Tiger's Eye - Book 1

By ShellMarie35

Rolla Carter's life comes crashing down and she goes on a journey of self-discovery to find her real family a... More

Tiger's Eye
Part I: Hidden - Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14: Anniversary Date
Chapter 15: The Gods Come Back
Chapter 16: Meeting Two Families
Chapter 17: Samoulte
Chapter 18: Weird Advantage
Chapter 19: Samoulte Powers
Chapter 20: Almost Death
Chapter 21: Do Not Disrespect the Gods
Chapter 22: Familial Betrayal
Chapter 23: Chosen Ones Are Here to Stay
Chapter 24: Secret Against the World
Chapter 25: Not the Evil Kind of Spy
Chapter 26: Time Traveling Together
Chapter 27: The Truth Gets Complicated
Chapter 28: Godly Call Outside the World
Chapter 29: City Walk Findings
Chapter 30: Original Tigma Powers
Chapter 31: Time to Start Preparing
Chapter 32: Don't Wanna Say Goodbye
Chapter 33: Gods Samoulte Connection
Chapter 34: Spy Reunion
Chapter 35: Something has Started
Chapter 36: Forgetting for A While
Chapter 37: 18 Years Young
Chapter 38: War Time Planning
Chapter 39: Caprika and Odyss Say Goodbye
Chapter 40: The Middle of the End
Chapter 41: The End of the Middle of the End
Chapter 42: Day 3 Morning
Chapter 43: Day 3 Afternoon
Chapter 45: Day 4
Chapter 46: Day 5 - Battle
Chapter 47: Battle with the Humans
Chapter 48: Time to Tell Murera
Chapter 49: Thank You Rolla
Chapter 50: Epilogue
Cheat Guides to the Tiger's Eye Series

Chapter 44: Day 3 Night

70 5 1
By ShellMarie35

Chapter 44: Day 3 Night

“I know Rolla,” Selma chuckled. “Bus to the motel.”

“And we are transferring buses five times so we can’t be tracked in case anybody catches on or recognizes us,” John said.

“I just want to make sure.”

“It’s okay, but we got it.”

“Good luck,” Pilote said.

“We’ll meet you there,” Topanga said.

They both nodded.

“Goodbye,” Selma hugged me.

“Goodbye,” I managed.

I hugged John next, “Bye.”

“Bye, see you there.”

I nodded and pulled away, “Go ahead.”

                        I blinked my eyes and when I opened them again they were gone, just like that. I could feel the breeze from their departure against my arms as Pilote took my hand. The hard floor against my bare feet felt colder all of the sudden. There are only three chosen ones left. Three chosen ones, Topanga, and Sam.

“Let’s go to the living room,” I said.

“What should we do?” Layal asked.

“I don’t know,” I replied. “Suggestions?”

                        We turned around and were ready to push the book down to go back to the house when Miranda ran down. Her dark hair tangled everywhere and filled with dirt. It looked like she was just in a fight or hasn’t showered in a week.

“How did you get in here?”

“I ran into John and Selma on the way down and they let me in before they left,” she answered.

“What happened to you?” Topanga asked. “Are you okay?”

“My family didn’t take it well,” she answered, “and they’re not happy.”

“Where have you been? We have not seen you since the spell.”

“I know, but before I explain can I sit down somewhere?”

“Sure,” I nodded, “Let’s go to the kitchen.”

                        I put my arm around her and waited for the rest of them to head to the kitchen before I followed behind with Miranda. She mumbled something I could not understand a few times before going silent again. I sat her down on one of the chairs and Pilote handed her a cup of coffee.

She took a sip of coffee and a few deep breaths before saying anything else. “I don’t know where to start,” she finally said. “So much has happened since I left here.”

“Just start at when you first left here,” I told her. “What happened when you went back to your family?”

“They were furious just like I said they would be,” she answered. “Everyone in the house started screaming at me for ruining everything. They said that thanks to me you would all feel superior to everyone else forever. That you would rule over everyone instead of living with everyone. My mother took out her spell book and said she was going to perform a spell to banish me forever. The spell would make sure that I forget everything about witches and Tigmas.”

