I Can't Do This, Not Without...

By -kawaiiships-

It isn't until a drunken event at a party that turns Calum's world around in ways he would have never imagine... More

I Can't Do This, Not Without You (Cake Mpreg)
FRICK FRICK FRICK.
Information and Disclaimer (And an Apology)
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
Really Long A/N (PLEASE READ)
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
Character Ask.? [Closed]
OMFG GUYS.
Character Ask.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
Updates On My Fanfics, Me, and Stuff
27.
28.
New Cake Vampire Fanfic. :)
Epilogue.
Sob Note...Haha jkjk
One Shots Book Update.
One Shots Book.!
First One Shot Update!
Sequel is Up!
Bromance Awards.

19.

20.8K 488 451
By -kawaiiships-

Hey! It's been like...what 2 weeks since I updated? Sorry guys. :c On the bright side, my christian conference (I know, I said camp in the last chapter; It's classified as a conference, apparently) was so fun, and just amazing. But I'm quite proud of this chapter. I hope you like it! 

Dedication: xAustralianCuddles because your comment was so sweet. Thank you for the nice comment! c: 

- Gabie :)

________

Calum. 

*6 Month Point* 

I worked out the math problems on a piece of paper that I pulled out of my binder. Different textbooks crowded the space on my desk, leaving the last remaining space for my arms and laptop. 

I groaned when my attempts to solve the math problems didn't work. They were problem that I didn't learn about and didn't know how to do. Ms. Retchen didn't teach us this and the tutor online wasn't helping much either.

Eventually, I slammed my pencil on the desk in frustration. I buried my head in my hands and groaned. 

The math problem wasn't making any sense and I didn't know how to solve it

Maybe I'll ask Luke to help me when he comes over later.  

Taking online classes wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. For one, I could sleep in later than 7:30. I could sleep in until 10:00, at the latest. I was home a lot more, so I could spend more time with Niko. And third of all, I didn't have to deal with Peter. 

Even after my encounter with Peter, which feels like ages ago, he kept bothering me through my phone. He kept calling and texting me and it was getting really annoying. I told my dad and we had my number changed. So since I left school and changed my number, everything with Peter stopped. 

Hopefully it stayed that way. 

Even then, Luke always visited me after school ended so that was always good. He usually brought me food to eat, even though my food cravings were pretty much gone, and accompanied that food with hugs, kisses, and a good cuddle. 

Today, as usual, Luke was coming to visit. Usually we'd just sit in my room, talk (to my baby sometimes), cuddle, and share an occasional kiss while eating food. We would go on for hours until Luke had to go home. 

But today was going to be different. I guess I could call today 'a study session'. Luke had called and told me that he had a History final next week. So instead of doing our usual thing, we were going to study. I would help Luke study for his History final (because I was more or less good at History) while he helped me with whatever I needed for my online classes (since I was doing a different curriculum). 

I told my dad about it and he thought it wasn't a great idea. After all the many make out sessions Luke and I had, that he's witnessed, I understood why he was a bit skeptical of the idea. But I guess he knew that either way, it was happening. 

I pushed away my spinning chair from my desk and looked at my stomach. My stomach was bigger than what it was at the doctor appointment. It was getting bigger and bigger to the point I was having trouble wrapping my arms around it. My feet were also starting to swell because of the whole pregnancy thing. It hurt like hell, but I knew it was just going to get worse from here.

I stayed inside a lot these days to avoid any weird encounters. I also wore bigger shirts to cover my bump, or I just walked around the house with no shirt on. Either one worked for me and my dad. 

Every once in awhile, I would get and feel very painful, fake contractions and it'd usually hurt (more than it should) for a couple of minutes, then it'd go away. If birth is as painful as what fake contractions feel like, I really don't know how I'm going to survive.  

"Cal?" A voice called out. 

I looked up and realized who's voice that was. I'd know that voice anywhere. Same with Niko. Before I could even get up, Niko stood up, ran out the door, and down the stairs. I chuckled when I heard a girly scream and a 'thump' from downstairs. 

I smiled and slowly stood up, despite the pain in my feet, and walked out. I made my way down the stairs to see Luke on the ground, held down by Niko, who was licking his face. His backpack fell on the floor as Niko continued to lick Luke's face. 

