I've Always Loved Him *Interr...

By emmyles

Since Theadora (Thea) Jacqueline Montgomery can remember she's been in love with her friend Gabriel DuPont, G... More

Excerpt
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 29
Recap
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 28

2.2K 110 18
By emmyles

Gabe walked angrily toward Roderick a frown marred his handsome face as he stopped and glared from Roderick to Desiree. "I know I made myself clear when I said I wanted her away from here," growled Gabe.

Roderick sighed running a hand through his dark brown hair. "It wasn't me that didn't understand," responded Roderick his eyes moved around the room until they landed on Cyrus. "According to Cyrus, Thea and your mother both wanted her brought back."

"Of course they did," gloated Desiree. "For months I helped Thea while she was in Chicago with your pups and in return you tried to send me away."

"I sent ten of my strongest and most trusted shifters with you," snarled Gabe frustrated. "Your presence endangers Thea and my pups."

"And I'm sorry for that," snapped Desiree. At dark glares from both Gabe and Roderick Desiree tried to smile. "April and that beastly rogue killed almost everyone at Flow House."

"I remember," drawled Gabe barely able contain his rage. "You were to go with my beta and explain why that happened."

Desiree gaped at Gabe, "How the hell am I supposed to answer that." She waved a hand toward Gabe, "To my knowledge the Johansson pack didn't have anything on it's land to kill for."

"To you knowledge," repeated Gabe blankly. "Did you ask the council?"

"Another reason for me to be here," smiled Desiree.

"Fine," snarled Gabe as he glanced around for Ryan. "Where did they go," he pondered as he saw Sarah smugly toward him. "For the love if the moon goddess why do I have to deal with this trick," groaned Gabe through his mind link with Roderick.

He ignored Roderick's snort of laughter. "What," whispered Gabe furiously as her crimson stained lips curled up at him as she reached his side.

"Our parents are in a meeting with the council and need us to go to Zion to pick up some paperwork they need," lied Sarah smoothly. "We should hurry," she continued, she pressed her hand against the small of his back pushing him toward the door.

"I don't need you to go with me," drawled Gabe as he stepped away from her touch.

Sarah pouted, "But they wanted us to go."

"Cyrus and I will go," offered Roderick as he threw a contemptuous look at Sarah.

Sarah growled toward Roderick, "You weren't asked to. Know your place beta," spat Sarah.

"His place," smirked Gabe as his eyes swept the crowd, "is by my side add my second in command." He swung frosty jade eyes to meet Sarah, "It is you that needs to remember their place."

Sarah giggled and arched an eyebrow, "You think you are so high and mighty. You have a lot to learn -."

"You should be quiet," growled Gabe.

"And you should have felt the minute your supposed mate went into labor," smirked Sarah triumphantly. At Gabe's shocked look her mouth fell open and she gasped loudly drawing everyone's attention. "You've impregnated, announced her, but haven't marked her. Talk about doing things ass backwards."

Desiree pushed into Sarah causing her to stumble, "Oh Em Gee," cried Desiree as she faked concern. "In my old age I guess I didn't see you there."

Sarah growled in anger as she heard snickers from those who had heard and saw. "Shouldn't you be dead or something? Your mate died years ago and Gabe killed your only child." With a dismissive shrug she sneered, "Give your pack to someone and go die."

"How dare you," cried a shocked and outraged Cyrus as she joined the conversation.

Sarah tossed her hair over her shoulder and rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

Desiree nodded slowly, "You are so right. I need to name an heir." With a huge smile she tapped her finger nail against her crystal champagne flute in a show of gathering everyone's attention. "I have news on the Johansson pack and its heir," she announced pretending that everyone hadn't already been watching them. "Let it be known and written that I, dowager Luna Desiree Norma Johansson mate to the deceased Alpha Marcus Jordan Johansson, bequeathe the alpha title and all the lands and money to -."

Please not me or Thea, thought Gabe comfortable with the torn of events.

"- to the first born daughters of Theadora Jaqueline Montgomery unclaimed mate if Gabriel August DuPont."

"What," exclaimed Gabe shocked. "No!"

Desiree sipped her champagne with a mischievous twinkle in her eye, "Yes. You've had years to mark her and took your sweet time making her a member of your pack." Desiree placed her glass on the tray of a passing server and smiled, "By all accounts your children are displaced."

Gabe gritted his teeth when he saw half those in attendance nod in agreement with Desiree. Gabe rolled his eyes with a groan as he ran his fingers through his hair. "Post more guards around the territory." With a glare at Desiree he shook his head, "Crazy and crazier are definitely going to be on there way soon."

"On there way to die," snarled Roderick as he turned on his heel with a smirking Cyrus.

