make Caroline proud or she will kill us. I don't know how she does all of this. It's such a fun thing to do. Oh, Stefan! Wait up! I'll catch with you two later." Elena walks over to Stefan and I stand next to Bonnie as we watch them.

"They're cute together huh? I wonder what's it like to be with someone like that." Bonnie says and I smile at her. She deserves the whole world honestly and yet she has no boyfriend.

"Possibly ends up in heartbreak and shit. I wouldn't dwell on it. I need a break, I'll see you around the carnival then."

Bonnie nods her head and I go up to a truck and ordered a blueberry slushee, honestly my favorite. I sat behind a tree and looked above me. Watching the blue sky, the birds, and people. Nature happens to be upon me and I happen to like it. Once I finished my slushee, the carnival had just been an underway now and I walked around, shivering, wishing I had brought my jacket but forgot when a certain someone yelled at me to get my butt downstairs. I walked around and stopped at the Ferris Wheel. I've always wanted the most cliché thing ever and that was a kiss into of the Ferris Wheel, just like Elena.

I felt a sudden hand touching my shoulders, I turned around to see Damon. What the hell? I started to back away from him but I stopped once we were two feet's away from each other.

"Lyanna." I looked at him and brought my arms around me, trying to warm myself up.

"What do you want, Damon?" I spat at him and he extends his hand.

"I know I'm the last person you want to see right now but I need you to come with me."

"Whatever it is I'm not interested."

"Yeah, I need you to come with me right now, Lyanna." He has a hint of seriousness in his voice and I walked closer to him, his hand still extended.

"I'm not taking your hand. Walk."

Damon leads the way and I walked behind him. We reached a classroom where Elena and Stefan are in, thinking. I closed the door and lean against the wall.

"What's with the serious faces? Did someone die?" I joke and Elena looks at me seriously.

"It's Caroline....she uh..." I looked at Elena with my eyebrows raised up.

"She's in transition of becoming a vampire." I looked at Damon and a shriek of shock came out of my mouth.

"She's a what?! Okay, I'm out of here!" I was going to reach the door when Damon steps in front of me and grins.

"Your not going anywhere." I glared at him and reached my arm to the door handle but Damon blocks it with his hand.

"And who's to say what you can tell me what to do?" Damon stares at me and I scoff,"Damn you Damon." I walked back and sat on the chair with my feet up on the desk,"So, anyone wanna explain how the hell this happened?" Everyone looks at me as I questioned them and I shrug.

"Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her and A plus B equals..." Great Damon, your such a great mastermind. Like I even remember asking for your scientific hypothesis.

"But why?" Elena asks.

"Because Katherine is a manipulative, nasty, little slut." I cleared my throat and Damon turns to me,"You have no idea who's the Father. John claims he is but she's been with many men, maybe he isn't." I stared at Damon and stood up. I walked close to Damon and he thought I was going to kiss him but he's wrong, instead I slapped him on his face.

"Fuck you, Damon Salvatore." I headed towards the door and before I could leave Damon said something.

"You almost did." I gasped and turned to a grinning, satisfied Damon who was crossing his arms against his chest. Oh! It's on! I was walking towards him with anger on my face until Stefan used his vampspeed and held me back.

"No way! Let me go and let me kill this little shit!" I yelled at Stefan and thrashed around to get out of his arms but Stefan doesn't do anything but hold me down. Damon was grinning and Stefan leans into my ears.

"Are you done? So that we can proceed and help Caroline out?" I nod my head and Stefan lets go of me. Elena taps on her desk and I jumped on it, causing my butt to hit the coldness of the surface.

"And she said "game on"? I mean, what does that even mean?"

"It means she's playing dirty. She wants us to know."

"But why Caroline?" Elena says looking at us all. I shrug my shoulders and stretched my legs. They happen to be sore from all the working and walking all day.

"I don't know." Damon says and I caught him staring at my legs. I trail my finger from my legs to my thighs, bitting my lip seductively at Damon. It's fun teasing him, especially when I'm mad at him. Oh well, that's what he gets for trying to kill my brother and trying to kill Katherine and now trying to kill Caroline or at least he's thinking about it.

"Caroline must be completely out of her mind, she doesn't even know what's happening to her. Damon!" Stefan slaps Damon on his side head, causing Damon to snap out of his trance and grin at me.

"Oh I think she does. All of my compulsion from the past started wearing off the minute she was in transition."

"We have to find her."

