Moving Forward ~1

By Vampirediaries1996

Mystic Falls has always been the same. Nothing happens here. Everyone knows each others business if you like... More

New Year, Same Me
That's Not Hate
Match Made In Heaven
Darkness Is Coming
Aftermath of the Attack
Comets Flying By
Suspicion
Dinner Disaster
Team Spirit
Changes
Founder's Parties All Day
Secrets
Temporary Breakups
Towel Girl
The Truth Comes Out
The Beginning of The End
Life Turning Upside Down
Decade Dance
Trust
Tomb Games
Isobel's Past
Eligible Bachelor's
Double Date
Another Funeral
Drunk Stefan
Facing Bonnie
Miss Mystic Jitters
Where Is Amber?
Isobel
Compulsion
Fireworks
Hospital's and Kisses
She's Here
Vampire Carnivals
Research Becomes Reality
Wolves and Barbecues
Cat's Out of the Bag
Moonstone
Masquerade and Danger
Elijah
Katerina
Kristen Stewart
Making Deals
Losing Part of Yourself
Werewolves
True Intensions
Hosting a Killer Dinner
Journals
The Fun's Just Getting Started
Warnings from the Witches
60's Dance
Klaus
Sacrifice
Rebirth
18
Smoky Mountains
Chili
DoppelgΓ€nger Blood
First Day of the New Year
Bonfire
Ghost World
Mikael
Homecoming
Hybrids and Coffins
Birthday or Funeral
Beginning of Darkness
Mother of a Ball
A Mother's Love
Unlinking
Makeup and Betrayal
Dark Times
Another Funeral
Hunters and Hallucination's
Miss Mystic Round 2
Connection
Snowflakes
Is Silas Real?
The Cure
Can We Cheat Death?
Grieving and Moving On
Three Sacrifices
Prom
Graduation

Carwash and Cemeteries

9.1K 216 175
By Vampirediaries1996

Here's another update. I have no exact endgame for Sofia just yet. I have who I think she would pair well with.

Matt and I danced through five more songs before we called it a break. I got a text from Bonnie saying that I needed to bring a plate of cake and meet her and Elena for some girl talk. Being the best friend and sister I am I brought two pieces of cake. Elena looked upset and Bonnie was relieved to see me.

"Thank god you're here. Did I take you away from being romanced by Matt?" She teases.

"No, we needed a break from dancing. He saw some friends and okay what do we need to talk about?" I set the plate down of the two different flavors and hand each of them a fork.

"I may have planted doubt in Elena."

"What do you mean?" I look to Elena.

"It's not Bonnie's fault." Elena speaks up after taking a bite of cake. "I just feel terrible, because I said that I wouldn't get in the middle of it and then that's exactly what I did. I got all snotty."

"Seriously, I left you alone with that creep and now you got into a fight with Stefan?"

"Elena, oh and Sofia. There you two are." I make room for Mrs. Lockwood to sit. "I notice the watch still isn't in the collection." I have no idea what happened to the watch. Elena didn't mention anything to me.

"Oh, um. I'm sorry, Mrs. Lockwood. I, um, I couldn't find it." Elena looks to me and I know what to do.

"It must still be packed up in our parent's stuff somewhere." I add to Elena's statement.

"I see." Mrs. Lockwood has the bitchiest look on her face. We did not give her the answer she wanted. "Well, please let me know if you do find it." She gets closer to us and I take a slight scoot back in my chair. She always made me a little uncomfortable with her persistence.

"Okay." Mrs. Lockwood leaves shortly after and we all breathe a sigh of relief.

"I'm going to go to the lady's room." Elena excuses herself.

"And I think we need another slice of cake." I take Bonnie's hand and lead her out towards the food table.

__________________________________
Instead of getting cake we walk in on Mrs. Lockwood being a complete bitch to a waiter for the lack of candles lit in the room. I stayed out of the way and out of view of Mrs. Lockwood as she exits the room.

"How did you stand dating Ty with her as his mother?"

"I wasn't joking when I said she had our wedding planned out to the T. She even had my dress and who would be my bridesmaids."

"Was I on the list?"

"You were the maid of honor." I state with a smile. I head out of the room but notice Bonnie didn't follow I went back for her and she ran towards me. "Bonnie, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Can we find Matt and leave?"

"Uh, yeah. I'll text him. I look back at the room that once lacked candles and now it was lit up like a firework. As I continued to look at the room all the candles went out. This spooked me and I ran after Bonnie.

