The Peacemaker {Naruto Fan-Fi...

By TheLegendOf_Bre

We follow the kunoichi Yuyan Hane as she faces the shinobi world once again! Along with her best friend Narut... More

Prologue: The Observer
OC Profiles
Home Sweet Home
And So, it Begins
The Offer?
Still a Hero
Allies and Enemies
A Little Hope
Ran Hane
A Fateful Encounter
Magical
Like a Family
A Normal Day in Life
Plans for the Future
A Turn for the Worst
The Time Comes
An Illusion
Fate
The Legacy of the Hane
Change of Plans
My Beloved Friend
Happy Birthday!
A Stranger Appears
A Pact to Oneself
Pending Missions
I Believe
The Right Words
This Person and This Moment
The One who Sits at the Peak
Because You're You
Goodbye and Good luck
Renegade
Only Time Can Tell
Nostalgia Under the Stars
Don't Take Her from Me
Falling Again
Goodbye, My Friend
Should I Stay or Should I Go?
Not a Warm Welcome
Coming Together
(๑・ิ◡・ิ๑)
Kiyoko Himura
My Letter to you
And Suddenly...
Strike on Konoha
Hisui Tachibana
The Answer
The Joyful Village
That Horrible Man
Judgement
Danzo the Devil
A New Hope
A Loyal Friend
A Hane's Resolve
If it's a War You Want, It's a War You'll Get
My Dear Brother
Ren the Genius
Madara vs. the Hane
The Truth I Ran From
My Hero, Yuyan Hane
I Love You Regardless
The Time Before Us
I Will Protect this World
What is Precious to Me
The Sage's Blessing
You Have to Live
The Tide of War
Now and Forever
Our Battle
Reconilliaction
Peacemaker
A New Era
Author's Note
Something New : Part 1
Something New : Part 2
Something New: Part 3

Night Terrors

1.6K 74 19
By TheLegendOf_Bre

Itachi's POV

I wasn't too surprised to find out I had been resurrected through the edo-tensei. Unfortunate as it was, I was thinking of ways to get out of this predicament.

I had been teamed up with Pein, or Nagato I should say, and imagining the damage the two of us could deal with my mangekyo and his rinnegan was simply unthinkable.

As a dead man, I shouldn't be saying this but I can't help but hope to see Sasuke, Yuyan, and Hisui and Kiyoko. Thing was, if I saw them I'd have to fight them and that would not be pleasant at all.

What really worried me was the third member of our cell, I had never seen him before and he didn't have a headband to identify himself with any particular nation, all he wore were simple black pants, sandals, and a navy blue kimono shirt. The boy also looked foreign too and not to mention he was probably no older than fifteen.

He didn't speak a single word to Nagato nor me but he seemed to be picking up on our conversations when we would say something. I had a strange feeling about him.

We had stopped moving for the night currently. Nagato and I were seated but the boy stood a few feet away and stared at the moon.

"Who are you?" I stood up and walked a little closer, but made sure I kept my distance.

He turned to me and I got a look at his distinct features. If I wasn't mistaken, I'm sure I know who he was.

"You're an Uchiha are you not?" he narrowed his eyes.

"Itachi Uchiha, that's my name. He's Nagato," I pointed and he waved. We seem to be getting along well.

"The Uchiha are from Konohagakure right?" his eyes were curious.

How long has this kid been dead? My family had passed years ago so he certainly died before that time. "We use to, the Uchiha clan is no more, only one survivor remains," I answered. Now that we're talking he seems accommodating.

"How long ago did you die?" he questioned more.

"Not sure how to tell, but I'd say maybe a couple months ago, the Uchiha have been gone for about nine years if my estimation on the current date is correct," I leaned against the statue I was previously sitting on, the boy walked closer and leaned on it as well. He was shorter than me of course, but he had an air of wisdom and confidence.

"That's unfortunate, sorry for your loss, it happens. But...umm, by any chance meet a little girl? Long, white hair? Biiiig blue eyes? Giant smile? Says a lot of puns?"

I didn't want to seem like it, but I was shocked. He didn't look too much like Yuyan or Ran Hane either, I'm assuming he takes after his father but I was certainly surprised.