"Yep, and kill her."

"You're not gonna kill Caroline." I said, sending dagger looks at Damon.

"She knows who we are. She's officially a liability, and we've got to get rid of her."

"Damon, absolutely not." Stefan says, shaking his head.

"Need I remind you of a tragic little story of a girl named Vicki Donovan? Caroline, of all people, will not make it as a vampire. Her mother is a vampire hunter. Guys come on, we all know how this story's gonna end, just flip to the last chapter and..."

"It's not an option Damon." Elena says, apparently she's calm but I've got some ragging fire inside me.

"No? Your silence is deafening, Stefan. Wait, wasn't there a school carnival the night you staked Vicki? I never had a town where history repeats itself. You know I'm right."

"It was a school dance jackass." I said glaring at Damon. He shrugs it off and I really wanted to leave already.

"We're not gonna kill her."

Stefan says. Him and Elena left the classroom, leaving me alone with Damon. He comes between my legs and I grin at him, as his thumb touches my lip.

"I could see you teasing me, who knew you'd be dirty when your friend and sister are in front of you." I smile and slap him on his face, hard.

"That's for trying to kill Jermey last night, you asshole. How dare you come into my home, trying to seduce me, while your drunk may I add, and then when I say no, you snapped Jermey's neck. Are you crazy Damon?! Are you?! I can't keep doing this to myself and I can't keep going around in circles with you. As much as I want to be around you, I can't keep doing this to myself. You need to decide Damon, rather you going to slowly allow your emotions to be out in the open with me or if your going to become a drunk vampire that keeps killing my brother out in anger. I'm supposed to have a normal teenage high school experience and now all this, it's not making me feel normal at all. Instead it's making me feel like I'm no longer a human." Damon leans into my neck and blows on it, causing me to shiver.

"And what if you weren't a human? What if I bite you, kill you, and your a vampire? Maybe then you'd have a normal high school experience." Damon grins and takes my face into his hand as I place a hand on his arm.

"Your sick!"

Was all I said and glared at him for five good whole minutes. I pushed him away from me and leave the classroom. I walked to outside and rejoined with Stefan and Elena whom were looking for Caroline. We looked all over for her until Stefan stopped walking, me and Elena looked back at Stefan with curiosity on our faces.

"Stefan, what is it?" Elena asks. Stefan observed a few more moments and looks at us.

"Blood. I can smell blood," Me and Elena look at each other and looked back at Stefan,"Let's go."

Stefan used his Vampire speed while me and Elena ran as fast we could. I got in time to see Caroline and stood next to her, trying to help her but she only screams at me.

" Get away from me! You killed me!" I looked at her in confusion and shake my head.

"No, no, no, no Caroline! That wasn't me. You know that! That was Katherine." I tell her calmly but she looks at me scared still.

"No! Then why did she look like you?! And why, why did she do this to me?" Elena arrives and she looks at Stefan.

"Stefan, we've got to get her inside." Elena says and I try to get Caroline to go with Stefan.

"It's okay Caroline, come with me." Stefan extends his hands and Caroline shakes her head in fear.

"She will die, it's only a matter of time." Damon says. I glare at him and tried to help Caroline up.

"Yeah, maybe so, but it's not gonna happen tonight."

"Oh yeah it is."

Damon picks up the stake and rushes over them but I put myself in front of Caroline and Elena.

"Damon, she's my friend." Damon hesitates, staring at me who refuses to move. Then he drops his arm and the stake he held.

"Whatever happens, it's on you." I sighted. Bonnie came over and she sees Caroline's face covered in blood. Shocked at her friend being a vampire, she shakes her head.

"No, you're not; you can't be," Bonnie touches her and looks horrified by the truth.

"Bonnie?" Bonnie looks over and she sees Carter's body.

"Oh god!" Bonnie turns to Elena and hugs her.

"Bonnie..." Caroline looked and felt broken entirely.

Stefan takes Caroline away from the area to the bathroom. He takes some tissues to wipe the blood off her face. Caroline starts washing away the blood too. I looked at Bonnie with my eyebrows furrowed up.

"She's still your friend Bonnie! Just because she turned into a vampire or is in transition doesn't mean she's not the same person anymore." Damon steps in.

"Well technically she isn't really a person...." I send him a death glare and Damon shuts up immediately. I looked at Bonnie and she looks at me.

"That's not my friend Lyla, that's a monster." I shook my head disapprovingly at Bonnie.

"You know, it's a shame. Because I thought even as a witch you can tell the difference between friendship and evilness as a human and as a witch." I walked towards the bathroom, leaving Elena, Bonnie, and Damon outside. Walking inside the bathroom, I see Stefan calming Caroline down. Poor girl she doesn't deserve this at all. When I get my hands on Katherine, mmm! So God help me.

"Why did Katherine do this to me?" My heart sinked. I wanted to know why Katherine did this to her as well and I was going to figure something out.

"I don't know, I wish I did. Hey, hey, I promise you I will not let anything happen to you. Come here. Come here."

Stefan has his arms open and Caroline slowly walks over to him. Stefan embraces her and Caroline was calmed down a little. I walked outside and saw Damon falls to the ground clutching his head and curls up. My eyes landed on Bonnie, who opens a faucet with her powers and water starts coming out a hose.

"I told you what would happen if anyone else got hurt."

"I didn't do this." Damon says weakly.

"Bonnie, it wasn't his fault." I stated looking between Elena and Bonnie.

"Everything that happens is his fault Lyanna." Bonnie snaps, looking at me harshly.

"Bonnie, what are you doing?" Me and Elena asked as I see Bonnie creates a fire and the fire goes toward Damon.

"Bonnie stop it!" I screamed, as Damon starts burning.

"Bonnie, Bonnie, stop it! You're going to kill him! Elena do something she won't listen to me!" Damon is still burning from his leg pants and I had tears streaming down my face.

"Bonnie!"

Elena jumps over the fire line and shakes Bonnie by her shoulders. The fire goes out as Bonnie's concentration is broken. I run over to Damon and poured my water bottle on him, causing him to get wet a little bit on his pants. Damon sits on the floor and my tears dropped down onto the floor.

"I thought that....that you were going to let her burn me." I shake my head and bite my inner lip, while looking into Damon's gorgeous blue eyes. Those eyes started everything.

"Just because I'm mad at you doesn't mean I'll allow her to hurt you. Besides, it wasn't your fault Damon. Katherine is the one that turned her, you healed Caroline, you did nothing wrong."

I looked behind me and see Elena look at me and Damon, putting an arm around Bonnie and they left somewhere into the carnival. Damon gets up and I help him, placing his arm around me. We walked to one of my favorite places, the tree. Damon sat down on the ground and spread his legs, I sat in between them and leaned my head into his chest as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"We're never going to work you know." Damon smiles and brought his fingers onto my arm and started to make circles on my arm with his fingers.

"You don't know that for sure. I'll wait for you, as long as it takes. I have eternity," I grown at the thought. It's true what Damon said, he's a vampire so he has all of eternity to live while I'm a human and I don't have all of eternity,"What your thinking about?" I shake my head and pick up some of the grass, playing with it.

"It's nothing Damon, honestly it's just nothing." The tension wasn't very good and it wasn't very bad. I just didn't want to ruin this moment. Looking at the stars while sitting with Damon, right under the moonlight and next to the carnival.

"Don't you want to go to the carnival?" I looked at Damon and he smiles a little,"Thought you might want a ride on the Ferris Wheel, a kiss on the Ferris Wheel, and all those other stuff girl your age does nowadays. Thought you wanted to be a normal teenage girl with normal high school experiences." I smile and Damon wraps his arms around me.

"Hmm, your right. But then, normal is overrated. Maybe I want to be a girl who's friends with the two Salvatore brothers. Maybe I want vampires, witches, werewolves, and everything that I've read that was not real, real. Maybe I want some adventure and excitement with you. Maybe I want it all, Damon. You know we should get back, before someone notices we're both gone." I was going to move but Damon kept his arms around me and had me sit back down.

"Or we could just stay under the stars and moonlight for the night." I sighed and smiled a little.

"We're supposed to act like we don't like each other...or at lest I'm mad at you." Damon's arms dropped and I smiled, as he kept sitting against the tree,"Damon, get up."

Damon reached his hands up and I rolled my eyes. He knows he's stronger than me but I gave in. Holding my hand, I got him up but I felt like I was going to fall instead, his arms catches me and I let out a small giggle, letting my bead back a little bit.

"How do we end up in a cliché moment? It's too funny." Damon shrugs and I stand closer to him, as his arms wrapped around me, causing me to become suddenly warm.

"Your cold, did you forget your jacket?" I nod my head and rests my head on Damon's chest, closing my eyes.

