Not What It Seems (Mech-X4: S...

By -babyroses-

Last time you saw Veronica, she was saving Planet Earth from terrible disaster. She's been on a crazy adventu... More

Veronica Caldera
Let's Save Caldera! Part 1
Let's Save Caldera! Part 2
Versus the New Evil
Versus The Outbreak
Versus Harper's Ghost
Versus the Mountain
Versus the Dark Night
Versus The Tech Army
Versus Traegar
Versus Velocity and Veracity
Versus The Arctic
Versus the Wolves at the Door
Versus the Thirty
Versus Miami
Versus The X-Weapon
Versus The Betrayal
Versus Harris and Veronica
Versus The Infected
Versus the End Part 1
Versus the End Part 2

Versus The Monster Within

537 18 2
By -babyroses-

Veronica's POV

'You will regret this, Veronica Caldera. This isn't over.'

I yelled and shot up, violently shaking. I grabbed my chest and squeezed it tight, breathing heavily. My vision was blurry and I felt sick to my stomach.

I rubbed my eyes and my vision suddenly became clear and I saw I was in an unfamiliar location. I looked down to find both of my wrists were in locked in chains that had some sort of energy fields circling them. I attempted to break free but the chains restricted me from doing so.

I continued to fight and struggled in the chains for a few minutes until I became tired and gave up.

"Fighting won't help." A voice echoed throughout the room

I jumped at the sound of the voice and called out. "Who's there?!"

"You don't recognize me?" Tiny chuckles came from a distance and I saw a silhouette figure in the corner of the room. I moved back, feeling fear fill up my body.

The figure moved closer until it emerged from the shadows to reveal.... myself?

I grew speechless. The girl chuckled and bent down to my level, smirking.

"Don't you recognize me? I'm you but much cooler and better."

I glared at the female but couldn't find myself to scold her.

"Aww, I bet you wanna yell and scream but you can't. All the bad you have inside you created me, the Evil Veronica." Evil me explained still smirking.

"Why?" I choked out.

She shrugged, standing straight up. "I don't know. I wasn't the one who created you. You should ask the one who did. But right now, I have more important things to attend too."

She waved her fingers at me and walked away, laughing evilly.

I leaned back on the wall that was behind me and felt tears trickle down my face. I saw a screen pop out in front of me and it switched on. I saw my friends and Evil Veronica laughing and having a good time ay the robot. They couldn't tell that wasn't me because Evil Veronica made herself look like me.

I spotted Harris and knew he was being controlled by someone or something. Two out of six members are out and who knows when one of us will be dead.

----

Tim passed and now my friends and Evil Veronica were at school. This time Harris and Evil me were dressed differently. Evil Veronica's hair was completely different and her clothes were something I would never wear. Harris's hair and clothes were slightly different but it wasn't Harris's normal style.

(Evil Veronica's Clothes)

(Evil Veronica's Hair)

Spyder and Ryan noticed the two on the stairs and the secret camera zoomed in on Ryan's face was gazing at Evil Veronica.

I averted my eyes from the screen because I couldn't watch Ryan staring at my evil self. I looked up a few moments later to see Ryan and Evil Veronica flirting with each other. Ryan was staring at her dreamily.

"No," I grunted and found a nearby rock and kicked it at the screen, cracking it. The screen flickered off.

I laid my head on the wall behind me and shut my eyes, falling asleep.

----

'Veronica? Veronica! Wake up!'

I fluttered my eyes open and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and checked my surroundings. Same place as before.

"It wasn't a dream." I sighed. "Darn it."

'Veronica? Can you hear me?'

A familiar voice echoed inside my head and I recognized it immediately.

"Dustin?" I whispered, feeling relief rush through me.

'Yes, I got a sense of danger and something happened. You alright?'

I sighed, shaking my head. The memories of what I saw before I fell asleep came to me.

"No." I cried. "I can't explain it right now, but can you do anything to help me escape?"

'I believe so. I can change your form into an animal that can help you escape.'

"Just do whatever you have to do, Dusty." I pleaded. I only use that nickname when I'm scared or nervous.

Dustin didn't respond after that. I sat here, feeling helpless and afraid.

Moments later, I felt myself shrink. I yelped when the floor came closer and closer until the chains didn't fit anymore. My hands were free from the chains.

"Dustin, you did it!" I cheered. "I didn't know you could shrink me."

'I figured that out when I tried to prank our sister. She stayed tiny for almost a week.'

Everything around me was gigantic, the chains were huge. The ceiling seemed to far away from me.

"Well, whatever you did it worked. I just want to save my friends." I remarked and changed into my alien form. "My powers might be useless at this size."

'I guess you'll have to find out.'

"Thanks, Dustin, you're my favorite brother," I told him, searching around the room for an exit I could reach.

'I'm your only brother.'

"I know." I giggled.

I heard him sigh. 'Alright, I'll keep in touch if something else happens.'

"Okay," I said and spotted a tiny window on the wall.

