Hauntingly Beautiful

By princessellea

A story about an adopted girl who wishes nothing more than a peaceful life, a warm home and a happy mind. *Ch... More

Hauntingly Beautiful Ch.1
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 2
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 3
Bonus Chapter
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 4
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 5
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 6
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 7
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 8
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 9
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 10
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 11
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 12
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 13
HauntinglyBeautiful Ch. 14
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 15
⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hey! Hi! Come read me!
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 16
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 17
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 18
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 19
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 20
Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 21

Hauntingly Beautiful Ch. 22

3.9K 200 26
By princessellea

A/N: *waves* I'll keep this short. Here you go. Enjoy.

Jk. That's not all. There's another note at the end of the chapter. For now though, I hope you enjoy reading. xx

-----

"Well?" Luke leaned in, blocking my line of sight. "Do you like it?"

"Of course, she does. When did she ever not like anything I bought her?" Gabriel sounded confident, but his actions said otherwise.

He had been pacing back and forth in front of us, after he handed me a box. It contained a pair of custom, pink glitter roller blades.

I swiped a hand over a part he had painted on, and written on it was 'Trouble'.

"Princess, please do us a favor and put Gabe out of his misery, before he snatches the shoes back and re-decorate it," Victor said, winking when our eyes had met.

"You'll take it back?" I asked Gabriel, pouting when he began marching forward, as if to retrieve the box back. "But I love it."

Gabriel stopped on his tracks and puffed out a breath. He had a hand resting on his hip as another was scratching the side of his head. "You sure? I didn't have enough time to get the layers right, but I can-"

"It's beautiful," I said. His eyes searched mine, as if to make sure I didn't tell a lie. I stared right back at him, letting it sink in.

A couple of seconds had passed and he wouldn't look away still. Then, my face started to feel warm, remembering his gaze and everything else that had happened between us yesterday.

"Aaaand it also has wings which you can clip on. See?" I was thankful when Victor had spoken up. He lifted up the said wings and showed me how to attach it on both sides of the skates.

Gabriel then cut in, telling me to try it on.

"But where are yours? Can I see what they look like? Does everybody get to have one?"

Luke brought a few pairs to the living room and opened them all. "They're just regular roller blades. Nothing to see, really."

True to his words, they looked normal, unlike mine. All three pairs were white in color.

"Can't we customize them? I mean, they're okay but maybe a pop of color here and there?" I asked nobody in particular, but looked at the three boys anyway.

Victor was the first to speak up. "I'm good with a plain white one, Princess," he said, as he flashed me a small smile, not quite meeting my gaze.

"Oh. Of course. I just thought... Ah, silly me." I said, embarrassed. It was like suggesting to ruin a perfectly pair of skates.

"No, no, no, no. You're a genius, cupcake!" Luke exclaimed, a devilish grin on his face as he approached me. He squatted a bit, then with arms encircling my thighs, he lifted me off the floor as he twirled us around.

As I grabbed on to Luke's shoulder, I could see Gabriel talking to Victor animatedly. I couldn't hear what was being said over the sound of Luke's cheers. The boy's face radiated with so much glee and mischief, I was afraid I might have had unleashed something wicked within him.

"North will f*cking kill you, if you mess with his skates and I will not be held responsible for it!" Gabriel suddenly stormed out of the house and the joyous atmosphere dropped quickly.

The three of us stared at the front door, surprised at Gabriel's outburst. However, as we all stood frozen, with the exception of myself, half my body almost dangling from Luke's shoulder, Gabriel had stepped back into the house, carrying a box with him. "Well, what are you waiting for? Grab a pen and start planning!"

***

Silas's POV

"Did they contact you yet?" North asked as he buckled himself in, getting ready to drive away from the school.

We had just finished doing a sweep inside the locker rooms, checking the locks of the main doors and of all the stalls, taking notes of the ones that needed changing. Some were broken and would be an actual headache when we need to break in, in case of emergencies. We didn't want a repeat performance of what Sang had experienced a couple of days ago.

"Why? Were you waiting for something?" I fished out my phone from my front pocket and checked my messages.

"It's Gabe and Luke we're talking about. There's got to be some shit going on when those two are together," he grumbled.

I had to laugh, as I started to imagine the kind of trouble they might be getting into now. "It was your idea, North." I reminded him. "F*cking whipped," I said, failing to bite my tongue this time.

"Shut the f*ck up and just call them."

Oh, this should be fun, I thought to myself.

Before having the chance to open my contacts list, my phone went off. Sang's name and face flashed on the screen, asking for a video call.

"Speak of the-" North began saying before I answered the call, cutting him off.

"Aggele Mou," I cooed, smiling at the camera.

She was waving at me through the screen. "Silas! Are you and North almost here?" she asked, looking pretty excited.

"Yeah. What are you doing?"

"Hey! Is that Silas?" We heard Luke call out. "Bro, you have got to see this."

"I told you they were up to something. Show it to me." North said, as he drove the jeep out of the school's parking lot.

Sang's face was then replaced by Luke's and as he started talking I turned the screen to North for him to see what they were up to. "Silas, I present to you your new skates."

