Arranged | P.JM FF

By KookieMonsterForTae

"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that... More

01
02
03
04
05
06
07
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
- Final - 41

08

14.7K 541 60
By KookieMonsterForTae

Jimin opened the passenger door to his car, and you obediently sat inside, not saying a word.
Shit shit shit. Why didn't I ask dad to drop me to work.
I didn't think very far into my plan.

Jimin took his seat in the driver's place, snapping you out of your thoughts when he slammed the door shut.
You flinched slightly, shoulders jolting up, head shooting to the source of the sound when the little knob next to all the windows fell down, making a locked sound as it did.
A small, yet barely visible smirk was on Jimin's face from your anxious - what he also found - adorable, reaction.

The engine sounded and Jimin didn't hesitate further to start reversing the car. His arm rested on the back of your chair as he peered back, and your heart couldn't help but pick up the beat. So to distract yourself, you kept your head down, staring at how clean the floor of his car is.
Actually, his car is really tidy. Though you felt somewhat critical to admit, you thought he would be messy, uncaring and all over the place, when in fact he seemed to be the complete opposite.
Natural light took place of the yellow parking lot lighting and you were welcomed with the bright morning sky to make you squint your eyes harshly.

Jimin turned his head to see your hands covering your eyes because of the light. The arch of his left brow rose up and he realised it was the shining sun directly on you. After taking a quick glance back at the road, he reached to your side and pulled down the sun visor for you blocking any more light from hurting your eyes.

The light suddenly became a shadow, disappeared and you lifted your head to see Jimin had helped you.
A light tut came from you as you struggled to speak up.

"Ahem..t-thanks"

He hummed in response, which made you regret saying anything at all to get such a shallow reply.

"Radio?" Jimin asked indirectly without notice.
"What?"
"Do you want to listen to the radio?"
"Uh..Yeah sure"

He fiddled with a few buttons from the control panel between your seats and on turned the radio.
A soft, relaxing song came on, very contradicting to the tense, awkward aura.
You sat there, twiddling your thumbs, staring down at your lap, just knowing he was going to say something again; he wouldn't leave the topic undiscussed.

And he didn't.

"Look," he started, still looking straight ahead, taking a deep sigh "JiHyun, is my annoying little brother. And to keep this short, you shouldn't hang around him."
"Why not?" you asked, almost coming out as a scoff that he thinks he has the position to tell you what to do.

"It's just that he's not the best influence. He's a troublemaker. Listen to me, he is."
"How- Yeah sure he is" you interrupted the leading question, not in the exact mood to have some sort of argument.

"Good," he said, "Anyways, on another note," he took a break in, "I have some news for you"
"News?"

Your turned your head to him as he drove.
He looked so concentrated, attractive even when he was driving; his left hand gripped the top of the steering wheel, a few veins prominently showing while his right hand laid motionless on his thigh.
You don't know why, but seeing a guy drive with just one hand was so hot to you.

"We have to go look at some wedding interior" he simply said.
"What?"
"You, I and our mothers are going to look at some flowers for our wedding" he repeated in the exact same tone.
"Why?"
"Well, I mean we are going to still have a marriage aren't we?"
"But, why so early? I thought we picked out the dress and we were done"
He scoffed in disbelief.
"Do you even know what a wedding is? There's so much more to weddings than a dress. Trust me, we're going to be going to plenty more stores in preparation. And my parents are doing this all early because they want to get the best of everything"
"And the best of everything is going to all disappear in 3 months?"
"I don't know either. If you want to keep questioning it, go to my mother, or yours in fact"

You sighed and looked out the window, to realise that you have reached your destination.
That car ride felt so short..
The car was parked outside the cafe and the engine stopped sounding after Jimin turned the jingly keys.

"I'll pick you up sometime in the afternoon as my mom made a reservation"
"In the afternoon?.." you trailed off, knowing your boss wouldn't be happy with your sudden leave.
"Why is there a problem?"
"N-no, it's nothing"
"You sure?" He asked, trying to hide the concern.
"Yeah"
"Alright then, see you after work, sweetie" he ridiculed, sending you a flirtatious wink.

"Ugh" you immediately opened the car door, stepping out into the loud, bustling morning street.
After closing..maybe slightly slamming..Jimins car door shut, you made your way into the cafe.
Jimin watched you when you left, making sure you didn't get pushed or shoved by any of the late, rushing working people.
When you were safely inside the building, he was satisfied and drove off.

~

↑ ↑
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

You saw your boss walking around the cafe, something he would do everyday, seeing if everything was in check.
Mustering up all your courage, you finally asked him about your 'I need to leave randomly' situation.

"Sir?.."
He turned to look around for the little voice that had called for him and his eyes caught yours "Ah, Y/n"
He walked towards you, poised with his hands clasped behind his back.

