MAFIA's RUTHLESS LOVE

By PrayersRBlessing

"When we asked his name, he is not saying that too!" Patrol officer added. Zaraan took out his packet of cig... More

ON HOLD
CHAPTER 01~ Zaraan Malik
CHAPTER 02~ Ayra Sheikh
CHAPTER 03~ Strangle Knot
CHAPTER 04~ Searching Hope
CHAPTER 06~ Caffè Nero
CHAPTER 07~ Calm Before The Storm
CHAPTER 08~ Her Hometown
CHAPTER 09~ Coquettes

CHAPTER 05~ Flames

187 9 2
By PrayersRBlessing

ZARAAN POV :

After the call cut off, I leaned my elbows on the table and rest my head on the knuckles.

I was staring at the large window in my cabin, actually lost in my thoughts. I generally don't daydream, but today I was.

Suddenly, the door opened and AK entered my cabin without even knocking. I raised my eyebrows towards him giving him "what's-so-urgent,-that-you-entered-my-cabin-without-knocking-on-the-door" look.

He came in front of me and grab the TV remote from the table and without saying anything he put the news channel on TV.

BREAKING NEWS
Place in San Antonio, Police say they are responding to reports of an explosion at a company named MALIK GROUP OF COMPANIES, INC in Las Palmas.
The incident reportedly happened today in the morning at the company near the street 42.
That's all we have at the moment, details are still coming in. We will keep you updated. As we here, you seeing a live picture-...

I stood up immediately after listening to the news, I grabbed my car keys and ran out of the cabin followed by AK. Soon we were in the parking lot, I unlocked the car and start the engine. AK settled on the passenger seat and we were on our way towards the company.

                                                                                 *    *    *

"Let me get through- please!" I said as I passed through the people, people have crowed here and I can't see a single thing. Suddenly my phone rang and I huffed. I looked down and saw Zay's name flashing on the screen. I slide it and declined the call just then someone pushed me.

"Watch out you asshole!" I screamed and kept my phone back in my pocket. Due to frustration, I ran my hand in my hair and pushed through people and stopped in my track.

My heart beats increased as I watched the scenario in front of me, a fire burned brightly in the fireplace, ambulances were scattered all over the place, trying to help people who were stuck in the company. I took a deep breath as I watched the police cars in front of the company. Many officers were there, stopping the crowd to walk further. I gulped as I took the step forward.

"Excuse me!" I pushed through the crowd and finally got near. I called the office and he came towards me.

"Whats the matter?" I rolled my tongue over my lips as I said. Seriously this situation is getting on my nerves now.

"Sir, the people inside are injured badly or may be dead, some of them-" he was saying but I walked past him before he could complete his sentence.

"Dead!" I mumbled as I shook my head in negative.

I started running towards the company, pushing people out of my way, I can't let my employees suffer because of me.

"Move!" I screamed as some people blocked my way. My eyes settled on the entrance gate. But suddenly I was stopped by AK. I glared at him.

"Sir you can't go in, there-

"Are you in your senses AK, people are suffering because of me. Do you get that? They are suffering BECAUSE OF ME." I screamed at his face. I felt like punching him in the face. All I want to see if they are ok.

"Ambulance is here, bodies are being brought out." He said and pointed towards the ambulances.

"Ok but just let me go-" My voice died as ward boys ran back with stretchers. My heart clenched as I saw the guy around my age was on the stretcher. His body was numb and blood was oozing out of his head and different parts of his body.

"Sir, let's go. We have to reach the hospital." AK said and I nodded. I folded my shirt sleeves. I sighed as we walked towards the car.

                                                                                 *    *    *

"Shit" I yelled as I punched on the wall. My hand sting as pain shoot through it. A hand rest on my shoulders and I released the puff of air out of my mouth. I turned to look at AK and he squeezed my shoulder as he nodded.

"Sir, doctors are trying their best. Please calm down." He assured and I lowered my gaze.

"Hmm AK can you please do me a favor?" I asked as I was staring at the floor.

"Mm-Hmm"

"Please shift all the convalescent in Black King's Special Hospital and get the best doctors for them. I want all of them to get back on their feet as soon as possible." I ordered him and turned to leave.

"Ok sir, but where are you going?"

"I have some work to do" I said as I put on my shades and left the place.

