Merlin: The Return Of The Onc...

alchemicalmuse tarafından

A BBC Merlin fanfiction | Not Completed. [UPDATE: I have taken a short pause. Part 3 will have a bit of a del... Daha Fazla

*
-1-
-2-
NOTE
-4-
-5-
-6-
**
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
-11-
-12-
-13-
-14-
***
-15-

-3-

442 18 29
alchemicalmuse tarafından

It was getting later. He decided that he should head back to his hotel when he saw someone approaching him in the distance.
He squinted his eyes trying to get a better view at the shadowy figure. It had gotten much later so the sky had turned dark blue and street lights had been switched on. It was still difficult to see though.
As the figure got closer he could tell that they were tall and mascular, making Merlin nervous. He stood up, alert and ready to fight. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up and he had to swallow his heart in his throat.
Finally, he could see a face. It was a man, he had a short stubble and short neat hair. The man had a scar that traced from his lip to the bottom of his chin. Merlin just hoped that the scar would be the result of something like a heroic battle with a doorknob, not from fighting.
The figure looked tense and his stride demonstrated determination, like he was on a mission he needed to complete.
Finally, the stranger locked his blue eyes with Merlin, confirming the stranger was here for him.
"Halt!" Merlin yelled.
No wait, wrong century.
"I-I mean, Stop!" He yelled again, nervous at how close the stranger was getting.
The stranger did so, obeying Merlin's command.
Huh?
It wasn't often someone would actually listen to Merlin, so he was really confused that the stranger had actually stopped.
"Who are you and what do you want?" Asked Merlin, his fingers tingling with the magic beginning to flow through his veins.
The man put up his hands in a self defence gesture, and then spoke.
"I don't come to harm you. We need to talk."
The man spoke in a strange voice, like he struggled to form the words properly.
"Come closer, slowly." Merlin said, still standing on guard ready for anything to happen.
The man did, walking until he was only a couple of feet away from Merlin. It was at this point he noticed the man was wearing a navy business suit. What on earth was he here for?
Then, the stranger sat down on the cold bench Merlin has been previously sitting on. Merlin refused to sit back down so turned around to face the stranger, standing.
"Can I help you?" Merlin croaked, hating every second of this interaction.
The man put his hand into his coat, attempting to pull something out.
"Woah, Easy there!" Merlin exclaimed, not wanting to be shot.

Merlin hadn't been able to die fair enough, but he still suffered the painful injury. He was always weary about being shot in the head or vital organs because it took him a while to regenerate and he would just be lying on the floor for hours bleeding out, seemingly dead.
There was multiple times he had awoken in a morgue, and he always felt awful for the person he had horrified for the rest of their life. It's not everyday a seemingly dead person just sits up. The poor worker always ends up screaming their lungs out with pure terror. Then, Merlin would have to make some stupid excuse and bolt, trying to find some accessible clothes on the way.

The man held his hands up in defense, and exclaimed "Woah, calm yourself. It's just a piece of paper, see?"
Then, he lifted out a piece of white, folded paper and held it over to Merlin.

No gun. Merlin felt more at ease and grabbed the piece of paper. He opened it up for it to read:

--------------------------------------
'31/10/20  @ 12.00PM.'
--------------------------------------

"What is this?" He asked curiously, folding the paper back into his pocket.
"It's a date and time." The man replied, to which Merlin rolled his eyes to and said, "Obviously."
Then the man elaborated, "It's the date and time where you will meet my boss, if you are interested in our deal."
"What deal?" Merlin asked, finding the whole situation a bit bazar.
Then, the man locked eyes with Merlin and spoke in a cold voice,
"We know who you are."
That was enough to send waves of nausea throughout Merlin's entire body.
"I-uh, I d-don't know what you're talking about." Merlin stuttered, not amused to as what the man had just said.
"Oh really?" The man raised his right eyebrow, doubting what Merlin had to say. Then he just sat for a while, thinking, before he quickly pulled out a gun and shot a round towards Merlin.
It was all too fast but thankfully, Merlin's reflexes of magic were on point. He quickly redirected the bullet, sending it into the tree trunk instead of Merlin's head.
Then, Merlin looked towards the man, ready to use his magic against him.
"Woah, woah!" The man yelled, dropping the ground at his feet and putting his hands up.
"I was just proving a point." Said the stranger, panting nervously.
Merlin then looked at the gun at his feet and thought to himself, seriously?
He'd been tricked by a middle aged man. That was embarrassing.

