The Contagion

Da Merlyn_Fereira

《Genre: Fan-fiction.》 Last train. Full moon. All change. When the last train to Eastborough gets derailed in... Altro

Author's Note
.Prelude.
.Prologue.
.1.
.2.
.3.
.4.
.5.
.6.
.7.
.8.
.9.
.10.
.11.
.12.
.13.
.14.
.15.
.16.
.18.
.19.
.20.
.21.
.22.
.23.
.24.
.25.
.26.
.Epilogue.
.Movie Ratings and Reviews.
.Instagram Followers.
.Coming Soon.

.17.

2 1 0
Da Merlyn_Fereira

Some women fear the fire. Some simply become it.

                                                                                     ~R. H. Sin.

Joe picked up the announcer's mic. "This is your guard speaking. I would like to apologize once again for the delay to your journey this evening." He paused. "A few hours ago we were strangers and most of you probably wish we still were. But we're going to try and get out of here now." He looked at Billy. I plopped my elbow on the window frame and exhaled loudly creating fog on the glass window. Is Myrel worried that I haven't returned yet?

"We're going to do whatever it takes to survive. Together." I knew that he was referring to Adrian. "All of us. I know you all just want to get home. So do I. Next stop Eastbourough." He finished and kept the mic down.

"After the leak is fixed and whatever fuel's left, it should help us get out of the train." Billy said walking towards the door.

"All we need is to get far away from the woods." Joe added.

"So who's joining me?" Billy asked.

"Me." I announced unfolding my arms and huffing a bit.

I'm doing this on purpose because one, I really want to help and two, I want to see this Mutant's fighting tactics. I'm tired of sitting in this train doing nothing.

"Are you sure?" Ellen asked, concerned.

"Courage is middle name." I replied with a small smile.

She smiled in response. I'm beginning to like Ellen, too bad I realized it now.

"You act as a lookout." Billy told me and I nodded. Joe handed me the torch and his hand touches my palm emitting sparks. I gulped nervously.

"So..... it's sorted then." Joe said looking at both of us.

"Yup." I say popping the 'p'. "Let's see who can make it back alive." I said in a sing-song voice.

"You're very funny." Ellen mused.

"You've no idea what I can do." I grinned.

"And what is that?" she says with a smile.

"I sing like a frog." I said pumping my fist in the air.

She laughed and the others join her. Good thing to bring a smile on these human's faces. I tried not to look at Joe because if I saw his smile, I would stare at him like a goof.

"Ah! The Asbo Kid's fixing the train now?" Adrian gave a snarky remark.

"And what you do is be a selfish dick?, isn't it?." I snapped at him. "It would've been of so much use if you would've at least given up that behaviour and done something." I raised an eyebrow at him.

"That prick isn't going to shut up, is he?" Billy said stepping besides me.

"Never." He replied with a smile.

"I got accepted into an engineering course actually. That's why I was in town." Billy said with pride.

"Impressive." He rolled his eyes.

"He can't handle that, can he?" I smirked at Billy. He stepped towards him, ready to fight but I held a firm grip on his hand.

"We can handle him later. We've a problem to fix." I told him, keeping my icy glare on Adrian.

"Watch him." He told Kate.

"Of course." She replied glancing at Adrian.

"C'mon, let's go." I urged Billy.

"You ready?" Billy asked standing in front of me. Joe stood behind Kate.

"Bring it on." I said quirking an eyebrow at him.

I opened the door and glanced both the sides. The fog hits me in the face, but not enough to blind me. I scanned the forest for the Mutants but no one was around.

Excellent! Seems they've other work to do.

I cautiously step on the gravel not making a sound. Billy followed behind me. Joe was about to close the door when I spoke. "Hey guv," I say my voice a little hoarse.

"Yeah?" he opens the door wider.

"If we don't come in time and the leak is fixed, you start the train okay?" I told him.

"But—"

"She's right." Billy said nodding his head. "We don't want us getting injured and turning in to wolves. We can't infect the others. It's best for everyone."

He thinks for a while. "Okay then."

"You've done a lot for us guv." I said with a smile. "It's time we do something for you." That's my lame attempt to impress him. If he doesn't make it alive this is my last chance to say goodbye. I hope at least some passengers reach Eastborough alive.

"Okay then. Good luck." He said and closed the cabin door.

"Shine the light down." Billy says and I switched the flashlight on. I let him walk ahead of me and keep a watchful eye for the Mutants. I looked at my watch showing the time-- three am. We cross the first compartment and then the second compartment with Billy looking out for the wheels.

"This is it." He takes a quick scan of the forest and crawls under the train. I shine the light on him and sit on one knee, holding the train's grill for support.

"Keep an eye okay?"

"Yes."

"Can you hand me the duct tape?"

"Yeah." I say giving it to him and glance around me.

"Can you give me the tweezers please?"

"Here." I look underneath the train and see how he's patching up the line.

"Shine the light inside please?" He says and I shine the flashlight under the train. I keep glancing around me. After a couple of minutes more, he fixes the patch. "Here we're done." He says and sighs. The engine powers up and the hydraulics clatter.

He hands me the torch and I get up from sitting on one knee. He crawls out from under the train and I help him up.

