Waiting For My Mate

De Veikari

Laxus is waiting for Freed to return from a mission and Freed has no idea what is waiting for him when he wou... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
The Last Chapter
little update

Chapter 25

7.1K 211 12
De Veikari

Four days went by fast when in mornings and noon they went to the Guild or trained for the Autumn Festival and evenings they spent at home just the two of them. Freed was happier than ever and he was hoping that this would continue forever.

But the mating season didn't last forever. In his heart he felt agonising fear of what could happen after the season. Despite Laxus promising over and over again that nothing would change Freed was still scared since they couldn't possibly be sure what was going to happen.

Then at that morning Freed woke up and he immediately noticed Laxus was not there even before opening his eyes. There was no snoring and no heat coming from the other side of the bed. The man who usually slept until noon had already got up and didn't inform Freed where he was going.

The rune mage sighed and he felt how his stomach was tied in knots and deep sorrow was eating him up from the inside. All this really was too good to be true, huh? He had known it from the start. He couldn't possibly have such a happiness for more than one week... He was after all Freed the Dark, demon who was meant to live his life in the shadows only once in a while able to experience true happiness, so when every time he was sent back he would fall deeper and deeper in the grief and darkness until he would never again get his hopes up.

But it had been an amazing week. He would treasure these memories, how wonderful it had been to be loved by Laxus in a way he had only dreamed for so long... He should be honoured and glad, he had one amazing week with Laxus before everything would vanish. Maybe Laxus even wanted him to resing from the Thunder Legion? He would do so if that would be what his Thunder God wanted if this all felt now too awkward for him. He would even leave the Fairy Tail if Laxus wanted that. This week was all worth that.

Freed sighed and he fought back so he wouldn't cry, crying wouldn't help. He should just get up, get dressed up and leave. This was not his home after all.

When getting up he realized he was sweating and his head hurt. No wonder he was sweating since he had probably in his sleep gathered all three blankets over him and he huffed when he finally got a gasp of cool air. Wait what? Three blankets? They had only one big blanket in this bed usually so where did the two others come from?

Freed moved blankets aside and he got up, slightly swaying as his head felt dizzy. He needed some water he must have dehydration because of all the sweating. He quickly grabbed his clothes, cleaned himself and dressed up - with huge pain in his heart he had to leave the old orange hoodie on the chair - and just tied his hair up in a high ponytail.

He was ready to go and let Laxus to go back to his normal life. He was obviously never actually meant to be part of it. But even if only just for a week, Freed was happy that it happened. He had something to remind him he had felt for a moment what true happiness could be.

The swordsman stepped in the hallway and looked around. Laxus probably was at the Guild, he should head there too so they could talk about the next mission.

At the Guild he smiled slightly when he saw Natsu and Gajeel acting normal again. It should be relief for Lucy and Levy since they were kinda annoyed because Natsu and Gajeel were always tagging along where ever they go and always fighting if someone glimpsed towards their mate.

The mating season was really over.

"Good morning, Freed", Mira smiled as he approached the bar and sat down.

"Good morning, Mirajane", Freed smiled slightly. "It seems like everything is back to how it used to be."

"Yes, They are acting normal again and Natsu has been challenging everyone, so keep your guards up", she chuckled.

"No need to worry, I'm really not in a mood to fight with anyone", Freed laughed.

"You certainly don't seem like feeling well", Mira noticed. "You look feverish."

"No, I just slept badly, nothing more", the rune mage assured.

"Laxus might get worried."

"Who knows? I have not yet seen him in this morning, I thought he might be here but I guess I was wrong. Could you please bring me a cup of tea in our usual table?"

"Sure", Mira promised and Freed stood up and went to the stairs. Soon after that the white haired mage appeared on the second floor and put the cup on the table. "Are you sure you're okay?" she asked worried. "You look so pale..."

"I'm honestly fine, Mirajane. But thank you for your concern", Freed smiled and Mira left back to the bar giving him still one worried look on her way.

Freed lifted the cup on his lips and the tea really helped him to calm down a little. He just sat there and read the newspaper he managed to get. Nothing new - or at least nothing chaotic - was going on in Fiore. There was something written about the festival the Fairy Tail was about to arrange. Master Makarov was of course promising this would be the festival no-one could forget. Freed could only hope that would be because the festival was a big hit, not because they managed to destroy once again everything...

After he had drank the tea Freed pinched the bridge of his nose. His headache was getting worse. Maybe he really should go home and try to rest a little bit. He could use his time trying to come up with something for the festival since he had not yet come up with anything. He had just helped Laxus to train his own show.

The swordsman got up and slowly walked down the stairs, he didn't want to misstep now when he was feeling dizzy.

"I think I might follow your advise and go home", he said to Mira who smiled.

"Thank god, you really look like you should rest properly", she said. "I'll inform Laxus and others when I see them."

"Thank you, that would be quite helpful", Freed smiled, nodded and left the Guild. Bright sunlight made his head to ache even more so he would just walk straight home without stopping anywhere.

