A Werewolf and a Human [2] St...

By TeenWolfHuman

Four months after the events that nearly ended Jackson's life and resurrected Peter Hale, the McCall twins an... More

Chapter 1: Tattoo
Chapter 2: Chaos Rising
Chapter 3: Fireflies
Chapter 4: Unleashed
Chapter 5: Frayed
Chapter 6: Motel California
Chapter 7: Currents
Chapter 8: Visionary
Chapter 9: The Girl Who Knew Too Much
Chapter 10: The Overlooked
Chapter 11: Alpha Pact
Chapter 12: Lunar Ellipse
Chapter 13: Anchors
Chapter 14: More Bad Than Good
Chapter 15: Galvanize
Chapter 16: Illuminated
Chapter 17: Silverfinger
Chapter 18: Riddled
Chapter 19: Letharia Vulpina
Chapter 20: Echo House
Chapter 21: The Fox And The Wolf
Chapter 22: De-Void
Chapter 23: Insatiable
Chapter 24: The Divine Move
Chapter 25: The Dark Moon
Chapter 26: 117
Chapter 27: Make-Up Date
Chapter 28: Muted
Chapter 29: The Benefactor
Chapter 30: I.E.D.
Chapter 31: Orphaned
Chapter 32: Weaponized
Chapter 33: Time of Death
Chapter 34: Perishable
Chapter 36: A Promise to the Dead
Chapter 37: Smoke and Mirrors
THIRD BOOK
NOTICE: Editing/New Stories
NEW STORIES!
NEW BOOK!!
WATTYS 2019

Chapter 35: Monstrous

1.4K 44 5
By TeenWolfHuman

++++++

Derek pulled his car right up to the emergency entrance of the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital. A second later, Sabrina opens the car door, jumps out and sprints toward the hospital doors. Malia opens her car door and shuts it behind her. She then closes the car door, Sabrina had opened.

Derek rolled down his window and called for Malia. She bent down and looked at him through the window.

"Stay close to Sabrina, okay?"

Malia nodded, "I wouldn't let anything happen to her." 

"Would you like me to wait here to give you a ride back?" 

Malia shook her head, "If Sabrina wants to stay here with Stiles, I'll stay as well." Derek nodded, "Okay, if you need anything, call me." "I'll tell Sabrina that," Malia said before turning away and running towards the hospital doors.

Once Malia stepped foot in the hospital, she scanned the area for Sabrina and found her yelling at a scared nurse at a desk. Malia quickly made her way over to Sabrina.

"Do you even know who I am, lady?" 

The nurse shook her head and jumped when Sabrina slammed her hand down on the desk. "My mom is Melissa McCall. She is a nurse here just like you. Now please tell me where my mom is so I can go see my boyfriend, Stiles who was just recently brought in here fora concussion." 

Malia put her hand on Sabrina's arm and pulled her away from the desk, "Malia!" Malia growled at Sabrina softly and she stopped struggling in Malia's grasp. Malia turned towards the scared nurse and gave a fake smile toward her, "Sorry about my friend here. Can you just tell us where her mom, Melissa McCall is?"

The nurse quickly typed Melissa's name into the computer, "She's currently with a patient in room 115-" "Thank you," Malia said before pulling Sabrina with her. "But you can't go in there!" The nurse shouted after Malia and Sabrina but they ignored her as they turned around a corner.

++++++

Stiles let out a sigh as Melissa McCall checked him over. 

"I'm completely and totally fine," he told her as he tried to stand up but she put her hands on his shoulders and pushed him back onto the bed, "Uh-uh-uh. You completely and totally have a concussion, Stiles. Lie back down. The doctor said you're not leaving without a CT scan." 

"We still haven't paid for the last one," he told her as he stood up again.

Melissa shook her head, "Oh, no, no, no. Meredith is at the station. Your dad said it could take some time but he will get her to talk. Even if I let you go, what would you do?" 

Stiles sighed before sitting back down on the bed, "Okay, fine," he looked up at her, "Could you do me one little favor?" Melissa nodded, "Anything." "Can you get me a tape player?" "Like cassettes?" Stiles nodded, "Yes. Tapes." "Yeah, I'll see what I can do." Melissa said walking around the bed and heading towards the door.

"Okay, tapes, though, please," he called out to her.

Melissa paused and looked back at him, "Cassettes," she corrected him before walking out of the room.

++++++

Sabrina and Malia walked down the hall and paused when they saw Melissa at a desk, talking with a nurse. 

"Mom!"

Melissa turned around and smiled at her daughter. Sabrina walked up to her and gave her a hug. "Honey, what are you doing here?" 

"Stiles' dad called me saying that Stiles was here." 

Melissa sighed, "He is."

"Is he-" "He's okay, honey," Melissa said as she rubbed her hands up and down her daughter's arms, "He just has a concussion." Sabrina let out a sigh of relief, "Thank God." Melissa chuckled, "Would you like to see him?" 

Sabrina hesitated, "Uh-" She then shook her head and turned towards Malia, "I-I can't do this," she turned around and ran towards the nearest bathroom. Melissa looked over at Malia, "What's wrong with my daughter?" 

"She and Stiles aren't really talking to each other right now." 

Melissa crossed her arms, "Why not?" 

"Scott, Stiles and Sabrina were keeping a secret from me and Sabrina wanted to tell me but Stiles wouldn't let her. That day when we took our PSATs, I found out the secret and was mad at them and stormed out. Sabrina got mad at Stiles that she thought we had lost me as a friend and stormed out as well. But she and I totally made up. She and Stiles on the other hand-" 

Melissa let out a sigh, "Thank you for telling me this. Would you like to go see Stiles while I talk to Sabrina?" Malia nodded, "Why not? Might as well forgive him now that way he and Sabrina can finally make up. Look, I love Sabrina and all but I don't like sad, heartbroken Sabrina." 

"I don't either honey," Melissa agreed with her, "He's in-" "Oh, I know what room he is in. I can smell him," Malia said before walking off. Melissa shook her head at Malia's comment before heading towards the bathroom to talk to her daughter.

She walked in and saw Sabrina standing by one of the sinks. Sabrina looked up and quickly wiped away a tear that had fallen. Melissa walked over to her daughter and pulled her into a hug. Sabrina immediately wrapped her arms around her mom. 

"Mom-"

"Shh, honey. You don't have to explain, Malia told me the whole story." Melissa pulled away but still kept her hands on Sabrina, "Honey, every relationship has its problems, but what makes it perfect is if you still want to be together when things go wrong. You still want to be with Stiles, right?" 

Sabrina nodded and Melissa gave her daughter a soft smile, "Then go see Stiles and work things out together, okay?" Sabrina let out a shaky breath, "Okay," Melissa grabbed her daughter's hand, "Let's go. I'll be with you, every step of the way." Sabrina sadly smiled at her mom. She was grateful that Melissa was her mom.

Together, the mother and daughter walked out of the bathroom and towards the room that Stiles was in. Just as Melissa was about to open the door, Malia stepped out. "So, Stiles and I made up." Melissa turned towards her daughter, "If Malia could forgive Stiles, you can too." Sabrina nodded. Melissa let go off her daughter's hand and went in first.

"You got this, Sabrina. Remember, you are a badass werewolf," Malia said to her.

Sabrina nodded, "You're right...I am a badass werewolf." 

Malia grinned at Sabrina, "Now go make up with Stiles." 

Sabrina took a deep breath and opened the door to the room that Stiles was in. As she walked past Malia, she slapped Sabrina's butt. Sabrina jumped and glared at Malia who gave her a thumbs up. Sabrina shook her head and stepped into the room.

"No. But I found someone looking for you."

Sabrina stepped out from behind Melissa.

She and Stiles stare at each other and Melissa took this as her cue to leave. She closed the door behind her.

"I heard you almost got killed," Sabrina said after a few moments of silence.

"I heard you almost got killed," he said back to her.

"You okay?" 

"Brunski punched me in the face. Turns out he was a serial killer." Sabrina nodded, "Makes sense." "Yeah. What about you?" "We almost got set on fire." 

"You okay?" 

"I'm fine," she told him. 

They then went back to just silently staring at each other.

"I'm gonna go," she told him.

"You don't have to," Stiles told her.

Sabrina shook her head, "I should go." Stiles nodded, "Okay." Sabrina turned around and placed her hand on the doorknob. She pulled on it, expecting it to open but it didn't even budge, "It's locked."

Confused, Stiles walked over to the door as Sabrina let go off the doorknob. Stiles placed his hand on the doorknob and pulled on the door, but it still wouldn't open, "Why would she lock the door? Uh...Hey, Melissa?!" 

Stiles rattled the doorknob again, "Melissa!"

"I could break it," Sabrina suggested.

Stiles looked back at her, "How about you not? I already owe this hospital enough money." Sabrina sighed, "Why would my mom lock the door?" Stiles shrugged, "Maybe she didn't mean to."

"You don't just accidentally lock a door." "Okay, well, maybe she wasn't thinking, exactly. Or wasn't thinking it through. You know, people sometimes do things without thinking them through." Sabrina huffed, "Then my mom's stupid for doing this. No offense, mom, I still love you." 

