Tainted Souls {Damon Salvator...

By hogwartsmylife

Lyanna Gilbert, cousin of Elena and Jeremy Gilbert, moves in with Aunt Jenna along with Elena and Jermey. Sta... More

Cast+Playlist
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22- Finale
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31- Finale
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42-Finale

Chapter 3

9.8K 174 57
By hogwartsmylife

3| Friday Night Bites The Dust

I was walking between Bonnie and Elena, as they talked about Stefan and Elena's relationship. I loved these two girls a lot but I'd rather be anywhere but here, talking about boys and romance.

"I'm not saying don't date the guy. I'm just saying take it slow."

"You were the one who said to go for it."

"Now I'm saying take it slow."

"Why the about-face?"

"It's not an about-face. You're single for the first time in your entire high school career. It's the perfect time to play the field."

"Oh, because I'm so that girl. Seriously, what are you not saying?"

"It's stupid."

"Bonnie..."

"What?"

"Spit it out."

"I accidentally touched Stefan. And I got a really bad feeling."

"Is that it? Bonnie."

"It was bad bad!"

"Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?"

"You know what? I'm just concerned. This is me expressing concern about my best friend's new boyfriend."

"And I love you for it, I do. But I feel good. It's been a hard year, and I'm starting to kind of feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what? Stefan is a big part of that." I felt a bit hurt and playfully looked at Elena.

"Oí! What about me cuz?" Elena hugs me and laughs.

"You too. You make me happy as well." Stefan came over and was happy to see the two girls hugging each other, especially when I still wasn't feeling well.

"Good morning, Elena. Good morning, Lyanna. Good morning, Bonnie." Bonnie looks at her phone and back at the group.

"Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline. She's not answering her phone. So I'll see you guys later." Bonnie leaves and Lyanna had a feeling something good wasn't up.

"Bonnie, wait..."

"She doesn't like me very much."

"She doesn't know you. She's my best friend. She's just looking out for me. But when she does, she will love you, just like Lyanna does."

"Excuse me, I don't love Stefan, I like him. He's aight for now." Elena smiles and Stefan was smiling as well. Elena grins and turns to Stefan.

"Here's what we're going to do. Are you free tonight?"

"Yes."

"Perfect. Dinner, my house. 8:00. You, Lyanna, me, and Bonnie. You two will spend some quality time and she'll get to see what a great guy you are. Mission accomplished."

Lyanna was happy she could make her cousin smile truly. Tyler throws the ball at Stefan, who has his back towards him. He quickly turns around, catches the ball, and throws it back to Tyler. Tyler and Matt are shocked. Elena and Lyanna laughs together.

They head onto History class as Elena tries to convince Stefan to try out for football team. Lyanna sits in her seat and looks at her book bag, seeing her sketch book inside it and takes out her notebook, making sure she can pay attention to Mr. Tanner's lesson.

"World war II ended in...Anyone got anything? Miss Juan? 1945." Lyanna could hear Elena and Stefan talking.

"Psst. FYI...Our team sucks. They could use you."

"Can't."

"Pearl Harbor."

"I'm a loner."

"Miss ElenaGilbert?"

"Hmm?"

"Pearl Harbor?"

"Um..." Stefan replies for Elena.

"December 7, 1941."

"Thank you, Miss Gilbert."

"Anytime." Stefan replies sarcastically.

"Very well. The fall of the Berlin wall."

"1989. I'm good with dates, sir."

"Are you? How good? Keep it to the year. Civil Rights Act."

"1964."

"John F. Kennedy assassination."

"1963."

"Martin Luther King."

"'68."

"Lincoln."

"1865."

"Roe vs. Wade."

"1973."

"Brown vs. Board."

"1954."

"The battle of Gettysburg."

"1863."

"Korean war."

"1950 to 1953."

"Ha! It ended in '52."

"Uh, actually, sir, it was '53."

"Look it up, somebody. Quickly."

"It was 19...53."

The whole class was shook by the whole charade that has played out between Stefan and Mr. Tanner. Apparently Stefan should be the teacher since he knows more about History more than Mr. Tanner does. When the bell rings, Lyanna went to her locker and tries to take some deep breaths in it, she wasn't feeling good at all.

*******
Leaning on the wall of the school didn't help the fact I felt very sick and something was terribly wrong with her stomach. As Lyanna was going to walk on the stairs, outside of the school, Stefan came over with Elena and helped Lyanna out.

"Lyanna what's the matter? Are you alright? What's wrong?" Elena shouted so many questions at me only causing more commotions going on.

