Suicidal Thoughts

By BrownProductions

WARNING ⚠️ this story begins with a suicidal scene. If you are easily triggered then I suggest you skip the b... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
???Bonus Chapter???
the sequel is out
Yeah nevermind....
It's out again😂

008

1.3K 55 10
By BrownProductions

Chapter Eight

August 

I finished making my last drop and headed back to the trap.

I gave the boss his cut and walked out of the house with nine grand in my pocket.

I was low-key saving up for Ava to get into college. She don't know but I'm going to help 'ha chase ha dreams cause nobody else 'tryna help ha.

She deserves it, even if ha daddy or mama ain't in her life right nah, Aug ain't 'goin nowhere.

I'm going to be here forever. She the closest female friend I ever had who ain't tried to do something with me.

I know I said I didn't mind but it's kind of aggravating having girls always wanna jump on you. Never wanna have a real conversation.

They ain't worrying bout you. They get what they want and leave.

Ava ain't even like that. She low-key 'wifey material. She's everything I want in a girl but I can't find nowhere.

I ain't messing up this friendship for a relationship. No way. I really care for her and I can't let that go to someone else, but if she happy 'wit someone else then I gotta let ha go.

Like I told ha that night....whatever makes ha happy. If she smiling then I'm happy. If she ain't happy I'm going to try my best to make her feel better.

I drove up to McDonald's and ordered two twenty piece chicken nuggets with two large fries and one large Sprite.

I ordered a large Vanilla milkshake with extra whip and a small order of fries.

I pulled up to the first window and paid. I rolled up to the second window and looked up.

When the person turned around my heart dropped. Never thought I would have to see them again...never ever in my life.

I never thought I would have to speak to them or get anything from them. Basically I cut all ties with them and lived my life like I never knew them. It was going fine until today.

What if you saw the first person you ever loved at a McDonald's drive through window? Huh, 'sike. It was a chick I used to deal with back in 9th grade.

It seemed real until she cheated on me with one of the 'homies. I cut her off and I cut him....literally. I had to beat him up a bit and then me and her got in an argument.

I left her and never spoke of the situation ever again.

She looked at me in shock and fixed her posture. She handed me a cup holder and I took it from ha. I sat it down in the passenger seat and she handed me the bag.

I took it from her and she smiled at me. I nodded my head her way and she gave me a small wave of her hand. I was about to pull off when she called my name.

"August?"

"The one and only," I said before pulling off from McDonald's and pulling out into the busy streets of Compton.

I pulled up to Red Roof Inn and parked. I got out with the bags in my hands and pushed the door with my shoulder.

I nodded towards the desk lady and she nodded back. I walked over to the elevator with some people and got on.

Two people were going to the fourth floor and one person was going to the second.

Once I got off of the elevator I walked to Ava's room and used the key she gave me 'ta get in. Once I was in I seen all the lights off.

They must be sleep. I turned on the lamp and closed the door with my foot. I sat the food down and walked over to her with the milkshake in my hand.

"Ava," I said trying to get her up. June moved his head and laid on the opposite side. She moved a little bit but didn't get up.

"Ava," I said again this time a little louder.

"Man, 'getcho behind up!"

Ava and June jumped up at the same time. She looked over at me and sighed. June started barking and I picked him up with one hand.

He licked ma face and I chuckled. I handed the milkshake to Ava and she took it from me, putting it on the stand next to her.

She leaned up and smiled. She got out of the bed and walked into the bathroom.

I know it's none of my business but I just wanna know why she always got Band-Aids all over her arms and wrists.

She brushed her teeth and walked back out and over to the bed. She sat on the edge and rubbed a hand down her face.

She pulled her knees up and sat criss cross in front of me. She picked up the milkshake and started drinking it.

I got up and brought the bag back over to her. I handed her the bag and she pulled out the food.

She sat my food down in front of me and grabbed hers. She pulled the small fry out and June crawled over to where we were.

She pulled some of the fries out and put them out for him to eat. Once he finished eating his fries she poured some milk into his bowl and put him on the floor and let him drink it.

