Damaged Beyond Repair [Fruits...

By XxScarletMaidenxX

Another story coming back from my old account... slow updates.... hey look I actually did ...kind of... write... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Twelve

2.4K 92 9
By XxScarletMaidenxX

~Shigure's POV~

We got to the school a little later in the day when it would be less crowded. Luna was tenser than usual, her fists were clenched at her sides and she looked ready to snap at any moment. I'd really wished Hatori hadn't mentioned that Akito had planned on attending the festival instead. Hatori seemed more depressed than usual and the tension between him and Luna was absolutely suffocating. Had something happened between the pair of them when they were alone in the car the other day?

"Luna, Hatori said you sang again, will you sing for us later?" Momiji asked suddenly as we climbed the stairwell heading toward Kyo, Yuki and Tohru's classroom.

Hatori stiffened at this and looked to Luna worried as if expecting her to crumble.

Luna threw me a dark look; she knew it was me who had told Hatori. He'd told me to keep him up to date on her progress; he was her doctor after all. "No." She replied coolly and walked ahead of us in silence.

I sighed as Momiji ran after her with a whine and turned to Hatori, "Why did you tell Momiji?"

"He was worried about her, I thought if he knew she was singing again he'd be reassured." Hatori sighed as he watched Momiji link arms with Luna.

The pair reached the classroom and I chuckled as Momiji darted inside and called, "YUKI!" followed by a bunch of 'awh's from the girls in the class.

Luna hesitated at the door afraid to go in and be ogled at. Hatori walked past her and attempted to get Momiji under control, "Momiji please behave yourself." He sighed as he stoically entered the classroom.

Luna tensed as she picked up on something someone had said that I couldn't quite pick up. I approached her carefully and slid my arm around her slender waist. Miraculously, she began to relax against me.

"You knew Akito was planning on attending, didn't you?" She asked softly as we stepped into the classroom immediately drawing the attention of all the students and guests.

I hesitated not wanting to upset her and cause a scene as people were already staring. Tohru smiled and waved at us from her place next to the rice stall they'd constructed. My eyes wandered about the room looking for something, anything, to distract Luna with. She continued staring up at me her feral eyes narrowing into a glare as I continued stalling for time.

"Yuki, are you wearing a dress?" I cracked a grin as I spotted Yuki wearing a ridiculously frilly outfit at the front of the room with Momiji sitting atop his shoulders.

Yuki shot me a death glare.

Luna's gaze flitted away and I mentally applauded myself, disaster effectively diverted, "Nice try." She smiled and gripped my arm in an iron hold.

"Not in front of the kids." I attempted to tease her.

She glared once more before disentangling herself from me and joining Tohru at the rice stand. Momiji kindly gave us all an introduction as Hatori embarrassingly began checking Yuki's vitals causing Tohru to panic.

"Yuki are you sick?" Tohru paled.

"You're Tohru, right?!" Momiji squealed and bounced up to the startled girl.

"Yep, that's me." Tohru smiled politely.

"Now me, guess who I am." Momiji giggled childishly.

Luna rolled her eyes at this; he'd just introduced himself to everyone in the room ten seconds ago.

"Momiji, right?" Tohru didn't seem bothered by his bubbly attitude.

"That's right!" Momiji cheered before leaning in closer, "You know about the secret right?"

"Secret?" Tohru looked momentarily confused before smiling, "Oh, right."

"So I can hug you?" Momiji grinned and attempted to lunge at Tohru.

"Not in front of everyone!" Yuki groaned and I reached out and caught the bubbly boy before he could pounce on sweet innocent Tohru.

"Why the hell are you all here?" Kyo demanded angrily.

"Yuki's been neglecting his appointments and I was watching Momiji for the day so I brought him along." Hatori shrugged.

Kyo turned on me, "What's your excuse?"

"Tohru invited me." I beamed.

"Disgusting." Luna, Kyo, and Yuki said in unison.

Luna's cold words pierced through me painfully causing me to lose my grip on Momiji and send him falling into Tohru. The two went tumbling to the floor and I cringed at the familiar 'pop' of a transformation as Momiji turned into a rabbit.

Kyo and Luna shielded the pair to the best of their ability.

"What was that noise?" Someone in the crowded classroom asked curiously.

"Tohru are you alright?" Someone else asked as Tohru sat up from the floor with Momiji in his rabbit form sitting across her knee.

"Where did that rabbit come from?"

"Hey! Where did Momiji go?"

This was not good! Everyone was going to find out.

"Are those his clothes?!" A girl panicked, "Is he running around naked?!"

"Momiji I'm going to kill you." Kyo glowered.

"That's so weird!" The students continued to panic.

"As weird as a boy in a dress?" Yuki said dramatically, "I look like such a freak."

Tohru scooped up Momiji and bolted out the door as the rest of the class swarmed around Yuki in an effort to console him. After some hilariously awkward comments from boys and girls alike about Yuki's charming looks, the students once again began to get suspicious about Momiji and now Tohru's disappearance.

"Where did that kid go without his clothes?" They began again.

I had to do something to keep them from going to search. Dramatically I dropped to my knees at Luna's feet, "Luna, I can't bear this any longer."

Everyone turned to us curiously.

Luna stared down at me with wide eyes, "Shigure, what are you doing?"

I clasped her hands in mine, "I know I'm just a penniless writer, and I can't shower you in the luxuries you deserve."

All the high school girls began to turn teary at this, "Aw! How sweet, he's declaring his love."

"I just can't live without you in my life!" I continued on dramatically as Kyo slipped out of the room to find Tohru and Momiji while shaking his head at our crazy antics.

"Shigure, what the hell are you doing?!" Luna hissed so only I could hear.

"Please, say you'll marry me." I kissed the back of her hand and tried not to laugh as all the girls in the classroom squealed.

Luna's cheeks burned scarlet and she stared down at me with wide eyes.

"Say yes! Say yes!" All the girls cried.

"I-." Luna looked to Hatori and Yuki for help.

Yuki looked just as shocked as Luna and Hatori was pointedly trying to look away from us. I thought I saw a twinge of sorrow in his dark olive green eyes but he cast his eyes away as soon as I looked over at him.

"Make me the happiest man in the world." I continued on hoping to snap her from her shell shocked state, "Marry me, Luna."

A single tear slipped down her cheek whether from embarrassment or whatever else, I wasn't entirely sure. "Yes."

The entire class erupted into cheers and Hatori walked out abruptly as we were suddenly surrounded by students offering us their congratulations and asking to be invited to the wedding. Luna threw me a look over the crowd of students that said I wasn't getting off the hook so easy. 

Video- "Periscope" By Papa Roach Ft Skylar Grey 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 641 28
[Under Rewrite] This is book 2 of my on going Fruits Basket series. "Do you really think he would believe your word over my own?" Kenshin asked wicke...
11.2K 554 17
"Even when the world doesn't need us, we live for the people who do" "So do you need me?" "Of course I do." A warm smiled graced her features as sh...
142K 3.7K 30
Akari Sohma is the younger fraternal twin sister of the current Head of the Sohma family and the God of the zodiac spirits, Akito Sohma. Unlike her t...
81.4K 2.9K 55
❝ 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐈𝐑 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐔𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐎 ❞ ╰┈┈➤ ❃ུ۪ | 𝐒𝐨𝐡𝐦𝐚 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚...