In the Moonlight [Completed]

By Red_Pheonix26

"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 8

1.1K 40 3
By Red_Pheonix26

Alexa's PoV

I woke up that morning, exhausted and with a splitting headache. Will drove me home last friday after the party ended. Max didn't even show up after I last saw him though. Ace was mad at him, but not surprised.

I spent the whole weekend in bed, feeling sick. The headache was just a plus.

I groaned as I rolled out of bed, pulling the comforter off of me.

I hadn't even slept much as I kept replaying friday's events over and over again.

I walked into the kitchen, the cold tiled floor nipping at my bare feet.

I grabbed a glass of water and swallowed some painkillers wishing the pain would go away.

My eyes looked up at the clock. Six in the morning?! Damn..

My feet carried me back to my warm bed.

Just ten more minutes.

.... Or thirty.

Nope, someone must hate me because I heard a crash from downstairs. The noise echoed in my ears.

"I'm up, I'm up geez." I muttered.

I found Matt cooking breakfast whilst my mom watched something on her phone, a frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" I wondered. A worried look slipping onto my face.

"Yeah, it's just tough at work, so I'm tired." She looked up at me, "thanks for worrying, but how about you?"

"Huh?" For some reason, that took me by surprise.

"I saw you walk downstairs, what are you doing up so early, you have another hour to sleep?"

"I just have a headache, don't worry about me." I smiled, walking forward to hug her.

There was a lot going on with the trio but I didn't want to worry my mum. I kept referring to them as that, well, it works.

She held me tightly, "tell me if you need anything."

"Of course." I nodded.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal before getting ready for school and heading out. Not before saying bye to my mom and Matt though, who waved as I walked out.

I was wearing blue jeans paired with white vans and a cropped burgundy jumper, which covered my stomach completely though as it was too cold right now.

I held my arms around myself trying to warm up as I waited at the bus stop.

When the bus finally arrived, I hopped onto it. Sighing as the heat warmed my cheeks.

I sat in my usual seat, staring out the window.

The bus stopped again at the next stop, where Isaac and Ace got on.

Where's Max?

Why did I care? He had basically abandoned me last night. I was still confused at the emotions that had suddenly overwhelmed me that night. It's like out of nowhere all the intrigue and pull I had towards him multiplied by a thousand, no, a million.

I sighed and rested my head on the window.

"Hey it's that idiot again." Isaac was trying to wind me up again.

Unfortunately for him, that wasn't working, I wasn't in the mood, my headache hadn't fully gone away.

"Stop bothering her." Ace stood up for me after Isaac kept making comments.

Wait he stood up for me?

I couldn't help looking back at them.

"Shit you look terrible. Did you not have any sleep last night?" Isaac questioned, seemingly amused by how awful I looked.

"Yeah, something like that." I turned back around.

"Damn what's with both you and Max today, he was in such a terrible mood, I enjoyed watching you argue at school but he's not even in today."

That caught my attention. He was in a bad mood? What had I done to put him in such a bad mood? Wait, I didn't do anything! I needed answers from him.

"Where is he?" I looked at Isaac, serious.

"Home sick." He looked completely bored as he answered.

Well, skipping wasn't an option, I guess I would go see him after school.

Classes went by horribly that day. My headache just kept getting worse.

We sat around our usual lunch table, I massaged my temples hoping to get the ringing to stop.

"Alex, are you ok?" Cathy look at me worridly. "You've been out of it all day."

"I've got such a terrible headache, do you hear ringing?"

Cathy shot me a sympathetic look whilst passing me a bottle of water and telling me to keep drinking a lot.

Ace was staring at me, without his usual comments he seemed weird.

He whispered under his breath "It's only going to get worse dammit." I don't think I was meant to hear it.

What did that mean?

After the bell rung, which today made me feel like my head was going to explode, I was pulled into an empty hallway by Ace as I was making my way to class.

"I'm warning you, I know how to punch!" What did he want with me.

He put his hands up in the air. "Calm down, save your breath, I'm trying to help you here."

"Help me how exactly? By pulling me into an empty hallway suspiciously?"

"No." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I need you to listen to me, its important. Look, I can't explain or answer your questions, but you need to go see Max."

What?

I mean, I was planning on getting answers anyway but why was it so important I went to visit him. Did he want me to help him get better or something?

He stared at me. "I meant like... Now."

"What?" This time I said out loud.

"Its not going to make sense but you need to listen to me."

His eyes pierced into mine, for some reason I listened to him.

