Outlaw Angel

By MissyDoe2017

Korey Foster is handed the opportunity of a lifetime. Singing on for tour manager to what is touted to be the... More

You Can't Tell Me No Big Brother
Howdy Boys
Most Frustrating Man Ever
I Dare You: Part I
I Dare You: Part II
Irritating Woman
What You Blushing For Princess?
Mind Blown
I Deserved That
Where I Go When I Drink
In the Morning Light
Damn Cavemen!
Nashville: Part I
Nashville: Part II
Explain Woman....Explain
Take A Walk on the Red Carpet
Anybody Gonna Break It Up
Adventures in Shopping
Talk You Out of It
Who Is It Gonna Be?
Summons
Meeting the Princess
What Contentment Looks Like
You'd Have to be Out of Your Mind
Creepin: Part I
Creepin: Part II
A Grave Mistake: Part I
A Grave Mistake: Part II
Aftermath
Georgia
Is It Over?
My Way of Thinkin: Part I
My Way of Thinkin: Part II
Facing Things
Brantley Keith! You Did What?
Well Princess?: Part I
Well Princess?: Part II
Get to Planning Woman.....
Princess on a Rampage
Almost I Do
I Do
Behaving...Is That An Option?
Stubborn Ass Woman: Part I
Stubborn Ass Woman: Part II

A New Normal

4.3K 126 68
By MissyDoe2017

Korey's POV

I snickered at the pile of homemade goodies on the counter as I pulled a bottle of water out of the refrigerator taking a sip. Guess Mama thought we would starve to death with all the stuff she sent back with us. I know I still had to take it easy and not overdo it, but I was glad to be back. Even better that tonight's show was in Bossier City. Ashli would be here a little later with Fox and Mama. Was I a little afraid to be back? I couldn't deny that I was, but I had promised Brantley I wouldn't go anywhere alone.

I knew I would be doing good to get out of his eye sight even if he was on stage. I couldn't even argue because if it gave him peace of mind I could do it. I turned to head to the back of the bus when I heard the door open and footsteps. I whirled around with a grin on my face quickly finding myself sandwiched between Ben and Chase both in a big hug. I threw my head back laughing. I had missed these two jackasses almost as much as they had seemed to miss me. I smiled up at both at them as they sat me back down on my feet. Unable to stop myself I reached up grabbing Chase's ear twisting it earning me a yelp as Ben took a step back.

"OW! FUCK!" Chase yelped as I glared at him. Like I had forgotten what he had said. Had warned him I would get even with him for it. "What did I do Kor?"

"Oh I think you know," I grumbled glaring up at him. Then the lightbulb went off in his mind and he had the decency to look sheepish. He looked behind me as a pair of arms slipped around my waist.

"Well BG agreed with me," Chase whined as I kicked a laughing Ben in the shin making him shut up.

"Yea but she won't hit me," Brantley said with a laugh sliding a hand up to grip the wrist pulling Chase's ear making me let go and laced my fingers with his. "You on the other hand she will beat the hell out of."

"And to think I missed your short, stubborn ass," Chase sighed rubbing his ear then giving me a wink. He noticed the chocolate cake in a cake pan on the counter and smacked his lips. "I will forgive you anything Kor if I can have a piece of that."

I went to answer him but a loud rumbling growl from behind me made me dissolve in a fit of giggles.

"You touch that and I will put a bullet in your ass," Brantley growled making me laugh harder. Mama had found out chocolate was one of his favorites and made her famous chocolate cake just for him. I probably wouldn't even get a piece. "Her dear sweet Mama made that just for me jackass so back the fuck off."

"He ain't playing," Ben said with a grin. "That man does not mess around when it comes to his sweets. Almost broke my finger one time over Mama Becky's chocolate chip cookies man."

I shook my head ducking out of Brantley's arms heading back to the bathroom to check my makeup. The bruises had faded to the point I could cover them with a heavy hand on the makeup when I was out in public. I added just a little more powder over my left cheek as a little bit of yellow was showing and sighed. I would be glad when they were gone. I had enough painful memories from that night and was tired of seeing an everyday reminder. I heard footsteps and lifted my eyes to meet Brantley's in the mirror. He stood behind me dropping a kiss on the crown of my head.

"Still beautiful to me no matter what you know that right?" he said quietly as I ducked my head with a blush. I felt his hands move over my head making me look up and I gasped as my eyes welled with tears. I touched the necklace had slipped around my neck touching the delicate wings as a tear slipped down my cheek. He settled his hands on my shoulders as I smoothed my thumb over the crown hanging from the bottom of the angel wings. I turned around in his arms giving him a small smile. He wiped a tear off my cheek kissing me lightly. "I know you lost your other one. I happened to see that one the other day."

