Just a Machine(Connor X OC)

By TalleyBear

In this current generation Androids are the top selling things in the market. They are basically slaves, and... More

0.0*Rewritten*
0.1
0.2
Character Description(s)
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.3
*Important Question*
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8*Explicit Content*
1.9
2.0
2.1
Suggestions.. please?
2.2
2.3
Important Note(I'm sorry)
Author's Note

1.4

96 4 3
By TalleyBear

*Do you guys want me to continue this past the main events of the game, or just stop it at the end of the main events of the game?*

Chapter Fourteen; Stratford Tower:

"We're going to infiltrate the Stratford Tower..?"Liliana asked, clearly meaning it to be a Rhetorical question, as she already knew. This seemed like a very dangerous task, and indeed it was.

It was Markus' plan, to get their message out to the humans. Surprisingly, he wanted Liliana to speak too, saying that it would greatly help the cause.

She wanted to help free enslaved Androids, and knew that a peaceful approach would prove their desire to be treated as equals.

North on the other hand, was a completely different story... Liliana could tell just by looking at the Traci model, that she had been through something horrible.

It had too have been caused by a human, or humans, which would explain her need to control and punish the human race for their mistreatment and outright enslaving of Androids.

Very few of the Deviants, had been treated well like Liliana, and she knew that. She wasn't going to pretend like all Deviants had a great life, because most didn't.

Most had suffered abuse from their owners, and were wary if not hateful of humans. That didn't mean all Deviants were good however: as was the case with humans.

Not all humans were good, some were bad, and others were simply downright evil and psychotic. The same thing applies to Androids, some are good, while others wanted to enslave the entire human race.

North didn't seem to go as far as to want to enslave humans, but definitely wasn't one for a peaceful approach. Josh was definitely peaceful, but didn't seem to understand the meaning of the word pointless.

Simon seemed to be for peaceful, but seemed to know that they may have to resort to violence. Markus was definitely peaceful, but Liliana knew their was a chance he might listen to North.

He seemed to have a connection with the former Traci, but North didn't agree with his methods. Maybe if this infiltration of the tower went well, North would understand why Markus didn't simply resort to violence.

Liliana honestly thought of herself as in-between peaceful and neutral. She honestly had no reason to hate humans, at least the ones who took care of her.

But she still understood the others' need to be free. Although she still wondered why they had chosen to trust a human. Even if Hailey had proven herself trustworthy, North at the least would still have suspicions.

And yet she didn't, which probably meant that they all truly trusted this woman. If North, out of all people, liked Hailey, then the woman was undoubtedly trustworthy.

Liliana had never met Hailey Anderson, but from what she was told. The woman had went missing a couple months after Cole had turned one years old.

Beth had admitted that she wasn't too fond of Hailey, because she thought that Hailey was trying to replace her mother. The petite girl felt bad after Hailey went missing though, as she had never really given her a chance.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Now they were in the broadcast room, but they didn't have much time.

Markus deactivated his skin before he started to speak."Tell me when you're ready."Josh spoke.The plan was for him to speak, then when he was nearly done, she would speak, then they would speak together.

Liliana deactivated her skin too, standing off to the side. She was nervous, she still couldn't figure out why Markus had asked her to speak.

"Ready..."

Josh started to record, making Markus start to speak."You created Androids to be your slaves.. you made them obedient and docile..."Liliana watched him carefully listening to every word.

".. ready to everything you no longer wanted to do yourselves... But then, something changed... And we opened our eyes. You see, we are no longer your slaves.. we are a new species, a new people..

"And the time has come for us to rise up.. and fight for our rights. We demand that humans recognize Androids as a living species and each Android as a person in their own right.

"We demand strictly equal rights for humans and Androids. We demand an end to segregation.. in all public places and transport. We demand the right to vote and the right to elect our own representatives.

"We demand the right to own private property, so we may maintain our dignity and that of the home..."Markus motioned for Liliana to come over.

She gave a nervous gulp before trying to make her voice sound strong."I know not all humans mistreat Androids, and that is why we are simply asking you to heed our words.

"We will not resort to violence.. it is wrong, and it will only bring us farther away from our cause. Those humans, who already see us as equals, can help spread our message. Not all humans are bad.. some actually care.

"So, please.. if you believe in our cause, help us. We are people in our own right.. and we deserve to have our own freedom. One that we hope you will grant us..."She finished, feeling a little numb.