"I'm not feeling well. I have a huge headache from this morning and my stomach has been hurting since last night." Stefan and Elena look at each other worriedly. I looked between them and sigh out of tiredness.

"Perhaps we can take her to my house? Seeing how strange it would be for her to be in yours since it's the middle of the day."

Elena nods her head at Stefan and head into the car, helping me lay in the back seat. Stefan drove slowly and Elena constantly kept on checking on Lyanna in the back seat.

"She going to be okay. She just needs some rest is all Elena. I'll take you back to school after this and when it's time for dinner tonight at 8, I'll bring her back don't worry."

They both carried Lyanna in the house, onto the couch of the living room by the fire to keep her body warm. Stefan grabs a blanket near by and covers Lyanna's body, while Elena makes tea and places it near by on the fire place stand. Damon comes in with a drink in his hand and looks at Lyanna and back to his brother.

"What's going on here? Why is she here? And what happened to her?" Stefan clearly had an annoying looked on his face and looked at his brother. It's not like Damon cared.

"She's not feeling well. I need to get back to school and so does Elena. I'll be back after school," Stefan left for his car but before leaving he turns to his brother as Elena kisses Lyanna's forehead,"Be nice Damon and don't do anything to scare her."

Damon nods his head and hears back to his bedroom. Elena looks back at the house outside before getting inside the car with Stefan.

"She will be alright, right? He won't do anything to hurt her or anything?" Stefan smiles and starts the engine on.

"Damon will do as I say or it'll be worst for him than anything else. Don't worry she's fine, and we will come back after school to check up on her."

********

I felt something warm as I woke up, placing my hands on the garden wooden floor. Looking around she found herself in the Salvatore House. Next my eyes drifted to a cup that was on the floor. I picked it up and tasted it a little, turned out to be tea. Picking the blanket up and walking around the house as the blanket draped around my body. Looking around, until I came across a picture that looked a lot like Damon, but it seemed the year was written beneath the picture, 1864. How strange.

"Like what you found?" I turned around and see Damon, behind her, startled, nearly dropped the blanket and the cup I was holding in my hands.

"I'm...I'm sorry..I just woke up, I didn't mean no harm honestly. I was just walking and I came to this picture, I'm sorry honestly."I was shaking with fear inside, because I was terrified of Damon. It's true that he may have gave me a bad vibe but for some reason it terrified me.

Damon places both his hands on my shoulders and could feel me shaking, he moved his lips near my ear, whispers in them.

"Stop shaking, I can sense your scared, terrified. I won't do anything to you, I promise." I calmed down a little bit and continues on looking at the picture.

"Wh-who's that? A relative of yours?" Damon grins and goes over to a near bar to pour himself a drink as I stood in front of the painting admiring it almost, she's never seen anything quite like it.

"Yes, he's the one of the Founders that have found Mystic Falls." I nod my head silently and keeps on looking at the picture, observing how much Damon looks a lot like him,"I suppose it's where I get most of my Salvatore looks. Can't really blame the genes."

Damon had his stupid grin written across his face and I move onto the next pictures that were on the wall. My cup felt empty when I looked down in it  and I had wandered into the kitchen and made myself more tea than I cared to admit.

"So you don't like to be involved in romance but you draw...?" I gasps and tried to snatch my sketch book from Damon's hands, causing my shirt to rail up more and more showing skin.

"Damon! I need my sketch book back, Damon!" Damon was having his stupid grin on his face and ooh I had an urge to just slap him across the face. I gave up and pretended to not care but instead I did the craziest thing that came to my mind. I jumped on his back and grabbed my sketch book from his hands.

"Lyla! What the hell?! You can't just jump on me! Lyla?" I looked at Damon like I saw a ghost and my breath increases. Damon looked at me and noticed how pale and shocked I seemed,"Lyanna? Are you okay?" I nod her head, gripping her hands on the counter of the kitchen as her sketch book was on the counter as well.

Stefan and Elena were laughing as they walked into the house together since they had just finished school. Damon had a look on his face that one else has seen, worrisome. Elena's smile drifts away once she sees Damon.

"Damon....where's Lyanna? Where is she?!"

Damon walks into the kitchen and picks her up, having the two follow him into the living room. Elena checks her temperature and notice she wasn't getting worst or feeling better, Lyanna was just about the same. Stefan looks at his brother, to think he could kill Damon with just that look.

"She's not getting better or worst. She's just about the same when we left." Elena pulls the blanket closer on Lyanna and turned to Damon,"What happened when she woke up?" Damon looks down on Lyanna and back to Elena and Stefan.