“That obviously didn’t work,” Topanga said. “What happened next?”

“My mom was going to start the spell when my grandmother stepped forward and took the spell book from her. My mom was stunned. My grandmother does not say anything. She stays in the room silent. Nobody ever knows what she’s thinking about. She stepped forward and spoke. She said that I am the doppleganger of a trusted, beloved, and powerful witch from a long time ago. She said something else about there being a bigger plan for me than anyone could ever predict. The book sat back down on her table and she sat back down again.”

“Did your family leave you alone?”

Miranda shook her head, “After hearing my grandmother they knew they couldn’t perform a spell like that on me. They did perform a spell though. I don’t know what it was, but it was torture. The spell hoisted me up in the middle of our spell garden. It’s a circular garden in our backyard. We have included all four elements making our spells more affective. I stood in the air, had no control over my body, and the elements punished me. The soil and plants threw themselves at me, the wind blew against my face, the fire burned my body, and the water took it out. That’s how it was for the longest time. I guess my family must have changed the spell so it wouldn’t kill me, just punish me. Finally I was dropped. I don’t know whether they stopped it or it stopped on its own, but it finally stopped. I was so scared.”

“What did you do then?” I asked.

“I ran up to my room and packed my things as fast as I could. I packed clothes and all my spell things I needed. I even ran downstairs and stole a few spell books. My grandmother stopped me as I was ready to leave. She handed me the book in front of her and pulled another one out of her pocket. She said the book has to stay with me. That it was important for me to read it immediately. I took the books and ran. When I felt like I was finally far enough away I pulled the book out again and gasped at what the title was: Tigmas.”

“What?!”

Miranda nodded, “I opened the book and started reading it. It was written by my doppleganger. She knew I was going to exist. I don’t know how, but she did and she created this book especially for me. She placed a spell on the book so it would get handed down generation by generation and nobody would even open it until it reached me.”

                        I looked over at Topanga and could see tears forming in her eyes. It must be hard hearing about her family’s old friend. Knowing that her friend knew so much about the future that she had to keep a secret; knowing her friend is still trying to help us all these years later. My eyes scanned back over to Miranda and she took another sip of the coffee trying to gain enough confidence to continue the story.

“I was meant to perform that spell for you. I was meant to have that fall out with my family. All of this was meant to happen. I didn’t realize it until I read her instructions, but there is a plan for this war. For thousands maybe millions of years our ancestors have been planning this out for us.”

“What’s your job now?”

“I have one more spell to perform,” she said.

“What spell?” Topanga asked.

Miranda looked over at her, “You know what spell. You invented it.”

“What?” I looked at Topanga. “What is she talking about?”

“It’s not possible,” Topanga shook her head, “It’s not. I was just kidding. That can’t be part of the plan! What could she possibly do for us now?!”

“What is going on?!” I demanded.

Miranda looked at me, “A long time ago Topanga and my doppleganger were talking. She knew Topanga was going to live forever and she was jealous. They made a pact to bring her back to life and she promised that when she is brought back –“

“No,” Topanga interrupted. “That spell is not happening. I was just a girl then and so was she! We were just joking around and she only actually created the spell because she was jealous of me. If we bring her back before this war we are completely screwed.”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“My friend and her parents did A LOT of great things for the Tigmas, but there is one thing my friend didn’t have in common with her parents. Her parents were generous, but she was only jealous. She wanted power. Her parents had to put restrictions on her power so she wouldn’t go overboard. She could create all the spells she wanted, but she would never perform them. I’m sure that’s why Miranda is here today. Miranda, you have enough power to perform all of her dangerous spells, but look at the fine print. The consequences of those spells are not worth it.”

“What is the spell supposed to do?” Pilote asked.

“She promised to bring back all of our loved ones,” Sam said.

“Wouldn’t that be a good thing?” Pilote asked.