Luke had his own key to the house now too. My dad thought it'd be a good idea if something went wrong with me and he wasn't available to help. So if something did happen to me, and my dad couldn't help, Luke could also come help too.

I agreed to the idea because, now, Luke could come over whenever he wanted and could help himself inside, without having me getting up to open the door all the time.  

"Yes yes I missed you too Niko," Luke laughed as Niko continued to lick his face. "Niko's not the only one that missed you," I said, leaning against the door frame that lead into the living room. 

Luke looked up and smiled. He slightly lifted Niko off of his body and walked up to me. He lightly pushed me against the wall and pulled me into a short, sweet, loving kiss. 

"Hey Cal. I missed you," he whispered after he pulled away. I laughed. "We saw each other yesterday Lukey." 

"I still missed you," Luke shrugged, pulling away as I smirked.

"Anyway, Lucas, you're here for a study session, not a make out session. Remember?" I reminded him. "Cal, can't we just kiss for a little bit? Please?" Luke pleaded.

I shook my head. "No can do Lucas. If you wanna pass History, studying is the only thing that's going to help you." 

"You're just switching between Lucas and Lukey now aren't you?" Luke asked, trying to change to subject.

"Yes I am. I'm trying out different names. And stop trying to change to change the subject. We're studying. If you study hard, we can cuddle later. Now let's go to my room before my feet give up on me," I told him as Luke nodded, wrapping an arm around my waist to help me up the stairs.

"Why are you walking around anyway? Your feet are starting to swell. So you should be resting them because they probably hurt, from what Lillie tells me," Luke told me. "It does hurt, a lot. But it's boring sitting in a chair, staring at a computer screen the whole day. I like walking around," I told him, limping up the stairs. 

"I worry about you Calum, but it's what you want I suppose. I can't really argue against that. But then again I wouldn't, or shouldn't want to argue with my hormonal, pregnant boyfriend," Luke told me, walking into my room. "No. You shouldn't," I smirked. 

Luke gently helped me sit comfortably on a chair that was on the ground. Once I sat down, he sat down next to me and opened his backpack. 

"What did you bring today Lukey?" I asked. "I brought Oreos," Luke told me, smiling as he brought out a package of Oreos. 

"Now how did you know I was craving Oreos?" I asked, smiling as I grabbed the package of Oreos from his hands. "I know you too well Cal," Luke simply replied. 

"Alright Lucas. What are you learning in History?" I asked as Luke took out his History binder. "World War 2," Luke sighed, taking out different notes in his binder. "World War 2 isn't all that hard, but I'll help you, if the baby cooperates," I told him, putting my hands on my stomach. 

"Let's just hope he cooperates. I don't want your baby to be the reason why I fail History," Luke joked. "You can't blame my baby for anything. If you do, well let's just say you're not getting anymore kisses," I teased. 

"You don't really mean that," Luke said. "Oh really? You wanna bet on that?" I challenged. "Just know you're already going to lose," Luke said confidently. 

"What do you me-" 

Before I could finish, Luke stood up and pressed his lips onto mine. He hungrily attacked my lips, begging fir me to react. I smirked against his lips and kissed him back. He held my chin and lifted my head up so we could kiss better.

He pulled apart and smirked. "I told you that you'd lose the bet."

I rolled my eyes. "Because you forced yourself into it and made me gve in. But I suppose that works too."

"I still won the bet, love," Luke told me when I noticed the new nickname. "Love? Is that a new nickname?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "I'm trying nicknames out too," Luke replied, placing a cheek on my forehead. 

"I like it," I smiled.

"I'm glad you do, love," Luke replied. 

"Anyway, Lucas, let's start. Let's start with the cause of World War 2," I suggested. Luke nodded and we started to read through his History notes. 

Throughout the next hour, things weren't going so well. Luke couldn't remember any of the events that happened or anything of the important dates. He couldn't remember the names of any of the important leaders or generals and, honestly, it scared me. 

"I can't do this Cal!" Luke yelled as threw his pencil and buried his face in his hands. "You can Lukey. I know you can. You're a very smart person," I told him, rubbing his back.

"Cal, I've been doing bad in History this whole school year. I can afford to fail this final. If I do, I'll have to retake History my senior year, and trust me, I don't want that to happen. But there's so much that can happen if I can't get this right," Luke told me, close to tears. 

"Lukey, I'll make you a deal," I told him.