North suddenly broke out in laughter, while clutching the steering wheel harder, trying not to cause an accident on our way to Sang's street.

Turning the screen away from him, I watched the video, curious of what brought out the maniac in him. There was a pair of navy blue skates on top of a table and it had wings attached to it.

"Those were supposed to be Sang's, Gabe." I calmly announced. "I had them ordered just for her.

"Who do you think I am?! Of course, I bought an extra pair," Gabriel spat out, sounding as if a whole country had just offended him.

"What do you think, Silas? Now, we match!" Sang chirped, her face back on, thank the heavens, as the video showed her holding one skate on one hand.

"Trouble designed it herself. You should be thankful."

And I was. I couldn't care less about what it looked it. "I like it, Aggele. I can't wait to try it on."

More laughter came from North as he heard me say it.

"I wouldn't be laughing if I were you, North. Luke has been designing yours for the past hour," we heard Victor say. His side profile was shown on the screen, looking busy, as he filled out a section of a skate with green color.

Then, Sang's face showed up on the screen as she said, "Don't worry, North. I won't let Luke write something bad on it."

I snickered, pointing the front cam at North so Sang could see him, as he replied while still keeping an eye on the road. "That's not entirely what I'm worried about, Sang baby. Anyway, we'd be there soon so at least tell them to clean the mess up."

We hung up as soon as we said our goodbyes, then it was my turn to laugh at him.

"Seriously? You're laughing at me now?"

"What? Mine was cute. And Sang liked it. That's what matters to me."

"Wings. There are f*cking wings on your-" He faced me, failing to keep himself from laughing hard as the image had set into his mind once more.

"Whatever, dude. I'd take it any day than what Luke have in store for you." I smirked. It better be one hell of a ride.

***

Kota's POV

"Hey, are you guys done getting ready?" I asked as Nathan and I let ourselves inside Sang's house with the key we borrowed this morning. We had planned to get the living room set up like the diner and have fun rollerblading inside as we get food out from the kitchen.

Instead, the living room still looked the same. And there was no one inside.

"I think they're back there." Nathan waved me over, as he stood just outside the kitchen. He led the way towards the hallway which led to the back door.

"Just in time," I heard Victor say as he saw us coming out of the house.

Gabe, Luke, Victor and Sang huddled around the table located under the large tree, near the shed.

Sang already had her rollerblades on and was gliding her way to us.

"You're here!" She clapped her hands, excited as she tugged us towards the others.

"Should you be up and skating already? And where are your knee pads and the rest of your protective gear?" I didn't mean to sound so uptight, but the guys and I had already talked this through and had decided to not let her exert too much effort, not when she's supposed to be resting.

I looked over at the three guys, all avoiding my gaze at all cost, then at Nathan. Aren't you going to back me up?

"You look nice with short hair, Peanut."

I shot him a look that says he'd be definitely getting hours tomorrow.

"You too, Honey." She giggled and linked arms with Nathan, both of them reaching the others first.

Nathan looked back and mouthed the words 'worth it', before turning his attention back to her.

I shook my head as they all talked animatedly with each other.

Just when I thought Sang had ignored my existence, she had come back with a pair of green skates in her hands. "You're not angry, are you? It wasn't their fault. I won't overdo it, I promise. I'm a good skater, see?" She circled me a few times, before showing me a sheepish smile.

I contemplated on whether letting her off the hook this time or actually getting her to put on at least a helm--Oh, what the heck? She looked nervous, patiently waiting for an answer. Her face could rival Luke's guilty face whenever I catch him sneaking into the kitchen at night to sneak a few bags of chocolate chips back into the pantry. Luke's guilty face is the king of all guilty faces. So that's saying something.

I had to bit back a groan, silently scolding myself, already counting how many additional push ups I needed to do to make up for what I was about to say. "So, are those mine?" I gestured at the pair of skates she was holding, then flashed smile at her.

"Thank you!" She repeated her thanks, squealing, as she threw her arms around me, careful not to hit my face with the skates. 

Looking up to where the boys were, I saw Nathan mouthing something: I told you so.

-----
A/N part 2:
I would just like to tell you Thank you for your time reading this. And for waiting. And for coming back.

Just a little back story as to how this came back to life. You guys have no idea how relieved I was when I finally found the words to write this chapter. It was only last night when I thought of a way around my original idea for this one. For some reason, the original scene I had in my mind wasn't really allowing me to describe it in details like how I wanted to. For months, I had played around with a few ideas for this chapter but nothing really sticked. But I'm so glad that this one did. And I'm happy that I have a clear picture for the next chapter as well.

If you're reading this.. Thank you ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 16.5K 60
{Completed} A lost soul in a sea of anguish and confusion, Sang floats alone, and the treacherous waters around her are starting to consume her; she'...
46.1K 4K 25
When Gabriel and Sang are assigned to watch over bullying happening in a children's art class, Sang is on cloud nine that she actually gets to help w...
20K 1.1K 62
A young girl named Sang Sorenson has had a rough life. Since she was very little, all she can remember is pain and suffering. She does not really rem...
53.2K 4.2K 19
Sang's been adopted into her best friends family, and in an attempt to help Sang move on and get a fresh start from the horrors that were her past, t...