Versus The Betrayal

Veronica's POV

"Easy there, Ryan." Veracity warned Ryan, who was performing brain surgery on Harris. We were trying to extract some ooze from Harris's brain so we can cure him but it's a very difficult process.

"A little to the right." Veracity told him.

"Are you sure he's out? If he wakes up, he'll waste us." Ryan asked, unsure.

"Trust me. He's so pumped of sedatives that nothing will wake him." I assured him.

"Just stay in the zone. Try not to think about the fact that you're basically performing brain surgery... on your friend." Mark told his brother. "Just completely remove that thought." Mark popped his lips pointing in a random direction. "Outta your mind."

"Mark." Ryan glanced at him and Mark realized his brother understood.

"You get it." Mark stepped back. "Don't think about the brain surgery."

"Can you deactivate the part of his brain that makes him call all shoes, loafers?" Spyder asked.

"Guys? Kinda need to focus." Ryan informed them and Spyder and Mark listened to him.

Ryan continued to use to his power and successfully got the sample from Harris.

"You got the sample, Ryan." Veracity smiled. "Okay, now get out of there before you make him as smart as Spyder."

Spyder chuckled but then realized what she meant and it faded.

Ryan slowly removed the needle from Harris's brain.

"Nice." I smiled. The needle was filled with ooze. "A sample of the ooze from when he monstered out the first time."

"Dang, son!" We jumped back at the usual catchphrase Harris says.  Turned out it was Spyder who said that. "I'm sorry, I just-- I just felt like somebody needed to say 'Dang, son." He sighed. "I miss Harris."

We all do.

----

Ryan and Veracity went to check the ooze while Mark, Spyder, and I locked Harris up in restraints that were powered by Gravity Pucks.

Harris woke up and pretended to be confused.

"Spyder? Veronica? Mark? What happened? I-- I can't remember anything! You guys gotta help me!" Harris cried out.

"Save it. You're not fooling anyone." Mark told Harris, who snarled at him with glowing eyes.

"I can't wait to watch Traeger crush your bones into dust, pretty boy." Harris scolded.

"Admit it. Evil Harris is cool. His hair game's on point." Spyder pointed out and Evil Harris nodded. "Just like Evil Veronica."

I went to protest but agreed. "Yeah, my evil side is much cooler."

"I have an idea," Mark suggested and used the tablet to tighten the restraints. "Little tight?"

Harris grunted in pain.

"Maybe if you tell us where Treager is, I can loosen them." Mark reasoned.

"Dude, that's still Harris." Spyder reminded Mark.

"What's Traeger's plan?" Mark asked, stepping forward.

"Whoa!" I stopped Mark. "What about a gentler approach?"

"I know he's ticklish." Spyder cut in and then made weird baby noises and pretended to tickle Harris.

"Why would you know that?" Mark asked and right then the door slide open and Ryan walked in.