"Are you Ren Hane? Yuyan's older brother?" I questioned.

"I'm guessing you did meet her," he huffed a laugh, "how is she?"

"Another Hane?!" Nagato was also surprised, "I had no idea Yuyan had siblings. I knew of Ran but who would have known?"

He glared at Nagato when he said his mother's name. "You knew my mother?!"

"You can say that," I answered for him, "he tried to kill us multiple times, but she's no longer alive, Yuyan defeated her so let's not raise the subject."

He sighed and nodded, "that's a relief to hear. Please tell me, how is Yuyan?"

I thought about when I last saw her that we parted ways. I really wonder how she was doing. Last I remember, she wasnt in a very good place, but I really had hope she was better.

"When I last saw her she was pretty down. A lot has happened to her, you really have no idea. But you should be proud, she's so strong and is the most resiliant shinobi I have come to know. I relied on Yuyan a lot, she said I was like an older brother to her and compared me to you a lot," I stopped right there before I began to rant.

"Sorry to tell you, but our organization sort of kidnapped her and as strange as it sounds, I'm glad we did. She brought joy and happiness even to the lives of criminals who really didn't deserve it," Nagato informed Ren as well.

"Ah, that makes me happy," he smiled and stretched, "leaving your little sister all alone in the world isn't a way you wanna leave the world."

I patted him on the shoulder knowing exactly how he felt, "I get you."

"Are you related to the last Uchiha?" he asked.

"Yeah, his name is Sasuke, he's my little brother. I wonder how he's doing."

"That's interesting. Yuyan the final survivor of the Hane clan and Sasuke the final survivor of the Uchiha clan, they'd get along fine now wouldn't they?" he smiled, when he did it reminded me of Yuyan.

I thought about their relationship and it was quite ironic he would say that. "You'd be glad to know they are very close to each other."

His eyes widened and he just blinked, "I really have missed a lot. Imagine if the two had kids, they'd be the strongest ninjas in the world we'd call them like Uchihane or something."

The possibility certainly was fearsome. Imagine a shinobi with the ninjutsu capability of a Hane and the visual prowess of an Uchiha. Not to mention the Uchiha's adept talent for taijutsu and shuriken jutsu along with the Hane's talent for space-time ninjutsu and on top of that have the life force and chakra reserves of a hundred shinobi.

It's like Sasuke being able to use the flying thunder God technique and being able to use all the nature transformation, or Yuyan having the sharingan.

...yikes.

"T-that would be interesting," Nagato seemed to be thinking the same as I was with that scared expression on his face.

The three of us stood quiet and all stared at the eerie sky lit by a bright, vexing moon. I couldn't help but feel an impending doom rise over my conscience. Things were going to get much more interesting starting tomorrow, I could only have hope that the shinobi alliance could pull through.

Hisui's POV

The first day of battle was something else. After using every ounce of chakra in my body, the only reason I was still alive was because a fragment of Yuyan's dragon was keeping me alive.

Miraculously and all thanks to Yuyan, not a single shinobi in the area was harmed during the attack of the gedo statue. Except for me but that was more my fault than anything.

I was taken to the medical camp and here I am recovering in a tent with many injured shinobi having a meal to recover all the lost chakra.

"You really went all out in that battle, even I was amazed," Yuyan praised as she swallowed more food.

"You outdid yourself too, a lot of us would have been dead if not for you. That statue is really something else."

"That was reckless of the both of you, ESPECIALLY you!" Sakura punched me across the head.

"You're suppose to be healing me not hurting me," I swatted her hand away.

"You two get along well," Yuyan chuckled and gave us a wink.

"NO WE DON'T," the both of us shouted simultaneously and then glared at each other. Sakura was annoying and that was a fact! Yuyan simply raised her eyebrows with that sarcastic "yeah right" face and sipped the last of her tea.

Before we could argue any further, Neji walked in and took a seat next to us. He always had hard features that made him slightly intimidating and a little weird. He watched Yuyan and I continuously slurp noodles without saying anything. In the awkwardness, Sakura sweatdropped.

"Has anyone seen Kiyoko? I found more leads on the infiltrator," he finally spoke.