"Just a few more minutes, don't let me go just yet. I have to resume being mad at you for a bit." Damon places his chin on top of my head, I get it jackass. I'm short and your tall, no need to rub it in.

"You know if we never let go, we'll probably elope somewhere." Damon jokes and I laugh a little, wrapping my arms around Damon.

"Maybe we could go to Paris o-or New Orleans or maybe California." I said, with a dreamy look in my eyes.

"That would be lovely," Damon's phone buzzes and the screen had Alaric written across it,"Hm, our time has to be cut short princess. Don't forget me." Damon leans in for a kiss and I shake my head.

"We're supposed to be furious at each other, remember." Damon sighs and nods his head,"I should probably get going to the carnival, Elena and Stefan might be looking for me. I'll see you tomorrow hopefully." I nod my head and walk towards the Carnival as Damon left.

What's wrong with me? Damon killed my brother or at least tried to. Elena doesn't like him and neither does Stefan. So what am I doing here?

I take out my phone and dial Damon's number. He doesn't answer me and I go up to my bedroom. Changing into my pajamas I look in my bedroom and notice that the window was open. I walked over to close it and then almost jumped in the air when I saw Damon in my bed.

"Damon Giuseppe Salvatore!" I exclaimed and Damon grins at me, making himself comfortable on my bed.

"You love it, admit it."

I smile and let my wavy hair down from its prison, the ponytail. Damon sits on the edge of my bed and takes off his black boots. I walked over to him and smile gently. Damon brings me closer by my waist and I place my hand on his shoulders and dust off his jacket. I had an instant urge to take it off him, and slowly my hands find its way to take off Damon's jacket. Damon looks at me and I sigh, admiring Damon without a jacket.

"It's the first time I've seen you without a jacket." Damon grins and pulls me down on his lap.

"And the first time of seeing me." I smile slightly and my heart was racing. Did I really want to do this now and with Damon? Was I a 100% sure I wasn't going to regret it latter on?

Damon switches our positions and I was under him as he hovered over me. His hands ran up and down my side of my body and looks at me with something sparkling in his eyes. Excitement? Lust? Love? He leans in for a kiss and allowing him once, I kissed him back with equal passion and lust. He moves down to my neck and I grip on his hair, finding my sweet spot and sucking on it. I let out a soft moan and Damon grins but then looks at me. As I noticed he wasn't doing anything I looked at him and gave him a questionable look.

"I need to feed. If I don't leave, I'll feed from you and I can't do that. Maybe we should wait until later, some other time." I sat on my bed and laid near my pillows as Damon had a disappointed look on his face. Damon grabs his jacket and puts it on as I covered myself with the covers and sinking into my bed. Damon comes over and kisses me but I shake my head. Damon nods his head understandingly and leaves my room.

What almost happened?
***********
Well! This chapter y'all.....no words honestly. Really I just happen to surprise myself a lot. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So now, Damon and Lyanna are not dating but they're not friends and they're most definitely not friends with benefits. They're just in between. I notice Lyanna is a bit of a chore nebadue she doesn't want to be with Damon so that Elena and Stefan wouldn't be mad but there's something else more behind that then Elena and Stefan getting in their way of a relationship. Now we all know that Lyanna is deeply hating Damon but at the same time she's kinda falling for him. Elena doesn't like Damon basically because you know he's viewed as a villain and he's only like using Lyanna. Stefan and Lyanna's relationship is tight and it's close, hence Stefan protecting Lyanna as if she was his own little sister since she's technically Elena's half sister. Damon just needs to do some more work and work on himself. And Lyanna needs to know on rather if she wants to be with Damon or not. Cuz I realize that she's just stringing him along and that's what Elena did to Damon and Stefan, and I don't want her like that. Of course she doesn't like Stefan in that way so you have nothing to worry about between Lyanna and Stefan. Same thing goes for Damon and Elena, they're hating each other at this point and it doesn't seem to be getting any better soon.

Comment, Rate, & Vote! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.5K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
1.5M 47.4K 43
"The worst feeling isn't being lonely. It's being forgotten by someone you would never forget." The Vampire Diaries 2x07 - 4x23 Book 1 of the Audrey...
330K 5.7K 88
This story is about a girl named Venice McLean who lives in a small town named Mystic Falls with her family. Though she preferred shutting herself of...
37.9K 1.7K 93
Volume One [Complete] Violet was happy, in love, and had a successful career. She was even hoping to start her own family with her beloved husband. H...