Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 82 ♡

32.2K 1.4K 546
By exquisites

Chapter 82:

(Zayn's POV)

Kat shut the bedroom door behind her, getting ready to take her shower. I sighed happily, realizing immediately how lucky I was to have her.

I began to unbutton my shirt, taking it off and throwing it on the couch. I had on my tank top, but because of how hot it was in the apartment, I had to take off the shirt.

I was going to go watch TV until she came out when I was interupted by a knock on the door. My eyes flew to the clock when I realized that it was a most 10:30. Who could be here at this time?

Once I opened the door, I realized that I had found my answer.

"May I come in?" Kat's Dad asked, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

My heart stopped but I showed no sign of nervousness as I replied. "Do you need something?"

He took in a breath, "just wanted to talk to you about something."

I looked at him, trying to read his facial expression. But unlike Kat, I could tell that he was good at lying. "What do you need to talk about?"

He kept himself from glaring at me, but did repeat with a certain venom in his voice this time, "may I come in?"

I stared at him, then sighed, moving aside to let him in. Even though I knew I shouldn't have when Kat was also here, but what was the worst that could happen?

I wasn't scared of him.

"Zayn," he started standing in front of me, "how many times do I have to tell you to stay away from my daughter?"

I smirked, knowing it would annoy him as I went and took a seat on the stool in front of the counter. I faced him and said, "you saw yourself that Cora invited me to sit with you guys."

"I know," he spat, his tone becoming more angrier. "But do you think I didn't see when you two went out back before the party started?"

I took in a sharp breath. Shit.

"And you must think I'm blind if you think I didn't see the way you guys were talking to each other when you thought I wasn't paying attention," he added.

Before I knew it, I had realized both of my eyebrows at him. "You're a clever man."

"Not sure clever is the word, son." He now glared at me, "I think the correct thing to say is that I'm not blind."

I shrugged, leaning against the counter. "I don't understand why you have such a big problem with this if you know she's happy with me."

He raised his eyebrows, laughing in a mocking tone. "Sure, you can make her happy. But do you think that one month she was depressed and not eating correctly, smoking when she thought I didn't notice, drinking whenever I was not around, do you think that was nothing?"

I glared at him. He was smarter than both what Kat and I had known.

"I'm not going to lie, you can make her happy. But you can also hurt her so badly, Zayn. And I can't let that happen," he shook his head.

I tilted my head, "if you knew she was depressed that month, why didn't you help her?"

"Because she wouldn't tell me what was wrong, she wouldn't let me in. Because of you, asshole."

I sucked in a breath as he said, "you caused her so much pain, Zayn. I'm not going to let you do that to her again."

I rolled my eyes, "you don't exactly make her happy either."

Without warning, he knocked the vase that was sitting on my side table, on to the floor. I didn't flinch, knowing that he would do that from last time.

"You can't tell me what I have to do with my own daughter!" He shouted, "do you understand?!"

I shook my head, "actually, no. Mark, you're not making her happy."

He walked up to me, "and you are?!"

I nodded, "she tells me that I make her happy, so I assume so."

He knocked a glass of the counter, but I didn't back down. This wasn't something stupid I was fighting for. This was mine and Kat's love. I wasn't going to let Mark think that he was going to seperate us, even for a moment. I wasn't going to show any sign of weakness.

I was going to win.

"Where is she?" Mark asked.

I shrugged, "you should know. After all, you are her father."

He cursed under his breath, pure anger on his face. It was a good thing that Kat didn't get angry like he did, otherwise I'm sure we wouldn't have made it this far.

He turned to yell at me again, but then I felt his eyes tracing over my tattoos. His eyes widened as he said, "is that her name?"

I nodded, smiling proudly. "It was my Valentine's day gift to her. She loved it."

He flinched as he kept staring at it. "What do I have to do to get you to leave her alone?"

"Nothing," I replied strongly. "You can't do anything to seperate us. I love her and she loves me. Nothing can seperate us."

He took a step back, nodding. "Nothing, huh?" He reached into his coat, grabbing something. Before I knew it, he had a gun pointed at me, a smirk played upon his lips.

I chuckled, "you're going to shoot me?"

I noticed frustration on his face after seeing my reaction. "Or you can leave my daughter alone. Your choice."

I shrugged, "shoot me. I don't care."

His grip on the gun tightened as he said, "listen, son. You're just a kid, you don't know what love is."

"Yes I do," I replied. "All I know is that I love Kat. I love her with all my heart."

He shook his head, "you're making a mistake kid."

"Shoot me," I challenged. "You can shoot my head and knock my brain out, but you still won't be able to take my mind off of her."

He glared at me, his jaw tightening.

"You can shoot my chest and have a bullet through my heart but I will still love her," I spoke.

"For fuck's sake, Zayn! This is a life and death situation!" He yelled, his nostrils flaring.

"Shoot me," I remained calm. "I dare you."

He shook his head, "you have your life on the line."

"My life isn't on the line until that gun is pointed at Kat," I said. "Until then, I don't care about anything else."

"Not even yourself?"

I smirked, "not even myself."

My heart rate was even, my mind only focused on the thought that I'd win this round. Even though I had a gun pointed at me, I remained calm. I didn't care about anything but her.

"Tell me something Mark," I spoke, "why is this such a big problem to you? I'm not a bad guy."