"What do you want?" Merlin asked, seriously getting fed up with this interaction.
The man then, said nothing. He was staring at Merlin, concentrating.
"I'm sorry," The man said. "Could you please repeat that looking at me."
Merlin looked at him strangely and said, "What?"
Then it donged in him. Was this man deaf? He had been reading Merlin's lips the whole time...

"I didn't quite catch that," the man spoke again, softly, "No big deal."
"Hey, man. Are you deaf?" Merlin asked,   studying the stranger carefully.
"Uh..." The man trailed off, then, didn't answer; Apparently not happy admitting this form of disability, a potential weakness for those who worked in the Army, MI6, or any similar form of public service.
"Do you want me to fix it for you?" Merlin said, staring at the man's ears as if there was going to be a neon sign saying 'I am deaf!'. Even though the man was a complete stranger to him, he couldn't overcome his urge to help people whenever he was able.

The man looked at Merlin in disbelief.
"Why?" He asked, not understanding why Merlin would do this kindness.
"Because. I have the ability to do so. Like you said, it's no big deal. Do you want me to fix your ears?" Merlin said, slightly delighted to be able to offer a kind action for once.
The man knodded, unsure as to what was about to happen.
Merlin lifted both his hands and set them gently upon the man's ears. Then, magic surged from his fingertips into the man's ears, weaving a spell to fix this man's deafness.
Then once it was done, he dropped his hands down to his side's.
The man widened his eyes, listening to the birds in the trees and cried. It wasn't a contained cry either, he really balled his eyes out. Then, as if he hadn't tried to shoot Merlin only a few minutes before, he embraced Merlin into a hug. Merlin had to use all his weight not to fall over. These healing spells really took a toll on his strength. He could only perform it once every few weeks. If he did so too much, he would pass out from exhaustion for ages.
Although, Merlin felt rather good about himself. He had brought happiness to this man's life. He longed being able to do actions like this.
"Thank you." The man croaked into Merlin's shoulder, making Merlin smile.
Then the man stood up, wiped his tears and cleared his throat. "Right. So, about why I'm here." Already, the man was speaking in a much better voice. Merlin could hear a hint of, British? It was a bit hard to tell.
Merlin knodded, letting the man get to the point.

"My people have been following you for a long time. We've been keeping an eye on you, sense those powers of yours could potentially destroy the entire country."
Merlin looked at him, shocked. How had anyone been following him? For how long? He surely would have noticed.
"We keep track of everything that happens to you. Every location, every encounter. And now, you're in trouble. Accused terrorism. My people want to help."
"Help? Me? Why would you want to help me?" Merlin asked dumfounded.
"Well, personally before I met you, I didn't. I wanted to shoot you in the head and be done with it. But from our reports, that doesn't work, so that option was crossed off the list. And, well, after what you've done for me... I won't be shooting you."
"Thanks." Merlin said, appreciating the fact of not having to be shot.
The man continued, "The people I work for know what you can do. They've left you alone for a long time but now, you need their help. And they need yours."
Merlin looked at the man, thinking about what he had just said. All of this was so, overwhelming. Merlin didn't know what to do.
"Look," the man said. "You don't have to make your mind up now. Think about it. But from where your standing, I think you could use the help. You have no idea the amount of resources my team has access to, they have the power to completely wipe any trace of you from the internet and more. We will tell you the terms of the deal at this date." The man pointed at the piece of paper Merlin was still holding on to. The man continued, "It gives you some time to get to the decided location. Come to London, meet at a place called 'Pete's Bar.'
Await further instructions. Oh, and don't get caught by your friends who have a bounty for your head. We couldn't be annoyed with all the drama."
Merlin looked at the man, speechless. But, he was seriously thinking about what the man had said. Fair enough, it could be a trap. But Merlin was Merlin, he could take down any threat that came his way. And besides, he did need the helping hand.
"We look forward to seeing you there." The man finally spoke, lifting up his gun and placing it back into his coat. Then, he gave Merlin one last nod of gratitude and as quick as he had came, he vanished into the darkness, walking with the same determined speed.

*
The way back to the hotel felt too easy. Merlin should've known he was being followed but he couldn't keep his mind from thinking about the deal. He was seriously considering it because to him, what more could he loose.
He only realised something wasn't right whenever he was a couple of streets away from his hotel. For a late afternoon, usually the birds were singing the last of their songs before bed and people were out doing the last of their things before heading home. But, there was no one out walking their dogs, no one to be seen putting out the bins and the birds were silent, as if there were none there.
That's when Merlin spotted a man following him a couple of yards behind as he had taken the same right turns as Merlin the past 5 times in a row. Seriously, what was with all these people lately?