"Look, Sabrina, even smart people can do stupid things. You know, 'cause they think that it's the right thing. And I don't think we should hold it against her, you know, for the rest of her life! Especially because she's tried apologizing hundreds of times through texts and voicemails."

Sabrina stared into Stiles's eyes, clearly they weren't talking about her mother, anymore, "Is she gonna keep begging?" "She might," Stiles said to her. 

"You know, I don't have much experience in relationships and forgiveness to your partner...some things I'm picking up fast like knowing that you prefer to be the little spoon and your order from McDonald's. But other things are like..."

"Like math?" Stiles guessed bringing a small smile to Sabrina's face as a memory resurfaced through her mind. She remember after being rescued from Mexico, she suddenly couldn't control her shift and forgot how to do math as well. Stiles had began tutoring her in Math and she was slowly getting her knowledge back in that subject.

"I hate math," she sighed.

He stepped closer to her. "You hate me?" She took a step closer to him, "I love you, Stiles. I love you a lot." Stiles shrugged, "I can work with that." 

Sabrina let out a mock gasp and lightly hit his arm. Stiles let out a chuckle, before looking back down at her, "I love you too." 

The two of them then moved for each other and quickly locked themselves in to a passionate but soft kiss. Sabrina's hand went to grasp at Stiles' cheek while Stiles went and grabbed at the back of her neck to pull her in closer to him. Their hands started to frantically move and grab at each other, as if they would lose the other if they didn't just keep hold.

They missed this. To feel one another. To just be close. They kissed for another moment before they softly broke apart. Their faces were about an inch apart as they stared hard into the other's eyes. 

Stiles felt himself drowning in Sabrina's dark brown eyes while Sabrina wanted to sink in Stiles' honey ones. They were getting ready to kiss again when the door to the room opened on its own.

++++++

Stiles, Sabrina and Malia were spread around the Stilinski family living room as they listened to the tape of Brunski of Lorraine Martin. There was a lot more on here besides the scene where he killed her. He felt there might be something that could point them to the Deadpool since she was the one who developed the code for it in the first place.

They listened and Stiles quickly turned the volume up when Brunski told Lorraine that he had to take her back to Eichen. Lorraine said that she wasn't going to be taken anywhere.

Stiles stopped it, "This didn't happen at Eichen House." 

"It sounds like Lorraine had escaped and gone somewhere," said Sabrina. "But then where did she go?" asked Malia. "That's what we have to find out," Stiles said before he rewind that part of the tape. 

"Get back to Eichen, Lorraine."

"No. No. I don't think you're gonna be taking me anywhere." 

Malia's eyes widened, "That's it," she said. "That's where it is." "Where?" Sabrina asked. Malia didn't answer, she looked over at Stiles, "Play it again and turn it up." Stiles did just that and the three of them quietly listened to Lorraine talking again. But, this time, they heard something along with her voice.

"What is that?" Sabrina asked. "That scratching sound?" "It's the record player," Malia told her.  Stiles stopped it, "What record player?" 

Malia stood up, "The one in the lake house. In the study." Stiles narrowed his eyes, "So she escaped from Eichen House to go back to listen to a record player?" "Well, she was like Lydia, right? She was a banshee."

"Yeah, but only once. She predicted Maddy's death and then just spent decades trying to predict something else." "Maybe she finally did. And what if this time, it wasn't just one death, it was a lot of deaths?" 

Sabrina's eyes widened, "Like the dead pool." Malia nodded, "What if all those years ago, Lorraine predicted it? And she knew there was something in the study that could stop it?"

Stiles moved and pulled out his keys from his pocket, "Then we're going to the lake house." 

++++++

Stiles, Sabrina and Malia were inside the study at the lake house. The three were sitting in front of the record player as it was running.

Stiles let out a heated sigh, "What are we doing?" He then got up and shook his head, "This room wasn't even made for us. No, we need someone like Lydia or Meredith, and we're just sitting here listening to a stupid record player play a record that doesn't play anything." He then turned the player off, "Come on. There's plenty of other things we can be totally useless doing."

Stiles opened the door but stood there as he waited for Sabrina and Malia to follow him but they didn't.

Sabrina's ears perked up when she heard the scratching again. She looked over at Malia to see if she had heard the noise and by her facial expression, she had. 

"Stiles!" Sabrina called out.

"Yes?" 

"Malia and I can still hear it." 

Stiles was clearly confused, "But it's not on." "Then it's something else. Something spinning." Stiles walked back over to Sabrina and Malia and knelt down. 

Stiles looked behind the record player and noticed that there was a wire from the player and it was leading into the wall, but there was no outlet. It was like it was running into it. He gave it a yank and made a small tear in the wall and the sound got louder.