“No,” Topanga said, “It wouldn’t. People die for a reason. You can’t just bring back everyone you love because you’re scared to lose them. You can’t bring back the dead without paying the consequences. Other people die by bringing some back. You have to keep the balance. Besides, your loved ones are never the same after coming back from the dead. They’ve changed. If she comes back she will be even worse than she was before. She will try to win the war by giving the Tigmas all the power. She will push our family off of the thrown and make herself Queen and give herself credit for winning the war. I took a peek at the spell after she created it. I know the fine print better than you do Miranda. It’s not worth it. Bringing people back from the dead isn’t the answer.”

“You could win the war.”

“Not that way,” Topanga answered, “It is not an option. If you want to help us then be more like her parents and less like her. I don’t know what that book says, but she is part of the reason why I ran away.”

“What else does the book say?” I asked Miranda. “Is there anything else important?”

“I know she’s selfish and I know she was jealous, but she’s a genius. There is another spell. She performed the spell already, but it’s starting when the war starts.”

“What spell?” I asked.

“It’s called Half-breed. She linked the humans and the Tigmas.”

“How? Is that possible?”

“Five humans, five Tigmas, five couples, and each separated by 100 years. According to my calculations the first soulmate half-breed is coming together in less than two days.”

“Oh my God,” I said.

“She’s brilliant,” Pilote said, “Just brilliant.”

“What?” Layal said. “What does that mean?”

“It means she found a way to convince the humans we deserve to live in peace with them,” I answered.

“That’s how she fits,” Pilote said.

I nodded, “That’s how she fits.”

“There’s only one thing I have to do to continue the spell,” Miranda said.

“And what is that?” Topanga asked.

“I need something of the girl’s. I need to use something of hers, grasp it in my hands, and repeat the words on this page. It will active this half-breed curse.”

“I’ll get something,” Pilote said and left the room.

“Anybody wanna explain?” Topanga said, “even I’m lost at this point.”

“Think about it,” I said, “Even if we win the war what’s to guarantee the humans will like us? What’s to guarantee they will let us live in peace with them after seeing us kill the Silthra? We need to win them over. We need to prove to them that we won’t hurt them. Your friend thought of that. She created the curse. The half-breed curse will bind those five couples together, five humans and five Tigmas, and for over 500 years we will have that connection with the humans.”

Topanga took a breath, “Convincing the humans.”

“Exactly,” I said.

“But how do you know who this couple is?” Layal asked me.

“Seth gave us some information. They were clues our ancestors left us about the war. It’s Nikki. Somehow Nikki was bound to us and I didn’t really understand why. It was like she had all the potential to be a chosen one, but they didn’t chose her. Then Seth told us that she would be the reason we fix things with the humans. Suddenly it made sense. Now it makes even more sense.”

Layal nodded and shook her head, “Our ancestors really worked this out for us.”

“They did,” I said, “our destinies were set long before we were even before.”

“I know the feeling,” Miranda said, “It makes you feel like you have no control over yourself. You can hardly be yourself because it was already chosen for you.”

“You always have a choice,” I said, “I’ve learned to embrace it. I like what they wanted me to become. It forces me to work hard so I won’t let them down.”

Pilote returned and gave over a necklace to Miranda, “This should do it.”

“Thank you,” she said.

“Sam and I will take her up to the meeting room,” Topanga said. “We’ll keep an eye out on her.”

“Then we’re taking her to your parents,” Sam said, “and making sure they never let her out of their sight.”

“We can’t afford for that spell to be activated,” Topanga said, “I am not letting her come back.”

I nodded, “Good idea.”

“Everyone else rest for the night,” Sam said, “We have this under control.”

“Thanks guys,” I smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 0 13
Willow has always wondered what hid behind those trees on the edge of town. Did it have something to do with her missing mother? Taking the brave ste...
4.3K 96 23
Taylor had it all. She had a good husband and a nice house to one day have kids but when her husband decides to call it quits after five years, she i...
742 8 26
Jenny is desperate to escape her life. Kyle is desperate to find his life. They both hope and wish for a fresh beginning along the way they discover...
553 76 34
Lily has always thought that there was something different about herself. She knows she is human but has always wondered what it is that makes her di...