The Devil Dancer

minxyara által

REMINDER: PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING My name is Lalisa and I have a confession to mak... Több

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
intermission
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty: Final

Chapter Twenty

6.4K 352 82
minxyara által

"And the winner is........... Team B!"

The crowd went wild as I raised my hands up high in the air after I went pass the finishing line, my eyes shining with pride while I took in the cheers of applause from everywhere around me.

"Lisa! You did it!", Chaeyoung screamed as she ran my way with Jennie and Jisoo unnie hot on her heels.

I shook my head at her while I wiped the beads of sweat on my forehead, "Nah, we did it."

Before I knew it, all of them threw themselves at me.

I let out a loud 'oomph' as I quickly adjusted my footing before my arms went around us all, forming a little group hug.

I think I've fallen in love with these people.

"But seriously though, did they really think that by playing dirty will make them win?", Jennie unnie was quick to address it out after she disentangled herself from us.

After putting on the extra shirt and shoes that Jungkook so kindly borrowed to me, I sprinted to the track just in time to see the coach calling out the teams for the race.

Suffice to say, it was a close call.

I managed to slip into the crowd without so much as being noticed and was so prepared to face my roommates' wrath only to be surprised when they showed concern instead.

And so I spent the next ten minutes before the race explaining to them about what happened to me inside the locker room - minus that thing with Jungkook of course - and before I knew it, they were already fuming and so ready to kill someone that I had to convince them to just forget it and focus on the competition ahead of us.

It was super hard, but after a few seconds they eventually gave up and decided to follow my piece of advice.

I took a gulp out of my water bottle and turned my attention to a scowling Chaeyoung which I must admit is quite a rare sight.

"I'm pretty sure whoever did it must be some very desperate human beings.", she mused out loud.

Forget it, this girl couldn't even say the word 'bitches'.

"Wasn't that hard to guess who though.", Jennie unnie scoffed as she boldly whipped her head towards where the four girls from the track team stood, their pretty faces now surly as they glanced at us in dissatisfaction.

I followed her gaze just in time those girls quickly look away and turned their backs towards us.

Shaking my head in disapproval, I shrugged at my friends, "Its fine guys, what matters now is that we did it."

"Speaking of which, who's the girl that helped you in that locker room again?", Jisoo unnie suddenly asked out of nowhere.

That's right. Instead of telling them straight away about Jungkook, I decided to spice up the story a little bit and told them that someone else entered the room and helped me.

The lies just keep building up now and I really have no idea what to do about it.

I stiffened at the mention of this faceless girl who doesn't even exist and tried to think of something in my head.

"Uh, she didn't tell me her name but I'm pretty sure I've seen her somewhere before.", I managed out instead with a straight face.

They nodded at me thoughtfully.

"Well, whoever she is, we really need to find her so that we could give her a proper thank you.", Jennie unnie suggested as she made a move of wiping underneath her damp hairline before grimacing at the amount of sweat.

Chaeyoung hummed in agreement, "Yes, that's right, in fact how about we invite her for a celebration meal inside our room? Oh, I can even cook that dish that I've been reading about recently!"

I stared at her in amusement as she threw her hands up in excitement while my head suddenly pictured an awkward Jungkook sitting in our dining room with a frown marring his beautiful face.

Yeah, probably not the best idea.

***

I was a few feet away from entering the women's toilet when someone shouted my name.

"Lisa! Wait up!"

Turning my head around, I watched as Yugyeom, Jinyoung and Mark oppa paving their way towards me through the sea of people.

My eyes immediately lighted up as I took in their presence when something registered in my mind, "Oh, oppa. I was just looking for you guys, how was Bambam?"

"Yeah... About that... He was rushed to the clinic just now..", Mark oppa explained after they had skidded to a stop beside me.

"What!? Was it that bad?"

They immediately shook their heads, earning a relieved sigh from me.

"Not really, he just needs to get some rest.", Yugyeom replied before they slowly stepped to the side to make way for a few of girls that are going into the restroom.

I just ignored the dirty looks that they gave me and instead dragged the guys towards the end of the hall, isolating us from the other students.

"Oh, that's good then?", I asked in puzzlement as I scanned their sullen faces when I suddenly remembered about something, "Wait, I thought he's going to compete today?"

At my question, the guys' expressions changed to one of hesitation as they stared me down as if they were contemplating about something.

Jinyoung oppa was the first one to speak out, "Yeah... That's what we want to talk about."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Lisa, we really really really need your help.", Yugyeom said instead, still not quite answering my question.

I just looked at him blankly at first, not really understanding what he's getting at.

And then it clicked.

Oh.

"You want me to run in Bambam's place.", I slowly drawled as I blinked my eyes at them.

They didn't even say anything and instead quickly nodded their heads simultaneously.

I let the idea linger in my mind for a few seconds before breathing out a sigh.

"As much as I want to help, I don't really think that I'm really cut out to go against those alpha males out there."

"That's where you're wrong. We saw you run just now, Lisa. Heck, you could actually be better than us.", Jinyoung oppa was quick to intercept.

Beside him, Yugyeom hummed in agreement, "He's right. With you on our team, our chance to win would actually be higher."

