going nowhere (5SOS)

By squackling

"Why did you come back?" "I didn't." - - - 5SOS fanfic in which the focus pointis Calum More

characters and author's note
part i
part ii
part iii
part iv

v

8 4 0
By squackling

01:27

A park somewhere close to nowhere

Calum looks around for people and as soon as he sees everything is clear he takes out the key his friend working there has given him and opens the gates, bringing Bianca inside. He quickly shuts the gates and move farther away from the entrance as people might raise suspicion.

They walk until Calum was sure they were far from the general public. Almost like this whole situation was taken from a movie, there was a guitar and a blanket on the grass.

He sits down in a crossed legged position and picks the guitar up, placing it on his lap and starts playing Strawberries & Cigarettes by Troye Sivan. She listens to the melody and strums of each note. When he finished the song he plays Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. 7 Minutes of absolute calmness.

After his short performance, he takes out his phone and starts playing Lemonade. He takes out his hand and she reaches for it. They stand close to each other, Calum's arms on her waist and hers wrapping his neck. She leans forward and places her head on his chest as they slow dance.

He hums the tune of the song as she whisper-sings the song, her head still resting on Calum's chest. The song ends and Youngblood (a song Calum and Luke had worked on for quite a while) starts playing. Somehow the song fit them. Atleast for Bianca. It reminds her how bittersweet everything is. Although he's returned, it seems like everything is too good to be true, which proves to be right later on.

Remember the words you told me, "love me til the day I die?"

She sings the song and stares at Calum, sending a message to him through the song. She unconsciously thought of all the moments they have had and how much fun it was. Hoe much it had chnged not only her but the both of then, Calum knew that. Whether it was with Isabelle and Luke or just the two of them alone.

It was mid song when Bianca and Calum lie side by side with the stars surrounding their eye sights. Above them, in front of them, it felt like they were amongst the clouds and stars. It feels like a deja vu. Like all of this has already happened. He gazes at the stars while Bianca looks at him, thanking the heavens that he's back. She moves closer to him and holds him as if there's no tomorrow. "I should've held you this tight when I had the chance to."

"See those stars? They make a pattern. But not everyone sees it." He looks at her, "You get to choose whether or not you want to see that pattern. Your life. Your path. It may be the right or wrong decision but at the end there's always something waiting for you. What we have to remember is we have to accept the outcome. Whatever it is."

Hours pass with them just staring at the stars. Millions of stars and the moon were listening to their conversation. Bianca starts to feel the fatigue taking over her, ending their talk. She shuts her eyes and feels Calum's embrace, his breath and lips on her forehead. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, my dearest Bianca." He whispers to her as she falls peacefully into a deep sleep. He admires her. She looked beautiful even asleep. He waits and stays there for a couple of minutes until his friend comes to pick them up.

When his friend calls him, he picks her up and carries her bridal style bringing her to the car of his friend positioning her to sit at the very left of the car, putting a seatbelt on her. After that they finally head back home.

Once they reach home, Bianca's home, he knocks on the door, startling Bianca a little bit causing her to flinch but returns to her state of unconsciousness. To Bianca's mom's surprise, she sees Calum holding Bianca bridal style. It wakes her up.

Bertha adores Calum in many ways but as soon as she's heard Calum left she felt devasted for her child and slight anger towards her beau. "Calum... Come in, come in."

He nods and smiles at her. She looks at Calum bringing Bianca to her room, Bianca's mom follwing him.

"You're back."

He turns to look at her and gives her a hug. "A few days actually." He turns his attention to Bianca again.

Bertha suddenly shakes her head, "My bad Calum. Would you like some tea?" He nods his head and thanks her, leaving Bianca in that state. Before he leaves, he dims the lights and shuts the door partially so a bit of light enters her room.

He sits down in the dining table, patiently waiting for Mrs. Robles.

"How have you been Calum?"

He takes a sip of the tea she has made. "Quite good, Mrs. Robles. Japan is... something." He smiles. A wave of silence presents itself. Calum stands up and excuses himself. "It's getting quite late, Bertha. I should get going now."

He leaves the house, muttering a sorry before walking towards the taxi area.

He calls for an uber and takes hinself to the nearest burger king.

He walks into the fast food restaurant and goes straight to the counter.

Luke spots Calum walk in, wondering where he has been. He left everyone else in the apartment because he wanted to smoke a blunt, which is against what Isabelle wants but what she doesn't know won't hurt her.

"I'll have a mars sundae and a chicken royale with a side of fries and coke." Calum says to the lady behind the counter as he hands he the money. She gives him the reciept and he looks for a place to stay, which was fairly easy as it's already half hour to 3.

He hears a 'pst' somewhere. He turns around and sees Luke. "Hey bud." He sends a grin to Luke and walks towards the table he's sitting in.

"Why are you here mate?"

"I should be asking you that." He returns the question. Luke simply shows him his box of fag and Calum nods.

After a few minutes of eating his meal, Luke offers Calum a smoke and he accepts. They exit the place and stand in a dark alley, far from the public. They light the cigs. Luke leaned at the wall. "I'm guessing you were with Bianca?" Calum huffs the smoke and nods. "Ash and Naomi were wondering where you two went. Isabelle and Michael were asleep when I left." 

Silence.

"I hope you know what you're doing. I still don't get why you can't stay."

Calum continues to stare at a far distance. "Neither do I, Luke." He drops the fag on the ground stepping on it, shutting the flame. "Take care of Bianca, will you? Keep an eye on her and Michael. I know she'll be happy with him."

Luke frowns. "I wish you well on your music, Cal. And don't worry, Michael is a good guy." Calum pats Luke's back before leaving him. Just like what they've talked about.

• • •

She feels her body becoming conscious again, her arms wandering her environment. Soft, not like the grass she laid on. The blanket she is laying on isn't thin, one that she remembers last laying on. Her eyes finally went open. Her eyes travelled the white walls surrounding her.

And just in this moment she recalled what Calum said.

This time, she understood clearly.

He left. Again. This is exactly what he did last year.

Somehow, she only felt numb. She knew this was gonna happen. She did not feel a single emotion.

She recieves a call.

Michael.

She answers in a sleepy voice, "Hello?"

"Hey." He drags the 'y'. "Good Morning, love. How are you? Where have you been?"

She laughs a little bit at his questions. "Slow down with the questions. Good Morning. I'm good." She pauses for a bit, thinking if she should tell him the truth. "I just went home. I was feeling a bit sleepy and yeah. How are you?" She lied.

There was a pause on the other line as well. "Hmmm. That's good, I guess. As for me, hungover." She replies with an 'okay' and quickly after he asks her, "Would you like to go out on an actual date Bianca?"

For once Bianca wanted to be selfish.

"Yes."

fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
223K 4.7K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
615K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
331K 9.9K 110
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...