Arranged | P.JM FF

By KookieMonsterForTae

"Look, you have to marry me. It won't be that bad. You're someone I used to know and you're honestly not that... More

01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
- Final - 41

05

16.1K 605 311
By KookieMonsterForTae

  During the ride, there was some small talk between the two of you. Small talk as in just random things Jimin tried to get out of you like; what's your favourite food, or what's your favourite colour, as he still doesn't know more than your name about you and he's not really a social butterfly, more like an intimidating spider...

  "You're not very good at starting conversations you know, National Geographic" you retorted after you answered your favourite animal and he started reciting a whole Wikipedia article about it's origins; and somehow linked the animal to dinosaurs.

"Well, you're not much help" he scoffed, looking away from you.
"Ok, what's your shoe size?" you joked and earned a small chuckle from him, poking at your satisfaction.

Soft breathing layered over the relaxing sound of tires running on the tarmac road, you played with your thumbs through the short silence, trying to bring yourself to speak up and ask him something that's been picking at you for a while, and right now.

You cleared your throat.
"Jimin?"

"Yeah?" He immediately turned to you.
"Why didn't you disagree to marrying me?" you questioned, hesitant.
"Really? This again?" He sighed, "I already told you. I don't want to have to deal with my parents pushing me to marry someone anymore"
"No..I guess, what I mean is..why don't you hate this as much as I do?"  You asked softly.
He kept quiet briefly before peering out of his window, resting his elbow on the small ledge there, grazing his fingers across his chin back and forth as you patiently waited for a response; the silence tormenting you.

"What makes you think I don't hate this as much as you do? I'm only marrying you because you're my best bet. And nothing more"

Creasing your eyebrows, and coming to a realisation of this man, you didn't reply, stared down at your lap and stayed, lips shut for the rest of the ride.

~

This time, you were to dine at an Italian restaurant - not that it particularly peaked your interest or anything but Jimin did inform you of that when you had arrived; you responding with nothing but a small shift in your seat.

"We're here." The chauffeur said, looking at you and Jimin from the rear view mirror.
Jimin nodded and got out of the car by himself, walking round the back of the car to the pavement side.

You stayed in your seat, waiting for Jimin to open your door for you like a gentleman; the least he could do as basic mannerisms.

He did not.

He was sauntering to the opening of the restaurant, but stopped altogether when you weren't by his side.
He swivelled round and saw you still in the car, arms crossed and staring straight forward, clearly pissed for a reason he was unaware of.
He, confused and walked back to the car and knocked on your window.
You stayed still though you're one for jump scares.

"Seriously" he mumbled and frowned. Jimin opened the door and you finally made your way out of the car.

"Right, let's go" You huffed, straightening out your dress, starting for the entrance.
"I'm beginning to rethink this marriage" he exhaled, shutting the door when you were only 2 steps ahead, able to hear what he just said.
"I was rethinking this marriage from the very start." You said under your breath in response to him, not bothering to look back to him taking a deep breath in and out, hearing what you said.

   ↑                                ↑
   ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

         ↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
1:05 ───⊙─────── 3:35

Passing into the entrance of the restaurant, you went through the same routine; telling the person behind the podium your name, and being escorted to your reserved table.
Much to your reassurance, your and Jimin's parents were already at the table, menus in their hands, so you wouldn't have to be alone in frustration and awkwardness with Jimin.

"Dad, Mom" you and Jimin greeted your parents.
"Y/n? Where'd you get that dress" your mum asked. "It's beautiful" she eyed the dress, smiling widely.
"Jimin..gave it to me" you mumbled, pulling your chair in as you sat down, petty that Jimin didn't push your chair in for you like romantic men do in the movies.
"It looks beautiful!"

"Indeed. She looks beautiful, does she not?" Jimin grinned from opposite you.
You kept a poker face - somehow with his blush inducing compliment - and glanced down at the menu, unbothered, unlike all the other times he had instead made you swoon.
From your peripheral vision, you could see that Jimin was glaring at you, concerned.

"Now that you're here, why don't we order food" Mr Park suggested, smiling brightly.

~

The entire evening you didn't talk at all unless spoken to - deciphering Jimin's statement in your head, and comparing the good and bad one third of things you already knew about him. Your mother caught onto this, however, and began to feel worried for your odd, standoffish behaviour.

  "Honey..are you alright?" Your mother whispered to you while your dad and Mr. Park talked about something you weren't listening to, nor interested in.

  "I'm fine" you answered, not looking at her, instead just playing with the uneaten food on your plate.
"Are you sick?" she placed the back of her hand on your forehead.

  "No. I'm not sick" you said sternly and gently grabbed her wrist, putting her hand back down onto the table.
"Are you sure?"

  You felt your blood start to boil as all these caring questions your mother continuously asked you were starting to get on your nerves.
"You don't-" she continued but stopped when you interrupted her.

  You dropped your fork onto your plate vigorously, "YES, MUM. IM FINE, OK?!"