"Okay." I agreed as if skipping school was such a great idea.

All of a sudden, I felt dizzy and stumbled whilst Ace easily caught me.

"Falling for me already huh." He smirked.

Aaand the normal Ace was back. Not that I knew him or anything.

"Come on, I'll come with you to the nurse, hopefully she'll let you go home, giving you an excuse to skip school."

That was actually a good idea.

Just like he predicted, I managed to get myself a note which I handed to the receptionist as she allowed me to leave.

I walked out, my heart rate increasing from the pain, as I made my way to the bus stop.

~~~~~
Max's PoV

(Friday night)

I stormed into the house, running up the stairs. I didn't care about the party anymore.

I heard a knock on my door as I collapsed on the bed.

"Can I come in?" I head Ace's muffled voice.

I didn't answer.

He came in anyway. Bastard.

He looked at me, tilting his head.

"Why weren't you back by ten? You know how important that could have been, you could have found your-" I covered his mouth with my hand before he could finish.

"Don't even say it." My voice came out harsher than I planned it to.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

I thought about it. As much as I didn't want to, I needed to tell someone, and I trusted Ace the most.

"I left the party remember? After telling you I needed air?"

He nodded as I continued with my story. "Alexa came out, she found me by the pool. I was confused when I started talking to her and walked away."

"O-kay? That's not that shocking" he gave me a skeptical look.

"She followed me." I closed my eyes. "And then I guess it turned out to be ten o'clock as she stopped me." I still remembered her scent, it surrounded me and I couldn't stop thinking about it. When you find your mate her scent becomes a lot stronger, not only that but you become addicted to it as though nothing could smell nicer than her.

"Oh no." Was all he could mutter as he guessed the rest.

"She's my mate. That, human is my mate!" I could barely get the words out.

Ace looked at me. "You're screwed man, Isaac's going to banish you.... Or kill her."

I couldn't help but let out a growl at those last words.

"Hmmm but, you need to explain things to her. You know you can't stay away for long. A mate is special." He gave me a serious look.

"What do I do?" I felt completely lost. I couldn't let Isaac hurt her, even though she irritated me, I couldn't help those overwhelming feelings.

"He has a reason though, the exact same reason I don't want a human mate! Especially one as insane as her."

"Why? Because she stood up to us? I actually like her."

"Stay away from her."

He chuckled. "Wow, my Max is actually caring about a girl. This is new, I've been replaced." He put his hands on his heart, faking being hurt.

"I can't help it."

I now understood all the warning signs. How I kept staring at her, the way I kept watching her dance, but also the pull I felt towards her. It was all so weak at first, but now I felt like I was going crazy.

"Theres just one more thing" he looked up. "You're both going to go insane unless you complete the bond."

Completing it meant accepting your mate and being linked forever.

"Insane?" That was new, I didn't care much about getting a mate before so I didn't actually know much.

"The bond is going to drive you both insane by hurting you unless you accept or... reject her."

I couldn't take it anymore. Sam, my wolf, missed being let out so I walked out slamming the door behind me.

I jumped out the open balcony shifting mid air.

'You can't reject her.' Sam basically ordered me.

'I know that' I replied back as he picked up the pace running freely across the woods.

'Mate is beautiful, why are you unhappy?'

'Because I can't be with her, if Isaac finds out, I don't want her getting hurt.'

Sam whimpered at the idea of her getting hurt.

'Then tell her, see from her reaction what you should do.'

To accept your mate you just needed to keep physical contact for at least a minute. Or something like that, I didn't know much about this.

I listened to Sam as he ran across the darkness. I loved shifting, breathing in the fresh air and just the freedom of running forever. So that's what I did, for nearly all of the night.

~~~~~

Alexa's PoV

(Present)

I got out at the stop just before my usual one and crossed the road to get to the entrance of the path into the woods.

It had taken us ten minutes by car, but with my pace it took half an hour to get to the house. I looked up at the building, my heart racing in my chest as my nerves kept building up.

The door opened revealing Max, a frown on his face, almost stumbling out before I had even made it to the steps of the house. It's as though he had sensed my presence.

"What are you doing here?" His harsh tone said.

I looked up at him, stepping closer. Before I could reach him though, my legs collapsed under me as everything was hurting and everything went black.

~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night!
-Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.3M 364K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
126K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
18.4K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...
Luna By anya jayvyn

Teen Fiction

7.4M 326K 47
A bullied girl meets the popular new student. ***** "Still saying that you're perfectly okay?" Max whispers. I'm surprised to hear that his voice is...