I just stared at them unsurely before making a move to scratch at the back of my head, "Uh, I don't really know guys...."

"We're totally on a dead end here. Its either we find a substitute or we get disqualified.", Mark oppa said with an edge on his tone as he continued looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Please, Lisa. This is the only favor that we would ask of you.", Yugyeom added before reaching for my hands and holding it tightly in between his.

Now that I really think about it, ever since I entered this college they have never been anything other than super supportive towards me; accepting me into their little group without any questions and treating me like one of them in such a short period of time.

But they have never asked me for any kind of help, even when any of them were in trouble they would always keep it away from me because they don't want me to worry.

And now as I glanced at their hopeful faces, I can't help but remember back all of their kindness towards me.

I took a deep breath before exhaling it in a defeated sigh.

"Fine."

***

I slowly pulled at the end of the face mask to make sure that it covers my jaw securely as my eyes caught Yugyeom's who's already in his position 400 metres away from me.

Fucking 400 metres.

I only remembered about the difference of the distance for the male and female category right after they dragged me to my starting line.

And then I discovered that Jeon freaking Jungkook is running in the lane beside mine.

I knew it that my misfortune won't just end in the locker room like that.

Hence the reason why I'm currently facing my body to the left and standing as far as possible from him to avoid from having any kind of contact because let's face it, I turn into a huge nervous wreck where he's involved.

But then he only becomes impossible when he's with Lalisa and considering that I'm supposed to be someone else at the moment, I realized that I shouldn't have dwelled on it too much.

In fact, the guy was actually doing a great job at staying quiet and keeping to himself a few steps beside me.

Oh how much I miss those times when he was actually still civil with me.

Only you already like the way he is with you now too much, admit it.

Begone unwelcomed thoughts, I totally don't need you here.

Speaking of which, when are they going to start though? I'm already sweating a lot given the fact that I had an oversized black hoodie on and to top all of that I'm also wearing a cap paired with a face mask to help conceal my identity. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that I'm on the brink of getting a heat stroke right now.

After all of this is over, I'm going to have Bambam treat me lots of ice-cream, food poisoning or not.

"Yo Bambam my man!"

I ignored the voice for a total of 5 seconds before I suddenly remembered that he's actually calling for me.

Exhaling a slow breath, I turned to the guy on my left hesitantly.

I swear I've seen him a few times before in the academy although I can't quite put a finger where, nevertheless I nodded at him in acknowledgement.

"Uh, hi.... dude. How's it going?", I mentally facepalmed myself at my awkward tone before covering it up with a cough.

Please don't detect anything strange, I silently prayed as I stared up at the guy who's probably a good 6 inches taller than me.

The guy just grinned at that, "You have no idea, man. Here, I'll let you in on a secret."

I tried so hard to stop myself from rearing back when he suddenly leaned into my personal space, the smell of pure male invading my nose.

Let me rephrase that, pure male odor.

I know right, yuck.

However the guy seemed to be oblivious to my discomfort when he whispered at me discreetly, "I fucked Chanyeol sunbae's virgin stepsister last week right beside the room he's sleeping in."

Uh what?

I immediately whipped my head at him in disbelief which the jerk took as a good reaction when he widened his grin, his pearly white teeth now looks a lot like animal's canines.

Whoever this Chanyeol person is, I seriously feel sorry for him.

At my lack of response, he continued, "Yeah, and contrary to popular beliefs, her cup size is actually a lot smaller than the one that she bragged to everyone. I basically had to mask my disappointment when she revealed it to me. But the sex is good, so I'm not exactly complaining.", he said thoughtfully with a smirk.

"That's just plain disgusting and disrespectful, you dickhead."

Shit.

I didn't even know that I was fuming until the words were out of my mouth, my eyes now widening in shock when I realized that I just said it out loud.

And judging by his taken aback expression, I'm not the only one either.

"Woah, chill man. I'm just joking, no need to get so serious.", he slowly said as he began backing away from me.

I didn't even pay attention to him and instead quickly diverted my eyes towards the ground which seems a lot more interesting now.

"Why is he so sensitive?", I heard him asking to himself after he's a good distance away from me.

Because I'm a woman, you idiot.

God, I hope not all of our college guys were actually like this.

Heaving a huge sigh, I began counting the amount of tiny pebbles that were scattered around my feet when a familiar voice spoke to me.

"Hey, you're Bambam right? From vocal class?"

***

Author's Note: Poor Chanyeol.

Swipe up to read the next chapter! I had to split the parts because it was way too long lol.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

101K 3.4K 15
When superstars groups BTS and BLACKPINK accidently rent the same beach house for the summer, Jeon Jungkook hopes he can finally get close to his ult...
490K 18.9K 35
Azalea Robins never liked talking to people all that much. Then again, the only people she ever met were her parents "friends." Azalea's parents owne...
463K 9.1K 14
When Elena and Bonnie open the most secret coffin that belonged to Klaus they didn't expect to see another Petrova. The Other Petrova that was never...
59.5K 876 44
Kim Lalisa is a girl from Thailand. A girl with a beautiful and the kindest heart. She has an excellent business degree. But at last, sometimes bad...