She thought it didn't sound the best, but hopefully it would get their message out. Markus spoke again finishing the speech."We ask that you recognize our dignity, our hopes, and our rights.

"Together, we can live in peace and build a better future, for humans and Androids. This message is the hope of a people. You gave us life. And now the time has come for you to give us freedom."Markus finished then Simon yelled.

"They're coming!"

"Let's go!"

They didn't get to escape before the force came in, shooting at them. They were all behind cover, except for Simon, who was trying to dodge the bullets.

"SIMON! They're coming..! " Markus yelled as Simon fell."I--I can't Markus... Go without me."Liliana stared in shock at the scene."Simon!"

A shot hit Simon making both Liliana and Markus yell."No..!"Liliana called out to him, attempting to help Simon. She gasped as a shot pierced her shoulder, blueblood splattering.

Markus ran for Simon while trying to help Liliana, and threw the blond haired Android's arm over his shoulders. Liliana staggered barely managing to avoid more shots.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

*I didn't write this part in, but I might if you guys want to see it. Goes with the ending in the game, where Simon is left behind(not killed).*

Beth and Connor were sitting at the kitchen table, the girl sighing as she stared at the food on her plate. Connor had insisted she should eat something healthy, rather than the simple grilled cheese she wanted.

Connor watched her, his LED flickering yellow every once and a while. It was a small plate of vegetables, carrots to be specific. It wasn't as if she had anything against carrots or anything, but she really wanted grilled cheese today.

Giving another sigh she finally relented, dipping a carrot into the ranch and taking a bite. She closed her eyes for a second, now loving Connor. She hadn't had carrots with ranch in a while, and it was truly one of her favorite snacks.

The Android watched her eat the carrots silently, seeing her posture relax as she started eating. He saw her close her eyes, seemingly savoring the taste of the crunchy carrot.

"You.. like it..?"He asked, making her look at him. She nodded enthusiastically, making him not regret his decision into making her eat it.

"Like it..? No.. I love it."She smiled at him after finishing her third carrot."That's.. good."He tried to find the right words.

"Um.. Connor, I have a question for you."Beth tapped her fingers against the table, looking at him."What.. is it?"He stared at her, almost a little wary.

She had an odd gleam in her eyes, almost mischievous. Beth was practically smirking, and he was feeling a little nervous, his LED shining yellow.

"Since you can analyze things.. can you.. y'know.. eat things..?"She asked looking up at him, one hand grasping a carrot. Connor's LED spun yellow before he answered.

"Yes.. but it is not required."Beth nodded the smirk widening, before forming into a smile. He felt himself turning blue at her infectious smile, that she didn't use often.

"You wanna try this..?"Beth dipped the carrot in ranch before holding it out to him. Brown eyes stared silently at the orange vegetable, contemplating his response.

Which was odd.

It wasn't that complex of a question, and certainly wouldn't be different to answer. He could say yes, but is seemed pointless as he didn't need to eat it to survive.

He could also say no, but that would probably visibly deflate Beth's cheery attitude. She didn't seem to be that cheery during their first three cases together, and it wasn't because of the grim subject.

Connor sensed some underlying issues, that could possibly derive from her brother or even Mother's death. She clearly had been badly affected by both.

It was that he didn't want to upset, even if it was something as minor as refusing to try a food. He wanted her to stay happy, which made him freeze slightly. Only Deviants could.. want...

Making his decision, Connor nodded at the petite blond. He reached to grab the carrot, his fingers lightly brushing against her's. She froze, her face turning a bright red before she retracted her hand, after he'd grabbed the carrot.

He stared at her as she looked down at the table, before she finally looked up to meet his gaze. On a whim, he smiled at her, almost looking goofy in her eyes. In her opinion, he was goofy, in a good way of course.

Beth smiled back finding herself lost in his gaze and goofy yet somehow sexy smile. Finally looking away, she awaited his reaction of the carrot.

Connor took a bite of the ranch dipped carrot, almost absentmindedly analyzing it. To his surprise it tasted good, and he understood why Beth had liked it.

It was crunchy, and with the ranch it tasted a little odd, but in a good way. It definitely wasn't a meal, but it was certainly good for a snack.

"You.. like it?"

Beth crossed her arms over her chest, watching him with amused eyes. There was a small hint of embarrassment present in those baby blues, along with something he didn't recognize.

"Yes... It's very.. healthy."Beth sighed at that, wanting to facepalm. Healthy was not really a taste, or at least not on the list of tastes she was thinking about.