Merlin quickened his pace. His heart began to rise and his palms got sweaty. He had brutal butterflies bashing about in his stomache which made him feel the need to be sick. His stupid anxiety was playing up again but at least it was giving him the adrenaline to walk faster and be more alert. Nope, that was him being positive. He hated everything about anxiety.
He looked to his left. The man had vanished. This was not good news.
He had just about got to his door step when he sensed danger. A couple of seconds later, he managed to dodge a blow thanks to his amazing senses. (If you call them spidey senses I swear to you now, Merlin will find you and happily allow you to. Have a nice day. Bet you weren't expecting that Lol.)
Merlin turned around to see that he was face to face with not one but three agents. Sadly, his senses didn't work this time and he earned himself a punch up the nose.
"Ow!" Merlin exclaimed as he held onto his nose to try and stop the bleeding. "Seriously?" He yelled as he dodged another punch. Merlin's eyes changed from a blue to a piercing yellow when he used magic to bang all three of their heads together and they dropped to the floor like puppets.
He winced at their bodies. They were only unconciousness, and what he had done was relatively painless, but he couldn't escape his conscience, even if they had intentions of harming him.

He checked their vitals to see if they were okay, and when they were, he steped over their bodies and began to walk away in a fast pace.
He was really growing tired of this but he couldn't loose his temper, or control.

It seemed that only 3 enemy had spotted him but he wasn't taking any chances so he walked as far as his legs could take him, cutting through ally ways, retracing his steps and taking new routes, all he could do to make sure he wasn't being followed before be checked into another hotel.
After 20 minutes of trying to convince the person at the desk that he was Polish with his fake accent and having to tell him all about his country, (He wanted to throw the man off, he couldn't be caught as a suspect of terrorism. Not now.) The guy finally let him go.
He had hasty bought a beanie and fake mustache at a passing Spar shop and wore his old sunglasses to hide his appearance so thankfully he wasn't recognised.

As soon as Merlin got to his room, he crashed on top of his bed and fell into a deep sleep.

He was back at Camelot. He could smell the familar smell of pine from the trees and filth and dirt.
He was at the castle gates and he could see people rushing towards the castle. Excitement filled the air and he felt so overwhelmed. He was home.
He decided to follow the crowd to see what the excitement was when he was brought just outside the castle where anouncements were usually held. A horn blew a quick tune to grab the attention of the crowd and the talking died away.
From the corner, he could hear them before he could see them. 'Clop!' 'Clop!' 'Clop' went they horses hooves as they came round the corner with Camelot's finest knights on their backs. "Camelot welcomes warmly the return of King Arthur!" Leon, one of the knights, shouted as they raised one arm in the air and the crowd cheered. Then suddenly, as if he had never died, Arthur came around the corner on his horse with his sword raised in the air with a victorious smile on his face.
Merlin couldn't believe it. Arthur was alive. He was breathing and walking and as healthy as he could be. He was back. A tear of joy dropped from Merlin's face as he watched Arthur approach him.
"I've never seen you this happy about a victory before. What's got you smiling?" Asked Arthur as he put his sword back into place.
"I'm just glad to see you, clotpole." Merlin said happily with a twinkle in his eyes as he threw himself at Arthur into a hug. Arthur nearly fell over with the unexpected hug and straightened himself up.
"Are you sure you're okay? You're getting on as if someone's drugged you. And hug me again and i'll have you put in the stocks for a week." Said Arthur as Merlin continued to smile.
Arthur looked at Merlin with a look of deep concern when Leon said "Sire, you are needed at the round table."
Arthur turned around to look at Leon when he replied, "Okay. Do me a favour Leon, have Merlin brought to Gaius and have him checked out. He's either been spending way too much time at the Tavern or he's been drugged with some sort of happy poison." Leon stared at Merlin as Arthur gave him one last look of concern and looked rather puzzled before he walked away to the doors of the Castle. As Arthur had his meeting, Merlin was brought to Gaius to be checked out in private for his extreme happiness.

"What have you done now?" Asked Gaius as Leon closed the door behind him.
"Nothing. I'm just happy to see Arthur, and Leon and even you!" Merlin replied as he swung his legs to and fro on the table.
Gaius stared at him, looked around to make sure no one was there and said, "Look, we don't have much time. How far into the future are you? What century is it?"
"What?" Merlin exclaimed in confusion as he nearly fell off the table.
"You heard me, Merlin. What century is it?" Gaius erged Merlin.
"Uh, the uh, the 21st." Merlin replied trying to wrap his head around the situation.