"I scared her while she was looking at the Founders picture that was hung up on the wall. We talked and she wanted to make some more tea, I allowed her to do so. I happened to be snooping around in her bag and found her sketch book. I was only playing around with her and then....when I called her Lyla she didn't look too good or bad, she just seemed shocked. After that I didn't do anything. What's wrong with her?" Elena looks at Damon and Stefan sadly. Elena didn't really want to tell anyone but it couldn't be sooner or later.

"I can't tell you why she's like this. But she have been having trouble sleeping at nights, so tea or something to distract her makes her fall asleep quickly. She's not the same girl I once knew when our parents were alive. She's very different and I'm afraid she's fighting something I don't know about or maybe she's hiding something from us, I don't know honestly." Lyanna stirs in her sleep and mummers something. Elena goes by her side and sighs,"I have to take her home, now. She's not getting better or worst, so I don't know. Maybe we need to cancel our Friday night dinner." Elena looks at Stefan who was just looking at Lyanna,"What if Damon here helped take care of Lyanna while we have the dinner? Jermey can also help her."

"Actually, I have a date tonight." Damon states and Elena sighs, putting on a smile.

"I'll just ask Jermey. Thanks a lot for nothing Damon." Elena sneered and Stefan helps Elena with Lyanna.

********
As Bonnie and Elena preparing for dinner they talk while Stefan is upstairs keeping an eye on Lyanna, whom was sleeping in her bed.

"You explain it. Last night, I'm watching Nine-o, a commercial breaks come on and I'm like, I bet it's that phone commercial. And sure enough, it's that guy and the girl with the bench, he flies to Paris and he flies back. They take a picture."

"Oh, come on. That commercial's on a constant loop."

"Fine. Well, how about this? Today I'm obsessed with numbers. 3 numbers. I keep seeing 8, 14, and 22. How weird is that?"

"Maybe we should play the lottery. Have you talked to your Grams?"

"She's just gonna say it's because I'm a witch. I don't want to be a witch. Do you want to be a witch?"

"I don't want to be a witch."

Elena pours the to-go food into a bowl and Bonnie grins a little at Elena.

"And putting it in a nice bowl isn't fooling anybody."

"Ok, serving spoons. Where are the serving spoons?"

"Middle drawer on your left." Elena went to the middle drawer on her left and found the serving spoons. She couldn't believe that Bonnie knew where the things were more than she knew her own house.

"Ok, so you've been in this kitchen like a thousand times."

"Yeah, that's it."

Stefan came downstairs and sighs, Elena whispers to Bonnie in her ear while placing the serving spoons.

"Don't be nervous. Just be your normal loving self." Bonnie sighs and nods her head, giving in for her best friend.

"And will Lyanna be okay upstairs?" Elena nods her head and they all sat down at the table to eat in silence.

I came downstairs and saw nearly everyone I knew here. Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Stefan, and Damon. Elena stands up when she sees me and hugs me.

"Are you hungry? Would you like some tea?" I looked at Elena and shrug my shoulders. It's weird when people just stare at you longer than for three minutes.

"I don't want to take a nap Elena. I just want some food and go back to our room. Don't we have a spare room left here? Why can't I use it, unless you don't want me to." I grab lemonade from the fridge and pour it in a cup, leaning against the counter and I saw everyone looking at me,"What? Can't a girl just drink her pineapple lemonade? Damn."

I walk to the sink and started doing the dishes as everyone else was clearing the table and Damon came over, helping me handing over the dishes. I may not like him but he's a bit of a help.

"One more left."

"Oh, thank you." Damon hands me a glass, but I accidentally drop it and Damon quickly catches it. Such the reflex, Mother fucker such a show off.

"Nice save."

"I like you. You know how to laugh. And you make your cousin happy who's making Stefan smile, which is something I haven't seen in a very long time."

"Earlier, did you mean...Katherine?"

"Mm-hmm." Damon nods his head and I think before asking the question.

"How did she die?"

"In a fire. Tragic fire." Oh God. I don't think my stomach could take it.

"Recently?"

"It seems like it was yesterday."

"What was she like?" I'm quite curious on what she was like, besides I'm a very curious person.

"She was beautiful. A lot like you in that department. She was also very complicated and selfish and at times not very kind, but very sexy and seductive." A lot like me? What's that supposed to mean? Instead I kept my mouth shut and dried my hand with a towel.

"You should keep on drawing, your really good." I looked at Damon and raised my eyebrows.

"Have you been snooping through my stuff? Don't forget your under my roof." Damon grins and plays with his ring on his finger.

"You looked miserable."