__________________________________
We found Matt who was happy to see us. We didn't say anything to each other on the ride home. I walked Bonnie to her door. "Bonnie, you can talk to me about what happened back there."

"Sofia, I can't explain what's happening but I have a bad feeling." I reach for Bonnie's hand and we squeal as her front porch light pops. "Sofia, something dark is coming, but I fear it's already here."

"Bonnie, talk to me."

"I can't I have to get inside." She rushes inside and slams the door in my face. Bonnie is a superstitious person but this reaction from her is something else. I've never seen her so spooked over a few candles.

__________________________________
I headed back to Matt's truck. He is unaware of what happened at the end of this night. He is still on cloud nine and thinks this was the best night ever. He pulls up to my driveway.

"I had a great night Matt." He helps me out of his truck and walks me to the door.

"I enjoyed our group date with Bonnie."

"Even if she wasn't always there." I chuckle at her always wanting to give us time to ourselves.

"I've never enjoyed these Founder's parties until tonight."

"And why is that?" I question him as our bodies get closer and closer.

"I had the perfect date." My heart quickens as Matt places a kiss on my cheek. We lock eyes and he leans down once again but this time he kisses my lips. When I didn't pull away Matt kisses me again and this time he cups my face. I bring my hands to rest on his chest and before it could go any further the front door opens. Our lips are still locked as we look at a slightly shocked but happy face of Jeremy.

"Hey, is Matt staying the night again? Will he be sharing your bed..."

"I'll be in just a second." I still have my hands-on Matt's chest and now his hands are still on my face. Jeremy winks at me and closes the door.

"Well, that was awkward." Matt takes a step back and rubs the back of his head.

"It could have been worse. I've walked in on him doing some weird things." We laugh with each other. "I really did have a good time with you, Matt."

"Good enough to allow me take you on an actual date with just the two of us?" he reaches for my hand and I let him take it.

"I would love that." I kiss Matt on the cheek one last time before heading inside. I watch from the window and how he stays put on the porch with the biggest smile on his face. I find myself touching my lips where his once were and I'm finding myself getting all giddy inside. I never saw Matt as someone I would be romantically involved with mostly because it seemed like the world wanted Elena with Matt and me with Tyler. It was all I ever knew and I didn't question it. But now I'm seeing him in a new light I realize how much I want him. He's kind, funny and all around has the biggest heart. And not to mention he has some of the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

__________________________________
"How are you and Matt?" Jenna and I love our breakfast conversations. It's her time to get the gossip on what's going on in our lives and to know if she's missing anything important that she needs to be in charge of.

"It's great. Nothing's happened since we kissed after the Founder's party."

"But that's still huge for you two. And good for you. Not moping around after what Tyler did and Matt's a great guy."

"Thanks, Jenna."

"Has he said where he's taking you for your date?" Jenna loves hearing about our love lives it's her version of soap opera and reality tv all in one.

"No, he wants it to be a surprise. Plus, he has to make sure work will give him the time off."

"I'm sure whatever it is you both will have a great time."

"Jenna." Elena comes storming down the stairs with an appalled look on her face. "Are you aware of what's going on upstairs?"

"Uh-huh." Jenna says with no issue.

"And you didn't know? How he's been bringing her over every night since the Founder's party. What I want to know is how they can have sex as much as they do? I mean I would need a break for more than just drugs and some food. I would need a whole day of sleep." Jenna raises her brow at me. "Not that I'm having crazy sex or anything. No, I'm totally a virgin." She raises the other one at me. "Okay, I was one at one point of my life." She nods her head as she goes back to her thesis work.

"So, you really have no objection?" Elena asks.

"He could be craftier about it; at least make an effort to sneak her in and out." Elena grabs a bowl for her breakfast. "Oh, and uh, just so you two know, I won't be home for dinner."

"No way!" I stop eating to gawk at Jenna.

"You're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with..."

"Logan." Elena and I say together in a teasing voice.

"I'm going to show up and torture him, yes."

"Hey, whatever helps you sleep at night." I finish the last of my omelet and head to place my plate in the washer.

"Speaking of, Elena, have you heard from Stefan?"

"Yeah, how's Mr. Romance Novel Stare?"

"I wouldn't know. I haven't heard anything since he left that very vague message three days ago. Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something I have to do. I'll uh, explain in a few days." Elena finishes her Stefan impression and its pretty spot on."

"Have you called him?"

