I AM (Connor X OC) - DBH

By omnomnomfood

Connor - Detroit: Become Fanfic (Connor X OC) Hello. I am an CR300 Android, designed to serve you, the Detro... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Introductions
Chapter 2: Too Boring
Chapter 3: Undercover
Chapter 4: Bolts
Chapter 5: No Time
Chapter 6: Machine Things
Chapter 7: Pistol
Chapter 8: Twenty One Percent
Chapter 9: Whatever Deviants Do
Chapter 10: Christen
Chapter 11: Programming Errors
Chapter 12: Tea Time
Chapter 13: Thousands
Chapter 14: White Shirt
Chapter 15: Blackout
Chapter 16: Critical Failure
Chapter 17: Replacable
Chapter 18: Mission Complete
Chapter 19: Exponential Curve
Chapter 20: Deviants
Chapter 21: Honey and Mint
Chapter 22: Escape
Chapter 23: Adrenaline
Chapter 24: Deputy Lance's Problem
Chapter 25: ERRORS
Chapter 26: Generic
Chapter 27: Rooftop
Chapter 28: Out Again
Chapter 29: Christen San Diego
Chapter 30: Capitol Park
A/N: Your Thoughts?
Chapter 31: Understanding
Chapter 32: Lockjaw
Chapter 33: BDN
Chapter 34: Smoking Gun
Chapter 35: Amanda's Motherly Love
Chapter 36: Evidence
Chapter 37: Undercover...Without Lance
Chapter 38: Welcome to Jericho
Chapter 39: This is What Deviants Do
Chapter 40: Holy Grail
Chapter 41: The Deviant Within
Chapter 42: Cyberlife Tower - Part 1
Chapter 43 - Cyberlife Tower - Part 2
Chapter 44 - Promises
Chapter 45 - White Noise
Chapter 46 - Polaris
Chapter 47 - Wake Up
Chapter 48 - <b>Nick Lance</b>
Chapter 49 - Total Recall
Chapter 50 - Remember Me
Chapter 51 - Midnight Starlight
Chapter 52 - Chocolate
Chapter 53 - Markus
Chapter 54 - New to Deviancy
Chapter 55 - The Dynamic Duo
Chapter 56 - Small Miracles
Chapter 57 - Christmas - Part 1
Chapter 58 - Christmas - Part 2
Chapter 59 - Christmas - Part 3
Chapter 60 - Christmas Part 4
Chapter 61 - Christmas - Part 5
Comment Hall of Fame
Chapter 62 - Christmas - Part 6
Chapter 63 - Christmas - Part 7
Chapter 64 - Nightcap
Chapter 65 - Morning After
Chapter 66 - Hot Fuzz
Chapter 67 - RK900
Chapter 69 - Boyfriend(s)
Chapter 70 - Deliberate Loss
Chapter 71 - Control Freak
Chapter 72 - Resignation
Chapter 73 - Dead Silence
Chapter 74 - The First Element
Chapter 75 - The Second Element
Chapter 76 - The Third Element
Chapter 77 - The Fourth Element
Chapter 78 - The Reaction
Chapter 79 - Combustion
Chapter 80 - Mom's Divorce
Chapter 81 - Serial Killer Defined
Chapter 82 - Hard Work
Chapter 83 - In Light
Chapter 84 - Stilettos
Chapter 85 - Snow and Sleet
Chapter 86 - Gay Uncle
Chapter 87 - Work Hard
Chapter 88 - Ikea
Chapter 89 - Carnage
Chapter 90 - Messy and Forgetful
Chapter 91 - Take a Break
Chapter 92 - Dancing in the Rain
Chapter 93 - Good Cop
Chapter 94 - The Good Day
Chapter 95 - A Proposal For Deputy Lance
Epilogue
10 Questions
Sequel Update!!!
Final Sequel Update

Chapter 68 - The Edge

2.2K 99 148
By omnomnomfood

"Connor...I'm running out of space for the flowers," I said, letting him into the house. After the work day, I headed home immediately, knowing that Connor would be over soon. I expected Nick and Connor to arrive at the same time, but strangely enough, Nick wasn't here at all. Kyle is here...meaning that Nick already came home, and dropped him off.

I suppose he's out. Doing something.

Connor walked inside and handed me yet another bouquet. This time, he followed me back to my bedroom. My bedroom was relatively unchanged from when Christen occupied it. I have some chairs in the corner, and...there was no need for a computer. So, that's all that really changed. I placed the flowers next to the others and turned on the light.

"I think we should stay in here. I don't know when Nick will be home, and I don't know likely he is to make fun of us for hours on end."

Connor chuckled. "That is highly likely with Nick Lance," Connor said, nodding.

"You'll never guess who I met today," I said, sitting down in the chair across from him.

"Who?" Connor asked, with genuine interest.

"Connor," I answered.

"Yes? Who?" Connor responded confused.

"Connor," I explained.

"Ohhhh," Connor sighed. "I just don't know why he's taller than me."

"I...don't like him," I responded.

"He's...me? I feel targeted," Connor responded.

"No. He's not...you're you. He's not-you but he has your past. It's uncomfortable."

"Oh, Charlotte," Connor said chuckling. "I really hope we don't find a way to make the CR400 deviant because this conversation will come back to bite you in the ass."

"Oh, you mean to say that when you meet my crazy twin sister as a deviant, you won't be the slightest bit uncomfortable?"

"No, because I'm cool, calm, and collected," Connor answered, taking out his coin, and flipping nonchalantly.

"Oh. Yeah. Cool. Calm. Collected. Those are the qualities of someone who became deviant from Markus chastising them," I answered. Connor smirked a bit at my response, and then...suddenly, his LED flashed red, he froze, and he dropped his coin. He dropped his coin? Connor...the most meticulous bastard on the planet.