  The rest of the table went silent, all heads turned to you, shocked and confused. Your mother, lips parted, drowning even more in concern. You noticed possibly even every other table stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to you with your unusual outburst in public.
You glanced around, feeling uncomfortable at all the eyes on you; particularly Jimins'.

  "Excuse me" you threw the napkin that was on your lap onto the table, intimidatingly walking to the washroom, the chatter livening up after the door shut.

~

  You sighed, running a hand through your hair as the muffled Italian music played in the background.
Turning the tap on, you coated your hands in water as if it would cool your temper down. You pushed the tap, the water dying out.

  Staring at your reflection in the mirror, leaning your arms against the brim of the spotless ceramic sink, you emitted a light, regretful breath.
You didn't mean to shout at your mum; she didn't do anything wrong.
It was just something else that was bothering you..
That bitch Jimin hasn't changed one-

  "Oh..Sorry" a lady apologised for staring at you after you caught her eye. "You just..seemed a little occupied and I was going to ask if you were okay"

  Her hands were gently gripping her - what you suspected - daughter's shoulders. The daughter looked about 5 years of age and looked hugely similar to her mother.
You gave her a warm smile.
"I'm alright. Thank you for your concern"
The little girl was gazing up at you, her big brown eyes glistening.

  There was something about children that always hit a soft spot in you. Being a middle child, you had your little brother to take care of; kissing his bruises when he fell off his bike at age 4, cleaning up his cut knee, wiping away the tears and making lame jokes that he would laugh at.   And though he was only 2 years younger than you, you adored the playtime of peek-a-boo, hide and seek and silly faces with him.

  "Hi there, what's your name?" You asked in a soft voice.
"Amy" she revealed an adorable gummy smile.
"Aren't you cute!"

  She giggled lightly, reaching her hands up to grip her mothers wrists excitedly.
You laughed sweetly at the childlike vibe she had.

  Your eyes moved upwards and you remembered the mother was there. The sight of this caring mother and lovely daughter reminded you of your mother, and how you had probably upset her when your anger was not her doing.

  Your laughing faltered and you started to say your goodbyes, thinking it was time to head back.
"Ok, I think I better get going. Bye Amy" you waved lightly at her.
She waved back at you with both her hands.
You bowed respectfully to the mother and left.

  When you had step foot out of the washroom, you were welcomed with a manly body leaned up against the wall, muscular arms crossed.
Your eyes made their way up to the admittedly handsomely worried face and you weren't taken aback.

  "What do you want?" You asked monotonously.
"I wanted to see if you were okay" he pushed himself forward from his position against the wall.
"I don't need you to check up on me, Jimin" you tried slipping past him but he grabbed your shoulders, holding you and making you face him.

  You wouldn't be lying if being this close to him, with his hands on your shoulders, staring into each other's eyes didn't make your heart race, but that wasn't what you were focusing on as of now.

  "What's up with you?" His face scrunched up in bewilderment.
"Like you'd care" you muttered.
He brought his bottom lip into his mouth, biting at his harshly.
Starting with a tut, be opened his mouth to say something when you cut him off.

  "Let's just get back to our table" you ripped yourself out of his grip, his fingers grazing you as you did so, and walked to your table, your back facing him as he watched you in distress.

~

  "Sweetie, are you alright?" Your father asked as soon as you took your seat.
"Yeah" you tucked a strand of hair behind your hair nervously, wondering how you'd explain yourself.
Jimin reached the table, eavesdropping on your conversation.
You glanced at him and back at your mother.

  "I just had a bad day at work today.. I didn't mean to shout at you mum. I'm sorry" you said to her in pure guilt though there was a lie.
"It's alright honey. Are you ok now?" She put a hand on your shoulder considerately.
"I don't know, I don't feel good..I've got a really bad headache" you lied, trying to get yourself out of the dinner for the better of you and everyone else. "Can we go home?"
"If you're not feeling well, of course."

  You and your parents stood up from your seats. You turned to Mr and Mrs Park, bowing to them, "So sorry for this inconvenience." You apologised.
"No need to worry y/n. Get some rest." Mr Park nodded.
"Hope you feel better soon" Mrs Park added.
"Thank you"

  With that you left to go back home with your parents, not even sparing a look at Jimin.

  When your presence left the building, a dismayed Jimin reached into his pants pocket, feeling about the red velvet box containing your engagement ring..

                                                           𝟙𝟠𝟟𝟜 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 230 26
❝his face softened. "i'm sorry about earlier. jimin told me he told you what happened last night and i realised you're right. i have no right to take...
77K 7K 61
"What did you see in him anyway? He seems like an idiot." Jin laughs. "He is and honestly, I guess I forgot. I mean, he's handsome but I feel like th...
147K 11.5K 34
β˜…Completedβ˜… β˜…Short Storyβ˜… β˜…Forced Marriageβ˜… -Description- __________________________________ ❝Where Park Jimin is forced to marry to Jeon Jungkook.❞ ...
83.2K 2K 28
Arranged marriage is such a funny concept. All your life you are taught not to speak to strangers and suddenly, you are asked to sleep with one. ...