She put the rest of the fries into his bowl and let him be. She came back over to the bed and leaned back. I couldn't help it so I just asked.

"Why 'ya always wearing band aids?" there it was...the question that I had been dreading.

Ava

I had to think quickly when he asked me that question. I didn't what to do or say so I just hurried and shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess I'm always getting cut," I said trying to make it sound accidental.

He nodded his head even though I know his head was racing a thousand miles per hour trying to figure out the real reason. August ain't a dummy and he knows how to tell if I'm lying.

"Oh," he mumbled. We ate our food in silence and he turned the TV on.

He turned off all of the lights out and June went back to sleep but this time he laid in his doggy bed. I went back to my momma's house and got the rest of June's things that I didn't get.

My dad was mad but whatever. He told me that he wasn't even going to claim me as his daughter.

I don't know where this came from all of a sudden when in all reality this was all over a dog. Over a freaking puppy for crying out loud.

The only good thing that came out of me getting kicked out, was that August and I got closer.

I leaned against his chest and wrapped my arms around his torso while he wrapped his right arm around me.

I snuggled closer to him and I heard him sigh. He pulled his phone out of his pocket that was silently vibrating.

He answered his phone call and I moved off of him about to leave the room.

"Where you goin," he mouthed to me.

"Walk June," I whispered.

He nodded and I got up. I grabbed June who was wide awake and was barking at himself in the mirror.

He turned around to me and jumped on my legs. I attached his leash to his collar and turned around to see August frowning.

His chest was pumping up and down and he started yelling.

"What the hell do you mean he ain't dead?! I told your dumb ass to kill him didn't I," he yelled.

June was looking at him weird so I took him outside. Once we got outside of the room I could still hear August yelling.

Good thing I still have to tell him I put in an application for an apartment.

Maybe I'll tell him later. I pushed the door open and let June walk. I walked behind him and he walked down the sidewalk.

I looked over to see a girl laying in the pool area. I looked down at June and he stopped. He put his arms out and bent his head down in a pouncing position.

He started barking at the girl and I shushed him, rubbing his head. He licked my hand and she laughed.

She walked over to me with a red two piece bathing suit. She smiled and looked down at June with shades on.

"Can I," she asked reaching her hand down to pet June. She rubbed his head and he stuck his tongue out.

A smile plastered across her face as he began to lick her hand.

"He likes you," I said to her.

"He's so cute," she cooed rubbing his belly. "What's his name," she asked.

"June."

She rubbed him some more and looked up at me. She stood up and pulled some hand sanitizer out of her small pouch.

Once she did she reached her hand out for me to shake. I low-key don't shake people's hands that I don't know cause ion know what she got.

I lightly shook her hand and pulled it back. I folded my arms behind my back and wiped them against my shorts.

"I'm Christine and you are?"

I froze in place realizing she was my old friend, Christine. The one who I thought died in the car crash with Wakeem.

I never knew why they were together or anything. All I know is they found two teens in a totaled car on the side of the road.

I went to both of their funerals and everything. I stared at her with a confused look on my face.

I smiled slightly and nodded my head.

"What's your name?"

"Avani," I said going by my middle name.

She smiled and nodded her head.

"Well I see you later, Avani," she said walking away from me.

I piece of me wanted to tackle her and beat the snot out of her for lying about her death.

A part of me thinks Wakeem could be alive too...or maybe I'm just thinking things and their both really dead and she just so happens to look like the Christine that I know and love.

I shook the thoughts out of my mind and walked June around the Inn. Once we got back upstairs August was gone with a note on the table saying he had business to handle. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Oneshots❤ By ;)

Short Story

631 43 35
these r just random stories that come in my brain❤‼️ however, these characters are mine and my friends. You do not have any rights to steal them. Tha...
4.9K 132 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
888 1 21
Choosing her cost me everything I'd ever loved... including her. I had everything a guy could ask for, a loving family, the perfect small-town life...
51.9K 2.4K 50
❝Destiny brought dark and light together, fate brought them love❞ Abused and broken Katia has been through hell and made it back alive. A true warrio...