"Nope." Elena has a blank expression talking about the guy who once brightened her mood only a few days ago. "Not going to, either."

"And you're okay with everything?"

"No, I'm not ok with any of it. But I'm not gonna cry about it either. You know, I was going to write in my diary this morning, and then I thought, what am I going to write? Honestly, I'm not going to be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy."

"Ok then." Jenna doesn't want to anger the feisty Elena. It's probably for the best that I don't either.

"I'll be fine."

"That's right and like you've so kindly offered I will kick Stefan's perfect ass if you need me to." Elena high fives before eating the rest of her cereal.

__________________________________
Bonnie told us that Caroline was wanting to move past what happened between her and Damon. I can't believe that Damon bites and abused her. Stefan should have warned us that his brother was this kind of monster or if he didn't know he does now. Hopefully, Damon is far away from here. What we didn't expect was for Caroline to come prancing through the school like nothing ever happened. I know wanting to put things in the past but it was only a few days ago that she was traumatized.

"Unbelievable. It's like nothing happened." Elena is pissed after everything going on with Stefan she needs to find an outlet to release her anger.

"She's in denial." We all stare at Caroline who can't stop going on and on about the car wash this Saturday. She has already demanded that the whole cheer team be there and the football team.

"Hey." I was shocked to see Stefan come up to us. Bonnie and I make our exist giving Elena and Stefan time to talk. He has some serious explaining for why he went M.I.A. on my sister for four days.

__________________________________
"Yes!" I jump up and down with victory as another one of my balls goes into the netting. "I think we're getting closer to you buying me dinner." I taunt Matt. He as a small window before he has to go to work and playing pool is a great past time.

"I don't know Sof, you're still ways away from even catching up to me."

"Is that so?" Matt takes his turn and gets two balls in.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"Well, we'll see about that." I move over so now that I'm standing in front of him slightly pressing my backside into his front.

"That's cheating."

"No, I call that using what you have to your advantage."

"Hey, Matt, Sof, have either of you seen Stefan?" Elena stops me from making my move.

"Nope." I straighten up and Matt places his hand on my hip without even thinking. I want to remove it but Elena doesn't seem bothered. She walks away looking defeated and I don't' want her in another bad mood over Stefan's lack of communication and attention to detail.

"Hey, if you want to kill some time, um, you can rack." Matt calls after her. Elena looks at us skeptically.

"Come on Lenny, the three of us haven't played in forever. And I'm just about to beat Matt's ass." I smile leaning back into Matt's chest as he laughs at me.

"Or so she thinks. Come on I'll let you break."

__________________________________
Instead of using the game to take her mind off what's bothering her Elena decides to turn it into her therapy session with Matt and I as her none qualified and unwanted therapist.

"And there's Vicki, all nonchalant in the bathroom like it's no big deal that they're hooking up."

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Your brother and my sister, that's weird." Not as weird as dating my twin sister and then wanting to date me. Elena looks down worriedly at her phone.

"How late his he Lenny?" I ask.

"Hitting the hour mark. Hope there's nothing wrong." Matt looks at her wanting her to tell him more. "Which means I'm not talking boy problems with you."

"Good. I mean, it's not like we were ever best friends or anything." Matt is pissed and I can understand why. Elena didn't just dump Matt as her boyfriend but she cut him out of her life altogether.

"Come on, lay it on us. Matt can give us the guy's side and I can tell you if he's being a total douche or a slight douche moment." I smile at her hoping she would take it.

"Here it goes. What do you think of Stefan? Is he a good guy?" She directs her question to Matt.

"Why? What's he done?"

"Not one thing. He's just so secretive all the time. I think there's something that he doesn't want me to know, which makes me want to know all the more."

"Like what? Like that he's a serial killer or he keeps a clown suit in his trunk?" Matt makes a joke out of his.

"No, of course, not. But what do we really know about him, really?"

"Elena, we live in a small town where everyone knows each other. We all grew up knowing that no secret of ours stays hidden for long. Someone finds it out and it's just easier to be open with everyone. Stefan may have been born and possibly lived here when he was younger but he's been to other places where he had the liberty of keeping certain things to himself. You two haven't been dating very long. Give it time and I'm sure he'll open up to you more."

"Sofia's right. We know he's great at football. A little bit of a loner. And as much as I hate saying it, he might be a nice guy." Matt wraps his arm around my waist pulling me closer.

"So, do you two think I'm just being paranoid?"

"I think you should talk to him."

