The Mark of a Fallen Angel

By Misguided

Alexis Gardiner has been through the normal ups and downs of a seventeen year old girl, albeit a few pluses a... More

1: New Beginnings...
2: Patterns and Scars
3: Another Side Of Him
4: Tell Me The Truth
5: Memory
7: Confrontation
8: Just Friends...?
9: Followed
10: Visitor
11: The New Guy
12: Manipulation
13: Barely Coping
14: Feather
15: Familiar Stranger P1
16: Familiar Stranger P2
17: Maryanne Thomas
18: Power
19: Leo
20: Past, Present, and No Future
21: Blonde
22:Cousin Theo
23: The Book of Enoch
24: Family History
25: The Truth.
26: Wings
27: Calling
28: Check List
29: Unaware Goodbye
30 - Part I: Pain
30 - Part II: Who I Am
31: Stories
32: Remembered
33: Training
34: Genevieve
35: Fire and Ice
36: School
37: Attack Me... If You Can
38: Cam
39: Strength
40: Tutored
41 - Part I : Want
41 - Part II - Morning After
42: The Old Ones
43: I Tried
44: Funeral
45: Mysteries and All Other Things
46: Loop hole
47: Christmas
48: Like Old Times
49: 5/6 Days Remaining - 26th December
50: Invincible
51: 4/5 Days Remaining - Death and Anger
52: 3/4 Days Remaining - The Other Side
53: 2/3 Days Remaining - Black Heart
54: 23 Hours Remaining - Step 5
55: Last Hours
56: The Decision
57: One Last Night
Epilogue.

6: Anger

165K 3K 193
By Misguided

___________________________

It's Monday afternoon. And I still don't remember anything from Friday night.  Damn.

But I've successfully kept the fact that I can read Gabriel's mind away from him.  

And I've been listening in on his mind for the past day and a half. After figuring out I could read his mind and him mine, I've been trying to keep him out. I have no idea if I have been or not but I'm guessing I am.  

I'm pretty sure something important happened on Friday but my freaking head decided to go AWOL on me. Unless... An alien landed on my brain at some point and erased everything... 

Did I seriously just think that?  

"Alex!" Someone shouted from the end of the hall.  

It was lunch now and I was headed toward the cafeteria because it was raining outside. Sometimes I love the rain. But today isn't going too well so now I hate it.  

I turned around and smiled. Jayden and I met in my music class two years ago. He's an awesome singer (Not as good as Gabriel of course) and we were usually partnered up. Great guy, kinda hot, wouldn't date him though, he's like a brother.  

He flicked his blond hair out of his green eyes and grinned. "Hey, hey!"  

He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I wrapped mine around his waist. "Hey, Jay; how was your weekend?"  

He shrugged. "Can't complain. What about you?"  

"Same," I agreed as we walked into the cafeteria. I searched every table looking for the familiar icy blue eyes.

'Who is she with?' I heard him whisper.

For some reason, his thoughts always came out like a whisper. I wonder if I can make them louder.  

I looked around again and spotted Tracey, Brian, Jamie, Megan and Gabriel on a large table. Jamie and Megan are twins and I loved them both to pieces.

Jayden and I walked up to the table. Jamie smiled. "Hey,"  I've always been amazed at Megan and Jamie's light brown eyes. I've seen their parents. Their dad has dark brown eyes and their mom has slightly lighter brown eyes. But hell they weren't as light as her kids.  

"Hey you two. I didn't see you both last week?" I said as I sat beside Gabriel.

"Meg and I have been busy getting our schedules swapped around. Apparently being male and female twins is too hard for the faculty to handle."

Megan rolled her eyes. "Obviously they mistook him for the smarter twin and gave him all of my AP classes."

"I have two AP classes."

"I have four." She argued.

They carried on with there little banter and I started listening in on Gabriel.

'When your love has gone... you carry on... this is her song. This is the song for no one...'

I chuckled under my breath. He was singing Song For No One by Miike Snow.  

He looked at me and raised a brow. I shook my head as if to say, nothing.  

"Gabriel, Alex, what are you doing for your birthday next month?" Tracey asked.  

Gabe and I exchanged a look. "We haven't really decided." I said.  

"Party?" Jayden asked.  

I shrugged.  

"Hey, if you do I'm the DJ," Jamie said.  

Gabe nodded. "Of course; you were the DJ at our last party."  

