Saved || Jungkook x Reader ff

By mykooksie

"Stop fighting it and let me save you." A story in which two complete strangers cross paths at the most perfe... More

Before You Read<3
1. First Sight
2. Save Me
3. Drug Lord
4. Pervert
5. Challenge
6. Dimples
7. Sweet Liar
8. Beautiful and Broken
9. Don't Fuck it Up
10. His Regrets
11. Once a Cheater Always a Cheater
12. Sugar Daddy
13. A Date
14. Tease
15. Can I Trust You?
16. Double-Crossing
17. Out of My Mind
18. An Unexpected Encounter
19. You Again
20. I Only Want You
21. What Goes Around
22. Against My Will
23. Fight
24. A Best friends Wise Words
25. Mission Impossible
26. I Love You
27. Visitors
28. Letting Go
29. Friends?
30. A Knock at the Door
31. Kin
32. Bump in the NIght
33. A Creepy New Roommate
34. For a Price
35. The Truth
36. Run Away
37. Numb
38. Family
39. Mother Knows Best
40. Rebellion
41. The Calm
43. The Perfect Woman
44. Trapped
45. Save Us
46. Threat or Promise?
47. We Meet Again
48. Busted
Newβ™‘
49. The Question
50. Back in Town
51. Daddy's Little Girl
52. Rough Play
53. Bad News
54. Blame
55. Insane
56. Secrets
57. Bandaid
58. Prey and Panic
59. Threat
60. Drunken Desire
61. Caught

42. The Engagement

2.3K 79 28
By mykooksie

[Edited]

"Trust me, you look beautiful."

We pulled up to the banquet hall in an unnecessary extravagant limousine. 

I could feel cold sweats starting to form at the back of my neck as I looked down and smoothed out my dress. I've held the same startled expression since we left the house for tonight.

It finally settled in that I was apart of an important high class event. Not only that but I was Jungkook's plus one, and it was hitting me now that I would be in the eye of the public as the mystery date for Jungkook's last minute banquet dinner.

I couldn't stop my hands from trembling in fear as the limo rounded the curve and stopped in front of a long red carpet. A sea of cameramen stood outside along the long stretch to the doors, their cameras aimed and ready for whoever stepped out.

This was something I never thought would happen in my whole life, yet here I sit like a little fish about to face the big hungry sea of paparazzi sharks. Jungkook's relatives, the company staff, and the entire country will be seeing my face beside Jungkook's for the first time.

'I'm not ready for this,' I gulped and tried to steady my breathing. 

I could hear Jungkook beside me trying to calm me down as my breathless pants continued.

"Hey, Princess... Y/n!" I snapped out of my dazed thoughts and tore my wide eyes away from the blacked out window to focus on his face, the small amount of makeup his stylist put on emphasized his features in the best way possible.

"You'll be fine, trust me. The first time to an event like this is always scary. Just remember to stay calm and try not to have a nip slip-- Ahhch! I'm sorry I was just trying to lighten the mood!" I smacked his arm and groaned, head throwing back against the well cushioned seat.

"You know, maybe we should just stay in here a little longer. This thing was too expensive to only drive thirty minutes down the highway in," I proposed the brilliant idea, just the thought almost enough in itself to fully convince me that I should stay glued to this seat. 

Jungkook only laughed softly at my ridiculous proposal, shaking his head slowly as he adjusted the pin stipe tux that hugged his built body perfectly.

I watched with terrified eyes as a man in an all black suit walked up to the limo door and opened it, the lights from cameras already flashing in strings of white bursts. Jungkook latched onto my hand, giving one last squeeze, his lips leaning over to meet my own for a brief moment and I felt calm for a split second until reality hit me again.

"I won't leave your side, I promise."

And with that he stepped out of the limo.

I took a deep breath in through my nose, holding it for a few moments to try and spare at least one more moment before the chaos outside devoured me.

'You can do this. The doors are right there at the end of the carpet. It's just like that pageant show Mom forced you to do when you were seven. Just act normal and for fucks sake don't fall!'

I scooted across the seat and let out the breath I was holding before stepping out too join Jungkook into the storm.

Considering that Jungkook was the main guest the flashes went wild. My world started to become blurry, almost like a tunnel, as the flashes blinded my eyes, muffled questions being shouted and mixed together in a strand of jarring speech. Jungkook wrapped an arm around my waist securely. For a moment I saw double, the world a complete fog in front of my eyes as Jungkook attempted to guide me towards the doors. 

Suddenly I could feel Jungkook's lips at my ear.

"Princess, act natural. You're going to hate your red carpet pictures tomorrow if you keep making that face," his chuckle warmed my heart and I managed to let out a nervous laugh without realizing. 

'This is Jungkook's lifestyle, this is who you chose to be with forever. As much as you hate it, you better get used to it. At least once.'

Taking another calming breath, I tried my best to smile as we slowly made our way down the carpet, my hands firmly linked around his arm to stop the noticeable shaking of my fingers.