Gaius continued, "Then it's time. Listen carefully Merlin. This is so, very much important."
Merlin knodded when Gaius said, "You are about to face a terrible quest." Merlin's heart skipped a beat.
"This will be the hardest and most challenging you have ever faced. Even more so than the battle of Camelot with Morgana. Do you understand me?"
Merlin knodded in agreement.
"Good." Gaius replied. "In 12 months, You must go to where Avalon. This is where a big battle will take place. There, You will face many trials. You are yet to meet 2 companions; Listen to the them, as they will help you. You must remember my instructions Merlin, they will be vital in a year's time."

Merlin knodded, once again. Gaius went on, "Once you pass 3 brutal trials, you will be faced with a reward. This reward will help you on your journey. Afterwards, you must prepare yourself to face an old foe; It will be extremely difficult but do not lose hope, you are capable. Finally, jf you take anything away from this today, Merlin, then recall this, for it is has been prophesied; The time has come for the return of the Once and Future King."

Merlin dropped his chin. Did Gaius really just say... That...

Again, Merlin knodded. This was seriously becoming repetitive but in all honesty, Merlin was speechless. He wasn't even processing much what was going on or what was being said. He just stared blankly at Gaius for most of the conversation.
"You will fight against the darkness. Courage and strength will be by your side, as will your own magic. United, you can bring down the darkness and save the world. The fate of the world depends on you."
Gaius looked at Merlin like he was checking if he was still there.
"And Merlin?" Gaius asked.
"Yes?" Merlin replied.
Gaius gave him a look of sympathy but a look of pride a parent would give to their child.
"Good luck."

Suddenly, the place began to spin. He was back outside the castlegrounds, on long, green grass. He looked up and had only just noticed that there were no stars blinking in the big, black sky but instead it was being polluted with thick, orange smoke. He began to smell the fumes of burning wood and smoke and suddenly he could hear screams, screams of terror emerging from inside the castle grounds. Before Merlin could try and get up, he saw giant, yellow flames erupting from Camelot, destroying everything in it's path.
And then, to add to his list of horror, a massive, reptilian, black dragon with evil, round eyes, came swooshing down towards Merlin. It's wings flapped with immense power and it moved with great agility when it suddenly decided to pick up it's speed as if about to catch it's prey.
It soared, getting closer and closer and Merlin could see the excitement in it's face as the creature almost reached him.
Merlin tried to command it, he yelled and screamed at it but it did no good, he only succeeded in making the beast angrier. Fire erupted from it's mouth and it's eyes filled with such hatred and determination made the hair on the back of Merlin's neck stand.
As he looked deeper into the beast's eyes he saw something familar. Behind the hatred and evil, he saw saddness. But he looked deeper and that's when he saw Morgana's eyes.
Merlin stared in horror, his body froze, yet his hands trembled. Then, the dragon got so close, Merlin could lift his arm and touch it. Suddenly, black, whispy smoke erupted from no where. The image of Camelot died away until all he could see was darkness. But, one image remained. The image of the dragon, still flapping its giant wings.
Merlin suddenly lost the ability to breathe, he tried to move but as the dragon opened it's jaws wide, with such fierciousity it enclosed around Merlin with a 'Snap!', leaving him to nothing but darkness...

______________________________

Copyright © 2019 by Skye T.
(Alchemicalmuse)

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means, or stored in a database or retrieval system, without the prior permission of the author.

This is a work of fiction. This publication is based on the TV Show 'Merlin', produced by the BBC. Names, characters, businesses, organisations, places, events and incidents outside that of the show or Arthurian legend are either the product of the Author's imagination or entirely coincidental.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

17.2K 633 20
Arthur Pendragon has always trusted his father's opinion of sorcery. He has witnessed, first hand, the atrocities Camelot's enemies could commit with...
603 8 14
A hundred years after the death of King Arthur and Merlin; the Kingdom of Camelot is now under the rule of King Soren Pendragon and his wife Queen El...
81.1K 3K 21
Freya lives the attack, only just. But when she dies giving birth, Merlin's Son is born just before the Tears of Uther Pendragon, what will Merlin do...
12.3K 474 23
Revealfic set after 4x10: The Druid boy leaves a lasting impression on Arthur and in an attempt to fulfill his promise to the spirit he sets out to...