He looked up. "I'm listening." 

"We'll study again for the next hour. We'll go through everything that's going to be on the test. And at the end, I'll quiz you. And whenever you get a question right, I'll give you a kiss. Deal?" I asked. 

Luke smiled and nodded. "Deal." 

So Luke and I went through all his notes, study guides, and everything else that was going to be on the test. It took a little longer than an hour but it was worth it. 

When it came to test Luke, he seemed a little nervous.

"So Luke, first question. When did World War 2 start?" I questioned. 

Luke bit his lip and closed one of his eyes, thinking. He looked up then smiled. "World War 2 started on September 1, 1939." 

I smiled and placed a kiss on Luke's lips. "That's right Lukey. Next question. When did Japan bomb Pearl Harbor?" 

Luke smirked, as if he already knew the answer long before. "December 7, 1941." 

I smiled and pressed my lips against Luke's. "You're getting smarter and smarter every second aren't you?" I teased. "Just ask me another question so I can get another kiss," Luke told me, smiling. "Alright alright," I replied. 

 It took about thirty minutes but Luke and I had gone through all the questions. And surprisingly, he got all of the questions right. I guess bribing Luke with kisses works. 

"You did great Lukey. You're going to do amazing on your History final," I told him as he put all his History notes away. 

"Thank you Cal. But we're done with my homework. We're starting on yours now," Luke told me as he put his stuff in his backpack.

I looked at the clock to check the time. It was 5:30 now, and I really didn't really feel like doing my homework or school work now.

"I don't want to though Lukey. Can we just cuddle now? Me and my baby could use a cuddle," I said, pouting. 

Luke shook his head. "Nope. If I could do that, I would've bribed you to cuddle with me instead of study for that History final. Now, let's start." 

I sighed in defeat. "Fine. Go get my laptop. It's sitting on my desk." 

Luke nodded and stood up to grab the laptop on my desk. He sat down on the floor again and put my laptop on a box I had. I had that for my laptop so I wouldn't have to lay down to look at my laptop screen.

I mean, how would that work anyway? I have a huge stomach (or baby bump; Whatever you wanna call it) now. It wouldn't have worked. 

"So Cal, what do you need help on?" Luke asked me as he logged into my laptop. "Maths. I'm not very good at it," I admitted. "How'd you get into Honors Maths then?" Luke asked as he went onto the website. "I don't even know. I just...tried it out I guess. At first it was easy, but now it's just hard. I don't understand any of it," I told Luke. 

"I'll help you. Don't worry Cal," Luke told me, smiling. I smiled back and logged into my account on the online curriculum. We went to my Maths tab and went to the page filled with math problems.

"See? I just don't get it Lukey. I never learned how to do these kind of problems and there's no one to help me," I complained. "Oh...it's these kind of problems. Ms. Retchen just taught us about these kind of problems a couple of days ago. Here, I'll teach you how to do them," Luke told me. I nodded as he took out a piece of paper and pencil.

For the next half hour, Luke talked me through the steps on solving the problem. I was getting frustrated because some of them didn't even make any sense.

At this point in the school, we were doing a unit on Geometry because it was required to do that to get to the next level of Honors Maths. I haven't taken Geometry since I was a Sophomore so I was a little shaky on the whole process.

"So you use cosine and tangent because those are the sides you have on the triangle. And remember, you want the angle number of the missing angle. So you use the angle numbers you have, use the method I taught you earlier, then you have the angle number of the missing angle," Luke explained as he walked me through the problem.

I nodded and worked out the problem on my piece of paper and worked out the problem like Luke told me too.    

"So...is the answer fifty-six degrees?" I asked, showing him my piece of paper.

He looked over my work and smiled. "That's right Cal."

"I finally got something right," I sighed as I moved onto the last problem.

"I didn't get it at first either Cal. Ashton's the one that helped and Michael with all this. I swear, Ash is a genius. Blake is a pretty lucky guy to be dating him," Luke told me. "He's good for our Ashton though," I told him as I worked on the last problem.

"I swear if he does anything to hurt Ash, I'm going to hurt him," Luke quietly threatened "So you're a protective boyfriend and friend? You surprise me Lucas," I chuckled as I finished the problem, putting my pencil down.