"Connor, are you-"

"Shh," Connor ordered me. I suddenly heard footsteps. Connor took his gun and held it close to his waist.

"Connor, it's probably just Nick," I explained. We suddenly heard two male laughs. Two? One was obviously Nick, but the other I couldn't recognize.

"See? It's Nick...and...his bodyguard, I guess," I explained shrugging. Connor sighed deeply in relief.

"Sorry. I'm on edge," He responded.

"So cool, calm, and collected," I joked. Connor didn't respond. Tough crowd. "Sorry."

"No...I'm sorry. I love you, and I'm sorry," Connor said softly.

"Whoa, whoa. Why the sudden mood change?" I asked confused.

"Because...I love you...and I'm sorry about it. I'm sorry I do," Connor explained.

"Do you not like me? Did I do something wrong? Why are you saying this?" I asked, scared. Is he trying to say he doesn't want to be with me?

"I love you so much. I just...worry about you, all the time. I don't you to be hurt, but I can't treat you the way I want to. I want to watch like a bird in a cage just so I can keep you safe, but that would be terrible. I just love you so much, I don't want you to get hurt. So I'm on edge, and I worry. All day at the precinct, all I could think about was you. You and the stupid CR400," Connor said, pacing about.

"Okay. That's okay," I said, stepping in front of his path. I took his hands, like Christen, and North, and Markus, and even Connor himself had done before. I suddenly realized why they did it. They were explaining to me things without words. Except now, Connor needs to hear them spoken."This is what deviancy is. It's emotions, both bad and good. Each one is more powerful and stronger than before. You realize wrong you've done, and good you've done. You realize how you've felt, for so long. For...months. You realize that maybe living is harder you realized. But...none of that is wrong. None of that is stupid or silly. It's real. And I...I love you, Connor. I'm not sorry about it either. I worry about you, and how you feel all the time. It's the downfall of being in love."

Connor looked at me in my eyes. Just a simple stare, before immediately kissing me. He's always been quite...passionate, but this time, it was more than I was expecting. I think I could've tripped and fallen backward, had it not been for Connor's tight grip on my waist.

"You know you're beautiful?" Connor whispered as he kissed my cheek.

"Sure," I answered, weakly. Connor smirked, while just sort of holding me close to him.

"Is that your pistol in your pocket?" I asked. "Or...are you just happy to see me?"

Connor chuckled before casually taking his pistol out of its holster and setting it on the nightstand. I followed, and Connor looked at me.

"Are we both thinking the same thing?" I asked.

"A little bit," Connor answered. I stepped back and sat on the edge of the bed. Connor followed and sat next to me. Slowly we began to kiss. He helped me take off my bomber jacket as I fiddled with the buttons on his shirt. Connor chuckled.

"Give me a moment to breathe," he said laughing. He moved over so that instead of characteristically straddling me, he was to the left of me.

"Connor, look at how far we've came," I sighed, taking my leg up to my chest.

"Just two weeks ago, I was surprised you were even alive," he sighed. "I've never been so thankful to see a set of hazel eyes."

"You didn't tell me the RK900 has your memories."

Connor sighed. "I didn't think it'd be an issue."

"Oh, it's not," I explained, taking Connor's hand and holding it. "In fact, he actually shared something very interesting with me today."

"I knew you were going to find out eventually. Listen, I didn't know how far apart the floor and the window were, so I crashed in quite an awkward position."

"Connor...what the fuck?" I questioned.

"Oh. Nevermind. Go on."

"He explained to me that you had felt a connection to me, before you were deviant."

"That's true. I've been in love with you since the moment I met you. I don't know how, but I'm perfectly okay with  it."

"That's adorable...and I have loved you too. I'm thinking there may be more to that though."

"Like what, exactly?" Connor questioned.

"Maybe we knew each other before," I explained. "We were Cyberlife's test monkeys. There's no telling what lies in our programming or what lies in a hidden memory-"

"Respectfully, Charlotte...none of that matters," Connor said, giving me a soft smile. "I love you. Right now. In the present, and since I remember you. I realized a long time ago that we shared common development cycles, and a common program. I realized that we probably did know one another. None of that matters though, because I know you now. And I love you now."

God...he's sweet. "You are going to give me a cavity."

"Good thing were androids," Connor said, winking. Connor loosened his tie, and took it off.

"Oh...bad decisions, bad decisions," I mumbled. At this point, Connor and I were staring directly down the barell of a gun labeled 'honeymoon activities.'

"Bad decisions," Connor mumbled as well. To always be so methodical, around me, Connor has warmed up. Became more in touch with his feelings. I appreciate it.

"Connor...we're tempting fate here," I said softly.

"Tempting is a weak word," Connor sighed. "I'm just thankful to be here with you. Like this."

"Oh sure, sure. You just always have to be so amazing," I answered. Connor gave me a soft laugh. Connor touched my cheek gently.

"Well...let's talk this through rationally," Connor explained.

"Fine."

"Were you also originally designed to be a romantic partner?" Connor asked.

"Yes," I answered.

"Would like to test those capabilities?" Connor asked. I took a moment to think.

"Yes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 447 25
Y/N has worked as a detective with the detroit police force for almost a year now. Although she hasn't worked there long, the 23 year old is respecte...
192 1 13
You're a 25 year old woman and you've been living in Detroit ever since you were born. It's been 7 years since you graduated from high school, but yo...
44.6K 950 30
{ infatuated: to inspire or posses with a foolish or unreasoning passion, as of love } Detective Anna Jane gets paired up with her colleague Hank And...
68.6K 2.2K 20
This story is set during the events of Detroit: Become Human because I'm really bad at one shots. This is a Connor/reader. M/F. Censored swearing. Th...