"Mr. Jeon! What's the special occasion for this evening?!"

"Jeon Jungkook, who have you brought with you tonight?!"

\"Mr. Jeon can you give any hints about your new collection this fall?"

"Miss, who are you wearing?!"

"Are you dating?!"

The questions spun in dizzying circles around my head and I was thankful we weren't obligated to talk to the press because I couldn't keep up even if I tried.

'How has Jungkook done this his entire life?!'

I tried to keep my strides even without tripping in the long gown I was wearing, keeping my pace steady so it didn't look like I was running away like a dog with my tail between my legs in fear.

It felt like a year had already passed by the time we made it down the red path, two men opening both doors to allow us through.

"Hello Mr. Jeon," they both greeted in unison, like robots programmed only with the upmost respect. 

We walked down the large open hall to the banquet room, my mouth dropping at the beautiful sight.

Gold. Gold everywhere!

Guests were already mingling amongst each other and I even noticed a few celebrities sitting at different tables in the enormous space. I closed the little space between Jungkook and myself as we walked through, multiple heads nodding in our direction in respect as we passed. I eyed Jungkook and noticed how different he carried himself here. Crisp, elegant, definitely royalty among the crowd here and maybe even coming off a bit cold. 

Until Jungkook sweetly smiled down at me, his arm wrapping around my shoulder to give me a brief shake.

"You're doing amazing. I knew you could handle it," he cooed and I wanted to roll my eyes but held it in since we were being watched closely.

"Jungkook!" A handsome man strode up to us confidently, unlike most people here who kept their distance and stared at us with wondering eyes.

"Minho!" Jungkook chimed back, both men greeting each other with a hug, something I didn't expect at a fancy business event like this.

'So maybe some of them do have a soul after all.'

I stepped to the side a bit to give Jungkook and his associate some space, as much as it caused a surge of anxiety through my body to be even a foot away from Jungkook I did my best to hold it together.

"Ahh, thank you for inviting me! What's the occasion for such short notice? I thought the line wasn't supposed to drop until next month?"

Jungkook kept his smile tight, eyes not giving anything away of his intentions tonight.

"It's a very important announcement my parents and I wanted everyone here for," he said vaguely and Minho nodded with a funny smile on his face.

"Well, I can't wait for the speech then! If it's as good as last time we're going to need another vault at this rate!" Both men let out a full blown rich person laugh oozing deep in their tone and I scrunched my nose up in repulsion. 

I knew Jungkook was faking it, he never laughs or acts in this manner at home, but here everyone is meant to put on a big show, prove that they're better among the rest.

'I can't wait to go home to my bed with my snacks and binge watch my dramas.'

Jungkook strode back to my side, his head cocked as he stared me up and down like I was a full course meal, one hand casually in his pocket. I flushed from his intense gaze.

"Everyone can't seem to take their eyes off you," he said teasingly but I could pick up a hint of jealousy in his voice. 

I fixed the folds of his tux, eyes glue to him like a magnet. "I think they're all looking at you, Mr. Money Man," he snorted and I smirked.

"Everyone in this place cares only about money. All I am is a dollar sign, a way to make them richer than they already are," he frowned slightly and my heart sank for him. 

"You're worth much more than that, Jungkook," I said softly over the pianist who began playing a light classical tune in the corner of the room. 

"I wish that was the truth," he sighed sadly, eyes roaming across his expanse of business partners and high society members. 

"The only opinion you should care about is mine. And trust me, money can't buy the happiness you make me feel." 

He bent down to my height and leaned in closer, a smirk evident on his face as his lips press gently against my ear. "Are you trying to sweet talk me right now, Mrs. Jeon?" I almost choked on my saliva as Jungkook's body shook in muffled laughter.

"M-Mrs. who?" I sputtered and I felt his hands graze my hips as he released my frame. He picked up two champagne glasses off the tray a waiter passed by with, handing me a glass as he held onto the other.

"If you keep it up I'll have to take you right here in front of everyone," his intimate words lit a fire on my face and a jolt of arousal shocked through my system, enough to silence any snide comment I planned to retort.

Jungkook sipped his drink and took my hand as he continued to guide my stunned form through the sea of aristocrats, stopping every once in a while to have a quick chat. Everyone who met Jungkook's eyes smiled or nodded, raised a glass or bowed politely. 

We continued on our journey to the front table closest to the stage that held a podium at the center. I paid their conversations no mind, not interested in their boring business talk, but mostly still shocked over Jungkook's words that were so simple but held so much love and endearment.

'Mrs. Jeon.'

Those two words sounded to intimidating yet blissful at the same time. 

My thoughts drifted back to when Jungkook told me he would marry me one day and I was beginning to think that it could actually happen. A giddy pressure knotted in my stomach and I smiled eagerly to myself as I pictured a ring on my finger, little Jeons running around our home. I couldn't help but to blush at the dreams that seemed a bit far fetched at one point in time are now almost in my grasp.

"What's on your mind?" I heard Jungkook ask quietly beside me and I flinched, head automatically shaking in denial.