"Sir, I need to ask you a favour" you started.
"Favour? What favour"
"I Uh..need to leave work early"
His face scrunched up in confusion.

"Why is that?"

Another voice joined in on your and your boss's conversation.
"She needs to look at some wedding interior with me"

Your boss turned 180 degrees to face Jimin standing with his hands in his pockets, looking intimidating and mature.
Perfect timing ey?

Your boss was quite short, as he was a man in his 40s, so compared to Jimin, you can tell who has the height advantage in looking superior.

"Why would I let her go for that?" He almost spat.
Jimin raised his eyebrows in amusement. "Because it's important and needs to be done right away, as I planned"
"She's at work right now, and she's not leaving without my permission."
"She's coming with me" Jimin smiled innocently.
Your boss tusked. "I'll have you kicked out of this cafe if you don't leave soon" he turned his body back to face you.
Jimin chuckled. "Sir, do you know who I am?"
"Nobody worth my time" he retorted.

Your mouth went agape at your boss' sudden attitude, and towards someone like the Park Jimin - COO son of a man who founded the best and most popular advertising company. Jimin could sue your boss under his orders, closing down the cafe with just a sentence from his mouth; he really did have so much power.

Jimin looked to the side and back to your boss' back, laughing an amused laugh.
"I'll just give you my name so you can let your guilt rush in, sir". He started confidently. "My name is Park Jimin"

There was a silent answer from your
boss, however actions spoke louder than his words; his face turned pale and his face read instant regret.
His hand was clasped over his mouth before he tugged at his hair in rue, probably cursing himself for treating Jimin the way he did.

Jimin slid you a glance, grinning.
You scoffed at his reaction to your boss freaking out over some misunderstanding.
Yeah, he didn't treat Jimin right at first, but this is just plain rude and petty in your eyes.

"S-s-Sir, I'm so, so sorry. I didn't know. Please, forgive me." your boss got down to his knees infront of Jimin, holding his hands together as if praying.
You could see Jimin was trying to stifle his laughter and you stared the sight down in a mix of sympathy and anger.

"It's quite alright." Jimin sighed wobbly as he attempted to not burst out laughing.
You boss peeped up at him, wondering if he was really forgiven.

"A-am I forgiven?" He softly asked.
Jimin puckered his lips, his eyes averting to the ceiling.
You crossed your arms in anger.
He's a horrible man.

"I'll have to think about it." Jimin put his index finger on his chin, furrowing his brows slightly.
Your boss' eyes widened in fright.

"P-please Sir. I'll do anything for your mercy" he pleaded.
Jimin hummed, acting as if he was thinking long and hard.
You couldn't take this hoax anymore.

"Jimin" you spoke up sternly.
"What?" He innocently said, looking at you with a playful smile.
"Stop" you warned through gritted teeth.
He sighed, disappointed that playtime was over.

"Fine." He groaned and turned back to your boss on the floor.

This must be so embarrassing for him, everybody is watching him.

"You are excused"
He rolled his eyes. "Let's go y/n" Jimin started to the door of the cafe.

You took a deep breath, walking round the counter and to your boss.
"It's okay, you can stand up now"
"Thank you" He said, bowing his head.

~ ▌▌~

You smiled and left the cafe. Spotting Jimins car you walked over to it, getting inside in passenger seat.

When you entered, you were confused by the sound of tapping.
You saw that Jimins hands were going orderly up and down on the gear changer, starting from his pinky and along to his index finger.
You sighed.
"What"
"That was funny wasn't it" he stopped tapping and chuckled, staring straight forward.
"No, it wasn't. Do you really have no respect?" You stretched your seatbelt and clicked it into place.
"Respect?" He hissed. "Ask that to your boss. Mr 'nobody worth my time'" he imitated
"So? He started begging for your forgiveness and you took it as a joke!"
"I saw my advantage"
"Advantage" you muttered, rolling your eyes.
Jimin didn't talk any further and just stared driving, putting on the radio to mask the tension in the air.

He really hasn't changed.

                                                             𝟙𝟟𝟝𝟚 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163K 7.5K 24
They say π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜ is a beautiful feeling and Having a 𝗖π—₯𝗨𝗦𝗛 is a feeling that only we, ourselves can...
17.2K 1.4K 35
[COMPLETED] "love and marriage is a combination of actions that can turn into an interesting game," he stated with a sly grin as his fingers traces m...
83.2K 2K 28
Arranged marriage is such a funny concept. All your life you are taught not to speak to strangers and suddenly, you are asked to sleep with one. ...
117K 4.2K 18
((COMPLETED)) You blink and feel a tear run down your cheek. You lean over to Yoongi and take his hand. He faces you again. You pull him into a hug a...