He shook his head, "Zayn, you're forgetting that I was once your age too. And I thought I fell in love too, with Kat's mother."

"And," he continued, "I was drunk one night and made a mistake. After she was pregnant with Kat, everything we felt for each other, all of our love, it was gone."

"I'm not like you," I said.

He shook his head again, "you're exactly like me, Zayn. You remind me too much of myself when I was your age. Except the tattoos, of course."

I rolled my eyes, "our love is nothing like yours."

"You think it's love now," he sighed, "but you're going to look back to this day ten years from now and wonder why you were like this about anyone." He looked me dead in the eyes, "just like me."

"I love her," I repeated. "I would do anything for her."

"I've warned you enough times," Mark said, his voice getting hard. "Now is the time for you to surrender."

I laughed, "if you're going to shoot me, shoot me."

He shook his head, "unbelievable."

"Believe it."

I smiled as he yelled, "you're fucking dumb, Zayn! Nobody in the world would do this for anyone."

"Well that's because nobody in the world loves someone as much as I love Kat."

"Don't you dare say her name!" He yelled.

I opened my mouth to say her name, just to piss him off, but was disrupted when I heard Kat yell, "Dad, stop!"

Right as these words escaped her lips, Mark shot the bullet. I cursed in pain as the bullet went through my left arm, missing her tattoo completely, which I was very thankful for.

I looked up to see that Mark had dropped the gun, his hands shaking. He hadn't meant to shoot me.

"Zayn!" Kat yelled, running over to me. "Are you okay?"

I smiled, "I'm fine sweetheart, it's nothing."

Tears flooded down her eyes, and suddenly, wiping the tears from her eyes was more important to me than wiping the blood from my arm. Her whole body was shaking as she placed her hands on my face.

"I'm sorry Zayn," she sobbed, "I'm so sorry."

I set my uninjured hand on the side of her face, "it's not your fault baby."

"Kat," Mark hesitated, "I didn't know you were here."

Kat didn't turn around, she just stared at me. Her eyes filled with venom after she heard her father talking, but I just shook my head.

"It's okay," I whispered, my head starting to spin.

She shook her head as she stood tall, "not this time."

She turned around to come face to face with her father. She leaned down and took the gun off the floor before pointing it to him.

"You crossed the line, Dad," she cried. "Get out."

"Kat, I didn't mean to shoot him. It's just when I heard your voice, I got-"

"Don't blame this on her," I fought back, my breathing heavy. Out of all of this, that was the only thing that made me angry. Even though he was the one who shot me, he was blaming Kat.

He gave me a look of pure sympathy before turning back to Kat. "Katrina, please listen-"

"Get out of here Dad!" She yelled, her hands trembling. I stood up and wrapped my uninjured arm around her waist.

"You're going to hurt yourself," I whispered, air feeling like it was getting knocked out of my lungs, "put the gun down."

She didn't listen, instead yelling to Mark. "Get out before I call the cops on you! Get the fuck out!"

"Katrina," he took a step towards her, "I'm sorry, please-"

"Get out or I will shoot you with my own two hands," she spoke quietly, tears falling down her eyes.

"Don't say that," I whispered, starting to lose balance.

"I'm serious," she told her father who was standing there in shock about what Kat just said.

Mark glanced at me, his face hardening. All the sympathy that he had felt just seconds ago was gone. His jaw tightened but he didn't say a word, instead just leaving the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

Kat immediately dropped the gun and turned to me. She examined my arm and began crying harder, "Zayn, we have to go to the hospital."

My mind was spinning rapidly as I started to feel lightheaded. "Kat, I'm fine," I tried to reassure her.

She grabbed the car keys and slipped on her shoes, "Zayn, come on."

I shook my head, before leaning back on the counter. My whole arm was buried in blood, staining my tank top and pants also. I was losing blood quick, but I could barely move.

She wrapped and arm around my waist, her entire body trembling. "Come on, Zayn. We just need to get to the car."

I wanted to hug her, I wanted to comfort her. She was more scared than I was. I tried to speak, but I couldn't. My head was spinning and I tried to grab the counter for balance.

"Zayn," Kat cried. "Please babe. We can do it."

I saw blood on her shirt from my arm, making my stomach churn at the thought. I took a hold of her and kissed her quickly, afraid of losing her.

"I love you," I whispered the best that I could.

"Everything is going to be fine," she tried to smile but more tears fell from her eyes. "Nothing is going to happen to you."

I knew nothing was going to happen to me, I was going to be fine. I just got shot in the arm after all. I was just afraid that when I'd come to my senses, Kat wouldn't be there. Someone would've took her away from me.

"Let's go the car," she pleaded. "Zayn, please."

I felt blood coming out from my mouth, causing Kat to cry harder. She shut her eyes, unable to look at me. I felt my vision blurring, my head spinning.

And before I knew it, everything went black.

----------

well I updated but... BAM another cliffhanger. I apologize but I have the next five chaps written and ready to publish so keep an eye out.

VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE ILY ALL. 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 528 22
THIS IS A VERY OLD STORY THAT MY 14Y/O SELF WROTE AND IT'S BASICALLY ANGST AND CLICHÉ AND I HATE ZAYN AND 1D PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. Dear life, No m...
4.9K 132 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
1.9K 90 26
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...
52.6M 2.2M 200
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...