Yuyan and I looked at each other and kept slurping up the noodles, we stared at Sakura as we expected her to answer for us.

She sighed, "Kiyoko is working alone in tent twelve, it's best not to bother her while she's healing all the injured allies since she needs concentration to use her healing technique. There are guards posted outside her tent so no one can go in even if they wanted to."

"She must be a vital tool to the allied forces then," he nodded quite suspiciously. I was a little on edge right now because of all the attacks we've been getting, but apparently we aren't the only ones. Every faction of our forces has been receiving attacks, people are coming up with creative ways to keep themselves and everyone else safe. It's a little harder here at the medical faction since everyone needs healing and everyone has to work together.

"What does her technique do anyway?" he questioned.

He must have known, when he was injured after their mission to retrieve Sasuke, Kiyoko was the one who treated him. He might have also been unconscious, but I remember him mentioning that the technique was amazing when he was talking to me about his jounin exam.

Making it discreet while eating, Yuyan and I glanced at each other, she must have had a conversation with him about it too.

Sakura, who probably hadn't, began to explain, "Kiyoko has a water nature so she mixes her medical ninjutsu with it and covers patients in a veil of water that continuously heals them until they're wounds are closed. It's a slow process for people who are seriously injured, but it keeps people alive even on the brink of death. It requires precision, control. and concentration that only she has."

"Tell me about it, even I couldn't get it right when she tried to teach it to me," Yuyan sighed.

"It must be impressive then, it would be a shame if we lost her. We have to keep her and the other medical jounin safe at all costs." Neji stood up and seemed to get suddenly scared of something, much to our confusion since in sure none of us felt anything.

A man maybe slightly older than Yuyan and Sakura with black hair and bright, lifeless eyes rushed in with a sword in his hand and his other arm bleeding.

"Yuyan get away from him!" he ran to our small group and stood in front of us, clashing his long sword with Neji's kunai.

"Yukute what are you doing?! He's a shinobi from Konoha he's my friend, are you okay?" Yuyan held his waist and tried pulling him back.

"Konoha?! What are you talking about aren't you a sensor yourself? It's a white zetsu!" he continued to point his sword. After getting a good look at him, I realized he was blind. Maybe he was going nuts?

I stood up myself and pulled Neji back from the clash as well. The rest of the people in the tent who were healing were starting to freak out and reach for their weapons. Seeing as how the guy named Yukute was a Kirigakure ninja, him hurting Neji could lead to a big diplomatic issue.

"What basis do you have to say that Neji is a white zetsu?" I questioned.

Yukute put his sword down and Yuyan let go, sighing in relief. "I mean, can't you sense it? We have a man in Kirigakure with a byakugan and I can sense the same chakra in his eyes, but can you not feel that heinous pressure he's giving off? He obviously wants to kill you all!"

I don't know any of this guy's abilities or how he even knows Yuyan, but she seemed just as confused as the rest of us. Since he's blind, his senses must be heightened and if he's a blind ninja capable of being in this war he must have some really special skills.

"How can we know that you're not the white zetsu here?" Sakura now interrogated.

"I think if I were a white zetsu here, I'd go after the medical nins instead of people who are injured. I can go after you three because you're are medical nin, and you two saved an entire faction of the allied forces today. That would be smart too, but medical nins are much more valuable to this war," he explained, "but tell me, what was he in here for before this?"

I had suspected there was something off about Neji, he came in asking about Kiyoko who should not bedisturbed, I wasn't even sure she knew about the attacks. We turned to him but he didn't seem to be nervous.

"I've been investigating the incidents around here, Kiyoko should be aware of the threat that shes under since she's helped hundreds or maybe thousands of our comrades make it through the day," he answered.

We were all quiet for a moment but the tension in the air grew around us, the other injured men began to talk and ask questions and soon enough, I'm sure they would begin to suspect one another. This was a matter we had to fix quick.

"Yukute could also be the white zetsu who is only accusing Neji because he is investigating the case and could potentially have a good lead," I explained, "so right now we gave both of you as suspects for this case."

Yukute nodded, understanding the position he was in, but didn't mind being put on the spot, he was confident in what he said.

"The only way to solve this would be by asking questions that only you would know the answers to. Yuyan, you know the two of them personally, so ask away."