I stared at the window and thought about a way to get up there. I spotted a chair and ran over to it and began to climb the leg.

"This will take a while," I told myself.

I made it to the top of the chair and noticed a chain hanging from the wall. I breathed out and jumped up to grab the chain. I groaned in pain when I smacked right into the wall.

"Ow." I groaned. I climbed up the chain until I reached the top and jumped onto the window ceil. The window was already open which made everything easier for me. I jumped out of the window and landed on the grassy ground.

"Dustin, I'm out of the strange building. Could you-" Before I could finish I saw myself grow and grow until I was back to my normal size.

I chuckled. "Nevermind."

I took off towards the school to find my friends.

Third Person POV

Inside the building where Veronica escaped from stood an angry female.

"You got away this time." She snarled. "But next, I'll kill you before you can."

----

Veronica's POV

I made my way to the school but it was empty. I didn't even bother to check the time.

"Ugh, where are they?" I groaned and super sped in a different direction.

I immediately froze when I spotted Evil Veronica and Ryan walking together into the forest. I hide behind a nearby tree and watched closely.

"Finally." I sighed with relief.

"So, the drone spotted Grey out here?" Ryan asked Evil Verconia who nodded.

"Yeah, somewhere in the caverns. That's why we gotta go in a foot."

"Maybe, uh, maybe we should wait and get Spyder and Mark out here," Ryan suggested, unsure.

She scoffed, "Ryan, she might be gone by then. Besides we antidote darts, arm cannons, my powers. You and me baby, we can take her out."

I noticed behind a tree was Harris, holding a knife in his hand ready to strike Ryan.

Ryan scoffed. "Yeah, you're right." He turned around and Evil Veronica eyes glowed and motioned Harris to join her. Harris's eyes glowed the same color as hers.

Harris took a metal pole and ran to attack Ryan. "Traeger says goodbye!"

Ryan turned around and reacted quickly by levitating into the air.

"Gravity pucks in my kicks," Ryan informed and winked. "Figured I might need them. You can come out now guys!"

Emerging from the trees were Spyder, Veracity, and Mark.

This bewildered Harris and Evil Veronica.

Ryan lowered himself to the ground.

"You're all supposed to be gone." Evil Veronica commented, confused.

"Distracted!" Harris exclaimed.

"Changed my mind." Veracity said.

"I told the principal I needed a day to stretch out my hammies," Mark added.

"And I should've had to run for my life so the timing worked out," Spyder informed.

"How did you figure it out?!" Harris exclaimed angrily.

"I'll field that one, Volde-short and Goth V." Veracity spoke up. "So I wanted to leave Harris a thank-you gift for being so wonderful, so I decided to hack into your computer and upgrade it for you. But guess what I found? The deleted footage from when Leo was trying to blow up the robot. But it wasn't Leo. It was the both of you."

I glanced at Ryan's faces and he looked hurt because he was staring at Evil Veronica the whole time.

"We all thought that you didn't have time to set the explosive," Mark admitted.

"We also thought you were back home on Calder. Veronica." Ryan added. Ryan was really hurt and that pains me to see him.

"Harris has got some pretty made jumping skills when he's all hopped up on evil and Veronica gets extremely violent." Veracity informed.

I mean that part about me is true.

"Something's wrong with you two. Let us help you." Ryan offered.

"Harris, Veronica, hey... once we get you back to the robot and Harris check you both out, I'm sure we can help you-- wait. Wait!" Spyder corrected his mistake. "Something seems not right about that."

I noticed both of them talking to someone. Harris grunted and spoke to Traeger and Evil Veronica was talking to Zelda.

Wait, Zelda's alive? So, what I saw was real?"

"He's talking to Traeger?" Mark questioned shocked.

"Trager's alive?" Ryan shook his head in disbelief.

Harris fell down onto his knees grunting and Evil Veronica grabbed her head, groaning loudly. She transformed into a black version of my alien side. Harris stood up and growled loudly. His face was glowing orange and had some black patches on his faces.

Ryan, Mark, Spyder, and Veracity backed up in fear.

"What the what is that?!" Veracity asked, horrified.

"I heard stories. But I never thought it was real." Spyder pointed. "That's Monster Harris and... I believe an Evil version of Veronica."

Harris growled and Mark ran over to subdue Harris and Veronica. Spyder screamed in fear.

"A little help here," Mark asked, struggling to hold a fighting Harris and Evil Veronica.

Ryan grabbed a Gravity Puck and launched it at them but Evil Veronica destroyed it before it impacted them. Harris and Evile Veronica knocked Mark of them and flipped him onto his back.

I saw an opening to attack my evil self and super sped it and tackled her. I threw a punch at her but she blocked it and I smacked it away. She punched my stomach and flipped me onto my back and I turned to her.

"Wait, what? They are two Veronica's?" Spyder exclaimed, freaked out.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Evil Veronica smirked and tried to run away but and I shot an energy field at her, making her get slammed into a tree.

