Blueberry Muffins

By oceansandjikook

A Jikook story - "So, Jimin," he said, looking up at me once again, "Would you like to join me at the cafe to... More

01
02
03
04
06
interlude
07
08

05

135 20 17
By oceansandjikook

five ~ a nervous wait

═══ ゚☆ *.☽ ═══
no, i can't stop looking
you make my heart beat
out of my chest
═══ ゚☆ *.☽ ═══

Park Jimin

6:13 pm.

Nerves.

Never before had I ever felt so panicked.

"Jiminie-hyung, would you please stop bouncing around?" Tae asked as I paced/hopped/danced around the living room. I knew I was being annoying but I simply couldn't help it.

I was nervous, but it was a good nervous. It was the kind where your hands couldn't stop moving, your feet couldn't stop tapping and your tummy was full to the brim of hyper butterflies, yet you were still smiling.

My excitement was all due to the fact that Jungkook - and wow, what a perfect name for such a beautiful man - would soon be at my door to begin our date. Despite the butterflies and the nerves, I was ecstatic.

I could not stop picturing those smiling eyes as they gazed so gently into my own. I didn't even know you could gaze gently, but apparently Jungkook could.  And the way he called me cutie literally made me want to squeal and wrinkle up my nose in awe of this stunning man who had asked me on a date.

Ever since I had first laid eyes on him months ago I had imagined what it would be like for such a handsome man to look at me, to smile at me and maybe even say hello to me. I didn't even allow myself to imagine anything more because I knew - or I thought I knew - that he'd never take an interest in me.

But now, my mind was running wild.

If this date goes well, what if..?

What if I get to see his real laugh? Like when you're so happy that even a small joke can make you lose control. I wanted to see him that happy.

I wanted to make him that happy.

What if I get to kiss him? Oh my, I had stolen a few gazes at those perfect lips and they seemed to just call my name, telling me how soft and warm they would be on my own.

Maybe we could turn into something more, maybe I could get to know him more and learn about his dreams, fears and worries.

Okay, stop Jimin.

I had a habit of getting ahead of myself and letting my mind run wild with possibilities.

But what if he thinks I'm boring? What if there's a pause and neither of us know what to say?

No, stop.

It was one date and it hadn't even happened yet. I needed to calm down, relax and just enjoy the slight awkwardness and fun of a first date.

Yeah, that's what I'd do. Stay calm and just see what happ-

"PARK JIMIN! I AM TRYING TO WRITE A VERY IMPORTANT ESSAY! DO YOU MIND?" Taehyung's loud voice ripped through my focused mind and I turned my gaze to my best friend who looked ready to murder me.

I had been pacing and mumbling unconsciously, disturbing my flatmate with my persistent noise.

"Sorry, Taetae," I smiled sheepishly, running a hand through my soft, freshly washed hair, "I'm so nervous. I can't help it."

Taehyung's face softened immediately as he caught the worry in my eyes. The way my hands were aggressively wringing each other, the fact that my feet could not keep still, the way my eyes couldn't settle on anything for more than a few seconds; it all proved to him how panicked I was for this date.

"Come here, hyung," said Tae, shutting his laptop and standing up, beckoning me into his arms.

I wasted no time in joining his embrace, grateful for the comfort he was providing. Even though he was younger than me, he was taller and bigger, which meant I always felt safe and extra comforted when he hugged me.

"What are you most worried about, Chim Chim?" He asked, holding me tight and soothing me with his kind tone.

We had been good friends for long enough for Taehyung to have learnt how to deal with me when I was nervous or upset. I was prone to worrying excessively and over the years, he had become the one I relied on the most to bring me back down to Earth when I was stuck in my head.

"It's just normal date nerves I guess, but I'm worried he won't like me once he gets to know more about me. And what if I spill coffee on myself or tip it over? Tae, you know how clumsy I am, something embarrassing is bound to happen to me," I whined.

"So what if it does?" He chuckled, knowing all too well what I was like. "You're the most endearingly clumsy person I've ever met, Chim, he'll just find you adorable. All you need to do is be your naturally lovable self and he'll see how lucky he is to have gotten a date with you. I promise you, Jiminie-hyung, he's going to adore you so much he'll keep coming back for more. He already did it once."