She looked at the both of them worryingly, and sighed then took a moment to think. "Who is the commanding general in the war?" she asked a simple question. I didn't understand the point of it, but I trust she came up with something.

"Gaara," the two answered.

"What did Gaara previously have sealed inside him?"

"The One Tails, Shukaku," Neji answered, Yukute did not but he didn't lose his cool. Neji would know the answer because he went on the mission to save the Kazekage, but Yukute being a Kirigakure ninja wouldn't have any idea what it was.

She turned to Yukute, "how many siblings did Johann have?"

"He had two, a little sister who passed away and a brother who is currently in the war," he answered.

"What is your cousin's name?" now to Neji again.

"Hinata."

"How did you go blind?"

"A coup in Kirigakure, brain damage during an attack."

"What kind of flowers did you give to Tenten when we were training together before the war?" Yuyan smiled at this question, I knew at this moment it was a trap.

He was quiet for a moment and basically gave it away. He couldn't guess because there are thousands of flowers and if he had to think this hard about it then there was something wrong.

"Sunflowers," he answered.

"WRONG NEJI WOULD NEVER GIVE ANYONE FLOWERS!" she belched out an evil laugh and in a quick moment, Yukute used his sword to impale the imposter who turned into a white zetsu.

"Y-you tricked me," he cursed to Yuyan who was proudly standing at her cunning stunt.

"You knew I wasn't lying didn't you?" Yukute pat her head.

"Of course I do, only the real Yukute is that good of a sensor!" she smiled at him, but it's not like he could see it anyway. It was a shame that he couldn't, she was beautiful after all.

The rest of the ninja were on edge about the incident, but we had to take precautions to keep everyone safe. Yukute ended up staying in the medical grounds to look after them since they were the most essential to our war, but we worried about each other the other groups and how they would get through the night without killing one another.

It would be useful if Yukute could be everywhere, but he said making clones would not be as effective since they won't have sharp senses like he does. Yuyan said her dragons have a sharp sense so they could most likely sniff out the enemy. Between me and her, she said the dragon sealed inside her could most likely sense it as well, but her chakra had not yet been replenished so she was still sleeping.

Simply put, we had to find a way of surviving through the night.

I went around the camp making sure that every patient was on their respective space and that each of the medical nins be broken up into individual spaces to work. Before anyone would go inside to see a someone, Yukute would check them. It was organized on our end, but according to the other groups, people were nervous and tired but too scared to sleep.

Yuyan and other shinobi who had already been healed were also helping make the rounds and checking each of the tents to make sure people didn't cross each other's space, the whole situation was nerve-wracking.

Before entering the tent Sakura was working in to check on her, I overheard a conversation that was a little humorous to me.

"Ever since you helped me earlier I can't stop thinking about you. I'm not sure if I'll make it through this war but I wanted to tell you before anything happens," a man confessed to her. I wanted to laugh but it would be rude.

"Thank you but, I-I'm interested in someone else at the moment. I appareciate the sentiment though," she let him down easy. The nosey part of me wondered who it was but it was most likely Sasuke...I think? She did try to kill him rather relentlessly though. But if it wasn't him then who?

KAKASHI OR NARUTO?

I mean those are literally the only other guys she talks to. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was Naruto though I really don't thinks it is. But anyway, it's none of my business.

The man came outside rather disappointed and bowed his head, "Hisui-san, you're a lucky man."

"W-wait what?! What are you talking about?!" I got the urge to punch him but he was wounded already.

I should've punched him anyway since he was ugly.

"Aren't you the one Sakura-san likes?" he scratched the back of his head.

"No I'm pretty sure I'm not, I'm too old for her."

He pat my shoulder, "age is just a number my friend, or captain, or whatever." This guy was getting on my nerves.

"Look, if I kill you right now I can easily say you were suspected to be a white zetsu. So you either get yourself to a tent and rest up so you can DIE TOMORROW or I'll do it myself right now," I pat his shoulder back, but on his injured arm. I was totally kidding I wouldn't kill him but I liked to make it seem like I was.

"Y-yes sir!" he was about to piss his pants. I think all these years of being around Satan... I mean, Kiyoko...has made me scarier.