"She definitely one up him," whispered Cyrus on a giggle as they walked in the opposite direction of Gabe. " And Sarah has no idea she helped Desiree," continued Cyrus. At Roderick's curt nod she laughed, "If Gabe had marked Thea before she was pregnant none of this could have happened."

"I know," sighed Roderick. He turned back in time to see Gabe bolting toward the stairs, "I believe he just realized Sarah said Thea was in labor."

"Do you think it's accord to him that Sarah was trying to get him to leave the mansion? Do you think either of them will ever mature," asked Cyrus exasperated.

Roderick's lips curled into a half smile as he paused as if in deep thought. "I believe Gabe's last order definitely says he noticed."

"What was it," asked a curious Cyrus.

"He had informed me that Sarah needs to be removed."

"I'll escort her off the packs land," offered Cyrus.

"Permanently," growled Roderick his eyes shifting with an eerie blue glow. "He wants there to be a small accident in her trip back to Kentucky before she tries anything else."

Cyrus nodded slowly. "I see," replied Cyrus watching Desiree happily follow behind Gabe.

****

Gabe slammed into his and Thea's room his ignored everyone as his eyes landed on the figure laying in the bed. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," smiled Thea.

Ryan chuckled, "She's in the early stages of labor give it another hour or so."

Thea scowled, "I'm having a c-section."

Ryan sky blue eyes flicked to Thea's stomach, "That's so human of you."

Thea gaped, "The doctor said it would be safer for the babies."

Ryan smiled and arched an eyebrow, "Did he now."

"Yes," snarled Gabe as he went to sit beside her. "Did anyone call for an ambulance?"

Jasmine shook her head and smiled brightly, "Ryan had agreed to deliver the babies here. No Dupont has ever been delivered outside if North Point."

"Natural birth," screamed Thea.

"I'm a licensed doctor," smiled Ryan wickedly toward a shocked Gabe and dismayed Thea. "I'll be performing the delivery down the hall with my equipment and staff."

"Oh god I'm going to die," cried Thea in loud whisper before a contraction stole her breath.

"Your a damn psychologist," snapped Gabe pulling out his phone. "I'm going to call for an ambulance."

Ryan laughed, "I'm a licensed doctor of all trades. Every pack should have one."

Deadpan Gabe stared at Ryan. "No," he responded flatly.

"Okay," grinned Ryan as he took a step away from the bed. "I'll just alert the council so we can deny your claim to those pups."

"Blackmail," scoffed Gabe to his parents and Ryan.

"That boy in her belly in to be the next alpha after you and he needs to be born on pack land," sighed William rubbing his neck.

"Fine," screamed Thea in pain and annoyed. "Get me strapped to a machine and some damn drugs!"

Gabe mouth fell open in shock, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," sighed Thea the contraction finally ending.

Ryan clapped his hands together with a glowing smile. "Great!" He watched Gabe sit down and take Thea's hand. "Now let's get this started." He moved to stand in the far side of the bed and stared thoughtfully at Thea, "I need you to look over here."

Thea turned from staring intuitive Gabe's worried eyes to stare at Ryan. Her eyes opened wide, a soft gasp floated from her mouth and her eyes drifted closed.

Ryan nodded pleased, "Now let's move her so I can deliver those pups."

Gabe shook his head as he stood up, "What did you just do? I didn't see anything."

Ryan winked, "It's a trade secret."

"If anything happens to her or my -," started Gabe.

"They'll be fine and Thea will be like new," cut in Ryan with a wicked and knowing grin.

Perplexed Gabe shook his head, "Like new?"

"What he's saying is," sighed William with a look part embarrassment, part distaste, "Thea will only need a few hours of recovery time after she gives birth instead of 6-8 weeks."

"Oh," frowned Gabe thoughtfully. Gabe nodded the confused look replaced by a giddy smile as what they were saying sunk in, "So why are we still here?"

Jasmine shook her head an amused smile pulling at her lips. "Wow!"

Gabe sent them am innocent look, "What? I'm just thinking I can mark her sooner than later."

"I'm sure what you have in mind end in a k but I doubt it's marking her," responded Ryan as he waved a hand for two cat shifters to move Thea to the gurney the wheeled in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4M 233K 87
"Why do you love me? I'm fat" I said as I looked down at my feet. "Princess there's a difference between fat and thick" he said as he grabbed a hand...
870K 24K 37
Benina was a normal human being, an orphan at the age of 11 months. She had a life as normal as it could be for an orphan- until she turned sixteen. ...
I Promise By abby

Teen Fiction

107K 4.2K 39
"I do not dance. It's not for people like me." I said as I looked at the wall behind him trying my best to avoid any hint of agreement in his eyes. "...
471K 15.6K 30
(Interracial Story) READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! A LOT OF MISTAKES PLUS I WAS LIKE 14 WHEN I WROTE THIS. NEEDS A LOT OF REWRITING. Athena is a beautiful yo...