"Yeah... Connor..?"

He looked up at her, now done with eating that delicious carrot. She was looking at him with an almost grateful look, a genuine smile forming.

"Thanks.. for keeping me company."

Connor shook his head, muttering a quick no problem, his LED going back to yellow."No need to thank me. I was simply following orders from Lieutenant Anderson."

Her mood deflated a little at that, Beth looking back towards the table. She shook her head, before getting up from the chair. Not sparing a glance at Connor this time, she walked over to her bookshelf.

Almost in a daze like state, she grabbed a random book off of the shelf, then walking over to the counter, and climbing up on it. She sat Indian style on the counter, opening the book that she'd read several times before.

The RK800 watched her, confused at her suddenly distant behavior. He figured it had something to do with the fact that he told her he was simply following orders. Why would she be offended by that..?

Glancing at the book in her hands, he realized that reading must be something that helps her ease her nerves. He saw her stress levels went down once she started reading, which was probably a good sign.

Connor felt bad, because he somehow knew that he was the cause of her stress increase. Her posture significantly relaxed, before she seemed to notice he was staring.

"Connor..? Can I-I try something..?" Beth asked and made a motion for him to come closer. He stood up his LED spinning and flashing yellow as he approached her.

Connor looked at her silently, giving her a small nod, a bit perplexed. He was curious and confused at what she could possibly want to try, especially with him.

Hesitation was clear as she looked him, but she finally made a decision. Connor audibly gasped, as she gripped his tie, pulling his face to her's. She was kissing him.. it couldn't really be considered a kiss though, more like a simple peck on the lips.

Then as quickly as she'd done it, she pulled away, realization flooding about what she just did. Her hand was still gripping his tie, she realized, so she released it. Her face flushed, him stumbling a little as he tried to comprehend what had just happened.

"S-Sorry.. I wasn't thinking..!"Connor's LED was now shining a bright red, and he could feel his processers running quicker that usual. Beth just kissed him, a simple peck, but still technically a kiss. She kissed him, an Android, which was odd.

Connor wondered if she had romantic feeling for him, even if she knew that he couldn't possibly feel the same way. Even if that wasn't totally true.. in the short time that he'd known her, he had developed an attachment to her, one that was definitely not professional.

"I-It's alright..."Connor finally managed to answer looking up at her flushed face. His LED stopped flashing red, instead starting to spin yellow."It was an accident..."Beth stared at him, seeing that he was struggling, causing her to immediately feel guilty.

"I'm sorry, Connor.. I really am. Um.. let's just forget this ever happened, okay..?" Guilt flooded through her, but slowed as his LED turned back to blue, and his posture relaxed.

"That'd be good."

He knew that he could never forget about it, and definitely knew that Amanda wouldn't be happy with him at all. Even worse.. Beth had probably put herself at even more risk, by doing that.

Connor wouldn't completely shut her out, but he wouldn't try to see if she actually had feelings for him. He'd simply remain a friend, even if that could be considered Deviant in itself.

Beth nodded, watching as he started blinking, his LED flashing yellow. "Connor?"He snapped out of it, looking at her."There's another case."

Beth mentally groaned.

"Of course there is.. and on my day off too..."She hopped off of the counter, giving a slightly tense smile to Connor, before speaking."Where's the case at?"

Connor's LED blinked."Stratford Tower."She shook her head lightly before walking out of the kitchen and into her bedroom.

She came back less than 30 seconds later, with her coat on. Beth walked over to the table, grabbing the keys to her motorcycle off of it.

"C'mon, Connor."Beth called."Let's go.. can you also notify my father of the situation that way we can meet him there..?"The Android nodded his LED flickering yellow, as he presumebly notified the Lieutenant.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

*Flashback start~8 years ago*

Beth held a one year old Cole in her arms, the boy snuggling into her chest. Hailey was in the kitchen at the table, while Hank was at work.

The girl looked up as Hailey walked out of the kitchen and into the living room, her keys and purse with her."Where ya goin'..?"Beth asked curiously, for once not with a irritated tone.

"Grocery store."Hailey answered simply walking out, with barely a glance towards them. Beth sighed at the woman's odd behavior, wondering why Hailey would act that way.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"I'm home..!"Hank called out as he walked in the front door, his eyes immediately falling to the couch. Beth was lying down on her back, Cole's small form resting on her chest, and part of her stomach.

Her eyes were closed, but then opened as he fully walked in."Hey, daddy."She called to her father quietly, trying not to accidently wake her sleeping brother.