She fell down once again and was dazed for a moment. I noticed Mark fighting Monster Harris and I saw Ryan on the ground.

I ran over to him and checked to make sure he was alright.

"Ryan, are you alright?" I asked, worriedly. He looked up at me and shoved me away. I gasped at his actions.

"What did you do with my Veronica?" He asked sternly.

"Baby, it's me." I cried out and glanced behind me to find a recovered Evil Veronica. "That's my Evil Version."

Ryan glanced between the two of us.

"Don't believe her, Ryan." My Evil verison told him. "I'm your girlfriend, not her."

"He's not just my boyfriend." I faced Evil Veronica and charged up my energy fields. "He's my best friend."

I shot an energy beam at Evil Veronica and she got blasted to the ground and Harris feel down right next to her.

Spyder, Ryan, and I ran over to subdue them. They both fought like crazy but Evil Veronica smashed the ground causing a mini-quake to happened and the four of us flew a few feet in the air and landed back on the ground.

I groaned, holding my stomach and sat up. I saw in the distance, Veracity fighting Harris.

The three boys were still laying on the ground, dazed.

I sat up and saw Evil Veronica right in front of Ryan and had a knife in her hand.

"No!" I yelled and shot my energy beam at her and she got blasted backward and fell to the ground.

I went over to her and smirked. "You're right, this is fun."

She snarled and got up but I kicked her away and she turned to me and ran right over to me. She threw a punch but I dodged it and threw a punch but she blocked. She managed to grab me and spin me around and lock me in her arms. I elbowed her two times and flipped over over on to her back, but she low kicked me and I dropped to the ground.

I recovered quickly and hopped onto my feet only to meet with Evil Veronica's face. She threw a punch at me once again and I grabbed it in my own and slowly twisted it while using my thermo touch. She shrieked in pain and slowly sank to the ground, groaning.

"This is for almost killing my friends." I scolded and then punched her gut, making her fall flat on her back. I let her go and foamed an energy beam in my hands. "And this is for messing with Ryan." I shot the beam at her and she vanished into thin air.

I breathed heavily and wiped a sweat from my forehead. "I didn't think it would be that difficult to kick my own butt?"

I heard footsteps come up behind me and saw the boys and Veracity.

"Wow," Spyder said.

I glanced at Ryan, who winked at me and I returned it.

----

We went back to the robot to hold Harris there. We tied him up in chains and restrict him from leaving.

Out of all of us, Veracity was hurt the most. She really does care about him and what he did hurt her.

Now we have multiple threats to deal with. Treager, Zelda, Monster Harris, and now Evil Veronica. Treager and Zelda are the main villains but have minions with them now,

I was sat in my room that night, having recurring thoughts about today's events. I can't believe that there is an Evil me out there, trying to destroy me and my friends. That frightens me.

A faint knock was heard on my door and it slowly opened. "Veronica? You awake?"

I looked to find Ryan standing in the doorway. I nodded and he shut the door and came over to me and sat down next to me on my bed.

He stared at me for a few moments. It was silent but it wasn't awkward.

"Ryan-" Before I continue Ryan smashed his lips onto mine and held my face in his hands. The kiss was passionate and sweet.

I took no time to kiss back. We stayed like this for a few seconds before pulling away. He laid his forehead on mine and gazed into my eyes with his beautiful greens orbs.

"I have so much to apologize for." Ryan began. "I should've known that wasn't you."

I pulled my head away from him and held his hand. "Not your fault. I fell for Harris's and Zelda's trap and got captured."

"Isn't Zelda that evil queen who tried to kill you?" Ryan asked and I sighed, nodding.

"Yep. And now Traeger is back and so is Zelda; and I'm pretty sure they are working together."

"Whatever they are doing, we can take them out. We've done it before." Ryan assured me.

"I know that I never said we couldn't." I smiled at him and he returned it. "How's Harris?"

"Same a before." He remarked. "But we will get him back to normal."

I grinned slightly and averted my eyes, thinking.

"V, what's wrong?" Ryan asked, concerned.

I decided just to respond because I don't like arguing with Ryan.

"All of the bad elements inside me, including my sarcasm and sneakiness are gone," I explained and moved my eyes to Ryan. "I'm nothing without my sarcasm!"

"At least, you still have your sense of humor." He reminded me and I rolled my eyes. "But I get what you mean. We will get rid of your evil verison and get all of you back and get Harris back and make Treager and Zelda pay!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 168 26
"You belong wherever you chose to be." "If a bird choses to live in the ocean, it will drown." Red Bishop was the second in command of MECH, and...
16.2K 463 13
I own only OC's not transformers! What happens if four different versions of transformers enter are world and meet my OC Elena? Weird , crazy , roman...
517 2 14
After the war and the Darkstalker epidemic the world of Pyrrhia was finally at peace hybrids were slowly becoming more regular as the tribes started...
836 6 12
A lot of the one shots in here are going to be scrapped ideas from my Mech-X4 Story's "Regret" and "Stuck" that didn't fit in the story but I still r...