He hardly took two steps outside the Guild when he almost got startled to death because of angry: "Freed!"

With confuse he lifted his gaze and saw Laxus who seemed to be really pissed off right now.

"L-Laxus... Good morning", he stuttered because of the sudden appearance and he hadn't yet actually come up with what he would say to Laxus next time they would see each other! Now he just had to quickly figure something out. Always put Laxus' needs first, with that rule he should be able to handle this somehow.

"Don't you act like everything is just normal, Freed", Laxus snarled and Freed was lost.

"W-what do you mean?" he asked carefully. "Are you mad at me?" Of course he was he could see it all over Laxus' face and hear it from his voice. Everything was really over? They were once again only team members, if Laxus of course still would let him stay...

"Mad? I'm fucking furious!" Laxus shouted frowning.

"I know I deserve that", Freed said with submissive tone, lowering his gaze.

"Glad you understand that much", blond snorted.

"I understand that this must be hard for you, now that everything is back to normal. I should do my best and make this easier to you. Maybe I should take a mission that would last couple of months, take some distance so you have time to -"

"The fuck you're blabbering about?"

"T-the season. It's over now."

"Yeah? So?"

"Umm... I just... I mean..." Freed stammered trying to explain himself and ignore how his throat was aching like someone was tightening rope around his neck. He felt like someone was holding his heart in a tight grab and squeezing painfully.

"Is this again about that after the mating season thing?" Laxus asked. "I swear to god I thought you were already over with it. But no, here you are, walking around despite you should be resting and your head is probably filled with worst possible scenarios and you look like you might cry at any second", he growled and Freed's eyes widened. "You idiot have a fever, you should be in bed."

"B-but..." greenette stuttered and he was now shocked. Laxus didn't hate him? "S-so where were you? I thought..."

"Of course you thought that I wanted you out of my house, I should have known", blond grumbled. "I was looking for Porlyusica so she would come and check how bad your condition was", he said and grabbed Freed's hand pulling him along as they started their journey back to Laxus' house.

"I'm fine, Laxus", Freed assured and he smiled slightly. Laxus was not going to drive him away! He still wanted him in his house!

"Like hell you are okay, you don't remember a thing about the morning, huh?"

"Remember?" Freed blinked and he had no idea what Laxus was talking about.

"You had a really bad fever, I almost didn't get you to eat the medicine! And you were so quiet, not saying a thing and you didn't react when I tried to ask you how you were feeling, for a moment I was really scared what was happening. Obviously you are feeling much better now thanks to the medicine but you're going to stay in the bed until Porlyusica says it's okay for you to get up."

"Is she at your house now?"

"No, I couldn't find her, she wasn't at her cottage. I left her a note about the situation and told her to come over."

"You know she doesn't like that", Freed chuckled. "She always says that she don't want to visit guild members at their home since she is not some doctor from the small village who can be called over anytime."

"Now she just has to tolerate that", Laxus muttered.

"And what was with all those blankets?"

"I didn't want that you would feel cold while I was away."

"One blanket is enough, Laxus."

They arrived at the house and Freed smiled looking around. He was back. Laxus wanted him to stay. Well sure, he had to go back to his home at some point but they could still be together as a couple.

"Get to bed", Laxus ordered. "You can continue daydreaming there."

"If that is what you want", Freed smiled and left his coat on the rack, boots at the entry and headed towards the bedroom.

At the door he looked at Laxus.

"But what about the food?" he asked. "Are you going to make us the breakfast?" he asked and was now worried. Laxus could make food edible but it wasn't really tasty.

"I already told Bickslow to get us some pizza", Laxus said. Yeah, he didn't like his cooking either. "He shouldn't take long now. That thing is covered now so go to bed!" he roared and Freed winced and slipped to the bedroom.

There was no need to shout like that Freed thought to himself when he untied his ascot scarf. But... In some odd way he also liked it. Laxus was worried and taking care of him, but not yet too much so it would feel suffocating. He knew that he was sick so he understood that Laxus was worried.

The swordsman slumped on the bed. He was so happy he didn't even care any more if his head ached a little or he was feeling worn out because of the fever. He was back at Laxus' place, laying in his bed and even if the mating season was over they were still together.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

79.8K 1.8K 20
You are a fire mage with unusual fire magic. You make the fire take shape and smell and taste like different things. (For example you can make a fire...
233K 1K 13
❌❗️REQUESTS CLOSED❗️❌ ❗️WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT 18+ AUDIENCES ONLY❗️ (If you read it and you are not 18+ then that is your decisi...
44.1K 1.1K 30
Fraxus mating season Laxus believes he's to be with Mira, but what happens when she's gone for his mating season? Laxus discovers the truth but rejec...
1.3K 52 11
(Y/n) (L/n) isn't new to Fairy Tail. She was away on a mission for a few years. Sadly, her job she went on failed. She wasn't able to complete her m...