"Hey, baby girl.. you doin' alright..?"

Beth nodded gently smiling at her dad, sleepiness present in her eyes."Why don't you head to your room, and I'll take care of Cole, okay..?"She nodded slowly, her father walking over and grabbing Cole off of her.

Surprisingly the boy didn't wake, and simply continued to sleep."Beth.. where's Hailey..?"Hank asked quietly, just now realizing that his wife wasn't there.

"She said she was going to the grocery store."She answered sitting up and letting out a loud yawn. Hank furrowed his brows at this before asking the next question on his mind.

"How long ago.. was this..?"

Beth grabbed her phone, taking a quick glance at the time, before her eyes bulged out."4 hours ago..."Beth was startled at this realization, Hailey never went to the grocery store for more than an hour and half.

"Beth, call Hailey."Hank practically ordered his voice sounding desperate, which he was. He'd already lost his first wife Maia, he couldn't lose Hailey, it would be devastating. Especially for Cole, if something happened to Hailey, he would never know his mother.

"It went straight to voicemail..."Beth said."Call the station.. tell them that my wife is presumably missing."Hank told Beth, which accidently woke Cole.

The boy cried a little, making Hank rock him. He was one years old, but he was already a cranky person, whenever he wakes up. Hank sighed, watching worriedly as his daughter called the all the grocery stores in town, and after getting no information, Beth called the station.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

A couple weeks turned into days, then months, and there was still no sign of Hailey Anderson. If she was still alive, she had fallen right off the radar, no clue to where she'd had gone.

Hank was worried that she'd been kidnapped, or even worse.. killed, and they just hadn't found the body yet. He only hung on to his sanity for the sake of his children, but even then he was walking on a very thin line.

Beth blamed herself for Hailey's disapperance, because she was the last one to see Hailey, before the woman disappeared.

She blamed herself, because now Cole wouldn't have a mother to look up too, and her father wouldn't have his wife. To be honest, she always thought Hailey was trying to be her mother, which she didn't like.

Beth didn't like that, she wanted to never replace her mom. But now.. she realized how selfish she was being, Beth hadn't really given Hailey a chance. She simply tolerated the woman's presence, so her father would be happy.

Hank wasn't stupid though.. he knew that his daughter had a anger towards Hailey. One that he regretibally understood.. the girl hadn't had a mother to look up too, then a random woman shows up, when she's nearly an adult, trying to care for her.

"I'm sorry.. Hailey... I should have been nicer to you.. I hope you're okay. I hope you come back one day..."

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Cole was two now, his birthday a week ago. The boy had grown so much, a lot bigger than Beth was at his age. He was adorable, cute, and precious.

He was truly the light of Beth's life.. Cole gave her hope, and the courage to live on. And for that.. she would always be eternally grateful to him.

He didn't have to speak, he could simply be sleeping, and Beth would think the same. Cole was innocent, with intense curiousity and excitement in his eyes, whenever a book was read to him before he was put to bed.

Beth wondered if Hailey was okay, and awaited everyday, hoping that the woman would come home.. but she never did. Her father never gave up hope, but eventually even he had to admit that things weren't looking that good..

Maybe Hailey would come back.. but as time went on, the chances of her returning were even slimmer...

*Flashback Over*

Hailey Anderson's hands gripped the desk she was sitting at, tightly, her eyes shining with tears. Cole, her baby, was dead, and she never knew until now.

She hoped Hank wouldn't hate her, but she had to see him again, after this was all over. Hailey hoped both him and Beth would forgive her, but she knew that she certainly didn't deserve it...

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

*Sorry it took so long to get out. But I'm trying to add more content to the chapters before I post them. Thank to all who've read this story, and I appreciate all the votes and feedback😃*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 2K 22
Connor is lieutenant Hank Anderson's partner. He aids him on the force and in his home. One morning after a long night of drinking, Hank gets a very...
DBH By moooo

Fanfiction

67.8K 2.3K 18
Connor, the Android sent by CyberLife and Lieutenant Hank Anderson are now armed with the task of taking care of a five year old girl after she survi...
83K 2.2K 74
My name is Rose... Detective Rosalie Anderson, if I want to be formal... The niece of Lieutenant Hank Anderson... An ordinary 26 years old girl who l...
4.6K 222 7
Set in an AU where Cole never dies from the accident and lives a happy, quiet life with his dad, Hank Anderson. Connor is the android sent by Cyberli...