I sighed, already considerably calmer than before after being reassured by the words of my personal hug machine.

He was right. I just had to be my usual self and if he didn't like it, we weren't a good match. The worst that was going to happen was that I come back home later the same as I was before.

"Plus, I'll be working at the window seat while I watch you make a fool of yourself so it won't be all bad if you spill your coffee on him," Tae said mischeviously.

I gasped and pulled away for him, smacking his chest as we both laughed.

"Don't you dare spy on me on my date, Kim Taehyung!" I warned him with a smile, not really minding.

"Okay okay, fine, I won't," He rolled his eyes playfully.

Moments later, a knock on the front door caused my nerves to stir up again. I rushed to the mirror, making sure my blonde hair was neatly parted and checking over my outfit once more.

I was wearing light blue ripped skinny jeans and a white long sleeved t-shirt that was slightly baggy and loose on my small frame. I liked to wear oversized tops because they made me feel small and cute, plus I liked to pull my sleeves over my hands and play with them.

I smiled at myself in the mirror, liking how I looked and knowing that feeling comfortable would only make it easier for me to be happy and enjoy myself on my date.

I bounded over to the door and gave one more glance at Taehyung, who returned a wink and a double thumbs up, before I opened it to see beauty beyond comparison.

Jungkook stood at the door with the most handsome, boyish smile I had ever seen, happiness oozing from his expression as he looked me up and down.

He was wearing black skinny jeans that fitted him so well, showing off his muscular legs and particularly those thighs. It was difficult to bring my gaze up, but I did, not wanting to appear rude. His black, short sleeved t-shirt was plain except for a white Vans logo near his shoulder. It was a simple outfit, but on him it looked so put-together and smart that I was floored by his looks once again.

The all-black outfit coupled with his dark hair really accentuated the intensity of his eyes as they stared kindly back at me while I drank him in.

"Hello there, Jimin," Jungkook greeted, smiling at me so beautifully that my breath caught in my throat, "You look beautiful."

I blushed at his words, noticing how his eyes respectfully ran over my body and he smiled. The corners of my mouth turned up more, which made it rather difficult to reply.

"Thank you, Jungkook, you look very handsome," I said shyly, already playing with the cuffs of my long sleeves.

He beamed cutely, cocking his head to the side as he eyed my smiling face with an adoring gaze that made my heart forget to beat. Yes, he was that stunning.

I seriously could not even begin to describe how beautiful this man was, and the fact that he wanted to go out with me... well, let's just say that one of the gods up there had taken pity on me and let me have one date with a beautiful, charming stranger.

That was the only possible explanation.

"Are you ready to go, cutie?" Jungkook asked, offering me his hand to take.

I didn't even hesitate to nod, allowing him to hold my small hand inside of his larger one and instantly, warmth spread through my body. His hand was gentle and warm as he softly tugged me along in the direction of the stairs that would lead us down to the street and then the cafe.

And, as Jungkook looked over at me as we walked hand in hand, a cheeky, happy grin on his face and pep in his step, I knew that I was about to have a great time.

- - - - -

OOOOOOOO IT'S HAPPENING LADSSSSS

also, the real drama is going to kick off soon, either in the next chapter or the one after. are you evEN READY FAM? 👀

i wonder if anyone can guess what's going to happen...

sorry for the late update btw, i've been away on holiday but i'm back now and ready to feed some jikook hearts ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 380 25
Park Jimin X Jeon Jungkook When Jungkook, the super popular kid, started showing interest in Jimin, the blind boy that everyone ridiculed and called...
60.7K 2.9K 7
Your co-worker: "Why does he always stare at you then leave?" You: "I dont know..." He always does it. He comes in, orders his coffee, t...
283K 18.7K 45
Where Jungkook is a famous erotic book writer and Taehyung is the local cute Barista, --- *tinkle* The blonde looked up hearing the door and watched...
184K 7.6K 36
Min Yoongi can't help but feel incredibly attracted towards Park Jimin. He stares at Jimin's pictures all day on Instagram and daydreams about the la...