"Ash is like a brother to me. I protect everyone I love. But I'll protect you more over anyone else because you mean the world to me. I don't want to see you get hurt," Luke told me.   

"Well I finished my homework. What do you wanna do?" I asked, closing my laptop. 

Luke then smiled and scooted over to my bed so his back was leaning against it. He then proceeded to spread his legs out, wide enough for me to sit in between. He waved his hand and motioned for me to come over. I smiled and sat in between his legs. I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, as he wrapped his arms around my round stomach, his fingertips barely touching.

"I was just thinking...we could sit like this...and we could just talk. That's all I really wanna do right now," Luke said. "This is fine, just perfect," I told him.

"Luke?" I asked.

"Yes love?" He replied.

"I...I'm worried," I whisper. "What are you worried about love?" Luke asked. 

"Everything. I'm worried about everything," I admit.

"Tell me. Start off with something. We'll talk and go through all of them together. It'll make you feel better," Luke suggested. 

I nodded. "Okay. Well to start it off...this pregnancy overall." 

"Cal I told you. I'm going to be with you every step of the way. I'm going to help with everything this pregnancy throws at you. You know why Cal? Because I love you. I care about you and I want the best for you and your baby," Luke told me.

"I know. You've told me Luke. And I love that you say that. I...Iove you so much Lukey. I love that you care about me so much, even through all this. You had every right to leave and here you are. If you were someone else, I don't know what I would've done. If I were with Peter...he would've left me to fend for myself and the baby." 

"I could've left Cal. I could've left the day we found out you were pregnant. Because honestly, it shocked me more than it should've. I mean, my boyfriend is pregnant. You don't hear that kind of thing everyday. But I love you too much to leave. What kind of boyfriend would I be if I left you?"

"Not a very good one I guess," I sigh, "You're amazing Luke. I'm pretty lucky to have a boyfriend like you. I can't imagine being without you. You try to change and adapt everything around us to make them better for me and you. I just...I just wish you could change this."

"Change what?"

"On who the other father is. I don't want him to be Peter's baby. He's far from being ready to be a father. I don't want him to be a part of my baby's life if he's not ready to be a father. Especially if I don't make it after this. Peter isn't father material and if I don't make it...I don't want him in my baby's life because he doesn't know shit. Lukey, this is something you can't change, though I wish it was."

"Cal, I wish more than anything that I can control that. I really do. But this is something out of my control. I want this to be my baby. I want this baby to be ours. I want it to be someone we created. But this is something we can't control. Even if it ends up being Peter's baby, I'm not going anywhere. Cal, you're going to make it. Don't you dare say you're not going to make it."

"But Lukey, let's just imagine that I don't make it. Just imagine. I really don't know if I'll make it, but let's just imagine that I don't make it. What then?" 

If you really don't make it then...I'll take care of him, for the both of us. I'll be his daddy, even if the biological father is Peter. If you want, Peter doesn't even have to exist in his life." 

"He'll find out sometime. We can't hide Peter from him forever Lukey." 

"It'd be better if he never found out though." 

Luke ended the conversation, leaving us in silence. 

"What else has been on your mind?" Luke asked me. "Um..school overall. I don't understand it much. There aren't any big projects or papers, but it's just as stressful. It's hard to deal with and I'm not sure if I can handle it. I want to graduate, but I don't know if I can if I don't understand half of the stuff I'm suppose to be learning." 

"Ashton, Michael, and I will help with all the school work you have. Even Lillie will help if she needs to. Just call us whenever you need help. We're going to make sure you graduate with us. Please just...don't stress yourself out. Remember what Lillie said. Stress isn't good for the baby." 

"I...I guess that works out. Thank you Lukey," I told him, snuggling into his chest. 

"Anything for you love," Luke told me, rubbing my stomach. 

Suddenly, I felt something from inside me hit my stomach. It slightly hurt but kind of tickled me at the same time. At first I needed to puke (which I hadn't done in awhile), but this simply felt different. I didn't know what it was at first. 

I quietly grunted and rearranged my body to make myself feel more comfortable. Again I felt the same hit on my stomach from inside. 

Was it what I thought it was? Before I could ask Luke about it, he beat me to it.

"Did you feel that?" He asked in a whisper. "I....I did. Is it what I think it is?" I asked, a smile making its way to my face. "Put your hand on your stomach and see if you feel it again," Luke suggested. 