The train starts moving.

"Oh shit!" We muttered in unison.

***

"Guv, stop the train!" I yelled running towards the driver's cabin. Billy was lagging behind me. "Billy, keep up!" I take a stone from the gravel and haul it towards the driver's cabin. "Guv, stop the train!" I screamed.

"Shit... that thing is chasing us!" Billy yelled.

I turned back and saw that three Mutants are chasing us. My blood ran cold. Billy won't be able to make it to the train. Adrenaline coursed  in my veins as I ran towards the driver's cabin. We continued running and I kept looking back at Billy. The Mutants began to howl and my feet began to run faster. Billy stopped for breath and I begged him to run.

"Billy keep up! You can do it!" I kept telling him. I glanced behind him and saw that the Mutants were  almost nearing us. Time was ticking by and Billy life was at stake. He would either be one of them or he will die.

So I made my choice.

A terrible choice.

A surge of power courses through my veins and I created an energy ball in my hands. A pink ball of energy is generated in my hands. My eyes are a deadly pink as I muttered the spell taught by Grandma. I swiveled the ball of energy in my hands and threw it towards the Mutants. Grabbing Billy's hand, we ran parallel to  the train. Looking back one last time, I saw that the female Mutant was charred to death and the others were baring their teeth at me promising revenge.

When we round the corner, I saw that the train has halted or rather stopped? "The train's stopped!" I rejoiced and ran towards the driver's cabin. I banged on the cabin door and Billy joined after me. I try not to look at him knowing what he's thinking. I could feel his stare on me.

"What did you do to them?" He asked me, his eyes wide.

"I'm a Witch." I told him straight forward. Where did that confidence come from?

"What?! What did you say?" His eyes pop out of his sockets.

"If Werewolves can exist, then Witches also exist." I shrug. Joe swings open the door and I climb up the train steps.

"Don't tell anyone about this please?" I beg him.

"You guys do this mind-link also?" He looks at me with his jaw dropped.

"Promise me." I snarl.

"Yeah I won't tell anyone." He promised.

"Good."  I sigh. "And if you open your mouth to anyone about me, you won't be alive the next morning."  I warned him. I trusted Billy. He wouldn't tell anyone. The threat was fake though.

"You didn't wait for us." I deadpanned.

"I would've but Ellen already pressed the accelerator." He shrugged.

"So start the train what are waiting for?"

"The train stopped on its own." He shrugged.

"What?" I look at Billy and then back to Joe. "But how can that be?"

"We were going alright and then suddenly the engine stopped and the lights turned off."

"Impossible." I shook my head. I turned towards Billy. "Didn't you patch it correctly?"

"Of course I did!" He said, disbelief on his face.

"Then why did the train stop?" I shrieked.

"I don't know." He shrieked louder than me.

"You said you know engines. So how did you make this mistake?" I took a step towards him.

"There might be another fault in the train." He defended himself.

"Great! So why didn't you check it at that time when we were fixing the train?" I seethed.

"Because there wasn't any fault at that time!"

"How can that be?" I placed my hands on my hips. Was he insane? Or am I turning into a maniac living on a stranded train for too long.

"It's the fuel tank." Joe says. We stopped arguing and looked at him with narrow eyes.

"What?"

"The fuel is drained." He said staring at the engine's fuel indicator.

I gripped my hair in my hands, ready to rip it out any moment. "We had a perfect chance to get out alive and here this....."

"Is there no other way?" I asked Billy frantically.

"No. Patching the fuel leak was the only option." He said dejectedly.

"Well, we are so damned now." I kicked the cabin door. "And all this is because of you." I pointed my finger at Billy.

"I've already told you that it wasn't my fault." He argued. I paced in the cabin and fist my palm not letting the anger show.

"Your knowledge in engines was our only hope. And look what you've done." I said gritting my teeth.

"Oh God, why don't you just understand!" his voice got louder.

"Okay. Drop it!" Ellen comes in the cabin. "You both can be heard right to the end of the train." She turned to Joe. "You've to see this."

Her expression was serious.

●🍔●🍔●

So I found this comment in my email today. Unfortunately, I couldn't reply back to you on my previous Wattpad account. But thank you for your comment. I'm tagging you here to let you know that your comment was appreciated.

This is the screenshot of your comment from my inbox.

Incase you're reading this offline, the Wattpad user is @CurlyCrown.

Sorry, I didn't see your comment before as my mail is brimming with emails.

Also, I found this song by a talented and upcoming artist--

CAMI.

I had heard this song last December (2017) when I had attended a girl's first holy communion party.

I'm posting the song here. She's a talented singer and I had sent her lots of love.

And here's another song by her. This is the remix.

The original song is by Hadaway and the name of the song is 'What is Love'.

And, this is Wonderful Life which is also a remix. I don't know the singer of the original song. You can check online and let me know.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

517K 11.2K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
132K 6.9K 16
BOOK ONE IN THE MOON TRILOGY ☆~☆~☆ An ordinary bus tour turns into a living nightmare after a group of tourists, ensnared within the infamous Black...
336 13 16
***"Scream if you find anything" He says "I have my- "I begin to say realizing my gun was no longer with me. "Yeah I took your gun when we came here"...