THIRD PERSON's POV:

"Shuraim, what the progress of Lennar's project?" Zay asked before stepping into the elevator.

"We are working on it sir, In Sha Allah by the end of the week you'll get all the reports related to that deal" He assured and Zay nodded at him and just then the elevator's door chimed, opening to the 27th floor.

They walked over to Zay's cabin and Shuraim opened the door for him.

"Sir?" Someone called from behind and he turned to look at the person. He raised his eyebrow.

"Wo, Actually I wanna talk to you in person," She said that all in one go and sighed.

He nodded, opening the door for her. She entered first and Zay told Shuraim to meet him at the cabin later.

He went towards his seat and asked her to sit too.

"Yes Miss Raisa ? Anything important? " He said before sitting on the chair.

"Wo, actually I was thinking that ummm" she was struggling, and  He was sure that something is bothering her. "Bolo Raisa! Is everything alright?" he encouraged her to speak.

"Wo actually my father is not feeling well lately and my mother asked me to visit them as soon as possible as my brother is out of the country so he can't visit them." She paused for a moment. "I want you to grant me a leave for 1 week if that's possible," she said, fidgeting her fingers through nervousness.

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

"Sir I know I am a newbie here and it's against the rules to take leave on the first month of joining. But it's about my father sir and I have to go even if I had to quit the job" she stated lowly as if she, herself not sure about what she's saying.

Zay sighed and got up from the seat and went towards the window.

"Where your parents live?"

"San Antonio"

"Mm-hmm ok!" He turned and walked towards the Despenser.

"I observed that her behavior was so unusual. I know, I just came here and I am nobody to judge her personality but its just that, the Raisa I met yesterday was different. Maybe it's because of her father or maybe I am overthinking. But why the hell I am thinking about her personality? Damn you Zayaan Malik. Stick to the point".

"Look Raisa, I know its about your father but the thing is I can't go against the rules. I'm sorry" He gave her an apologetic look and went back to the chair. She just nodded in response and got up to leave.

After she left he grabbed his car keys and dashed out. He was walking down the quiet beach, lost in his thoughts he doesn't know how he'll face his brother and what he'll say about him being MIA just like that.

Everything is messed up right now. Yesterday, when Zay watched the news he got panic seeing dreadful view on the screen and without wasting any second he called AK. Later that night he got a message from him that everything is under control but his heart wasn't at peace. He was feeling terrible because in that hard time, he wasn't standing beside his brother. 

He looked up at the sky as the first drops of rain pour down on his face. He noticed how the droplets splashed on the surface of the sea and dissolved with such easiness. Water dissolving into water. Happiness disappearing  with time. The drizzle turns into heavy rainfall, but he doesn't scatter like others in the search for a shelter. He sat there on the sand, watching the sea as the rain pours down.

He feels alive. This moment is REAL. He doesn't feel like an outsider nor a person who doesn't exactly fit with the rest of the puzzle pieces. Like these drops, he thought he's just going with the flow, moving where the wind takes him. Probably, he's like those unlucky droplets that hit against the window's panes, the ones that are unfortunate to not become a part of something greater - like being a part of the sea. Just like them he often feel that he's unfit for the world.

He stood up, feeling that this timely world has held him captive and the raindrops are going to break the shackles. He stretched his arms wide open and let the water soaked him. The moments were passing by and he was still standing there in the rain, not thinking about the world. He ran his fingers  through his hair, throwing it back and then sighed. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an update!! feels good to be back!! 

Do read the story and let me know how you feel about it through your comments or DM and if you like the chapter then please do vote :))

Insha'Allah will meet soon till then Allah Hafiz...
Love Love

RIYA SIGNING OFF :)

Peace ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663 20 26
I stepped out, mentally preparing for the rain drops to make me wet, but it never happened. Is the rain over? It's raining around me, but not over me...
1.4M 56.4K 28
(Mafia Series#1) (Wattpad Version) [Also available on Inkitt with edited version and some changes.] - - - He banged his hand on the wall beside my he...
228 0 18
" Breaking news! There was a blast in the streets at the mid-night. The forensic doctors confirmed the marks of bullets on the body parts too. It see...
312K 13.2K 62
#Crazy series - Book 1 "Ohh hello bhaiyya do you know who my husband is - izzah asked to the shopkeeper. "Who is he - said shopkeeper. "He is a mafi...