"You saw that? You saw my drawing without my consent? What's wrong with you?!" I half whispered and yell at Damon.

"Am I wrong?"

"I-I still love it. Things are very different this year. Everything that used to matter doesn't anymore and I don't have anything to draw until inspiration strikes and so far nothing strikes me yet, until an inspiration strikes, I'm not myself."

"So don't let it. Don't quit drawing, keep at it. Problem solved. Ta-da."

"Some things could matter again."

"Maybe. But...seems a little unrealistic to me." I made eye contact with him and softly touched his hand, he flinched a little but relax soon.

"I'm sorry. About Katherine. You lost her, too. No one should have to stuffer through that. Excuse me, I  should go to my bedroom and read a book."

"Lyanna...." I leave Damon in the kitchen and go up to my shared bedroom and picked out a book that I haven't read in forever, Charlotte's Web. After reading the first four chapters I was to walk down the stairs but before I could go down I heard something from Damon that I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"That's not a problem. Because...I've been invited in, and I'll come back tomorrow night and the following night and I'll do with your little cheerleader and her drawing cousin, whatever I want to do. Because that is what is normal to me."

My breath increases and I remain sitting there for as long as I could, before sitting on the stairs and continue on reading the book. After the guests have left and I came down, to talk to Jenna about having my own room, helping her a little around the kitchen.

"I was wondering, would it be possible to lend me a room by myself? I know it was Elena's parents room but....I think now that she's dating, possibly dating, Stefan, I should have my own room in case of privacy and all. I'll talk to Elena about it and see how she feels but I wanted to ask you, make sure your okay with it?" Jenna looks at me and nods her head. I looked at her surprised and hug her,"Thank you! Thank you thank you so much!"

"Heh. Well, now you'll have to ask Elena and see if it's okay with her. At least you'll have your own privacy. We'll move in your things next weekend."

I nod my head excitedly and the closer I walk to Elena's bedroom the more nervous I get of asking her. Once I reached her room, I saw Stefan still inside and I sigh.

"Elena, is it possible for us to talk...alone, please?"

"It's alright, I'll call you later Elena." He kisses her cheek and I raise my eyebrows in amusement,"Good night Lyanna." Stefan moved past me and I smile.

"Night Stefan," Elena closes the door and looks at Lyanna,"Uhh I noticed that you and Stefan have been closer together now and I want you to know that it's okay to have your own room, but I wanted to ask you if it's okay that I can move into your parents room? I understand if you don't want me to do so, but I know you need your privacy a lot more than I do. Just please consider it, with an open mind." Elena looks softly at me and I smile sadly.

"You can have their room." I looked at Elena in disbelief and stared at her.

"Wha-what you'd say? Elena, are you sure, you have more time to think this through, it doesn't have to be now Elena." Elena and I wipe our own tears that happens to come from our eyes. We're emotional ok? We're girls and we can be emotional, nothing's wrong with that.

"I'm sure. You'll take care of the room and you'll make it feel alive more than anything. I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of the room than you are. Besides we're family and family sticks together, no matter what. I love you Lyanna, and I'm so glad that your here with me in Mystic Falls."

Me and Elena smile and hug each other. I looked at her and gasped.

"The first football team, Stefan! You have to go to the game Elena. Don't worry about me, I'll be okay with Aunt Jenna here." Elena takes my hand and shakes her head.

"No, no more Lyanna. You need to get out and interact with the world. Your shutting your self out and you don't need to do that, you need to be around people Lyanna and you need to be dating someone at least, you haven't dated since you came to Mystic Falls and that's been five months." I shrug my shoulder and stretch my arms.

"I'm really tired and you can fill me in later on the details. Please Elena? I've had a long and tired and weird day. I promise the next time there's a party or some school gathering, I'll be there." Elena sighs and looks at me.

"Okay. Get some good night sleep cousin. We'll talk tomorrow." I nodded my head and Elena was getting ready, not putting on her cheerleaders uniform and left.

I changed into my pajamas and crawled under the sheets in bed, letting the darkness take me asleep and into a land of happiness.

Damon happened to be watching from her bedroom window and came inside. He gently caresses her face and looks down on her happily. One day she would be his and he would be her's just one day.
*******
Well this was quite a chapter. You'll understand why Lyanna is the way she is but as of right now, keep on tight. And no she's not sick or has cancer or anything, she's just kind of shut out other people from her lives except for the Salvatore's and Elena along with Jermey. She's not that social much. Also! Because I have the other chapters ready, I'm considering to update twice a day. ♥️

Comment, Rate, and Vote.

Continue Reading