I nodded and put my hands my stomach, right next to Luke's, waiting for the same feeling to come back. 

Again, for the third time, I felt the same hit from inside my stomach. I smiled when I felt the same hits coming from inside my stomach. 

"That...is definitely a baby kick," Luke said, his face filled with amazement. 

"It...it had to be. What else could it be?" I asked as I felt the baby kick again. 

"It can't be anything else. This is a baby kick," Luke confirmed, a smile making a way to his face. 

"We've been waiting for this day Luke. How do you feel Luke?" I asked. "It's amazing. There's actually a new kind of life growing inside. A baby kick just...proves all of that," Luke replied, keeping his hands on my stomach. 

"I'm glad you were here to feel it kick for the first time. It's much more special with you here," I told Luke. 

"Me too. It's amazing. This...this deserve something special. I'm skipping school tomorrow to be with you. We can cuddle, talk, and watch movies all day. What do you think?" Luke asked. 

I smiled and nodded, agreeing to his idea. 

Luke smiled and grabbed my chin so my eyes met his. "Good, because I would've came over either way. I can't stand to go a day without you." 

I smiled as Luke softly pressed his soft lips against mine. I got up and sat down in his lap, so it'd be easier to kiss, as Luke wrapped his arm around my waist, bringing me closer. I ran my hands through his blond quiff as Luke quickly deepened the kiss. His tongue licked my bottom lip, teasing me. I smirked and slightly opened my mouth, letting his tongue slip inside. Our tongues met and danced together gracefully as we continued to kiss.

Luke then pulled apart and started to place soft kisses on my neck and jawline. I reframed from moaning but this was crossing my limit. As Luke kissed my soft spot, a soft but  raspy moan made its way out of my mouth.

Luke then kissed it again before sucking on my soft spot. I let an even louder moan as Luke pulled away and left one last kiss on my lips.

"I think that was a good place for a love bite," Luke whispered. 

"Wherever it was, I'm glad it was a love bite from you," I whispered in reply. 

"Cuddle?" Luke asked. 

"Cuddle," I confirmed. 

Luke carried me, and softly placed me on the bed. I laid down on the bed as Luke grabbed the duvet and laid down next to me, covering our bodies with the duvet. 

"I think we both deserve a good cuddle," Luke said. 

"I agree," I said as I snuggled into Luke's chest. 

"I'm also going to sleep over, if that's okay with you," Luke told me. "That better than okay. I get to fall asleep next to you. I don't want anything else," I replied. "Okay love," Luke said as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer.  

I thought over what happened today. Luke coming over, studying for his history test, him helping me on my maths problems, feeling my baby kick for the first time, and a well deserved make out session, love bite, and cuddle with and from Luke. 

Today was an amazing day if you ask me. 

__________

Guys I got my fancy iPhone 5c! I got the yellow one and I couldn't be more happy! I'm part of the cool people that have an iPhone! Haha.

But OMG. CALUM AND LUKE FELT THE BABY KICK FOR THE FIRST TIME. I WAS FREAKING OUT AND i'M THE WRITER. I'm sorry, fangirl moment. 

But woah, 4 years of One Direction ALREADY? Time goes by wayy to fast. That's not cool. They're so grown up now...I'm happy but sad...let me have my moment. 

AND 5SOS' NEW ALBUM CAME OUT IN AMERICA, FINALLY. IT SOUNDS AMAZING. OMFG IT'S GOING TO GO ON REPEAT FOR WEEKS NOW. 

ANYWAY...any predictions? The story could go ANYWHERE FROM HERE. Ahaha...*Smirk* Best comment gets a dedication! Thanks for all the reads, votes, and comments! Keep them coming! 

(Sorry for the long A/N. :c)

- Gabie :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 3.7K 27
"How can a Prince love a servant?" "How can he not?" or When Calum's house is destroyed and has no choice but to move in with his parents and meets...
215K 7.5K 38
a story about a good little boy who falls for a bad boy.
19.2K 1.2K 27
NOT IN THE FANDOM ANYMORE NOT TO SOUND ARROGANT OR ANYTHING BUT MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED SINCE THIS. PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS TOO, THANK YOU. ...
12.3K 965 59
When Luke hears the truth about his lifestyle it releases something dangerous, sending him down a deadly spiral towards his death. But when he is pla...