"I love it," I whispered pushing up on my tiptoes kissing him again. I let him deepen it before pulling back and giving him a smile. "Gonna be late for VIP if we keep this up."

"They can wait a few more minutes," Brantley said with a chuckle pulling me towards the bedroom with him. "I've got one more thing for you." He picked up a box off the bed handing it to me. I gave him a wary look before opening it. What I found inside shouldn't have shocked me at all. It was the detail of the detailed crown on the pearl grip on the purple Kimber that made me grin. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow as I shook my head. "What? I know you have a permit."

"I do," I said with a quiet laugh as I pulled out a black holster that would be small enough to be concealed under my t-shirt. "Jewelry and a gun. I shouldn't be surprised at all when it comes to you handsome. Know how to knock a girl's shoes off let me tell you."

"My peace of mind okay," Brantley said quietly as he lifted my shirt unhooking my belt and settling the holster into the curve of my back before slipping the pistol in. "I know if you have to go out to the main part of a venue it can't be on you. You can leave it with PJ when you do."

"Thank you," I said giving him a grin before tugging him to the door. "Now we've got to go before you are late and Jeff chews both of our asses."

Later on, I smiled over at Ashli swaying side to side with Fox on her shoulders pulling her ponytail from time to time. Mama tapped her foot along to the song as Chase walked back and forth on the stage. She patted my knee turning my attention to her. I had been ordered to park my butt on a stool side stage only allowed to point my finger.

"He's a good friend isn't he?" she asked smiling at me. I grinned back at her nodding my head.

"He really is," I said with a shrug. "One of the best I have. Told the medical staff he was my brother so I wouldn't be alone after I was attacked. Lied again saying B was my fiancé so he'd had no trouble seeing me. He and Ben both keep me laughing. Makes me miss Frank and Wade a little less."

"Don't let her lie to you Mrs. Jean," Brantley said with a laugh walking up behind me and kissing my cheek. "Those three can stir up a world of trouble on their own. The whole crew has nicknamed them The Three Stooges."

"Shut up B!" I laughed throwing an elbow back into his stomach as he pulled me back against him. Ben walked up behind Ashli scooping Fox up to sit on his shoulders making him cackle with glee. I took a quick video to send to Frank when Ben let out a yell after Fox got two handfuls of mohawk tugging.

"Ow ow ow little man!" Ben yelped prying my nephew's fingers loose. "That's attached buddy. Just for that Aunt Korey is going to have to make it stand back up again before we go on stage."

"I don't think so," I said with a snort. "I'm not helping anything on your body stand up."

"Not what I meant!" he growled glaring at me as Brantley high fived me.

I turned my head back to the stage snuggling back into B's chest with a sigh. I jumped when his lips brushed against my ear and rolled my eyes at his words.

"You know Princess," he murmured kissing the side of my neck. "Kinda making me hot knowing that you are packing."

"Behave," I chuckled shaking my head. I saw Chase pause before his next song looking over at both of us with a big smile on his face.

"Y'all," he said with a laugh. "Let me just say. This has been a hell of a tour so far. We have had a lot of fun. In light of that, I know there has been a lot of gossip going around the last week or so about the beautiful lady that attended the CMT Awards with me. Most of it has been spurned on by a certain umm...well I can't say anything else because I would lose points for not being a gentleman because there is nothing polite I can say about her."

"Swear if I ever get my hands on Jana," I growled thinking about the tweets she had popped up with after the question came up if I was dating B or Chase. She just added fuel to the fire making the comment that I was probably banging them both.

"Princess," Brantley said with a quiet laugh. Irked me that he was calm about this. I had ranted for thirty minutes when he had told me. "You've already almost broken her jaw. I mean if you want to add to it I will let you."

"When was that?" Mama asked with a laugh. "Oh wait, it was the CMT awards wasn't it. I remember you mention your hand being sore. Sweetie, ignore the bitch. She's nothing but wanna be trash."

"See...." Brantley chuckled. "Your mama has got the right idea."

I glared at him before turning back to look at Chase who was turned watching us with a laugh. He knew exactly what was going down. I stuck my tongue out at him making him grin wider.