"Talk to who?" We look to see Stefan now standing at the opposite end of the pool table. "I'm sorry that I'm late."

"What happened?"

"I got held up."

"Is everything ok?"

"There was this thing with my uncle."

"And you couldn't call and tell me that you were going to be an hour late?"

"Okay, you two have fun. I have a milkshake to make my girl." I blush as Matt takes our pool sticks and leads me to the bar. He has been subtly letting everyone know I'm his and it's making me feel like a giddy five-year-old. I never blushed or had my heart beat quicken this much in my life.

"Your girl huh?" I ask as him.

"Uh, yeah. Is that ok? I mean we haven't officially said what we are and..."

"Matt, this isn't the 1950's. You don't have to wait an exuberant amount of time before we make things official. We've kissed and we're going on our first date."

"So, my girl comment doesn't bother you?"

"Actually, I love it. So why don't you get your girl a cookies and cream milkshake."

"Right away ma'am." Matt winks at me.

__________________________________
The day of the carwash was one of the few times I've felt normal. Doing things like this is what Elena and I always did before our parent's death. We participated in after-school activities and helped around town. It's time we got back to the life we once knew.

"No friend discounts. No freebies. No pay ya laters. We are not running a charity here." Caroline grills Elena on her duty as treasure. I can't stifle my laugh anymore. She jabs me in the side stopping me.

"Hey." Elena greets Stefan as he finally shows up in a sweatshirt. That won't last for long.

"He, the event is called sexy suds, you know." Caroline skulks away to boss more people around.

"Did we just get scolded?"

"Yeah, and you two better strip because she tore my shirt off when I wanted to keep my tank on. She's not opposed to force." I pat their shoulders to help Matt and Bonnie with a car.

"Hey, beautiful." Matt places a light kiss on my lips.

"No, if I'm going to wash cars with you two there can be none of that." Bonnie points her fingers at us.

"Whatever do you mean Bon Bon?" I grab a towel to dry the rest of the car off.

"Oh, Tiki. This one's yours." Bonnie calls over to the car that just pulled up in need of a wash.

"Why do I always get the homely ones?" Tiki is one of the more bitchier girls on our squad. "Just to be clear your car's a P.O.S. I mean we can wash it, but it's still a P.O.S."

"And you're still a bitch." I fire back not caring about politeness.

"No, the bitch thing is letting that uglying up the road with that junker." The poor guy walks away not wanting to hear Tiki to trash him further. Tiki despite her bitching starts to fill more water in the bucket. Her screaming and water going everywhere cause Matt to come to her rescue. She's always been a dramatic person.

"Whoa. Wet and wild, Tik" Matt laughs at her current status.

"Here's a clean towel. I can take over for a while if you want?" I offer.

"Thanks, Sof. I uh...I'll be back." She walks away and I know she may be a big bitch but she does have a heart.

"Matt, stop spraying me with water." I squeal as I try to block Matt's attack.

"What do you mean Sof. You just look a little hot and in need of a cool down." I throw a sponge at him which he dodges.

"I will make sure you fail your next test." I threaten he stops for a second.

"You wouldn't dare?"

"Or would I? Come on Matt you need to make an eighty on it so do we really want to test me?"

"Fine." I run behind him to squeeze soapy water all over him.

"It's on now." Matt grabs me so now all of the soapy water was on me.

"Uh. Sorry." We stop our actions to see Elena slightly judging us but more likely she loves that we're having so much fun. "Sorry, Sofia. I have to step away for a little bit can you make sure Caroline doesn't know I left?"

"Yeah, of course." Elena grabs her things and runs off. That's weird, Elena abandons her duty unless something is seriously wrong. I thought Elena finding a new relationship with Stefan was good for her, but something different about her. She's become more secretive with me and I don't know why. She usually always tells me anything that's going on with her, but there's something she doesn't want me to know.

When do you think Sofia will find out the truth?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

741K 16.6K 191
Lydia Rosette Gilbert. The youngest of the Gilbert siblings. A family known for staying strong and staying together, despite the many tragedies they...
224K 6.8K 24
"She's the embodiment of chaos itself-a combination of all her siblings, the worst parts of them. She's more vengeful than Klaus, more conniving than...
75K 1.9K 45
Jessica Gilbert was normal.... if you looked past the fact that she was a tribrid but that was easy since only a handful of people knew. Her life cha...
29.5K 716 40
when y/n goes back to mystic falls she may just get more then she asked for with her confusing relationships with the TVD men *This story doesn't re...