The Candles Will Protect You

Oleh quilldrop

***A/N: I WILL REWRITE THIS STORY BECAUSE IT'S AWFUL, SO IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, YOU CAN FOLLOW ME, SO YOU'LL B... Lebih Banyak

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note

Chapter 10

24.8K 648 10
Oleh quilldrop

It seemed like I was the only one who was surprised out of the two of us.

She came out of her room, and after wiping her face with the back of her hand, she looked up at us, a light smile taking over her features.

Her skin was even paler than it usually is, her long, platinum blonde hair falling over her shoulders, cascading around her waist. Her light blue dress complimented her body, which was kind of muscular (well, she was a werewolf), yet still feminine.

I looked into her eyes, which were a gorgeous shade of blue, yet they were filled with emptiness.

"Oh my god..."

I couldn't believe it. She was one of them.

"Tiffany?"

"Hey, girl," she let out a light chuckle.

"Why are you not surprised to see me? Did you know?" I looked at her questioningly.

"I heard..."

She locked eyes with Ares, a knowing smirk on her lips.

"Good morning, Mister Alpha."

"Hello, Tiffany," he greeted her back with a smile.

"Well," Tara clapped her hands, smiling, "now that everyone's here, shall we sit down?"

Everyone else nodded, while I was deep in thought.

"Wait!"

They turned towards me, surprised at the tone of my voice. I looked at Tiffany.

"What about Drake?"

"He's my mate, of course," she said calmly.

"Your mate?!"

I saw Ares staring at me in silence, a gentle smile on his lips.

"Yes, my mate," she nodded.

"Then why isn't he... you know... here?"

Her features turned sad, and she let out a small sigh.

"I wanted him to come live with me, obviously, but he didn't want to leave his father alone."

"Oh... But he... He knows, right?"

"He does."

I nodded, then everyone settled down, and I sat down on one of the sofas, next to Ares.

It wasn't anything extraordinary, mostly small talk. They told me a little more about themselves, and how happy they were that Ares finally found his mate.

All in all, I had a nice time, so I was glad we came.

After saying goodbye to them, we started heading back to Ares' house.

We were walking next to each other in silence, my arms crossed, and his in his pockets.

"Hey," I spoke up quietly.

"Yes?"

He glanced down at me, his eyes sincere.

"Is that what it's like when you're separated from your mate?"

Ares knew I was talking about Tiffany. Yeah, she was smiling and all, because we were there, but she couldn't hide the emptiness in her eyes. Also, she was hiding in her room before we arrived, and her mother said she was acting down in the past days.

"No," he said in a stern voice, which made me look up at him, confusion written all over my face.

"No?" I asked back.

He stayed silent for a few seconds, then he continued.

"It's much worse."

"What do you mean?"

"Tiffany's one of the strongest female's I know. Both physically, and mentally. I don't know how, but she can manage to be away from her mate and still act like this."

"But she locked herself in her room, and her eyes-"

"Rhea," Ares stopped, looking down at me with a gentle smile. "Most werewolves would have gone insane by now, or even died of sadness. I think she's holding up very well."

His words made me shocked. I didn't think it was that serious.

"Oh," I pouted. "Then I guess it makes sense that you can't break up with your mate. I can't even begin to imagine what would happen then..."

He looked away from me, his jaw clenched.

"Yeah."

I furrowed my eyebrows, searching his face.

"Is something wrong?"

"No," he cleared his throat. "Let's just go back to the house."

I nodded slowly, then we continued our walking.

Arriving at the house, I noticed there was a bag on the ground, and next to it...

"Is that my-"

"Took you long enough."

I looked up, completely surprised. Drake was leaning against the wall, a grin on his lips.

Smiling back, I ran up to him, greeting my best friend with a hug, which he returned.

"Hello, Drake," Ares said in a low voice.

He pulled away from me, nodding to him with a slight smile.

"I brought her stuff, like you asked," he looked at my suitcase, then back to Ares.

"Thanks."

"Wait a minute..."

My eyes travelled back and forth between the two of them.

"You two know each other?"

"You could say that, yeah," Drake chuckled.

"I will take your suitcase upstairs," Ares looked at me. "You can talk to him in private for a while if you want."

"Thanks," I smiled at him gratefully.

He nodded, taking my stuff and walking inside.

Drake sat down on one of the stairs, so I did the same.

"So, how are you?"

After seeing the look on my face, he broke out in a light laugh.

"Is it too much?"

"A little," I smiled.

"You'll get used to it. Oh, and don't worry about your parents. I took care of that."

"If you weren't my best friend, I would think you murdered them..."

"Who says I didn't?" He grinned.

"Not funny."

"Kind of," he nudged my arm playfully.

"You're the worst," I chuckled.

We fell silent, then he glanced back at me, his features changing from joking to serious.

"What do you think about him?"

A sigh escaped my lips, and I buried my face in my hands. A few seconds later, I turned my head in Drake's direction.

"I... I feel like I can trust him, you know. I mean, I tried to keep my guard around him at first, but I feel this pull... It's like I've known him all my life, yet I don't. I feel like I should give in, but at the same time, I'm just... I'm..."

"Scared?"

I nodded, my head hanging low.

He put his arm around my shoulder in a comforting way.

"You can trust him."

We stayed like that for a while, then he let out a deep sigh.

"I think I should go find Tiff now."

"Oh, of course!"

I stood up quickly, hugging him one more time.

He said goodbye, then with his bag on his shoulder, he walked away to reunite with his love.

A/N:
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. I will try to get back to this story and update as soon as I can.
I hope you like the story, and a huge thank you to everyone who voted/commented on it. Thanks for reading, I hope you're not disappointed!
Have a beautiful day! x

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

26 0 9
Dana must navigate her magic role in the Moon Stone pack while hiding her true self from her mate. After finding the subject of her search, she had t...
Aura Oleh Liveoutloud99

Manusia Serigala

45.2K 2.5K 31
"Don't think of him... Kiss me" he growls. Oh gods I want to... I lick my lips. He growls again and pulls me tight against him. "You're mine" he wh...
11.2K 186 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
396K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...