"But as I was saying," Chase said with a soft smile. "That woman has captured my heart in her own way. She is one of the best friends I have. Has called me on my shit from the first time I met her. But to disappoint all of those gossip hounds, I am not the one who has captured her heart. That is a right reserved to a certain outlaw we have hanging around here. It's been amazing to watch the pair of them and how deeply they feel about each other. So tonight, this song is dedicated two the pair of them because it describes them perfectly." I felt my eyes well up with tears and cursed myself for being so emotional lately. Brantley wrapped his arms around my neck pulling me close as he hummed along with Chase as he sang.

No matter where we go. No matter what we do. If you're there girl, I've got my eyes on you. Doesn't matter where we've been. No there ain't no better view. Than you in my arms with my eyes on you. With my eyes on you. With my eyes on you.

I let Brantley pull me to my feet when Chase finished and launched into his last song to follow him to get ready for his set. I made my way back to Mama and Ashli later after checking on a thing or two with PJ trailing right behind me. I heard the opening chords to the next song and almost fell off the stool I was trying to sit down on. Brantley had told me they had a suspicion that whoever attacked me was part of the tour somehow but had no proof. My attacker had gone radio silent since. Everyone had been double and triple checked and nothing had popped. But for him to pull this song out, he was trying to prove a point.

"Someone is feelin vindictive tonight," PJ chuckled leaning over so only I could hear him. I shook my head in shock as Brantley paced around the stage singing.

I know the stories behind the bruises
When I've been the shoulder
You've been the reason for her tears
And her tellin' you it's over's useless
You keep callin' her phone, drivin' by when I'm not here
She's beggin' me not to lose my temper
Lord, I've tried, but my patience is runnin' thin
The best thing you can do is forget her
'Cause so help me God, if you ever touch that girl again

You cross that line, boy and there ain't no comin' back
I'm a crazy train, son, and you caught up in the tracks
You've got me growlin' like a pit bull, brother
I'm about to lock my jaws
I'm a time bomb tickin' a real live wire
Boy a shot in the dark, I'm a bullet in a bonfire
I'm a bullet in a bonfire

I know you don't know my story
But I know your's and you probably should've read a page or two
'Cause if you think you're a badass on a lady
Boy, you oughta see a grown ass man on a punk ass joke like you

You cross that line, boy and there ain't no comin' back
I'm a crazy train, son, and you caught up in the tracks
You've got me growlin' like a pit bull, brother
I'm about to lock my jaws
I'm a time bomb tickin' a real live wire
Boy a shot in the dark, I'm a bullet in a bonfire
Yeah, I'm a bullet in a bonfire

Now, I'm gonna let you think it's over
But little do you know, the fun is just about to start
'Cause I see you lookin' over your shoulder
And I see you tryin' to act like you don't hear my footsteps in the dark

You cross that line, boy and there ain't no comin' back
I'm a crazy train, son, and you caught up in the tracks
You've got me growlin' like a pit bull, brother
I'm about to lock my jaws
I'm a time bomb tickin' a real live wire
Boy a shot in the dark, I'm a bullet in a bonfire

Yeah, I'm a bullet in a bonfire
And you think it's over

I saw the heated look he shot me as he finished the song and Mama reached over to pat my arm fanning herself and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well...." she drawled with a wink. "Someone is trying to prove a point tonight it seems. I was going to ask how he was handling things since the two of you have talked. I believe I just got my answer."

???POV

I clenched my fists from my shadowy corner. I wasn't the one who needed to be looking over my shoulder. He did. I could make the hiccup with the lights look like a cakewalk if I wanted to. I didn't necessarily want to kill him. I just wanted him out of the way, so I could claim what was rightfully mine. I saw her first and I would have my queen. I had gone undetected and had ever plan of staying that way. I just had to let her know I was still holding out hope that she would one day come to me. Be a lot harder to get her alone this time but I would patiently wait for my chance. Until then I would just bask in her beauty from afar. Korey just had to see I could love her more than he even thought about. Her name would never be drug through the press because of me. No crazy exes starting stuff. Just peace and quiet. An opportunity would arise. I would see to it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 417 16
A 22 year old out of options. The only goal for her is to get her degree and move on with her life. Even if there has been a little road block put in...
33.9K 1.2K 31
K.C's gone back over seas, how is she dealing? Did she keep in touch? Just how serious was her mission? How did Dereck know just how serious? Brantle...
19.8K 1K 25
Temptation comes in all shapes and sizes and when you least expect it. Thats what happened for Brantley and Bailey. After fighting an atttaction that...
76.4K 3.6K 40
She was never one for violence. In college she thought she found the man of her dreams until he asked for something she wasn't ready to give up. He t...