"Oh, uh, nothing! I-I mean, I'm just bored, that's all."

"Don't worry, after everyone has sat down it'll begin." 

I could only nod, sighing in relief as Jungkook somehow didn't catch on as we reached our designated table of honor.

"Jungkook!" his mother and father appeared out of no where and a chill shot down my spine. 

"Mother, father, Ji-eun... Daniel," Jungkook said tightly, almost too polite to the people who should be considered close to him. Ji-eun smiled at Jungkook then in my direction and pulled me in for a hug to my surprise.

"Ahh, y/n! Good to see you again, you look beautiful!" she squeezed the air out of my lungs and I tried to gasp. 

I felt her breath against my ear as we embraced. "I need to talk to you," the urgent tone in her voice sprouted fear in my gut.

'That doesn't sound good at all.'

She pulled away and flashed a smile again, that smile not matching the desperate look in her eyes. Jungkook's parents completely ignored my existence as I ignored Daniel who kept eyeing me with a weird knowing expression on his face.

'Something doesn't feel right.' I bit my lip restlessly as I took in my surroundings.

"Have you met with the Kim's yet, son?" His father asked sternly and Jungkook forced a tight smile.

"Why doesn't Daniel do it? He'll definitely need the practice for what's about to come," Jungkook managed to force out through clenched teeth, eyes glaring bullets at Daniel who threw back a fake flash of a smile before rolling his eyes.

"It's time for tonights guests to take their seats."

Jungkook relaxed beside me as we all sat around the same table. Jungkook to my left, his arm propping up on the back of my chair casually while Ji-eun thankfully took a seat on my right. I could feel someone watching me and I glanced around as the announcer continued to thank everyone who came tonight.

My eyes travelled until I thought I spotted the eyes of a girl glaring at me, but when I did a double take she was facing towards the stage. 

I looked back, surprised to see Ji-eun looking at me with a pleading glint in her eyes and I gave her a questioning look. She tried to mouth something but I couldn't quite make anything out except for my mother, Jungkook, and right now.

'What the hell is going on?' I furrowed my brows further in confusion and Ji-eun's face sank.

"I'd like to call Mr. and Mrs. Jeon up to the stage!" 

Jungkook's head snapped back to look at his parents in question, his mother smiling brightly as she fixed her black dress and hair quickly before they strode up the stage with their chins held high. 

"What the fuck is going on? Why am I not going up to make my speech?" Jungkook growled darkly beside me. 

I glanced at Daniel whose lips were pursed, his arms crossed in his chair as he watched everything unfold.

"Jungkook," Ji-eun whispered urgently. "Mother and father are trying-- "

"I just wanted to thank all of our guests for coming on this very special evening for our favorite son, Jungkook," his mother's voice sounded out loud and clear, plastic smile stretching across her primped appearance. 

"We apologize for the very sudden invitation but you know what they say, time is money!" The crowd laughed but Jungkook's face remained grim, sitting so still I wondered if he was even breathing. Ji-eun grabbed my hand, her eyes glaring down at the table cloth as their mother continued to speak.

"There comes a time when it's time to settle down. We know our Jungkook is in his prime, perfectly ready to carry on the company name."

'Wait, what is she talking about? In his prime? Company name? How can he do that when he's resigning tonight?' I shook my head and tried to listen to the rest of her sentence.

"...calls for someone just as perfect as him in his life. We won't accept anyone less," her eyes dragged over me degradingly, face turning sour for only a moment before she continued.

"And we've thankfully been blessed to cross paths with the perfect woman for your Chairman, and I'd like to announce their engagement with all of you tonight!"

 The crowd applauded, heads snapping in my direction being as I was the one who came as his special plus one tonight. Jungkook looked shook, holding the back of the chair so tight it could snap.

'Perfect person? She can't be talking about me, right?'

My blood ran cold as two spotlights abruptly beamed down. 

One on Jungkook.

The other on the so called perfect woman.

A/N♡:

You guys this was my first story and I pretty much didn't expect it to be read at all 😭💜

Most of you are silent readers and that's okay! But I really hope you like my story!

Be sure to vote if you do!

My question for you: who is your favorite character in my book so far?

Please let me know I'm curious <3

-xoxo Kay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.4K 644 47
"A broken heart can't be heal twice..." "I wish I could change that." "Do you take your ex to be your next" DO YOU?? STORY RANKING #45 Fan fiction...
1.4K 199 26
No one gets past The Bangtan Wall. They are the most handsome shield of protection, and they're yours. This is not your run-of-the-mill stereotype ma...
76.6K 3.5K 37
❝ I have been waiting for a century now, just to be with her. ❞ - π—π—π—ž ΰΌΊΰΌ» ➳ romance/fantasy/mystery/thriller/melodrama/angst ✦ - HIGHEST RANKING: #...
9.7K 531 51
You never imagined that after ending things with your ex, you will end up falling for a celebrity in real life. How will your journey to find yoursel...