There was something back there. He shared a look with Sabrina and Malia and they nodded together. Sabrina and Malia stood side by side as they both went and thrust their hands into the wall to find that it was hollow. They pulled on the plaster and think sheet rock and revealed machines on the opposite side.

"What is this?" Malia asked.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at it, "A Deadpool."

Sabrina quickly moved to catch Malia as she was going to punch it. "Whoa," she said pulling her back. "We can't just smash it to pieces." 

Malia narrows her eyes at Sabrina, "You wanted to break the doorknob off back at the hospital." Sabrina raised her eyebrows at Malia, "How did you even know about that?" "I listened into yours and Stiles' conversation the entire time." 

"Malia!" 

"What?"

"That's called an invasion of privacy?" 

"What's an invasion of privacy?"

Sabrina groaned and was about to explain what that meant but Stiles jumped in, "Girls, we can talk about privacy later. Let's get back on track here with the deadpool, okay?"

Sabrina and Malia nodded.

Stiles nodded, "Okay? If this thing's being used to disseminate the list, then it's probably gonna keep going until everyone's dead." 

"Then what do we do?" Malia asked. Stiles shook his head, "It needs some kind of prompt or command or something, right?

Malia started to approach but she shook her head when Sabrina thought she was going to try smashing it again. She pointed to where there was some kind of small keyhole at the top. "What about a key?" 

++++++

Immediately, Stiles went and called Lydia and was holding his phone to it so she could get a good look, "You see it, there's got to be a way to turn it off, right?" 

"I don't know. I don't know anything about computers from the 1970s." "Neither do we," Sabrina chimed in. "You and Lydia are supposed to be the smart ones," Malia said. "Well, sorry that we didn't take a class all about computers from the 1970s," Sabrina said to Malia.

Stiles rolled his eyes at Sabrina and Malia, the two kept on bickering with each other since they got to the lake house and he wondered what was up with them. 

"Okay, where's the monitor?" Lydia's voice rang out as Stiles paid attention to her again, Stiles held the phone to get the angle of the machines so Lydia could get a good look. "Lydia, there is no monitor. There are buttons, knobs, spindles, no monitor." 

He jingled the phone and Lydia caught something at the side, "Wait, turn the phone back. Point it at the carpet." "The what?" "The floor! Just show me the floor," she told him as he did. "Where's the stain? There should be red blotches, a wine stain." 

"There's nothing," Stiles told her. "That doesn't make sense. I gave the five hundred dollars I was supposed to use to hire cleaners to Brunski. 

"Lydia, what the hell does wine have to do with anything?" "Red wine doesn't just disappear," she said sternly. She then stared off. "Unless it wasn't wine," she muttered to herself.

"What? What do you mean?" Stiles said, still not following.

But Lydia was still thinking to herself. If her grandmother was trying to stop the Deadpool by warning her then she had to have left something to help them. "The ashes weren't ashes. The study isn't a study. The record player isn't a record player. So...so maybe the wine wasn't wine. Stiles, you have to find the wine. Find the bottle. There could be something about it." 

"What kind? What's it called?" 

"It's a 1982 Cotes du Rhone."

"I'll get it," Sabrina said before running out of the room. She ran downstairs and into the kitchen. She searched the cabinets until her eyes landed on the wine cabinet. She opened and silently cheered as she found the wine that Lydia was talking about.

She ran back upstairs and into the study. 

"I found it!" she said as she handed the wine bottle to Stiles as he handed her his phone with Lydia still on the screen. Stiles jingled it for her, "I think there's something inside. Do you have, like, a wine opener or-"

Stiles never finished his thought as Malia grabbed the bottle out of his hands and threw the bottle to the floor where it shattered apart. 

Stiles huffed before bending down and carefully started to sift through the broken glass where he found a small metal key on a string. Stiles took the key and ran over to the computer where he then pushed it into the keyhole. He turned it and watched as the computer's board started to slow down until it stopped fully.

They had did it. They finally stopped the Deadpool.

[Published 8/19/18]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 61 23
Sacrifices, Darachs, Druids, an Alpha pack, the death of two friends, the return of my sister, I've been through so much in just a few weeks. I thoug...
2.4M 49.3K 64
Tessa McCall is bestfriends with brother Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. One night, the three of them go looking for a body. Well, their lives cha...
214K 4.1K 24
Sabrina McCall is Scott's twin sister. The McCall twins knew everything about one another. Scott even knew about Sabrina's crush on their best friend...
2.6K 92 15
When a pack of crazed Alphas arrive in Beacon Hills, creating chaos, can Skylar and her friends stop them? Can the she-wolf save her twin? And best...