Left but not Alone // Jurassi...

By Louise_Silance

Name: Alexa Carson Hair: Dark blonde Eyes: dark blue grey Family: mother-missing, father-deceased Abilities:... More

Prologue:
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
AN
AN : i was tagged.
Chapter 5
Chapter 7:
Chapter 0

Chapter 6

199 4 0
By Louise_Silance

"Talk."
.:Radio or Phone:.
{Raptors or animals}
Thoughts

Its extra long guys. Nice to see ya again. This chapter has some of her abilities in it. Remember to read and review. Thanks.

School started Wednesday and I'm going to be so busy so I'll update when I can. Promise. I'm still working on my other story too.

One of the most courageous dedications  you will ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.
- Brigitte Nicole

Chapter 6:

Turns out Owen didn't care. He listened with eager ears to ever second of my story and held me afterwards when I broke down.

Him and Barry finding out about my abilities was kind of anticlimactic. I just felt really stressed after a long day of work and Owen made the mistake of mentally wondering if I was okay.

A couple weeks after the incident Owen filed papers for adoption of a certain Alexa Carson and I don't think I've ever cried so much in one day.

We tried to keep it on the DL, so it was only Lowery, Barry, Vic, and Owen that knew I was adopted.

I was fifteen now- almost 16- and I Owen and I were at the raptor pen. Barry had taken to blocking the cameras so that I could join the pack in my wolf form.

We had just finished our hunt and were rinsing off in the makeshift river.

{Alpha must visit}

I sighed in exasperation as we had the same conversation for the thousandth time.

{Blue, I've told you a thousand times, Owen would get in trouble}

Echo whined and lowered to the ground and delta hissed. {Delta eat trouble}

Charlie hopped in a circle, acting like Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony. {Then Alpha can visit!}

Blue chattered happily and shoved Delta towards the gate. {Go, Delta! Trouble eat!}

My eyes widened and I jumped on her, ivy blocking the way for the rest of the pack. {No!} I growled. I may have been a wolf but I was still Alpha's daughter. {No eat! You will stay and Owen will keep visiting!}

{Listen to Alex} Ivy stood to my right, watching my back as always. {She tell honest}

Blue crouched low and swing her tail, hissing. Ivy and the others looked nervous, backing up. {I beta. I in charge. You not}

My muscles tensed and I froze.

{I challenge you. I win, I stay beta, you win, you beta}

I growled and lowed my head, raised my haunches, and rolled my shoulders. My fur stood on end as I growled deep in my throat. I stood at five feet tall and eight feet long, with my head at 6 feet, a couple inches shy of full grown for me. My fur was a deep grey, almost black.

{I accept}

The others flattened on the ground and looked nervously between us two. The conversation turned argument happened on a daily basis and I always won. However it never ends in a fight.

We circled for a moment before Blue became impatient. She leapt at me with a cry.

I slipped to the side and rolled onto her back and clamped my teeth into the spine. She retaliated and whipped me with her tail, distracting me enough to wiggle from my hold. A sharp sting entered my leg and I kicked her off of the appendage.

I snarled and body slammed her chest, where my claws pinned her arms and my back paws pinned her legs. Her talon, unfortunately, caught my down the side before I restrained her and I withheld a yelp of pain. When she was unable to move all but her head, I slowly lowered my jaws to clamp onto her neck and growled quietly.

{Do you yield?}

Everyone stared shocked for a moment.

Blue whimpered but yielded.

{It seems the pup, is now the leader} She shifted uncomfortably below me. {I yield}

Slowly, stood up and backed away, allowing Blue to stand. As customary, Blue would be dropped to the bottom of the pack until she earned a new position. I growled at Delta when she turned to help Blue.

{Let her lick her wounds. She earned them}

Delta ducked back and they melted into the forest, but not before Ivy rubbed up against me. I purred and licked her cheek, happy to have my best friend.

The forest was quiet for a minute before Owen called my walker talkie.

.:Alex!? What's going on?:.

I phased back to human and picked it up, walking back to the entrance. .:Relax, Owen. It was just a misunderstanding:.

.:You should have been back by now and we kept hearing growling:.

I flinched but opened the gate to get out. .:Yeah... that's kinda my fault. I'll explain in a moment:. The door was unlocked and I went straight for the first aid kit. I had a bite on my leg and a large gash on my side, neither had stopped bleeding and both were deep. .:I'm in your office now, and I could use some help:.

I didn't get a reply and went back to picking out what I may and may not need out of the container. The door slammed open and Owen rushed in with this worried look on his face. "Alex! Thank goodness." Then he caught sight of the blood. "What the hell happened?"

I grunted as he grabbed a wipe and wiped my leg. "Blue had a fit about you coming in again."

"And she attacked you?"

"No. She challenged me. Said if she won she was still beta. If I won, I was beta."

Owen pulled a bottle out of the box. "And who won?"

"Me obviousLY!" I yelled at the end as he dumped alcohol into the two wounds. "What the Frick!? What was that?!"

"Language." He tore some gauze and began wrapping my side. "And it was to clean them." 

He cleaned up the space and put the box back in the closet as I stood up and off the table. "So you're beta now?"

"Yep!" I chirped as I stretched side to side, wincing when the fabric caught the edges.

"Mr. Grady?"

We both spun around in surprise as a new female voice joined us. Owen smiled when he spotted the familiar red head. "That's me."

Ms Claire Dearing stood tall and stiff as always in her three inch heels and white shirt and skirt. "I require the documents of the week's advancements."

Owen slipped a little closer and I rolled my eyes. "We've been kinda busy."

"The asset's advancements are our top priority."

Now a foot in front of her, Owen held a hand out for Claire. "How about I tell you about any of the raptor's improvements over dinner?" He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively, and I gagged.

"I'm going home. Bye." I grabbed my bag and skateboard and headed out the door. "Tell Ivy I said good night."

Owen nodded. "If she's not already asleep. I'm gonna be there in a bit. Lock the house up behind you."

"Got it!" Then I stepped on it and skated leisurely down the road. God it was so weird watching your dad figure make a move on such a stiff person. I knew he had a crush on her. I knew he needed it. Doesn't mean I didn't find it the least bit disgusting.

-back with Owen and Claire, just after Alex left-

Owen shut the door as he watched his adopted daughter skate off into the night.

Claire looked confused as she asked, "Who was that? I didn't approve her a worker."

Owen grabbed a coke from his fridge. "That's Alex. I took her in a couple months ago. Were really close. And her previous family wasn't to good."

"So what, you... adopted her?"

"Exactly."

Claire looked slightly sick. "I can't see you as a father."

Owen froze. "You just don't know me." His eyes lit up and in the words of Mr. Gru, lightbulb. "Would you go out with me tomorrow night? Just out to eat."

Claire looked incredulous. "No."

Owen's hopes plummeted, and it must have shown on his face because she revised her statement. "Fine. Just one date."

Owen smiled wickedly. "That's all I need."

{I accept}
- Alexa Carson

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.8K 731 22
Naruto Uzumaki is the eldest of four siblings, born into the Uzumaki family, renowned for their strong chakra and their special connection to the Nin...
371K 14K 26
"မောင် မဆိုးစမ်းနဲ့ကွယ်" "ကျုပ်ကိုမချုပ်ခြယ်နဲ့"
96.4K 3.4K 63
His lessons on hiding the truth were from the Japanese Government itself who asked a bunch of middle schoolers not to even tell their parents that th...
200K 4.6K 31
Orphaned at a very early age, a young man goes through self-discovery as he uncovers his demonic past and faces a heavenly challenge. After discoveri...