"I'm playing with ya, go get some rest and good job out there today." He bowed again with a smile on his face but he was still intimidated. Exactly the impression I wanted to make.

Once he left I peaked my head inside the tent to see Sakura sitting there with the letter in her hand staring at it despondently.

"If you were gonna be that sad about it you should've just said yes," she jumped at the sound of my voice.

"I-I wasn't just going to say yes to any random person I'm not desperate!" she yelled back in my face.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm just messing with you geez," I rolled my eyes, "but anyway that's gotta be rough. I talked to Kiyoko earlier and she's gotten a couple of confessions herself, some guy even asked if she would marry him! Even Yuyan has some guys ganging around her but she completely ignored them."

"W-woah guess that's Kiyoko-san and Yuyan for you they're both so beautiful and talented, I don't know why anyone would confess to me," she sighed and stared back at the letter.

A while back I realized Sakura had some self-esteem problems because she had always been behind Yuyan and was never able to catch up to her. Being Tsunade's pupil she felt like she was a disappointment because she wasn't as talented as Yuyan. I was born with some talent myself, but I could relate in that I wasn't as good as Itachi when we were younger. It was frustrating.

"Everyone has their individual level of skill. Just because someone is more talented than you doesn't mean you're not strong or you can't do anything. In this war there are some people who are better than other, but we need everyone's strength to overcome this obstacle. No matter how small of a contribution they make, everyone works as a piece of a larger system," I tried to give her some words or encouragement.

It was true though, Sakura may not be anything like Yuyan but she is strong and she has grown a lot, and I think someday she'll even surpass Tsunade herself.

She smiled at the ground and a light blush crept on her face, I noticed she looked a little different in a ponytail. "Thank you Hisui, you always seem to have the right words to say."

"Just giving you some words I wish I heard a long time ago," I laughed at the nostalgia of the times I was with my team. "When you go through enough, you know what to tell people who are struggling like you were."

"You're not so much of an idiot after all."

"Well why do you think they chose me to be a leader of the village, it wasn't for no good reason!" I gave her a thumbs up to which she laughed at. "Anyway, I just came to check up on this area, glad to see you're doing well. And also, how does this wound look am I going to be okay to fight tomorrow?" I lifted my shirt and revealed the wound Madara had given me earlier.

Sakura dropped a tray of equipment and turned red, "h-hey don't just p-pull up your shirt randomly in front of people!"

"But you're a medical nin you've probably seen thousands of bodies today why is mine any different, is the wound that bad?" I looked down to my abdomen and saw it was pretty swollen and purple, but it was worse before I was healed.

"N-no you're fine, you should be okay by tomorrow since you heal quickly," she picked up her tools but didn't look to me anymore. What a weenie.

"Thanks, tell me or Yukute or Yuyan or anyone if you need anything or see anything suspicious!" I waved before I was going to make an exit, but I got a message from HQ right before.

"HISUI!" I heard Tsuane's strict voice yelling to me.

"What?"

"I have some good news. Naruto escaped the training grounds we were holding him on and he's coming to join the battle!" she sounded more excited than she probably should have. It was dangerous to have him here, but I wasn't going to deny that hearing the news gave me a confidence boost.

"HELL YEAAAAAH!" I yelled and leaped in the air.

"Why are you yelling?!" Sakura complained.

I turned around and grabbed her shoulders in my excitement, "Naruto is joining the battle!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone, sorry if this chapter is a little eh, I really don't know what to cover and what not to cover in the war but I'll try to make it shorter because all the details aren't too important.

Hope you enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 1.4K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
166K 4.3K 49
Completed ~Sequel to 'Book 1: Don't Leave me Again'~ Naomi returns stronger then ever. How is she dealing with Itachi's death 2 years ago and what do...
99.8K 4.1K 51
[Book 1] Non-Massacre! Slight AU! "I don't want to protect this village. I want to protect the individuals I care about in the village alone, that's...
24.1K 1K 28
Sequel to Psychopath Naruto fanfiction [ORIGINAL] This is Book 2! WARNING:Short chapters ahead After Y/n left Orochimaru's hideout she joined the Aka...