I smiled and watched the two of them discus music. I had this weird itchy feeling on my right hand and wrist and started scratching. I looked down as I scratched and saw a rash from my hand up to my wrist.  

Gabriel was staring at it with wide eyes. "You have a rash."  

"Thank you captain obvious," I grinned sarcastically.

'They said this wouldn't happen...' I heard but everything went silent.

I couldn't hear him?  

Why can't I hear him?  

And what did he mean they said this wouldn't happen?  I looked down at the rash. It looked normal if a rash could ever look normal. I don't get what his problem is.  

I stared up into his eyes and for some reason looked away and blushed. Why? I don't have a friggin' clue. Yeah I know he kissed me on Monday but I had a feeling that wasn't all. Something happened on Friday and I am trying so hard to remember.  

I just get so frustrated sometimes.  

His hand went under my chin and lifted. He opened his mouth to say something but the bell rang. Damn it, I didn't even eat anything.  

Jayden grabbed my good hand and said, "Ready to go to music?" He smiled enthusiastically.  

I grinned back. "Yep!"  

Gabriel and I stood up at the same time; he smiled down at me and opened his arms. I walked into them and sighed against his chest. I always felt safe with Gabriel. He wrapped his arms around me and held me for what felt like hours.  

Jayden coughed. "We're gonna be late. And we're first too."  

I unwillingly let go of Gabe.  

"I'll see you after school. Come over to mine." Was all he said before he walked off.  

Jayden and I made it to music with 30 seconds to spare. I grabbed my guitar and sat up front tuning it in. When Jayden said we were first, that meant we were first to perform. It was more of a warm up. Everyone goes through a song, doesn't matter if they were playing an instrument or singing everyone had to do something.  

It was my turn to choose a song so I chose a song I felt was appropriate to how I was feeling right now.  

I concentrated on trying to see if I could hear Gabriel from here...

'Describe the language used in Mary Shelly's Frankenstein using all 17 devises... Screw that...' I heard faintly.

I smiled to myself and tried to knock down the wall that was blocking him from hearing me. I think I did it because Gabe's thoughts were now directed to me.  

I told Jayden what song we were playing and told the drummer and other guitar player. I was playing acoustic and he was playing an electric.  

It was called Always Attract by You Me At Six.  

Jayden placed a microphone in front of both me and him and sat down on a stool next to me.  

He started counting... "1...2...3...4..."  

And I let my fingers pick at the chords. I played the intro leading into the first verse and Jayden started singing. I made sure Gabriel could hear everything.  

He was definitely listening.  

Jayden sung the chorus,

"That night I slept, On your side of the bed so, It was ready when you got home. We're like, noughts and crosses in that, Opposites always attract..."

Near the end of the next verse I started singing with him,

"Am I keeping you awake, if I am then just say, you can make your own decisions; you can make your own mistakes. I'll live and let die all the promises you made, but if you lie another time, it'll be a lie that's too late..."

Gabe's thoughts were blank as he listened.  

And both Jayden and I were singing the chorus when I had the weirdest of flashbacks.  

I was in a clearing with Gabriel... it was dark; there were trees everywhere and... I was... doing something...  

My fingers played the simple solo. 

And then I remembered.

We kissed. Twice.

I continued as if I didn't remember one of the single most romantic moments in my seventeen almost eighteen years of life. The drums and electric guitar came in and Jayden was really getting into it.  

I was a little bit pissed off. There was something fishy about this whole situation; me somehow forgetting everything that happened after the movie and then only remembering things involving Gabriel. Something happened and I was going to find out.  

We started playing the outro and everyone applauded.  

Another flashback came to mind...  

That guy I went out with tried to... oh God... And Gabriel was there to save me.

That's it.

I stood up, placed the guitar on the stool and rushed out of the room. People started calling after me but I ignored them.  

I was beyond pissed off right now.  

And I know Gabriel has something to do with this.

___________________________________

Authors note (2014: edited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 301 65
In a world where reality is farfetched and uncanniness might just be the new norm, 17 year old Cali's life is mysteriously turned upside down by a si...
540 1 10
High School as never been a happy time for Emily. She has always dreamed of living a life with no drama but knowing high school she knew that wasnt p...
20.1K 4.7K 87
|COMPLETED| >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alexandrea Dwayne is a seventeen-year old girl who suffered abuse at the hands of the man who raised her. After the man...
42 9 28
Caitlyn Young's life has changed drastically within a matter of weeks. After a battle between dark angels and fallen yet still angelic beings Caitlyn...